Famous Quotes About Believing In Gods Plan
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Believing In Gods Plan.
Top Quotes About Believing In Gods Plan
1. "Of all the gods only death does not desire gifts."
2. "If these town gods can't detect the thieves who steal from their own temples, it's hardly likely they'll tell me who stole my spade."
3. "She brought a chair into the room and placed it alongside the top of his bed. Then she held his hand as he drifted off to sleep. It was so small in her own hand, and it felt warm and dry. She pressed his hand gently, and his fingers returned the pressure, but only just, as he was almost asleep by then. She remembered, but not very well, what it was to fall asleep holding the hand of another; how precious such an experience, how fortunate those to whom it was vouchsafed by the gods of Friendship, or of Love. She thought she had forgotten that, but now she remembered."
Author: Alexander McCall Smith
4. "Lest we forget, the birth of modern physics and cosmology was achieved by Galileo, Kepler and Newton breaking free not from the close confining prison of faith (all three were believing Christians, of one sort or another) but from the enormous burden of the millennial authority of Aristotelian science. The scientific revolution of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries was not a revival of Hellenistic science but its final defeat."
Author: David Bentley Hart
5. "If I ever went, I'd want to go peacefully in my sleep. I wouldn't want to plan my own death."
Author: Dustin Diamond
6. "Before the gods that made the gods had seen their sunrise pass, the white horse of the white horse vale was cut out of the grass"
Author: G.K. Chesterton
7. "As a breath on glass, -As witch-fires that burn,The gods and monsters pass,Are dust, and return.("The Face of the Skies")"
Author: George Sterling
8. "But if I start believing that, then I have to believe in your God. I'd have to love your God. I'd rather love the men you slept with."
Author: Graham Greene
9. "The mills of the gods grind slowly....but they grind to dust."
Author: Greg Iles
10. "Beethoven, he learned, was a proud man who believed absolutely in his own abilities and never bothered to flatter the nobility. Believing that art itself, and the proper expression of emotions, was the most SUBLIME thing in the world, he thought political power and wealth only served one purpose: to make art possible."
Author: Haruki Murakami
11. "If somebody's getting depressed in life, I would say, "Look at me'. I've got here believing in me. Sometimes, things do not go as you expected and you could feel as if you were ruining everything. But Everything can be only the path to get to the success of your dream. You can not fail until you give up. As long as you keep going, you are on the path for your success."
Author: Hiroko Sakai
12. "Creating gods who can see everything, and who hate cheaters and oath breakers, turns out to be a good way to reduce cheating and oath breaking."
Author: Jonathan Haidt
13. "To design is to plan and to organize, to order, to relate and to control. In short it embraces all means of opposing disorder and accident. Therefore it signifies a human need and qualifies man's thinking and doing."
Author: Josef Albers
14. "Heaven and hell are within us, and all the gods are within us. This is the great realization of the Upanishads of India in the ninth Century B.C. All the gods, all the heavens, all the world, are within us. They are magnified dreams, and dreams are manifestations in image form of the energies of the body in conflict with each other. That is what myth is. Myth is a manifestation in symbolic images, in metaphorical images, of the energies of the organs of the body in conflict with each other. This organ wants this, that organ wants that. The brain is one of the organs."
Author: Joseph Campbell
15. "When you plan something, it never works."
Author: Juan Pablo Montoya
16. "I may be weak but i'm never defeated and i'll keep believing in clouds with that sweet silver lining."
Author: Kate Voegele
17. "For [Stephen] Harper, a national daycare plan bordered on being a socialist scheme, a phrase he had once used to describe the Kyoto Protocol on climate change. For [Paul] Martin, whose plan would have transferred to the provinces $5 billion over five years, the national program was what Canadianism was all about. "Think about it this way," [Martin] said. "What if, decades ago, Tommy Douglas and my father and Lester Pearson had considered the idea of medicare and then said, 'Forget it! Let's just give people twenty-five dollars a week.' You want a fundamental difference between Mr. Harper and myself? Well, this is it."
Author: Lawrence Martin
18. "Count Olaf was so obsessed with getting his filthy hands on the money that he hatched a devious plan that gives me nightmares to this day."
Author: Lemony Snicket
19. "Many young women are less whole and androgynous than they were at age ten. They are more appearance-conscious and sex-conscious. They are quieter, more fearful of holding strong opinions, more careful what they say and less honest. They are more likely to second-guess themselves and to be self-critical. They are bigger worriers and more effective people pleasers. They are less likely to play sports, love math and science and plan on being president. They hide their intelligence. Many must fight for years to regain all the territory they lost."
Author: Mary Pipher
20. "You have spent your whole life believing such untrue things. Don't you know how alone you are, David? We are most alone when we are with the myths."
Author: Nadeem Aslam
21. "It is a good plan to have a book with you in all places and at all times. If you are presently without, hurry without delay to the nearest shop and buy one of mine."
Author: Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
22. "If believing absurd falsehoods increase the odds of getting laid or avoiding predators, your brain will believe those falsehoods with all its metaphorical little heart."
Author: Peter Watts
23. "Eastwood was distorted for me, a picturesque place meant to lull its residents into believing that behind our gates and beyond our curfew, nothing bad could ever happen with any sort of permanence. It was a place so fatally flawed that it refused to acknowledge that any such imperfection was possible."
Author: Robyn Schneider
24. "Take a second look, you might find that I am stronger. Take a second look, you might find that you are stronger. Imagination, inspiration. It's only fair that I tell you, I plan on leaving here tonight with my pride. I'm proud to be I'm proud to be me."
Author: Sara Quin
25. "Changes in Meaning:Finally, chronically traumatized people lose faith that good things can happen and people can be kind and trustworthy. They feel hopeless, often believing that the future will be as bad as the past, or that they will not live long enough to experience a good future. People who have a dissociative disorder may have different meanings in various dissociative parts. Some parts may be relatively balanced in their worldview, others may be despairing, believing the world to be a completely negative, dangerous place, while other parts might maintain an unrealistic optimistic outlook on life"
Author: Suzette Boon
26. "The girl had a special way of saying "anything". The gods had blessed her voice with a special monopoly. It delivered an acoustic chocolate that was laced with all flavours of euphoria. The substance led to surges in testosterone in all types of men, including the average botanist. "Anything." The way she handled the word endowed it with so many possibilities. Professor Khupe decided to investigate how many of these Ketiwe would let him explore. To his delight the parameters of the word had proven to be quite elastic."
Author: Taona Dumisani Chiveneko
27. "But…but you can't treat religion as a sort of buffet, can you? I mean, you can't say yes please, I'll have some of the Celestial Paradise and a helping of the Divine Plan but go easy on the kneeling and none of the Prohibition of Images, they give me wind. Its table d´hôte or nothing, otherwise…well, it would be silly."
Author: Terry Pratchett
28. "I get a lot that people have a hard time believing that I'm a nerd... but I grew up with a Nintendo controller in my hand."
Author: Zachary Levi
Quotes About Believing In Gods Plan Pictures