Famous Quotes About Being Sane
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about Being Sane.
Top Quotes About Being Sane
1. "It must be something voluntary, something self induced - like getting drunk, or talking yourself into believing some piece of foolishness because it happens to be in the Scriptures. And then look at their idea of what's normal. Believe it or not, a normal human being is one who can have an orgasm and is adjusted to society. It's unimaginable! No question about what you do with your orgasms. No question about the quality of your feelings and thoughts and perceptions. And then what about the society you're supposed to be adjusted to? Is it a mad society or a sane one? And even if it's pretty sane, is it right that anybody should be completely adjusted to it?"
Author: Aldous Huxley
2. "If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different....I'd rather be completely fucking mental."
Author: Angelina Jolie
3. "You are the least sane person I've had themisfortune to meet."The corners of her eyes pinched a little, just for thebarest second, then cleared. "Well, there are plentymore people for you to meet, Mr. Merrick, so do notgive up hope yet." But the tone of her voice was fartoo cheerful.He watched her for a moment. Watched as herface cleared of anything remotely hurt or upset. "Doyou object to being called insane or my saying that Ihad the misfortune of meeting you?""Neither, of course."He drummed his finger on the desk, irritated and,God, how did people live feeling guilty about things?"You are just fine as you are," he said gruffly.Her expression froze for a moment, then bloomedinto a smile that would slay demons."
Author: Anne Mallory
4. "That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserved of their scorn."
Author: Barack Obama
5. "You will say that I am old and mad, was what Michaelangelo wrote, but I answer that there is no better way of being sane and free from anxiety than by being mad."
Author: David Markson
6. "We get no credit for being sane, do we? I get no credit. Even from me. From myself. I hold it together and hold it together and I make it another day, another year, and there's no reward. Nothing great about me being normal. About not being crazy." He frowned. "Then you have one bad day, and you worry for yourself, you know? It only takes one."
Author: Hugh Howey
7. "One tiny Hobbit against all the evil the world could muster. A sane being would have given up, but Samwise burned with a magnificent madness, a glowing obsession to surmount every obstacle, to find Frodo, destroy the Ring, and cleanse Middle Earth of its festering malignancy. He knew he would try again. Fail, perhaps. And try once more. A thousand, thousand times if need be, but he would not give up the quest."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
8. "I couldn't see him putting up with the restraints and discipline of being a Bottom - he wouldn't have been able to remember half the rules - and no sane person would allow Rob to be his Top."
Author: Josh Lanyon
9. "The rewards for being sane may not be very many, but knowing what's funny is one of them."
Author: Kingsley Amis
10. "Poetry, for me, is the answer to, 'How does one stay sane when private lives are being ransacked by public events?' It's something that hangs over your head all the time."
Author: Lisel Mueller
11. "There is also a third kind of madness, which is possession by the Muses, enters into a delicate and virgin soul, and there inspiring frenzy, awakens lyric....But he, who, not being inspired and having no touch of madness in his soul, comes to the door and thinks he will get into the temple by the help of art--he, I say, and his poetry are not admitted; the sane man is nowhere at all when he enters into rivalry with the madman."
12. "I wonder if being sane means disregarding the chaos that is life, pretending only an infinitesimal segment of it is reality."
Author: Rabih Alameddine
13. "Damn it," I muttered. "What?" asked Adrian. "I hate when you're the sane one. That's my job." "Rose," he said, forcibly trying to keep a serious tone, "I can think of many words to describe you, sexy and hot being at the top of the list. You know what's not on the list? Sane."
Author: Richelle Mead
14. "I told you the truth... Memory's truth, because memory has its own special kind. It selects, eliminates, alters, exaggerates, minimizes, glorifies, and vilifies also; but in the end it creates its own reality, its heterogeneous but usually coherent version of events; and no sane human being ever trusts someone else's version more than his own."
Author: Salman Rushdie
15. "I should have thought of this years ago.But that was the problem with being sane. Sane people played by the rules. They looked for rational explanations and solutions in an insane universe."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
16. "Science, I am told, is making great strides, experimenting, groping after things which no sane man has ever dreamed of before – without being burned alive for it."
Author: Walter De La Mare
17. "We Americans are not usually thought to be a submissive people, but of course we are. Why else would we allow our country to be destroyed? Why else would we be rewarding its destroyers? Why else would we all — by proxies we have given to greedy corporations and corrupt politicians — be participating in its destruction? Most of us are still too sane to piss in our own cistern, but we allow others to do so and we reward them for it. We reward them so well, in fact, that those who piss in our cistern are wealthier than the rest of us.How do we submit? By not being radical enough. Or by not being thorough enough, which is the same thing."
Author: Wendell Berry
18. "I began to get a feeling familiar to me from my bartending days of being the only sane man in a nuthouse. It doesn't make you feel superior but depressed and scared, because there is nobody you can contact."
Author: William S. Burroughs
Quotes About Being Sane Pictures