Famous Quotes About Blurry
Browse 43 famous quotes and sayings about Blurry.
Top Quotes About Blurry
1. "Anyway, now she thinks of Estha and Rahel as Them, because, separately, the two of them are no longer what They were or ever thought They would be.Ever.Their lives have a size and a shape now. Estha has his and Rahel hers.Edges, Borders, Boundaries, Brinks and Limits have appeared like a team of trolls on their separate horizons. Short creatures with long shadows, patrolling the Blurry End. Gentle half-moons have gathered under their eyes and they are as old as Ammu was when she died."
Author: Arundhati Roy
2. "Elizabeth studied the blurry tabloid photo, which showed her cousin Mary Stuart leaving a Paris disco at dawn, drunkenly clinging to the arm of a French tennis pro. The message was very clear. Put passion first and you end up neither loved nor respected."
Author: Barbara Taylor Bradford
3. "That woman is the most difficult, the most stubborn redhead I've ever had the displeasure of meeting."He shot off, leaving only a blurry streak in his wake."And you're falling in love with her," Kylie whispered."
Author: C.C. Hunter
4. "There's a thin, blurry line between humor and tragedy."
Author: Christopher Paul Curtis
5. "A solid answer to everything is not necessary. Blurry concepts influence one to focus, but postulated clarity influences arrogance."
Author: Criss Jami
6. "If you focus your eyes towards the horizon, everything and everyone walking in front of you becomes a blurry mass. That's what everyone else became. All of their dark wool suits began to mesh into one, and they began to rhythmically march in unison, all while I gazed at the sliver of sky that seemed to be pressed tightly in between the skyscrapers. I kept on walking and staring at the sky, and I began to notice the skyscrapers becoming larger and larger, and before I knew it, I had to turn to get to my building, and of course, the automat."
Author: Cristina Martin
7. "In really, really good science fiction, the line between the science and the fiction is blurry."
Author: Damon Lindelof
8. "He saw blurry white forms. Why they all are wearing white? Langdon decided he was either in an asylum or heaven. From the burning in his throat, Langdon decided it could not be heaven."
Author: Dan Brown
9. "Some men shy from the morning kiss, worried their breath isn't fresh enough. Fuck that. We can kiss minty-cleat later. I'd rather have the morning kiss, the one that smells of heat and last night's blurry sleep, yesterday's dirt and drama."
Author: Edmond Manning
10. "I know I was a great friend to Tiger Woods. But when you have a relationship that's involves business and friendship - and the business part comes to an end - things always get a little blurry."
Author: Hank Haney
11. "It was an old story so rubbed with retelling that the edges were blurry."
Author: Helen Simonson
12. "The ethics of eating people are blurry at best in the fog of my undead amnesia, but I expect more for such a high price. What I want are the moments I will never have. The warm ones. The living ones."
Author: Isaac Marion
13. "The moon looked like melted mozzarella to my bleary and blurry vision. Was I tired, intoxicated, or in love? Or was I sober, asleep, and alone?"
Author: Jarod Kintz
14. "Once I dated a woman I only liked 43%.So I only listened to 43% of what she said.Only told the truth 43% of the time.And only kissed with 43% of my lips.Some say you can't quantify desire, attaching a number to passion isn't right, that the human heart doesn't work like that.But for me it does-I walk down the streetand numbers appear on the foreheadsof the people I look at. In bars, it's worse.With each drink, the numbers go upuntil every woman in the joint has a blurryeighty something above her eyebrows, and the next day I can only remember 17%of what actually happened. That's the problemwith booze-it screws with your math."
Author: Jeffrey McDaniel
15. "We can't leave the snow all bloody," I told the underside of his chin,shadowed with stubble. "It will scare the tourists.""The new snow will cover it up." He looked down at me."Shhh."Something in his Shhh tugged at my heart. He kept watchiing me,not examining m ear for medical emergencies but looking into my eyes,for a few more steps. I couldn't read his look.He was kind of blurry,for one thing,and I was kind of dizzy. I thought he looked..concerned. Sympathetic. Determined to rescue me from danger. I wished that was what he felt. But it couldn't have been.I was misreading him."
Author: Jennifer Echols
16. "The truth is I'm a chicken shit coward who's afraid of a girl like you. When I'm with you, I want things I never thought I'd be able to have, or deserved, and that scares me a little. I'm just a regular guy who works in a bar and you're this beautiful person who shines brighter than the stars.I think I just made up some cheesy poetry so I'll stop while I'm ahead.If you feel like talking, give me a call. ~DSophie sat down on the floor and, through blurry eyes, reread the note so many times she had it memorized. She was going to do more than give him a call."
Author: Jenny Lyn
17. "But to enjoy him we must know him. Seeing is savoring. If he remains a blurry, vague fog, we may be intrigued for a season. But we will not be stunned with joy, as when the fog clears and you find yourself on the brink of some vast precipice."
Author: John Piper
18. "I look for my sister but it's hopeless. The goggles are all fogged up. Every fish burns lantern-bright, and I can't tell the living from the dead. It's all just blurry light, light smeared like some celestial fingerprint all over the rocks and the reef and the sunken garbage. Olivia could be everywhere."
Author: Karen Russell
19. "This was middle school, the age of miracles, the time when kids shot up three inches over the summer, when breasts bloomed from nothing, when voices dipped and dove. Our first flaws were emerging, but they were being corrected. Blurry vision could be fixed invisibly with the magic of the contact lens. Crooked teeth were pulled straight with braces. Spotty skin could be chemically cleared. Some girls were turning beautiful. A few boys were growing tall."
Author: Karen Thompson Walker
20. "It was the way your sweet, soft hands wiped away my tears, and the way your body just curved into mine when you let me hold you. It all made me feel, for just an instant, that everything really was going to be all right. No one has ever comforted me like that…except my mom." What the fuck? Did I just say all that out loud? I shook my head furiously from side to side as the room started spinning me like a Tilt-a-Whirl at the county fair back home.Abby grabbed my shoulders to steady me. I blinked my eyes trying to focus on her blurry, but beautiful image. "Most of all, it's that I want someone like you to want me—just for me, not for Jake Slater the singer of Runaway Train." I smacked my hand hard against my chest. "For what's really inside me."
Author: Katie Ashley
21. "She doesn't like to talk about him, and I know that she hasn't been the same since he died. She's not quite here anymore; there's something missing in all of her smiles, like a blurry spot or a camera lens out of focus. Part of her followed him, wherever it was he went."
Author: Kendare Blake
22. "I've seen most of whatthere is to be afraid of in this world, and to tell you the truth,the worst of them are the ones that make you afraid in thelight. The things that your eyes see plainly and can't forgetare worse than huddled black figures left to the imagination.Imagination has a poor memory; it slinks away and goesblurry. Eyes remember for much longer."
Author: Kendare Blake
23. "She stared at the faded tile floor before her feet, but knew his every step around her small kitchen. When Martin touched the coffee cup patterned curtains he must assume she'd made, her fingers throbbed. When his eyes slid across the flowery aluminum water bottle at the table, her throat cracked with thirst.The radio clicked off.The silence of the room soaked up her raspy breaths, her pounding heart, her ache, and stirred them around the one man she ever longed for in a way that changes how you taste the world.Her desire swirled in a pulsing, betraying, blurry hook, and encouraged him to move closer.Martin obeyed."
Author: Kim Bongiorno
24. "I am certain that over the course of your own life, you have noticed that people's rooms reflect their personalities. In my room, for instance, I have gathered a collection of objects that are important to me, including a dusty accordion on which I can play a few sad songs, a large bundle of notes on the activities of the Baudelaire orphans, and a blurry photograph, taken a very long time ago, of a woman whose name is Beatrice. These are items that are very precious and dear to me."
Author: Lemony Snicket
25. "Because it has become a tradition to wear a mask, it is the only thing that shows. The truth is blurry to those who use their eyes to see."
Author: Lionel Suggs
26. "When your conscious and subconscious are at symmetry with each other, intuition plays little to no role in your decisions. Everything becomes blurry, because you are finally starting to drift away from the picture that the world wants you to see."
Author: Lionel Suggs
27. "When they separated, the freckleless spot between Pete's eyes was bright red. Before anything else could be said or done, May grabbed her bike and hopped on. She waited until she was six houses down to turn and see if he was still standing in the driveway watching her.He was.She stopped for just a moment, and they caught each other's eyes. Then he slowly started walking backward toward the house. May couldn't see that well, considering that her eyes were still a little blurry and he was far away, but it looked like he was smiling."
Author: Maureen Johnson
28. "My brain scrambled to make room for the existene of these people. Grandparents I'd never known. They went from hypothetical, empty memories to blurry, unformed shapes in my head. Dead one second, alive the next.Kind of like me."
Author: Megan Miranda
29. "We can feel the vibration that comes from the candle flame, burning it way into our innermind, no blurry images, clear as crystal, we enter into the highest consciousness, on our journey back home, we possess the eagle's eye, the eye that can see the invisible."
Author: Michael Bassey Johnson
30. "Race, to me, is a very blurry thing."
Author: Monica Raymund
31. "By midnight Theresa was yawning steadily, and Garrett suggested that she get some sleep."But I came down here to see you," she protested drowsily."But if you don't get your sleep, I'll look blurry."
Author: Nicholas Sparks
32. "I was walking around legally blind. Now I have 20-20 vision. I can't believe I spent so many years blurry, but I think that coincides with how I was feeling. Now I notice if people are watching me, but I also smile right back if someone waves, which helps."
Author: Nicole Kidman
33. "A high-speed collision gave a new sense of sightTo meAnd now my vision can render the sceneA blurry image of wreckage and roadside debrisHappiness returned to meThrough a grave emergency"
Author: Owl City
34. "He clenches his fist against my back and speaks into my neck. His voice is warm. I didn't mean to take it this far..I lift my blurry eyes. That still means you meant to take it."
Author: R.A. Nelson
35. "What's your name?' she asked, and surprised herself. But for some reason, she wanted to know.Dean's brother—he hadn't been just some nameless Bad Guy Number Four. This vampire wasn't,either. He had a name, a history, maybe even people who cared what happened to him.My name is none of your business,' he said, and continued to stare out the window, even though there was nothing but blurry brick out there.Can I call you None for short?"
Author: Rachel Caine
36. "[she used to say that] each of us has a veil between ourselves and the rest of the world – like a bride wears on her wedding day—except this kind of veil is invisible. we walk around happily with these invisible veils hanging down over our faces. the world is kind of blurry. we like it that way. but sometimes our veils are pushed away for a few moments – like there's a wind blowing it from our faces – and when the veil lifts, we can see the world as it really is, just for those few seconds before it settles down again. we see all the beauty and cruelty and sadness and love, but mostly we are happy not to. some people learn to lift the veils themselves. then they don't have to depend on the wind anymore. ...it's just her way of saying that most of the time people get distracted by little stuff, and ignore the big stuff."
Author: Rebecca Stead
37. "I feelemptyconfusedhurtnumbdisorientedmadvulnerableinsignificantblurrytiredsweatyoverwhelmedtemporaryanxious"
Author: Samantha Schutz
38. "That's our story.How we became a we.And that's what we are these day. A we.When you're a group that can hear each other's thoughts, the line between I and We gets kind of blurry."
Author: Sarah Mlynowski
39. "If I'm still wistful about On the Road, I look on the rest of the Kerouac oeuvre--the poems, the poems!--in horror. Read Satori in Paris lately? But if I had never read Jack Kerouac's horrendous poems, I never would have had the guts to write horrendous poems myself. I never would have signed up for Mrs. Safford's poetry class the spring of junior year, which led me to poetry readings, which introduced me to bad red wine, and after that it's all just one big blurry condemned path to journalism and San Francisco."
Author: Sarah Vowell
40. "From her vantage point, looking up at [Ian] through the water-spotted and slightly blurry lenses of her glasses, he was quite literally larger than life. Right at that moment, with his hands up on his head, his muscular chest bare, and his boxer shorts clinging to him in a most revealing way, water matting the hair on his chest and his legs and his eyelashes, he was ridiculously attractive. Even with his more conventionally handsome brother standing next to him.Of course the fact that Aaron was looking down at her with unconcealed dislike in his pretty hazel eyes might've had something to with it, as if she weren't a person but instead a pile of excrement left on his pool deck by a wart-covered troll with an intestinal ailment."
Author: Suzanne Brockmann
41. "Time would not change what I was feeling--or not feeling. I'd had time, and though the ache from his desertion hadn't disappeared, it was decreasing. My future was blurry, yes, but I was beginning to imagine a future when I would no longer miss him at all."
Author: Tammara Webber
42. "You're an expert at sorry and keeping the lines blurry"
Author: Taylor Swift
43. "They lived in a blurry world, those two, where clear, consistent intentions weren't required."
Author: Walter Kirn
Quotes About Blurry Pictures