Famous Quotes About Bladder
Browse 40 famous quotes and sayings about Bladder.
Top Quotes About Bladder
1. "Serena had to cross her legs: in moments of dire amusement her bladder tended to play tricks."
2. "I like pubs too, but it's hard for me to go and get proper bladdered in the way I used to. I don't want to moan about being recognised but I do get a bit of grief sometimes."
Author: Alan Davies
3. "The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder."
Author: Alfred Hitchcock
4. "Life with most teenagers was like having a low-grade bladder infection. It hurts, but you had to tough it out."
Author: Anne Lamott
5. "Building a solid organ like the liver in the lab is different and harder than with an organ like the bladder because solid organs are very vascular."
Author: Anthony Atala
6. "I have the sick fantasy that whatever I see at the movies is going to happen to me at home. My bladder capacity increased tenfold after I saw "The Shining" because I was sure that if I went into the bathroom late at night, there would be a dead woman in the bathtub."
Author: Bailey White
7. "After forty years of selling wholesale industrial deodorizing supplies, one establishment is forced to open its doors to the public.In the lingo of the trade, a salesman explains why their large institution buyers have gone elsewhere.Who wants to stand downwind of the League o' Nations every time some freshman with a bladder infection pulls a Nebuchadnezzar?"
Author: Ben Katchor
8. "My bladder cancer was related to smoking, and I think smoking kills people."
Author: Bob Schieffer
9. "Her bladder felt painfully, solidly full, as though it would burst and release not urine but the garbled prayers she was muttering."
Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
10. "What a strange expression said the herbalist who would compare themselves to chopped liver in the first place? If you have to to choose an organ why not pick a gallbladder or a thymus gland instead? Much more interesting than a liver. Or what about chopped t-"
Author: Christopher Paolini
11. "He is afraid of you, so he hates you. It would be wrong to hurt him again. It would be like beating a dog after it has loosed it's bladder. The spirit is already broken in him."
Author: Conn Iggulden
12. "If breakups are like deaths, then ex sightings are like seeing a ghost: you feel goose bumps, near loss of bladder control, and the sensation of your heart bursting in your throat. The distinction is that the ex is alive."
Author: Daria Snadowsky
13. "The organs of Venus are familiar to all, but oh, my brothers, the organ of Saturn is the bladder."
Author: David Mitchell
14. "It won't be long,' said Philippa cheerfully, her mother's ring in her voice. ‘You know what Bess says. There's nothing in this world a drop of aqua-vitæ in a sheep's bladder won't cure. Stop the Somervilles with a knife! It needs artillery.' And she blew her nose hard."
Author: Dorothy Dunnett
15. "The purple, formalized, iridescent, gelatinous bladder of a Portuguese man-of-war was floating close beside the boat. It turned on its side and then righted itself. It floated cheerfully as a bubble with its long deadly purple filaments trailing a yard behind in the water."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
16. "College mostly makes people like bladders—just good for nothing but t' hold the stuff as is poured into ‘em."
Author: George Eliot
17. "Just as if I was one of those true knights you love so well, yes. What do you think a knight is for, girl? You think it's all taking favours from ladies and looking fine in gold plate? Knights are for killing...I killed my first man at twelve. I've lost count of how many I've killed since then. High lords with old names, fat rich men dressed in velvet, knights puffed up like bladders with their honours, yes, and women and children too - they're all meat, and I'm the butcher. Let them have their lands and their gods and their gold. Let them have their sers.' Sandor Clegane spat at her feet to show what he thought of that. 'So long as I have this,' he said, lifting the sword from her throat, 'there's no man on earth I need fear."
Author: George R.R. Martin
18. "In my dreams a small wolf slept inside of me and it wasn't comfortable. It moved it's heels and elbows and paws, struggled to make space between my lungs, stomach, bladder. Occasionally a scrabbling claw punctured something and I woke. What were you dreaming? Arabella wanted to know. I knew what it was dreaming. It was dreaming of being born. The form and scale of its occupancy shifted. Sometimes its legs were in my legs, its head in my head, its paws in my hands. Other times it was barely the size of a kitten, heartburn hot and fidgety under my sternum. I'd wake and for a moment feel my face changed, reach up and touch the muzzle that wasn't there."
Author: Glen Duncan
19. "I work for a few at home who are devoted. People who are up now. Either they have some sort of bladder problem or they're extremely drunk. This is my crowd, these are the people I hope to get."
Author: Greg Proops
20. "…for it is often to be observed of the shallower men, that they are the very last to despond. It is the glory of the bladder that nothing can sink it; it is the reproach of a box of treasure, that once overboard it must drown"
Author: Herman Melville
21. "I've got to go." "Go where?" "To go. I'd have just taken care of it myself, but it looks like you want to come along." Mott cursed. "Wait for morning." "Wish I could. I've been cursed with my mother's pea-size bladder."
Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen
22. "The thing is, I was so bursting for the loo that I thought my bladder was going to explode. I could hardly speak, let alone make it up your stairs. When you threw the key down and I had to bend over to pick it up, I thought that was it, I was going to flood the road! And I'm not even exaggerating. I've never been so desperate in my life."
Author: Jill Mansell
23. "Don't worry girls ... I have the bladder of a camel ..."
Author: Joanne McClean
24. "I long for the simplicity of theatre. I want lessons learned, comeuppances delivered, people sorted out, all before your bladder gets distractingly full. That's what I want. What I know is what we all know, whether we'll admit it or not: every attempt to impose the roundness of a well-made play on reality produces a disaster. Life just isn't so, nor will it be made so."
Author: John M. Ford
25. "There was a time—until very recently in the scheme of things—when there were no wild animals, because every animal was wild; and humans were few. Animals, and animal presence over us and around us. Over every horizon, animals. Their skins clothing our skins, their fats in our lamps, their bladders to carry water, meat when we could get it."
Author: Kathleen Jamie
26. "I moved up beside Jamie."I have to go."She frowned at me. "Where?"I pressed a hand to the bottom of my belly. "My bladder.It-"Ah." She gave a small laugh. "We interrupt this life-or-death situation for a pregnancy pee break. Don't see that in the movies, do you?"
Author: Kelley Armstrong
27. "I think this man might actually possess supernatural powers. He makes people lose their minds and I'm sure some of them do lose bladder control as well." "I see. And who is this author" "Neil Fucking Gaiman." "His second name is Fucking?" "No Leif that's the honorary second name all celebrities are given by their fans. It's not an insult it's a huge compliment and he's earned it."
Author: Kevin Hearne
28. "I did learn that there's no point in eating too much Vitamin C because it comes out of your bladder."
Author: Kunal Nayyar
29. "Oh, boy. Now you see what you've done, Monica Lewinsky, you stupid, stupid tart, I thought. Because of you, I have to explain to my Nana, while she's in a hospital bed with an enlarged gallbladder, what oral sex is. Do you see the damage you've caused? Do you see where your sinful path has led?"
Author: Laurie Notaro
30. "You've probably noticed that after the first half-century practically everybody gets leaky, they can't keep it in ... hence the cruelty of long drawn-out meals and drinking sessions ... ships and apartment houses are the same ... everything starts to leak ... sphincters, bladders, drain pipes, bowels ... the half-century is merciless for ladies and gentlemen ... worse for dogs and cats! ... with them it comes sooner! ... five ... six years ..."
Author: Louis Ferdinand Céline
31. "How lucky country children are in these natural delights that lie ready to their hand! Every season and every plant offers changing joys. As they meander along the lane that leads to our school all kinds of natural toys present themselves for their diversion. The seedpods of stitchwort hang ready for delightful popping between thumb and finger, and later the bladder campion offers a larger, if less crisp, globe to burst. In the autumn, acorns, beechnuts, and conkers bedizen their path, with all their manifold possibilities of fun. In the summer, there is an assortment of honeys to be sucked from bindweed flowers, held fragile and fragrant to hungry lips, and the tiny funnels of honeysuckle and clover blossoms to taste."
Author: Miss Read
32. "For most of the day and night, time oppresses me. It is only when I am at work on the innards of a clock-or a lock-that time stops.""The clock stops, you mean.""No. Time stops, or so it seems. I do not sense its passage. Then something interrupts me-I become aware that my bladder is full, my mouth dry, my stomach rumbling, the fire's gone out, and the sun's gone down. But there before me on the table is a finished clock-" now suddenly a snicker from the mechanism, and a deft movement of his hands. "Or an opened lock."
Author: Neal Stephenson
33. "You must have a bladder like Lake Erie. I think empires rose and fell in the time it took you to pee. I could hear it the whole time."Thank you. Do you want something?"
Author: Neil Gaiman
34. "They made him [Stephen] a little canvas boat, and it was thought that if he were obliged to wear two sea-elephant's bladders, blown up and attached to his person, he could not come to harm in such a placid sea; but after an unfortunate experience in which he became involved in his umbrella and it was found that the bladders buoyed up his meagre hams alone, so that only the presence of Babbington's Newfoundland preserved him, he was forbidden to go unaccompanied."
Author: Patrick O'Brian
35. "She'd never been any kind of camper, never had been good at relieving a full bladder on a whim. Never had quite figured out that squat; it seemed like she'd always wet her right foot."
Author: Robyn Carr
36. "Please, by all the blessed saints and their bladders, tell me you two didn't…Have you lost all semblance of intelligence? (Syn)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
37. "I don't need you to remind me of my age. I have a bladder to do that for me."
Author: Stephen Fry
38. "Fear had an anatomy. A curious thought. It had genitals, a bladder and bowls. That was where you felt fear. Not in your head. It was between your legs. It affected your excretion. It emptied you. It turned your bowls to water. It is disgusting."
Author: Stuart Cloete
39. "Who needs an alarm clock you you have a bladder"
Author: T. Haque
40. "Latchkey! I mean . . . I want to talk to you . . .' He fell silent, glancing behind him and shifting from foot to foot, his waterproof trousers rattling like the bulls' bladders that boys use to learn swimming. Sterlingov angrily spat out his cigarette. 'Well? What about?' 'A . . . about a secret matter ,' Alyoshka whispered. Dozens of ears floated around them in the dust waves; the whisper was heard, and it ran on like a spark along a gunpowder wick. Alyoshka's secret message, the mysterious special clothing, the deacon's catastrophe-all this was too much. The atmosphere was charged with thousands of volts, and something was needed to discharge the electricity, to clear the air. ("X")"
Author: Yevgeny Zamyatin
Quotes About Bladder Pictures