Famous Quotes About Big Dreams
Browse 60 famous quotes and sayings about Big Dreams.
Top Quotes About Big Dreams
1. "I never had any big dreams about doing something on a huge scale."
Author: Alison Krauss
2. "Dream big and never give up on those dreams. Who knows where they'll take you?"
Author: Amy McGuire
3. "Big dreams, are so damn tiring."
Author: Andre Agassi
4. "That is what I want to tell you about: the girls with their short skirts and bright eyes and big-city dreams.The girls of 1929."
Author: Anna Godbersen
5. "It's better to dare to dream big and achieve half of your dreams than to dream small dreams and achieve all"
Author: Bernard Kelvin Clive
6. "All my girlhood I always planned to do something big…something constructive. It's queer what ambitious dreams a girl has when she is young. I thought I would sing before big audiences or paint lovely pictures or write a splendid book. I always had that feeling in me of wanting to do something worth while. And just think, Laura…now I am eighty and I have not painted nor written nor sung." "But you've done lots of things, Grandma. You've baked bread…and pieced quilts…and taken care of your children." Old Abbie Deal patted the young girl's hand. "Well…well…out of the mouths of babes. That's just it, Laura, I've only baked bread and pieced quilts and taken care of children. But some women have to, don't they?...But I've dreamed dreams, Laura. All the time I was cooking and patching and washing, I dreamed dreams. And I think I dreamed them into the children…and the children are carrying them out...doing all the things I wanted to and couldn't."
Author: Bess Streeter Aldrich
7. "Big dreams create the magic that stir men's souls to greatness."
Author: Bill McCartney
8. "It is not needful for our dreams to be very grand nor very big. It is only needful for our dreams to be very shiny."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
9. "I'm sure you've heard people talk about their Heart's Desire—well that's a load of rot. Hearts are idiots. They're big and squishy and full of daft dreams. They flounce off to write poetry and moon at folk who aren't worth the mooning. Bones are the ones that have to make the journey, fight the monster, kneel before whomever is big on kneeling these days. Bones do the work for the heart's grand plans. Bones know what you need. Hearts only know want."
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
10. "Barack Obama knows that to create an economy built to last, we need to focus on middle-class families. Families who stay up on Sunday nights pacing the floor, like my dad did, while their children, tucked in bed, dream big dreams. Families who aren't sure what Monday morning will bring, but who believe our nation's best days are still ahead."
Author: Charles Schumer
11. "There's a vastness here and I believe that the people who are born here breathe that vastness into their soul. They dream big dreams and think big thoughts, because there is nothing to hem them in."
Author: Conrad Hilton
12. "Down here in the deep, dark South we know and live with the real world. Candy-Land idealism is quietlly suffocated in the relentless humidity. This is the world where fist meets face. This is where the calluses on a man's hand are bigger than his conscience, and dreams get drowned in sweat and tears."
Author: Damien Echols
13. "A big desire is not enough to meet the expectations of lost dreams."
Author: Dejan Stojanovic
14. "I think the fact that I am living my dream and being really productive and embarking on all my lifelong aspirations is proof enough that if I can do it, anyone can. I try to tell everybody to dream big and go after their dreams."
Author: Elliott Yamin
15. "Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts."
Author: H. Jackson Brown Jr.
16. "Never abbreviate your dreams. Only short-hand people always do that. Their punishment is that they can't stretch far, further and forward into the future. Dream only big dreams!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
17. "Big dreams are marathons. Passionate actions are marathons of marathons! Waiters don't deserve it; Quitters don't get it!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
18. "There are no big men and big women. There are small people with big dreams and extra larger passion!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
19. "I'm an old man, now. I've been alone since my 17th birthday. I'd wanted to marry, have a bunch of kids, and maybe be a grandpa. The big family around the Thanksgiving table, laughing and pouring wine and cracking jokes and harmlessly teasing the missus—I wanted that. I wanted to do something good with my life—something right. I didn't want what happened to Danny, my best childhood friend, to be the only mark I'd ever make in this world. But I thought it best not to fancy such hopes and dreams: a family, love. I'd been cursed by my best friend, and I thought it right not to inflict that curse on anyone who'd be foolish enough to love me."
Author: J. Tonzelli
20. "The marriage of reason and nightmare that dominated the 20th century has given birth to an ever more ambiguous world. Across the communications landscape move the spectres of sinister technologies and the dreams that money can buy. Thermo-nuclear weapons systems and soft-drink commercials coexist in an overlit realm ruled by advertising and pseudo-events, science and pornography. Over our lives preside the great twin leitmotifs of the 20th century – sex and paranoia…In a sense, pornography is the most political form of fiction, dealing with how we use and exploit each other, in the most urgent and ruthless way."
Author: J.G. Ballard
21. "Big dreams and perseverance are a powerful duo."
Author: J.P. Stonestreet
22. "When i was lying in the V.A. hospital with a big hole blown through the middle of my life, i started having these dreams of flying. I was free. But sooner or later, you always have to wake up."
Author: James Cameron
23. "You are only as big as the dreams you dare to live."
Author: Jessica Watson
24. "Small thinking and big dreams is an oxymoron"
Author: John Paul Warren
25. "He dreamed big but understood that dreams become reality only when their champions are strong enough and wily enough to bend history to their purposes."
Author: Jon Meacham
26. "Never be limited by others' inability to think of you in terms big enough or dreams grand enough. Never allow yourself to define what is possible for you in your life by others' limited vision of what they believe is possible for them in theirs."
Author: Judy M. Ford
27. "One day," she said, "I'll catch dreams like butterflies.""And then what?" he asked."Then I'll put them between the pages of big, fat books and press them until they're words.""Suppose there's someone who never dreams of anything but you?""Maybe then we're both words in a book. Two names among all the others."
Author: Kai Meyer
28. "Even the solitude, I've actually grown to quite like... I do like the feeling of getting into my little car, knowing for the next couple of hours I'll have only the roads, the big gray sky and my daydreams for company."
Author: Kazuo Ishiguro
29. "I want you to have big dreams, big goals. I want you to strive to achieve them. But I don't want to see you beating yourself up every time you make a mistake."
Author: Kelley Armstrong
30. "I'm a big fan of dreams. Unfortunately, dreams are our first casualty in life - people seem to give them up, quicker than anything, for a 'reality.'"
Author: Kevin Costner
31. "Be Your Own Biggest Cheerleader The world can sometimes be a harsh and cruel place. Everyone has their own opinions on different things and some of them will have no problem voicing what they think about your dreams. I really wish everyone can have their own group of supporters who will encourage them and cheer them on, but that's hardly the case. For many, the reality is they just have to be their own biggest cheerleader. Your opinion is what really counts. You can have tons of people tell you that you can achieve your dreams but if you personally don't believe it, you're not going to put in the effort to make your dreams happen. If you have tons of people hating on you and discouraging you, does it make things harder? Of course it does! But if you allow other people's opinion of you to negatively affect the belief you have in yourself, then you're just letting them win without even putting up a fight."
Author: Kevin Ngo
32. "Maybe there's a heaven, like they say, a place where everything we've ever done is noted and recorded, weighed on big karma scales. Maybe not. Maybe this whole thing is just a giant experiment run by aliens who find out human hijinks amusing. Or maybe we're an abandoned project started by a deity who checked out a long time ago, but we're still hard-wired to believe, to try to make meaning out of the seemingly random. Maybe we're all part of the same unconscious stew, dreaming the same dreams, hoping the same hopes, needing the same connection, trying to find it, missing, trying again—each of us playing our parts in the other's plotlines, just one big ball of human yarn tangled up together. Maybe this is it."
Author: Libba Bray
33. "Waiting to be discovered, hoping to be seen, wishing someone else would do the work, wanting to make it big while dreaming of being rich and famous just like your heroes is submissive, passive, foolish, weak, and ineffective. Take your desire for your dreams, your goals, and your ambition, then make them fuel for the fire to light your ass up, to get to work and on the path to make it happen.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??? ????? ???? ???? ???? ??? ?????? ????? ???? ???? ???? ??? ????? ??? ???? ????? ??? ????? ??? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"
Author: Loren Weisman
34. "Life is like crossing a river. If you take a huge step-aim for too bigger dreams-then the current will knock you off your feet and carry you away. The way to do it is small steps, you will take hold of life. You will get there in the end."
Author: Louis Sachar
35. "It's daring to be curious about the unknown, to dream big dreams, to live outside prescribed boxes, to take risks, and above all, daring to investigate the way we live until we discover the deepest treasured purpose of why we are here."
Author: Luci Swindoll
36. "Why did you marry Dad, Mom?" My mother sniffled through her nose, looked at me, then smiled. "I wanted something more and he was it. We both had big dreams." "That must have taken a lot of courage," I said. "To marry Dad. He was so different from you.""It was hardly courageous. It was just the only thing to do. We were in love."
Author: Margaret McMullan
37. "Little moments attach themselves to other little moments and collect into big dreams. We become what we experience."
Author: Miley Cyrus
38. "You going to finish beating yourself up soon? Because I've got a lot of work to catch up on,seeing as I had to go to Italy to help wipe your blood off the street. You getting yourself shot reallyput a crimp in my schedule."David turned back toward Tyler. "Did you use that same tone when you suggested that fuckerDeMorney get an X ray?""Probably. It's the one I use when somebody's being annoyingly stupid."The raw edges in David's stomach smoothed away, and the first glint of humor sparked into hiseyes. "I'd take a swing at you over that, but you're bigger than me.""Younger, too.""Bastard. Now that I think of it, I could take you down, but I'll give you a break because Sophia'sheading this way. I'd hate for her to have to watch her future stepfather kick your ass.""In your dreams.""I'm going to go sulk in the caves." He started off, pausing as he passed Tyler. "Thanks"
Author: Nora Roberts
39. "The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams."
Author: Oprah Winfrey
40. "Dream big dreams,because little dreams have no magic.~Dork Diaries"
Author: Rachel Renée Russell
41. "Deep down, I'm a Texas girl looking for that big romance every girl dreams about. Biologically, I look forward to being a cornerstone of a family. I'll be in my glory when I have a child on my knee."
Author: Renee Zellweger
42. "My life is ruined!" She sobbed. "It's just one big rotting whale carcass on the beach of broken dreams!"
Author: Rick Detorie
43. "No people in all history paid a higher price for freedom. And no people have done so much to advance the dignity of man. We are called materialistic. May be so…but our materialism has made our children the biggest, tallest, most handsome, and intelligent generations of Americans yet. They will live longer with fewer illnesses, learn more, see more of the world, and have more success in realizing their personal dreams and ambitions than any other people in any other period of our history - because of our materialism…I think on our side of civilization and on the other side is the law of the jungle…We all have to recognize that this country has been handed the responsibility, greater than any nation, to preserve some 6000 years of civilization against the barbarians."
Author: Ronald Reagan
44. "Most new jobs won't come from our biggest employers. They will come from our smallest. We've got to do everything we can to make entrepreneurial dreams a reality."
Author: Ross Perot
45. "And then I wonder who I'm looking at. All these people must have their dreams, too. And maybe that's why they're on the bus to New York City. Maybe they want to be dancers, or singers, or run big companies, or sell inventions. It's strange to try to think of everyone else like that, like my brain isn't big enough to hold all their stories together inside my head, and it makes me feel wobbly to try and imagine all the hopes and dreams that fill up this bus."
Author: Sarah Rubin
46. "When you lower the definition of success to such a level that any person can reach it, you don't teach people to have big dreams; Instead, you inspirit mediocrity and nurture people's inadequacies."
Author: Shannon L. Alder
47. "Garraty wondered how it would be, to lie in the biggest, dustiest library silence of all, dreaming endless, thoughtless dreams behind your gummed-down eyelids, dressed forever in your Sunday suit. No worries about money, success, fear, joy, pain, sorrow, sex, or love. Absolute zero. No father, mother, girlfriend, lover. The dead are orphans. No company but the silence like a moth's wing. An end to the agony of movement, to the long nightmare of going down the road. The body in peace, stillness, and order. The perfect darkness of death.How would that be? Just how would that be?"
Author: Stephen King
48. "They want dancing girls! They want thrills! They want elephants! They want people falling off roofs! They want dreams! The world is full of little people with big dreams!"
Author: Terry Pratchett
49. "Bigotry is the disease of ignorance, of morbid minds; enthusiasm of the free and buoyant. Education and free discussion are the antidotes of both. We are destined to be a barrier against the returns of ignorance and barbarism. Old Europe will have to lean on our shoulders, and to hobble along by our side, under the monkish trammels of priests and kings, as she can. What a Colossus shall we be when the Southern continent comes up to our mark! What a stand will it secure as a ralliance for the reason & freedom of the globe! I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. So good night. I will dream on, always fancying that Mrs Adams and yourself are by my side marking the progress and the obliquities of ages and countries."
Author: Thomas Jefferson
50. "Talking about abstract things is important. Having big, wild conversations about concepts like art, music, time travel, and dreams makes it much easier when you'll eventually need to talk about things like anger, sadness, pain, and love."
Author: Tom Burns
Quotes About Big Dreams Pictures