Famous Quotes About Being The One For Me
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Being The One For Me.
Top Quotes About Being The One For Me
1. "And now, indeed, everything began to look new, unexpected, full of surprises. I had a book in my hands to while away the time, and it occurred to me that in a way a landscape is not unlike a book--a compilation of pages that overlap without any two ever being the same. People open the book according to their taste and training, their memories and desires: for a geologist the compilation opens at one page, for a boatman at another, and still another for a ship's pilot, a painter and so on. On occasion these pages are ruled with lines that are invisible to some people, while being for others as real, as charged and as volatile as high-voltage cables."
Author: Amitav Ghosh
2. "Perhaps it would have been easier if I said that not being able to find something is like suddenly not remembering the words to your favorite song that you knew by heart. It's like suddenly forgetting the name of someone you know really well and see every day, or the name of a television show you watched for years. It's something so frustrating that it plays on your mind over and over again because you know there's an answer but no one can tell you it. It niggles and niggles at me and I can't rest until I know the answers."
Author: Cecelia Ahern
3. "I am filled with things and I battle feelingsI have never wanted to exist inside of meI lack too much confidence and I carry toomuch sadness and my body is full of starsthat never learned their name. I wear my insecurities like pockets and I fill themwith my fears and my hands are growing tiredfrom reaching down into them to hold thefeeling of being afraid. I am afraid. Alwaysafraid. Afraid like chimes when the wind lipsare sealed. Afraid like your eyes when the starsfall asleep in the black. Afraid like dreamswhen they realise they are just dreams and thatreality is that one scar that will neverfade away.I am, terrified. Terrified that the thingsinside me are the things that will keep mefrom ever finding a home inside someoneelse."
Author: Christopher Poindexter
4. "Speaking softly, I said with all honestly, "Evan, my heart's not completely healed yet, but I know I want you. And I think being with you can get me there faster, but I don't wanna put you in that position unless you're willing. ‘Cause in a way, it means I only have a shared heart to offer right now. But I think I'd be happy if it was yours wholeheartedly. So just tell me. Do you want out until I'm completely healed, or are you willing to take a mildly damaged heart?"He quietly debated for a moment, and my breath caught in my throat the moment he spoke. "I want to be the one to heal your heart, Princess.""Then will you kiss me?" I whispered."
Author: Devon Ashley
5. "Why would you family think about it?""Oh, my mother's the only one that counts, and she likes you very much from what she's seen of you.""So you had me inspected?""No-dash ti all, I seem to be saying all the wrong things today. I was absolutely stunned that first day in court, and I rushed off to my mater, who's an absolute dear, and the kind of person who really understands things, and I said, 'Look here! here's the absolutely one and only woman, and she's being put through a simply ghastly awful business and for God's sake come and hold my hand!' You simply don't know how foul it was."
Author: Dorothy L. Sayers
6. "He tried to kiss me. One of the few things that had impressed me in college was a Southern girl's account o how she avoided being kissed on the doorstep of her house once by wearing a flower in her hair and sticking it in her mouth when she said good night. Only I had no flower."
Author: Elaine Dundy
7. "No,' said Gould, with an unusual and convincing gravity; 'I do not believe that being perfectly good in all respects would make a man merry.' 'Well,' said Michael quietly, 'will you tell me one thing? Which of us has ever tried it?"
Author: G.K. Chesterton
8. "I went to bed last night utterly dejected; I thought I was never going to amount to anything, and that you had thrown away your money for nothing. But what do you think? I woke up this morning with a beautiful new plot in my head, and I've been going about all day planning my characters, just as happy as I could be. No one can ever accuse me of being a pessimist! If I had a husband and twelve children swallowed by an earthquake one day, I'd bob up smilingly the next morning and commence to look for another set. ~Jershua Abbott"
Author: Jean Webster
9. "It's been hard for me at times...the responsibility and expectation that comes with being a leader. I'm not always the one I wish I could be, that I should be, but nonetheless, it is my place. If I were to ever show a commitment to something other than my leadership, which could jeopardize the function I have, I would be risking too many lives. I couldn't live with that."
Author: Jessica Shirvington
10. "Knowledge of my atrocious selfishness, settled on me. All those bitter home truths she had flung at me, right from the beginning…and still loved me; was so blind that she still loved me. One day she had said: When you love me (and she had not meant "make love to me") it's as if God forgave me for being the mess I am; and I took it as chicanery, another emotional blackmail, to make me feel essential and so give me a sense of responsibility towards her."
Author: John Fowles
11. "Fiction helps me to reconnect with the true, deep weirdness inherent in everyday reality, in our dealings with one another, in just being alive."
Author: Karen Russell
12. "I know I can't make time slow down, can't hold our life as it is in a freeze frame or slow my children's inexorable journeys into adulthood and lives of their own. But I can celebrate those journeys by bearing witness to them, by paying attention, and, perhaps most of all, by carrying on with my own growth and becoming. Now it dawns on me that the only way I can figure out what I'm meant to be doing is to try to understand who I'm meant to be...I will not waste this life, not one hour, not one minute. I will not take for granted the blessing of our being here...I will give thanks..."
Author: Katrina Kenison
13. "My belief assumed a form that it commonly assumes among the educated people of our time. This belief was expressed by the word "progress." At the time it seemed to me that this word had meaning. Like any living individual, I was tormented by questions of how to live better. I still had not understood that in answering that one must live according to progress, I was talking just like a person being carried along in a boat by the waves and the wind; without really answering, such a person replies to the only important question-"Where are we to steer?"-by saying, "We are being carried somewhere."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
14. "And Siobhan says people go on holidays to see new things and relax, but it wouldn't make me relaxed and you can see new things by looking at earth under a microscope or drawing the shape of the solid made when 3 circular rods of equal thickness intersect at right angles. And I think that there are so many things just in one house that it would take years to think about all of them properly. And also, a thing is interesting because of thinking about it and not because of it being new."
Author: Mark Haddon
15. "But I enjoyed the feeling of wind in my hair, and I knew my father liked to see it blow straight out when we stood on the quay and watched the boats come in. And after all it was my only pride.The train waited behind us, puffing and hissing through its valves, and even though it was only an hour's journey to Skagen, I had never been there.'Can't we go to Skagen one day?' I asked. Being with Jesper and his friends had made me realize the world was far bigger than the town I lived in, and the fields around it, and I wanted to go travelling and see it.'There's nothing but sand at Skagen,' my father said, 'you don't want to go there my lass." And because it was Sunday and he seldom said my lass, he took a cigar from his waistcoat pocket with a pleased expression, lit it, and blew out smoke into the wind. The smoke flew back in our faces and scorched them, but I pretended not to notice and so did he."
Author: Per Petterson
16. "For me the poem and the poetry open mic isn't about competition and it never will be. Honestly? It's wrong. The open mic is about 1 poet, one fellow human being up on a stage or behind a podium sharing their work regardless of what form or style they bring to it. In other words? The guy with the low slam score is more than likely a far better poet-writer than the guy who actually won. But who are you? I ? Or really anyone else to judge them? The Poetry Slam has become an overgrown, over used monopoly on American literature and poetry and is now over utilized by the academic & public school establishments. And over the years has sadly become the "McDonalds Of Poetry". We can only hope that the same old stale atmosphere of it all eventually becomes or evolves into something new that translates to and from the written page and that gives new poets with different styles & authentic voices a chance to share their work too."
Author: R.M. Engelhardt
17. "Besides, I was myself the one who spoke to me. I sat and stood at the same time, hushed and spoke and formed two persons from my own alone. It was, wasn't it, as if with the greatest levity and astonishing velocity thinkable one stood up from where one sat to stand speaking to the person one was a moment before and now no longer was, and yet remained that person still, because one is seeing oneself in imagination, which enriches life, which I employ as often as I want or can or may, which throws me off balance and always restores it, which is the continuous emotion for the sake of which I always and never go too far, which as today for instance, multiplies me or at least doubles me now and then, which is strange and is pleasurable and keeps me active and therefore rejuvenated and foolish, so that one can experience being pleasured alive, so that it won't be all too self-evident, and not too lonesome, either."
Author: Robert Walser
18. "How do we exorcise one of the Jinn?" He shrugged. "You got Yellow Pages?""Seriously?"Jai snorted. "Yes, Ari. There are Aissawa Exorcists in the Yellow Pages."Huffing, Ari walked away from him. "You really need to work on intonation when you use sarcasm. That way people will know when you're being an asshole.""And you need to work on your gullibility.""Well, I was under the impression you have no sense of humour so forgive me for believing everything you say.""Well that should be fun.""See!" she threw over her shoulder. "No intonation."
Author: Samantha Young
19. "I'm a goddess of destruction. Tell me honestly that you find nothing exciting about the idea of a billion people screaming out for mercy when there's no one left who cares what befalls them. Of the entire earth being rained on by all manner of demons bent on ultimate torture and sacrifice. Them ripping and shredding human flesh as they claw in a drunken frenzy fueled by their hatred of everything. Drinking blood in an orgy of terror...ahhh, the beauty of annihilation. There's nothing like it.(Apollymi)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
20. "I feel all agitated, like one of those snow globes you see resting peacefully on shop counters. I was perfectly happy being an ordinary, dull little Swiss village. But now Jack Harper's come and shaken me up, and there are snowflakes all over the place, whirling around until I don't know what I think anymore. And bits of glitter, too. Tiny bits of shiny, secret excitement."
Author: Sophie Kinsella
21. "When I did a therapist education in USA 1984, one of the course leaders – who had given personal and spiritual guidance to thousands of seekers of truth from all over the world, and who I consider to be one of the best spiritual therapists in the world – said that I was going to get enlightened, that I would "disappear into the silence". I did not really understand what he meant then, and it was totally absurd for me when other course participants congratulated me afterwards. The thought that I was going to be enlightened was totally absurd for me. For me enlightenment was something that happened to special and chosen persons like Osho, Buddha, Jesus, Lao-Tzu and Krishnamurti. I did not feel either special or chosen. I did not feel worthy of being enlightened."
Author: Swami Dhyan Giten
22. "It ruffles me a bit, not being able to tell apart my best friend from my girlfriend from this distance. But then one of the figures dashes across the sandy trail and jumps into my arms and I'm reasonably sure it's Liv and not Perry."
Author: Veronica Rossi
23. "Your love has wrested me away from me,You're the one I need, you're the one I crave.Day and night I burn, gripped by agony,You're the one I need, you're the one I crave.I find no great joy in being alive,If I cease to exist, I would not grieve,The only solace I have is your love,You're the one I need, you're the one I crave.Lovers yearn for you, but your love slays them,At the bottom of the sea it lays them,It has God's images-it displays them;You're the one I need, you're the one I crave.Let me drink the wine of love sip by sip,Like Mecnun, live in the hills in hardship,Day and night, care for you holds me in its grip,You're the one I need, you're the one I crave.Even if, at the end, they make me dieAnd scatter my ashes up to the shy,My pit would break into this outcry:You're the one I need, you're the one I crave."Yunus Emre the mystic" is my name,Each passing day fans and rouses my flame,What I desire in both worlds in the same:You're the one I need, you're the one I crave."
Author: Yunus Emre
Quotes About Being The One For Me Pictures