Famous Quotes About Being Young And Crazy
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Being Young And Crazy.
Top Quotes About Being Young And Crazy
1. "How was it that no one had ever told her that it was not love itself, but its treacherous gatekeepers which made the greatest demands on your courage: the panic of acknowledging it; the terror of declaring it; the fear of being rebuffed? Why had no one told her that love's twin was not hate but cowardice?"
Author: Amitav Ghosh
2. "One of the best guides to how to be self-loving is to give ourselves the love we are often dreaming about receiving from others. There was a time when I felt lousy about my over-forty body, saw myself as too fat, too this, or too that. Yet I fantasized about finding a lover who would give me the gift of being loved as I am. It is silly, isn't it, that I would dream of someone else offering to me the acceptance and affirmation I was withholding from myself. This was a moment when the maxim "You can never love anybody if you are unable to love yourself" made clear sense. And I add, "Do not expect to receive the love from someone else you do not give yourself."
Author: Bell Hooks
3. "I can identify with other people and situations, but I tend not to. I would rather recall things from my own life, and I don't have to force myself. . . . Just being in certain environments triggers a response in my brain, a certain feeling I want to articulate. For some reason, I am attracted to self-destruction. I know that personal sacrifice has a great deal to do with how we live or don't live our lives."
Author: Bob Dylan
4. "Having waited my entire life to get an award for something, anything...I now get awards all the time for being mentally ill. It's better than being bad at being insane, right? How tragic would it be to be runner-up for Bipolar Woman of the Year?"
Author: Carrie Fisher
5. "Early evening traffic was beginning to clog the avenue with cars. The sun slanted down behind him. Harry glanced at the drivers of the cars. They seemed unhappy. The world was unhappy. People were in the dark. People were terrified and disappointed. People were caught in traps. People were defensive and frantic. They felt as if their lives were being wasted. And they were right."
Author: Charles Bukowski
6. "Nothing else wounds so deeply and irreparably. Nothing else robs us of hope so much as being unloved by one we love"
Author: Clive Barker
7. "We get a lot of calls where the person is murdered at home, but is not found for a period of time. And so the animals have already started to take the body apart because they haven't been fed in that period. So your evidence is being chewed up by the family pet.I tell you - Dogs are more loyal than cats. Cats will wait only a certain period of time and they'll start chewing on you. Dogs will wait a day or two before they just can't take the starving anymore. So, keep that in mind when choosing a pet. You know how a cat just stares at you, maybe at the top of the TV, from across the room? That's because they're watching to see if you're gonna stop breathing."
Author: Connie Fletcher
8. "TYRONE[Stares at him -- impressed.]Yes, there's the makings of a poet in you all right.[Then protesting uneasily]But that's morbid craziness about not being wanted and loving death.EDMUND[Sardonically]The makings of a poet. No, I'm afraid I'm like the guy who is always panhandling for a smoke. He hasn't even got the makings. He's got only the habit. I couldn't touch what I tried to tell you just now. I just stammered. That's the best I'll ever do, I mean, if I live. Well, it will be faithful realism, at least. Stammering is the native eloquence of us fog people."
Author: Eugene O'Neill
9. "I always think of space-time as being the real substance of space, and the galaxies and the stars just like the foam on the ocean."
Author: George Smoot
10. "I was always crazy about New York, dependent on it, scared of it - well, it is dangerous - but beyond that there was the pressure of being young and of not yet having done work you really liked, trademark work, breakthrough work."
Author: Harold Brodkey
11. "Don't." She looks directly into my eyes. After a month of being forced to avoid her, I feel stripped bare by her gaze. "You can be as much of a charming bastard as you want, but you're never going to bullshit your way into my heart again."
Author: Holly Black
12. "It took her three seconds-one, two, three-to know that her destiny required her to join this man, and his gun and his wagon, and his waiting horses. She had no conception of what was being asked of her, but she knew that there could be no viable alternative. She dashed inside the orphanage and grabbed the few things that belonged to her."
Author: James A. Michener
13. "I'll never have a best friend who is a man. It just doesn't work that way. So many times young girls will be like, 'I'm a guy's girl.' And I'm like, 'No, you're not. There's no way a man can understand you like a woman, and you're a guy's girl because you're threatened by other women.' I was like that."
Author: Jemima Kirke
14. "Look at me," he said, glancingdown at his legs. "A wretched old man in a red monkey suit. A convicted murderer aboutto be gassed like an animal. And look at you. A fine young man with a beautifuleducation and a bright future. Where in the world did I go wrong? What happened to me?I've spent mylife hating people, and look what I have to show for it. You, you don't hate anybody. Andlook where you're headed. We have the same blood. Why am I here?"
Author: John Grisham
15. "No man [...] can be so stupid to deny that all men naturally were born free, being the image and resemblance of God himself."
Author: John Milton
16. "Sure I should have been at the Fifa workshop for example, but I had personal reasons for not being there and looking back saying that it was a mistake for me not being there I would take the same decision because the personal situation has higher priority than a workshop."
Author: Jurgen Klinsmann
17. "Behind me, I heard a young woman of 25 say, "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." Now, I'm gonna repeat that, because it bears repeating. "If it weren't for my horse..." as in, giddyup, giddyup, let's go — "I wouldn't have spent that year in college," which is a degree-granting institution. Don't think about that too long, or BLOOD will shoot out your NOSE!"
Author: Lewis Black
18. "When two kids are being completely berserk, and they're naked and throwing food around, sometimes I just let it go because I can see a future where they're going to be dressed, and they're going to be at school. So I kind of let stuff go sometimes."
Author: Louis C. K.
19. "Seizing an imaginary microphone, Dennis adopts a limp Estuary accent: 'Masturbating's changed a lot since I were a lad, Brian. In my day, we masturbated for the sheer love of it. Day and night we did it, all the kids on our estate, masturbating on the old waste ground, masturbating up against the wall of the house... I remember me mam coming out and shouting, "Stop that masturbating and come in for your tea! You'll never amount to anything if all you think about is masturbating!" Masturbating crazy we were. Your young masturbators today, though, it's all about the money, it's all about agents and endorsements. Sometimes I worry that the masturbating's in danger of being squeezed out altogether."
Author: Paul Murray
20. "You can be strong and true to yourself without being rude or loud."
Author: Paula Radcliffe
21. "I was woefully ignorant in the social graces. I was being raised, after all, by Pellinore Warthrop."
Author: Rick Yancey
22. "Five minutes in an old book quickly reveals that most of what is being sold today as new insights into human behavior is merely the rediscovery of knowledge we have had for centuries."
Author: Roy H. Williams
23. "The words that make the rose bloom were also said to me.The words told to the cypress to make it grow strong and straight.The instructions whispered to the jasmine.And whatever was said to the sugarcane to make it sweet.And to the pomegranate flowers to make them blush. The same thing is being said to me."
24. "Truly, all that was missing was Mission Impossible theme music, and if I was being honest, it was playing in my head anyway."
Author: Shelly Crane
25. "Being busy is better than being bored. Bored left a long time ago. Busy is always around for me."
Author: Tabitha Robin
26. "I'm tired of pretending, tired of acting like everything's okay, tired of not being with him…"
Author: Terra Elan McVoy
27. "The room fell silent. I frankly didn't know what I was going to do to help Eduardo, but I had the sense that he was right- no one else could help him, and without help, all that he'd done would crumble.Plus, I like being called his only hope. I felt like Obi-Wan Kenobi."
Author: Tod Goldberg
28. "Love for you dances within & around my core of being as regular as the beat of my heart. As certain as the draw and release of each breath."
Author: Truth Devour
29. "It's one thing to develop a nostalgia for home while you're boozing with Yankee writers in Martha's Vineyard or being chased by the bulls in Pamplona. It's something else to go home and visit with the folks in Reed's drugstore on the square and actually listen to them. The reason you can't go home again is not because the down-home folks are mad at you--they're not, don't flatter yourself, they couldn't care less--but because once you're in orbit and you return to Reed's drugstore on the square, you can stand no more than fifteen minutes of the conversation before you head for the woods, head for the liquor store, or head back to Martha's Vineyard, where at least you can put a tolerable and saving distance between you and home. Home may be where the heart is but it's no place to spend Wednesday afternoon."
Author: Walker Percy
Quotes About Being Young And Crazy Pictures