Famous Quotes About Being Strong Through Hard Times Tumblr
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Being Strong Through Hard Times Tumblr.
Top Quotes About Being Strong Through Hard Times Tumblr
1. "My wife and I ran through 'Justified' in, like, a day. And that is such a funny, amazing show."
Author: Adam Pally
2. "I'm afraid that's inappropriate behavior for the schoolyard," Xavier teased. "I know my charm is hard to resist, but please tray and control yourself."
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
3. "O, were I loved as I desire to be!What is there in the great sphere of the earth,Or range of evil between death and birth,That I should fear, - if I were loved by thee!All the inner, all the outer world of pain,Clear love would pierce and cleave, if thou wert mine;As I have heard that somewhere in the mainFresh-water springs come up through bitter brine.‘I were joy, not fear, clasped hand in hand with thee,To wait for death - mute - careless of all ills,Apart upon a mountain, though the surgeOf some new deluge from a thousand hillsFlung leagues of roaring foam into the gorgeBelow us, as far on as eye could see."
Author: Alfred Tennyson
4. "There is so much pain in the world, and most of these people keep theirs secret, rolling through agonizing lives in invisible wheelchairs, dressed in invisible bodycasts."
Author: Andrew Solomon
5. "Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I'm most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me."
Author: Anne Hathaway
6. "She was afraid of not being able to pull herself out of the dream world, never waking up, never knowing what really happened, never realizing her goals, her hopes, her dreams."
Author: B. Barmanbek
7. "I coined this term 'freedom thru limitation' back in the '90s because I was sick of art being treated like pop, because of this boring 'anything can be art' theory."
Author: Billy Childish
8. "They managed to find time... to tell me that there was no chance of my being accepted for service and that really I should be surprised to still be alive."
Author: C. S. Forester
9. "Doubts raced through my mind as I considered the feasibility of enforcing a law which the majority of honest citizens didn't seem to want."
Author: Eliot Ness
10. "I used to know a sculptor... He always said that if you looked hard enough, you could see where each person carried his soul in his body. It sounds crazy, but when you saw his sculptures, it made sense. I think the same is true with those we love... Our bodies carry our memories of them, in our muscles, in our skin, in our bones. My children are right here." She pointed to the inside curve of her elbow. "Where I held them when they were babies. Even if there comes a time when I don't know who they are anymore. I believe I will feel them here."
Author: Erica Bauermeister
11. "At times I felt that the universe fabricated from the power of imagination had stronger and more lasting contours than the blurred realm of the flesh-and-blood creatures around me."
Author: Isabel Allende
12. "If you want to watch me shake like the owner of aChinese buffet when two six hundred pound men walk through the doors, byall means, stick around. ~ Logan"
Author: Jennifer Turner
13. "Right through to the end of the last World Cup game, I still couldn't bear the thought of not being perfect or letting people down."
Author: Jonny Wilkinson
14. "I'd think, maybe he truly is something extraordinary. He's what he is, that's it. Maybe that makes him strong enough, being what he is."
Author: Ken Kesey
15. "No long-term marriage is made easily, and there have been times when I've been so angry or so hurt that I thought my love would never recover. And then, in the midst of near despair, something has happened beneath the surface. A bright little flashing fish of hope has flicked silver fins and the water is bright and suddenly I am returned to a state of love again — till next time. I've learned that there will always be a next time, and that I will submerge in darkness and misery, but that I won't stay submerged. And each time something has been learned under the waters; something has been gained; and a new kind of love has grown. The best I can ask for is that this love, which has been built on countless failures, will continue to grow. I can say no more than that this is mystery, and gift, and that somehow or other, through grace, our failures can be redeemed and blessed."
Author: Madeleine L'Engle
16. "I'd like to widen people's awareness of the tremendous timespan lying ahead--for our planet, and for life itself. Most educated people are aware that we're the outcome of nearly 4bn years of Darwinian selection, but many tend to think that humans are somehow the culmination. Our sun, however, is less than halfway through its lifespan. It will not be humans who watch the sun's demise, 6bn years from now. Any creatures that then exist will be as different from us as we are from bacteria or amoebae."
Author: Martin J. Rees
17. "Let's just call things what they are. When a man's love of finery clouds his moral judgment, that is vanity. When he lets a demanding palate make his moral choices, that is gluttony. When he ascribes the divine will to his own whims, that is pride. And when he gets angry at being reminded of animal suffering that his own daily choices might help avoid, that is moral cowardice."
Author: Matthew Scully
18. "Maybe clothes are a form of creative expression for me. An outlet. Because I don't get to express myself creatively through my official duties."
Author: Queen Rania Of Jordan
19. "Throw your arms around the world and hold on tight. But not through fear ...but because of your love."
Author: Rasheed Ogunlaru
20. "Is anything truly impossible? Or is it that the path to our goals appears too unclear to follow? It seems to me that if you seek hard enough, pray hard enough, you usually stumble across a scattering of breadcrumbs that marks the trail leading to the goal you once considered beyond your reach."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
21. "You'll be stronger, Alayna, having explored the part of you that you've been afraid to know. I'll have to stop if you tell me to, so you'll actually hold the power, but you won't tell me to stop. You'll beg me not to, and when you leave here, you'll believe you're the gorgeous, sensual being I see in front of me."
Author: Scarlet Wolfe
22. "It's time for these people to have accountability for what is being done."
Author: Sonny Landham
23. "So you would think that at this moment, I would be in utter despair. Here's what's strange. The main thing I feel is a sense of relief. That I can give up this game. That the question of whether I can succeed in this venture has been answered, even if that answer is resounding no. That if desperate times call for desperate measures, then I am free to act as desperately as I wish."
Author: Suzanne Collins
Quotes About Being Strong Through Hard Times Tumblr Pictures