Famous Quotes About Bible Naive
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Bible Naive.
Top Quotes About Bible Naive
1. "The Bible is right: A deluge of images does encourage idolatry. Look at the cults of personality in America today. Look at Hollywood. Look at Washington. I'd like to see the next presidential race be run according to Second Commandment principles. No commercials. A radio-only debate. We need an ugly president. I know we're missing out on some potential Abe Lincolns because they'd look gawky and gangly on TV."
Author: A.J. Jacobs
2. "A man may learn from his Bible to be a more thorough gentleman than if he had been brought up in all the drawing-rooms in London."
Author: Charles Kingsley
3. "I think in a way I was probably completely naive about what it takes to make something become a hit."
Author: Duncan Sheik
4. "He who teaches the Bible is never a scholar; he is always a student."
Author: Elizabeth George
5. "This book is a guide to living life the right way, like the Bible is for crazies and weak people (JK, bro), this book should be to you."
Author: Eugene Mirman
6. "Just as the Torah and Bible teach concern for those in distress, the Koran instructs all Muslims to make caring for widows, orphans, and refugees a priority."
Author: Greg Mortenson
7. "In the Bible it says they asked Jesus how many times you should forgive, and he said 70 times 7. Well, I want you all to know that I'm keeping a chart."
Author: Hillary Clinton
8. "I craved a form of naive realism. I paid special attention, I craned my readerly neck whenever a London street I knew was mentioned, or a style of frock, a real public person, even a make of car. Then, I thought, I had a measure, I could guage the quality of the writing by its accuracy, by the extent to which it aligned with my own impressions, or improved upon them. I was fortunate that most English writing of the time was in the form of undemanding social documentary. I wasn't impressed by those writers (they were spread between South and North America) who infiltrated their own pages as part of the cast, determined to remind poor reader that all the characters and even they themselves were pure inventions and the there was a difference between fiction and life. Or, to the contrary, to insist that life was a fiction anyway. Only writers, I thought, were ever in danger of confusing the two."
Author: Ian McEwan
9. "When i'm reading the bible its feels like im the one who write it."
10. "To believers, the bible is a holy book, to unbelievers, it is a story book."
Author: Michael Bassey Johnson
11. "The Bible is a book of Science. Secular Humanism is a religion of mythology."
Author: Michael J. Findley
12. "I was warned when entering seminary that if I was not careful, a dangerous habit could form: I could learn to read the Bible and do nothing in response. I still remember our seminary president warning us that to study to the neglect of action becomes easier and easier with each occurrence. We should be terrified if we have mastered the art of becoming convicted and doing nothing in response."
Author: Mike Yankoski
13. "Every nut who kills people has a Bible lying around. If you're looking for violent rape imagery, the Bible's right there in your hotel room. If you just want to look up ways to screw people up, there it is, and you're justified because God told you to."
Author: Penn Jillette
14. "The Bible is the Word of God: supernatural in origin, eternal in duration, inexpressible in valor, infinite in scope, regenerative in power, infallible in authority, universal in interest, personal in application, inspired in totality. Read it through, write it down, pray it in, work it out, and then pass it on. Truly it is the Word of God. It brings into man the personality of God; it changes the man until he becomes the epistle of God. It transforms his mind, changes his character, takes him on from grace to grace, and gives him an inheritance in the Spirit. God comes in, dwells in, walks in, talks through, and sups with him."
Author: Smith Wigglesworth
15. "Objective journalism and an opinion column are about as similar as the Bible and Playboy magazine."
Author: Walter Cronkite
16. "However, the Bible is called the Word of God because the whole transcript is an inspired, faithful, and infallible record of what God determined essential for us to know about Himself, the cosmos in which we live, our spiritual allies and adversaries, and our fellow man."
Author: Walter Martin
17. "Their mistake was the mistake of Galileo. He was right that the earth revolves around the sun, but he didn't know that the entire solar system revolves around yet another center; he didn't know that the real orbit of the earth, as opposed to the relative orbit, is by no means some naive circle..."
Author: Yevgeny Zamyatin
Quotes About Bible Naive Pictures