Famous Quotes About Birthdays In July
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Birthdays In July.
Top Quotes About Birthdays In July
1. "I made a gym, it's the best gym in Nicaragua, I have kids that this year July 6th through the 11th will be fighting and then will go on to the Central American Games and I'm sure at least one will win a gold medal."
Author: Alexis Arguello
2. "It was another blind date; this time her uncle had set her up. The plan: Meet outside of her fancy Midtown Manhattan office building. How would she recognize him? "I'll be the guy with the holein his boot," he told her. And there he was,covered in dust from his construction job, with abig hole in his fraying boot. What was supposed to be one drink turned into two . . . then a ride on the Ferris wheel in Toys R Us . . . then dinner. He wrote her this note exactly two months after their first date, delivering it rolled up and tied with a string, along with two red roses. They were married in July 2006.(return"
Author: Bill Shapiro
3. "I stayed in the Navy until July of 1946."
Author: Daniel J. Evans
4. "So, it was done, the break was made, in words at least: on July 2, 1776, in Philadelphia, the American colonies declared independence. If not all thirteen clocks had struck as one, twelve had, and with the other silent, the effect was the same.It was John Adams, more than anyone, who had made it happen. Further, he seems to have understood more clearly than any what a momentous day it was and in the privacy of two long letters to Abigail, he poured out his feelings as did no one else:The second day of July 1776 will be the most memorable epocha in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the Day of Deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other from this time forward forever more."
Author: David McCullough
5. "Every empire, however, tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires, that its mission is not to plunder and control but to educate and liberate."(Los Angeles Times, July 20, 2003)"
Author: Edward W. Said
6. "Almost every one of my various zero numbered birthdays has had a big concert in London and often in Paris."
Author: Elliott Carter
7. "Kiss is a Fourth of July fireworks show with a backbeat."
Author: Gene Simmons
8. "News of the disaster at Little Bighorn reached the Eastern Seaboard shortly after July 4, and not just any ordinary July 4 but the grand celebration of the hundredth anniversary of the founding of the Republic. A country feeling its oats, flexing its muscles, vigorous and rich, cocksure and confident, has seen the impossible happen, the unthinkable become fact. Sitting Bull has spoiled their glorious Centennial, pissed on Custer's golden head, the head of a genuine Civil War hero, the head of someone who has recently been touted as a future President of the United States. Somehow a wedding and a funeral got booked for the same hour in the same church."
Author: Guy Vanderhaeghe
9. "At that time, about July 5, we had no Iraqi corrections officers working for us. It was a responsibility of the CPA, with contractors, to set up a training program."
Author: Janis Karpinski
10. "I think birthdays should be less about celebrating the birth of the child and more about celebrating the fact that we succeeded at keeping them alive for another year."
Author: Jill Smokler
11. "A career high was when I did a cover for 'W Magazine''s July issue with Steven Meisel. So few girls shoot with Meisel in their career, and a lot of people had told me I would never achieve that, so it was a dream come true."
Author: Joan Smalls
12. "The zeal, bravery, and good behavior of the officers and men on the night of June 30, and during July 1, was commendable in the extreme."
Author: John Buford
13. "Why did the Articles [of Confederation] fail so completely? Most historians believe the founding fathers spent a great deal of their first constitutional convention drafting the delaration of independence and only realized on July 3rd the Articles were also due."
Author: Jon Stewart
14. "Cultivo una rosa blanca,En julio como en enero,Para el amigo sinceroQue me da su mano franca.Y para el cruel que me arrancaEl corazon con que vivo,Cardo ni oruga cultivoCultivo una rosa blanca.I have a white rose to tendIn July as in January;I give it to the true friendWho offers his frank hand to me.And to the cruel one whose blowsBreak the heart by which I live,Thistle nor thorn do I give:For him, too, I have a white rose."
Author: José Martí
15. "I meant that the hatred of that July day in Nashville was alive and well on that horrible day in Pittsburgh. People hate others so they strike like snakes. It's all connected—we're all connected, bumping around into each other, some of us good, some bad, most a mixture. Every thought acted upon has consequences. Every one."
Author: Laura Anderson Kurk
16. "A Guardian investigation concluded that between 10,000 and 20,000 people died as an 'indirect' result of the US bombing, that is, through hunger, cold and disease as people were forced to flee the massive aerial assault. An estimate by Professor Marc Herold of the University of New Hampshire, suggests that between 3,125 and 3,620 Afghan civilians were killed by US bombing up to July 2002.3"
Author: Mark Curtis
17. "The suicide bombers who struck London on 7 July 2005 killed 52 innocent people and wounded hundreds more. All of them must live with their memories. And the rest of us will always remember where we were when we heard that London had been hit by the worst terrorist attack in its history."
Author: Pauline Neville Jones
18. "We owe it to the victims of the suicide bombers who struck London on 7 July 2005 to find out how the attacks happened and to learn the lessons that will spare lives in the future."
Author: Pauline Neville Jones
19. "It came to Mr. Blood, as he trudged forward under the laden apple-trees on that fragrant, delicious July morning, that man—as he had long suspected—was the vilest work of God, and that only a fool would set himself up as a healer of a species that was best exterminated."
Author: Rafael Sabatini
20. "At midnight on July 1, 1997, Hongkong, the British Crown Colony, will be restored to China. This is not only an event which will be celebrated by patriotic Chinese; any patriotic American should celebrate it as well."
Author: Robert Trout
21. "Perseverance in almost any plan is better than fickleness and fluctuation. (Alexander Hamilton, July 1792)"
Author: Ron Chernow
22. "There will be birthdays in the next twelve months; books keep well; they're easy to wrap: buy those books now. Buy replacements for any books looking raggedy on your shelves."
Author: Roy Blount Jr.
23. "I was born in Panama, the Republic of Panama, on July 16, 1948 in Panama City, in an area called San Felipe."
Author: Ruben Blades
24. "But the pigs--seventy pounds of porcine weight that did not take kindly to weekly endoscopies--did not sprout any ulcers. And testing the theory on humans was ethically impossible: how could one justify infecting a human with a new, uncharacterized species of bacteria to prove that it caused gastritis and predisposed to cancer? In July 1984, with his experiments stalled and his grant applications in jeopardy, Marshall performed the ultimate experiment: "On the morning of the experiment, I omitted my breakfast….Two hours later, Neil Noakes scraped a heavily inoculated 4 day culture plate of Helicobacter and dispersed the bacteria in alkaline peptone water (a kind of meat broth used to keep bacteria alive). I fasted until 10 am when Neil handed me a 200 ml beaker about one quarter full of the cloudy brown liquid. I drank it down in one gulp then fasted for the rest of the day. A few stomach gurgles occurred. Was it the bacteria or was I just hungry?"
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
25. "On July 13, 1994, Lint had a near-death experience, followed immediately by death."
Author: Steve Aylett
26. "The drone that even according to the police indeed did fly over Seine-Saint-Denis last July 14th is a picture of the future in much more straightforward colors than all the hazy images we get from the humanists. That they took the time to clarify that it was not armed shows pretty clearly the kind of road we're headed down."
Author: The Invisible Committee
27. "It took only three years for Jonathan Papelbon to surpass Bill Campbell, Lee Smith, Tom Gordon, Sparky Lyle, Derek Lowe, Jeff Reardon, Ellis Kinder, and Dick Radatz as he climbed the franchise leader board into second place all-time for saves. Papelbon closed out 2008 with 113 career saves—and on July 1, 2009, with his 20th save of the season he surpassed Bob Stanley to become the all-time franchise leader in saves."
Author: Tucker Elliot
28. "Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and thegospel of envy."—Winston Churchill, PERTH, 28 MAY 1948"The choice is between two ways of life: between individual liberty andState domination; between concentration of ownership in the hands of theState and the extension of ownership over the widest number of individuals;between the dead hand of monopoly and the stimulus of competition;between a policy of increasing restraint and a policy of liberating energyand ingenuity; between a policy of levelling down and a policy of opportunityfor all to rise upwards from a basic standard.—Winston Churchill, WOLVERHAMPTON, 23 JULY 1949"
Author: Winston Churchill
Quotes About Birthdays In July Pictures