Famous Quotes About Best Friends Being Sisters
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Best Friends Being Sisters.
Top Quotes About Best Friends Being Sisters
1. "I think that the young people today feel a tremendous sense of responsibility to their brothers and sisters because of the sacrifices that most families make to send their children to college."
Author: A. Bartlett Giamatti
2. "Man's sin is in his failure to live what he is. Being the master of the earth, man forgets that he is the servant of God."
Author: Abraham Joshua Heschel
3. "If I had married someone wealthy when I was young, I would have sunk like a stone. Being skint makes life quite clear. You've got to take that job."
Author: Anna Chancellor
4. "Dorothy asked timidly: "Did his wife say anything?"She sent her love to you."Nora said: "Stop being nasty."
Author: Dashiell Hammett
5. "The group mind was such (private jokes and bemusement, everyone clustered round vacation videos on the iPhone) that it was hard to imagine any of them going to a movie by themselves or eating alone at a bar; sometimes, the affable sense of committee among the men particularly gave me the slight feeling of being interviewed for a job."
Author: Donna Tartt
6. "It's sad how people change from the best to the beast."
Author: Geneva Caballero Uy
7. "True best friends never fail on understanding, forgiving, and being there for one another no matter what situation that they might be in or having with one another because of the fact of that no matter if it's two males or females love should always be there as if brothers or sisters if their what we call best friends."
Author: Jonathan Anthony Burkett
8. "Pretty, mysterious girl with braids … The depiction thrilled her. To be seen, to be described—it was as if the plain girl she always saw in the mirror might be magically transformed by the simple act of being observed by others. Pretty? Mysterious? What else might Clara be?"
Author: Kathleen O'Dell
9. "She clear her throat again and I'm wondering why she telling me all this. I'm the maid, she ain't gone win no friends talking to me."
Author: Kathryn Stockett
10. "You know what truth is?" said Karabekian. "It's some crazy thing my neighbor believes. If I want to make friends with him, I ask him what he believes. He tells me, and I say, ‘Yeah, yeah—ain't it the truth?"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
11. "But I don't care what Megan Fox or Jessica Biel say: There are definite advantages to being the hottest girl on the planet. Number one was that I got paid for it. A lot."
Author: Meg Cabot
12. "Why couldn't the merciful God turn down the sunlight so it wasn't blasting like a red furnace against his aching eyes? Because he'd worshipped the god of beer, thats why. He'd broken a commandment and worshipped the false and foamy god of beer. And now he was being punished."
Author: Nora Roberts
13. "Tell you what: you can be Glammera the vampire hunter. I'll stick with being manly and heavily armed."
Author: Rachel Caine
14. "All my life, it's been the same with men. Being a woman who is famous and adored by men is very hard for any boyfriend to handle. All my boyfriends end up insecure."
Author: Samantha Fox
15. "The thought is of the chain of corpses stretching across the Atlantic Ocean to connect Lagos with New Orleans. New Orleans was the largest market for human chattel in the New World. There were twenty-five different slave markets in the city in 1850. This is a secret only because no one wants to know about it. It was at those markets that buyers came to bid on the black men and women who had survived the crossing, but that is a history that is now literally submerged. Actually, it was submerged long before the recent flood, the city's slaving past drowned in drink and jazz and Mardi Gras. High times: the best cure for history."
Author: Teju Cole
16. "I felt like an integral part of my being had just been ripped out of me, only to have it replaced with something that did not belong."
Author: Theresa Smith
Quotes About Best Friends Being Sisters Pictures