Famous Quotes About Bible Self Centeredness
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Bible Self Centeredness.
Top Quotes About Bible Self Centeredness
1. "The greatest encouragement throughout the Bible is God's love for His lost race and the willingness of Christ, the eternal Son, to show forth that love in God's plan of redemption. The love of Jesus is so inclusive that it knows no boundaries. At the point where we stop caring and loving, Jesus is still there loving and caring"
Author: A.W. Tozer
2. "Advance in consecration is conformity to the likeness of Jesus, which affects our dispositions and our habits. The reason I mention disposition and habit is that it is possible to speak of walking in the Spirit while there is still evidence of self. True humility will manifest itself in daily life. The one who has it will take the form of a servant. It is possible to speak of fellowship with a despised and rejected Jesus and of bearing His cross, while the meek and lowly Lamb of God is not seen and rarely sought. The Lamb of God means two things: meekness and death. Let us seek to receive Him in both forms. What a hopeless task if we had to do the work ourselves! Nature never can overcome nature, not even with the help of grace. Self can never cast out self, even in the regenerate man. Praise God! The work has been done, finished, and perfected forever. The death of Jesus, once and for all, is our death to self."
Author: Andrew Murray
3. "...perhaps great sins start as simple weakness, and the consistent placing of self before others."
Author: Anne Perry
4. "For me the greatest revenge of all is having a happy adulthood, waking up in my gorgeous turquoise bedroom in the morning beside a person who really inspires me. That's the best revenge a girl-loving girl from the Bible belt could possibly have. And, importantly, it's healthy."
Author: Beth Ditto
5. "After years of self deprecating behavior, I've never learned how to properly take a compliment. A part of me wants to argue with him, to tell him there's nothing special about me."
Author: Brynna Gabrielson
6. "Marxism teaches that exploitation and degradation somehow produce resistance and revolution. It's been hard to say why. What I've learned from women's experience with sexuality is that exploitation and degradation produce grateful complicity in exchange for survival. They produce self-loathing to the point of extinction of self, and it is respect for self that makes resistance conceivable."
Author: Catharine A. MacKinnon
7. "I do not want to say anything which is too severe because it is not strictly true—let your own consciences speak, but still, I make bold to enquire,—Do not many of you read the Bible m a very hurried way—just a little bit, and off you go? Do you not soon forget what you have read, and lose what little effect it seemed to have? How few of you are resolved to get at its soul, its juice, its life, its essence, and to drink in its meaning. Well, if you do not do that, I tell you again your reading is miserable reading, dead reading, unprofitable reading; it is not reading at all, the name would be misapplied."
Author: Charles H. Spurgeon
8. "Loving and being loved affirmed one's sense of self and conquered feelings of loneliness and alienation. It kept one sane."
Author: Daniel Klein
9. "For one of the first pressures that bear down on American girls is the pressure not only to be liked but to be like everyone else. This initial feat of self-transformation often involves loosening one's grip on that quiet sense of inner self and hitching one's wagon to a single standard of beauty. The stress of leaping through that hoop insinuates itself into the young heart and soul with a vengeance, and insecurities go from being hard little buds of confusion to overripe, snarled and tyrannical fruits that hang on the vine as we age."
Author: Debra Ollivier
10. "He called to her primal side; the ancient aspect of her animal self that wanted to submit. It wanted to submit to him; to sacrifice all of who she was at the altar of his maleness and lay herself bare for his taking."
Author: Dianna Hardy
11. "She was a romantic, warm hearted, sentimental fool in a very cold world, the type of world that sometimes seemed to have no refuge for dreamers and those that believe in true love. At times she would feel loves warm rays dance briskly across her face and the seeds of self worth in her heart would just for an instant anticipate the beginning of spring and the end of her winter. The spring that would break the talons clutch of fear and vulnerability which gripped her so tightly. What she feared most of all was that the source of her love would turn to ice if not rekindled by the warmth of another's breath. That this ice would envelop her soul and the weight of the hurt she carried inside would shatter her frozen spirit into million pieces.Maybe spring was just a dream but sometimes, even a dream is just enough to get you through the cold."
Author: Ged Thompson Liverpool Poet
12. "How little does the earth self know life and its extent! How little, indeed, ought it to know for its own tranquility!"
Author: H.P. Lovecraft
13. "Doesn't the fight for survival also justify swindle and theft? In self defence, anything goes."
Author: Imelda Marcos
14. "One day, when I thought I was alone, I prayed in church. While making this offering before the cross, a parishioner came up to me, put her arm around my shoulder and prayed, ‘Dear God, please heal Father Jim. And give me his cancer.' I was incredulous. I looked at her, and then back to the Lord and quietly prayed, ‘If she insists, Lord, hear our prayer!' Later I was able to pray, ‘Lord, rather than give my cancer to her, give her heart of love to me – the love that prompted her to deny her very self and pray in such a loving way."
Author: Jim Willig
15. "Keith Haring wrote " You see that's why I work like a dog and I worked like a dog all my life. I am not interested in the academic status of what I am doing because my problem is my own transformation. Thats the reason also why, when people say. " Well you thought this a few years ago and now you say something else," my answer is[laughter]" well, do you think that I have worked like that all those years and not be changed?" This transformation of ones self by ones own knowledge is,I think something rather close to the aesthetic experience. Why should a painter work if he is not transformed by his own painting."
Author: Keith Haring
16. "Time is self absorbed, takes what it wants and doesn't return the favor. It is greedy, its pockets full of the lives of those left behind. It is a magician and a thief."
Author: Leigh Hershkovich
17. "None of our hearts are pure, we always have mixed motives.Are self deceivers, but the worst of allDeceits is to murmur 'Lord, I am not worthy'And, lying easy, turn your face to the wall."
Author: Louis MacNeice
18. "Desire consumes you, it takes you over. You forget yourself completely. All you can think about is the other, the one you desire, your self is just a fire."
Author: Marilyn French
19. "The Bible is the book of my life. It's the book I live with, the book I live by, the book I want to die by."
Author: N. T. Wright
20. "...the Bible is probably the most genocidal book in the literary canon."
Author: Noam Chomsky
21. "How wonderful to know that when Jesus Christ speaks to you and to me, he enables you to understand yourself, to die to that self because of the cross, and brings the real you to birth."
Author: Ravi Zacharias
22. "Each memory was brought to life before me and within me. I could not avoid them. Neither could I rationalize, explain away. I could only re-experience with total cognizance, unprotected by pretense. Self delusion was impossible, truth exposed in this blinding light. Nothing as I thought it had been. Nothing as I hoped it had been. Only as it had been."
Author: Richard Matheson
23. "If there is one ruler that can harmonize and unify the mob of characters [in our astral body], it is the Ego (the Higher Ego, or Self, or Spirit). The more the Ego shines like a sun at the center of gravity of the astral body, the more the different characters start orbiting around it. Instead of working only to satisfy their own selfish desires, the characters start manifesting the purposes of the light and of the Spirit. Instead of plotting for the success of their own ambitions, they start accomplishing the works of the Higher Self... The unveiling of the Self begins a process of unification--a new astral body slowly develops. In this new, or transformed, astral body, the different parts are penetrated by the light of the Self. Therefore they are not only united around the Self, but are also cemented to it... [Before this process], one is nothing more than an appearance: it is the illusion of being one person..."
Author: Samuel Sagan
24. "The irony of Christianity is that believers get so angry, and self righteous toward other Christians who sin differently than they do. Christianity is like one large fraternity where brother and sisterhood is tested by hazing."
Author: Shannon L. Alder
25. "Every human has four endowments - self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change."
Author: Stephen Covey
26. "Freeing yourself was one thing; claiming ownership of that freed self was another."
Author: Toni Morrison
27. "I addressed my self as one would speak to a companion with whom one is voyaging to the North Pole."
Author: Virginia Woolf
28. "Mastery of self is the endless battle in which we must pursue our consciousness straight forward, and head over heels transmute all our focus on what it is ailing our immediate reality. Question yourself without pride and ego, step out of your shoes and look from the outside it. What do you see? What do you hear? This is the reflection our your energy, your absolute control source. Does it benefit you?"
Author: Will Barnes
Quotes About Bible Self Centeredness Pictures