Famous Quotes About Being Taken Serious
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Being Taken Serious.
Top Quotes About Being Taken Serious
1. "Captain Smek himself appeared on television for an official speech to humankind. [...] 'Noble Savages of Earth,' he said. 'Long time we have tried to live together in peace.' (It had been five months.) 'Long time have the Boov suffered under the hostileness and intolerableness of you people. With sad hearts I now concede that Boov and humans will never to exist as one.' I remember being really excited at this point. Could I possibly be hearing right? Were the Boov about to leave? I was so stupid.'And so now I generously grant you Human Preserves - gifts of land that will be for humans forever, never to be taken away again, now.' [...] So that's when we Americans were given Florida. One state for three hundred million people. There were going to be some serious lines for the bathrooms."
Author: Adam Rex
2. "My influences have been what I call my four Bs - the primary one being the blues, then Borges, Baraka, and Bearden."
Author: August Wilson
3. "Practically everything from hairstyles to lifestyles is endorsed as some sort of drug to be taken Now for Instant Relief."
Author: Benjamin Hoff
4. "Ever since he had discovered the rationality of the hrossa he had been haunted by a conscientious scruple as to whether it might not be his duty to undertake their religious instruction; now as a result of his tentative efforts, he found himself being treated as if he were the savage and being given a first sketch of civilized religion-a sort of hrossian equivalent of the shorter catechism."
Author: C.S. Lewis
5. "I know your job's to channel the bleeding divine, and when have I ever stood in your way? Aren't I the bloke puts "Do Not Disturb, Eschatology Being Revelationed" on your door? EH? But you're supposed to keep me in the loop, and turn up when I need you, and do me the sheer minimum modicum of salutage and whatnot, right?"
Author: China Miéville
6. "He wants to know, "Why would you fuck up Tris's Barbies?" and now I'm like, Shit, is this the price of the sacrifice for Caroline passing out unexpectedly early—that Nick has taken over the melancholy stage that usually follows Caroline's inquisitive one? "I have three sisters and I know that's some serious business, messing with another girl's Barbies." Okay, maybe he's not being melancholy because his sarcastic smile lets me know he's back to being standard-issue band-boy irony creature. Damn him that it somewhat makes me wanna jump his bones."
Author: David Levithan
7. "He could not bear to see pain, or sorrow, or misery of any kind; and, if it came under his notice, he was never easy till he had relieved it, for the time, at any rate. But he was afraid of being made uncomfortable; so, if he possibly could, he would avoid seeing any one who was ill or unhappy; and he did not thank any one for telling him about them."
Author: Elizabeth Gaskell
8. "I've always had a complex about being taken seriously."
Author: Elizabeth Olsen
9. "Scepticism is never certain of itself, being less a firm intellectual position than a pose to justify bad behavior."
Author: Fulton J. Sheen
10. "You can win more friends with your ears than with your mouth. People who feel like they're being listened to feel accepted and appreciated. They feel like they're being taken seriously and what they say really matters."
Author: Harvey MacKay
11. "Funny how at twenty-five you worry about not being taken seriously and take being a sex object for granted. Later you take being taken seriously for granted, and worry about not being a sex object."
Author: Helen Fielding
12. "Generations of people staying close to home, there for each other, doing what they knew best, enjoying being a burden to each other."
Author: Hugh Howey
13. "Just then he noticed that Amy had that look, as though she wanted the street to buckle and split so she could fall right in. Dan saw the cool crowd from her school hanging at a table in the front. So that was why she didn't want to go in. Evan Tolliver was at the head of the table. Dan sighed. Even, the human supercomputer, was Amy's dream crush. Whenever Evan was near, she got her stutter back. "Oh, excuse me, I didn't notice Luke Skywalker," Dan said. "Or is it Darth Vader?" "Shhh," Amy said. Her cheeks were red. "He's coming." "You mean Evan Tolliver himself is about to set his foot on the sidewalk? Did you bring the rose petals?" "Cut it out, dweeb!" Amy said fiercely. "Hi, Amy," Evan said from behind her. Amy's color went from summer rose to summer tomato. She shot Dan a look that told him he was in serious trouble. "Hey, Evan," he said. "I'm Amy's little brother, Dweeb. Nice to meet you, man."
Author: Jude Watson
14. "I like to go dancing, have a few beers. I like being alone, too. I have days where it's 'God, get me a shot of tequila.'"
Author: Justine Bateman
15. "Oh, my God. Could you quit flaunting your tits around? I'm getting so sick of looking at yours, I can hardly stand to look at my own. And, by the way, if he hasn't taken the bait yet, he isn't going to."
Author: K.I. Lynn
16. "I'd never seen a man cry before, only on TV. I'd never even seen Dad close to crying. Those tears looked so odd on you. It was like the strength of you just seemed to sap away. The surprise of it stopped me from being so scared."
Author: Lucy Christopher
17. "That may be a factor because we are the older show; we have been on the air for a while. Is it our day? Is it time to hang it up? But it seems that the show still continues, and we still enjoy being here. And that's a very important element."
Author: Mark Paul Gosselaar
18. "Actually, I find it embarrassing being a pop star. I prefer it when people just treat me like anybody else, although occasionally there is a side of me, which is indulgent and I expect certain things because of my position. It's one of the perks."
Author: Michael Hutchence
19. "But how is it now? All we get is orders; and the laws go out of the state. Them legislators set up there at Austin and don't do nothing but makes laws against kerosene oil and schoolbooks being brought into the state. I reckon they was afraid some man would go home some evening after work and light up and get an education and go to work and make laws to repeal aforesaid laws."
Author: O. Henry
20. "We grew up as kids watching those movies and we were exposed to themes of civil rights, unfairness, bigotry and fathers struggling against the kind of mob of the town, so you remember how you felt as a kid being taken seriously, that you are part of the human drama."
Author: Rachel Griffiths
21. "Being taken seriously, for a young writer, is a wonderful form of encouragement, but at the same time, I don't think one should ever feel like attempting a kind of artistic endeavor is beyond your scope just because of age or inexperience."
Author: Tea Obreht
Quotes About Being Taken Serious Pictures