Famous Quotes About Being Unbeaten
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Being Unbeaten.
Top Quotes About Being Unbeaten
1. "You're a freak for not being terrified of me."
Author: Andrea Cremer
2. "Toward the end of Carmel's life, the perception of super talls shifted dramatically, thanks largely to televised NBA games, By 1975, pretty much everyone had seen super tall people on TV, in the context of being celebrated in front of sold-out basketball arenas. This new frame of reference could not have been more positive. By 1995 Shaquille O'Neal was known as The Man of Steel, not the Traveling Human Giant. The idea of super tall people as freaks was replaced by the idea of super tall people as amazing athletes."
Author: Arianne Cohen
3. "On a wing and a prayer." (After being asked how the angels make love in Milton's Paradise Lost)."
Author: Benjamin R. Smith
4. "Over the weeks I am surprised to find that the more stories I record and the longer I carry them around, the lighter they become. I find out that the difference between knowing something and being able to talk about it is that there we many hands now, and we all share the burden"
Author: Brigid Pasulka
5. "It was well said—by Jean Tarrou in The Plague, I think—that attendance at lectures in an unknown language will help to hone one's awareness of the exceedingly slow passage of time. I once had the experience of being 'waterboarded' and can now dimly appreciate how much every second counts in the experience of the torture victim, forced to go on enduring what is unendurable."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
6. "My number one thing to work on is not being reactive - but appropriateness doesn't come easily to me sometimes."
Author: Courtney Love
7. "What advice I would give to anybody about anything. Life is a slow-motion avalanche, and none of us are steering." (When asked in an interview about what question he's tired of being asked.)"
Author: Donald E. Westlake
8. "To continue to condemn only brings condemnation, then, for self. This does not mean that self's activity should be passive, but rather being constant in prayer--knowing and taking, knowing and understanding that he that is faithful is not given a burden beyond that he is able to bear . . ."
Author: Edgar Cayce
9. "During the spring break I read a book called Everlasting. It was a really great book to read. It was about how a girl named Ivy and a boy named Triston were madly in loved but they couldn't be together. Triston had died but he came back to life as another person. But, the problem was that the person that he become was accused as a murderer. So he was being chased. But, even though he was being chased they figured things out and they were together forever. I chose to read this book because when I first started reading it i really liked it. I liked this book a lot because it talked about romance and how they didn't give up. They overcame the difficulties that came before them. What I didn't really like about this book is that many people came in between the love that Ivy and Triston had."
Author: Elizabeth Chandler
10. "Can you stand on your legs?" Sydelle Pulaski asked. "Can you walk at all?"People never asked Chris those questions; they whispered them to his parents behind his back. "N-n-no. Why?""What better disguise for a thief or a murderer than a wheelchair, the perfect alibi."Chris enjoyed being taken for the criminal type. Now they really were friends."
Author: Ellen Raskin
11. "To be fully free to create, we must first find the courage and willingness to let go:Let go of the strategies that have worked for us in the past...Let go of our biases, the foundation of our illusions...Let go of our grievances, the root source of our victimhood...Let go of our so-often-denied fear of being found unlovable."
Author: Gordon MacKenzie
12. "A game master or teacher who was primarily concerned with being close enough to the "innermost meaning" would be a very bad teacher. To be candid, I myself, for example, have never in my life said a word to my pupils about the "meaning" of music; if there is one it does not need my explanations. On the other hand I have always made a great point of having my pupils count their eighths and sixteenths nicely. Whatever you become, teacher, scholar, or musician, have respect for the "meaning" but do not imagine that it can be taught."
Author: Hermann Hesse
13. "Perhaps we have been dependent too long on language and thought, and need to reawaken our inherent sense of the subtle vibration of Energy-Consciousness. All you have to do is unblock the blocked parts and awaken the sleeping parts of your being to access it."
Author: Ilchi Lee
14. "It's nice to be able to work; I'd love to be able to do another TV show I could do in Chicago so I could live and work in the same place. It's hard being a parent and being in a good marriage, and it all takes a lot of work, but if you're not there you can't do any of it."
Author: Joan Cusack
15. "Here's what girlfriends do for you: they provide the reality check. They are the ones who tell you when you have spinach between your teeth or when your ass looks fat in a pair of jeans or when you're being a bitch. They tell you, and there's no drama or agenda, like there would be if the message had come from your husband. They tell you the truth because you need to hear it, but it doesn't alter the bond between you."
Author: Jodi Picoult
16. "We live in a marvelous time, my brothers and sisters. There are great blessings attached to being part of this final dispensation. But there are also great challenges and temptations. I pray that our Heavenly Father will give all of us the strength to reach our true potential. I invoke his Spirit on the homes of the Church, that there may be love and harmony found there. May our Father preserve and exalt our families, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen"
Author: Joseph Fielding Smith
17. "I suppose being his twin made me understand Robin that much more easily."
Author: Maurice Gibb
18. "The average attention span of the modern human being is about half as long as whatever you're trying to tell them."
Author: Meg Rosoff
19. "And is often the case with faith, I thought I was being asked a favor, when in fact I was being given one"."
Author: Mitch Albom
20. "I'm very classic and structural. I love clean lines and interesting, modern details. But I'm all about being streamlined - less is more."
Author: Nina Garcia
21. "And Rose knows that dictionaries will never be the same again. Dictionaries will be forever imbued, sanctified, significant, suggestive. They will not be just themselves, but this moment, these moments, being here, like this, in this place, her and him, in this now. She will always have this now, tethered to Collins and Chambers and the Shorter Oxford."
Author: Penelope Lively
22. "In that quietness they were speaking their own language, with their eyes, with the way they stood, with what they put into the air about them, each knowing what the other was saying, and having strength one from the other, for they had been learning through forty years of being together, and their minds were one."
Author: Richard Llewellyn
23. "What I liked in anthropology was its inexhaustible faculty of negation, its relentless definition of man, as though he were no better than God, in terms of what he is not. But my ideas on this subject were always horribly confused, for my knowledge of men was scant and the meaning of being beyond me."
Author: Samuel Beckett
24. "One doesn't become a witch to run around being harmful, or to run around being helpful either, a district visitor on a broomstick. It's to escape all that - to have a life of one's own, not an existence doled out to by others."
Author: Sylvia Townsend Warner
25. "The repressed memory is like a noisy intruder being thrown out of the concert hall. You can throw him out, but he will bang on the door and continue to disturb the concert. The analyst opens the door and says, If you promise to behave yourself, you can come back in."
Author: Theodor Reik
26. "No human being will ever know the Truth, for even if they happen to say it by chance, they would not even known they had done so."
Quotes About Being Unbeaten Pictures