Famous Quotes About Breaking Cycles
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Breaking Cycles.
Top Quotes About Breaking Cycles
1. "I'm frightened of eggs, worse than frightened, they revolt me. That white round thing without any holes … have you ever seen anything more revolting than an egg yolk breaking and spilling its yellow liquid? Blood is jolly, red. But egg yolk is yellow, revolting. I've never tasted it."
Author: Alfred Hitchcock
2. "Writing 'February' made me realize that breaking form is a way of letting the song be human."
Author: Dar Williams
3. "I'm very much into making lists and breaking things apart into categories."
Author: David Byrne
4. "Because your character is always full of ambition, the news of my being locked up must have been much harder on you than it was on me. When I was arrested, it was almost a relief to know that I could now experience what you were experiencing yourself. I am so afraid that they are breaking your spirit."
Author: Diet Eman
5. "We're all just in the muck trying to believe we're capable of greatness, but closer to breaking than we want to admit. And we tell ourselves stories--about ourselves,but maybe also all these stories about other people, about characters--as a way to hide from how small we are."
Author: Doug Dorst
6. "Of course all life is a process of breaking down, but the blows that do the dramatic side of the work-the big sudden blows that come, or seem to come, from outside-the ones you remember and blame things on and, in moments of weakness, tell your friends about, don't show their effect all at once. There is another sort of blow that comes from within-that you don't feel until it's too late to do anything about it, until you realize with finality that in some regard you will never be as good a man again. The first sort of breakage seems to happen quick-the second kind happens almost without your knowing it but is realized suddenly indeed."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
7. "Madness does not come by breaking out, but by giving in; by settling down in some dirty, little, self-repeating circle of ideas; by being tamed."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
8. "Some plants, some small water creatures give a sort of jellyfish sort of birth by breaking apart, by separating themselves from themselves."
9. "Kiss me, Joe. I won't shatter… Seriously, Joe, you can touch me without breaking me. In fact, you might even put me a little bit back together."
Author: Jennifer Castle
10. "And then, one Saturday morning, I came down to breakfast, and it all came to a head when she flat-out told me that I wasn't going to training.Straw met camel's back. Breaking commenced."You have no right to tell me—""You do not want to finish that sentence, missy. You want to sit down, close your mouth, and eat.""How am I supposed to eat with my mouth closed?""Bryn, that's enough."
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
11. "I see it in your beautiful eyes, like a spot on the sun. The things you want to hide, buried deep inside you. Blinded by your light. It almost hurts to look at, almost hurts to breathe. Never can you look at the things no one ever sees Shaded by your light. Please take me inside you, please take me in. Never will I whisper, never will I give in. Even when I'm dying, your heart will always win. Shielded to the sightless, isolated from the naïve. Breaking you in pieces, that can only ever grieve. Veiled by your light. Passionate for the world, yet overlooked by most. Your soul flickers in you, desperate to shine for the world But blinded by your darkness. Please take me inside you, please take me in. Never will I whisper, never will I give in. Even when I'm dying, your heart will always win."
Author: Jessica Sorensen
12. "The sun rose in my life. At first, as dawn breaking on the horizon, almost as if to say, this is where you have to look. Then came the first rays of sunshine, everything became clearer, lighter, more alive, and I became happier and happier, and then it hung in the sky of my life and shone and shone and shone."
Author: Karl Ove Knausgård
13. "I've got you. I swear to God, I've got you," said Noah. "Stay with me, Echo."I wanted to. I wanted to stay with him, but the shouting and screams and glass breaking in my mind grew louder. "Make it stop."He tightened his grip on my arms. "Fight, Echo! You've got to fucking fight. Come on, baby. You're safe."
Author: Katie McGarry
14. "People would cheer throw confetti and then go about breaking the resolutions they had made only moments before."
Author: Neal Shusterman
15. "I thought of you and how you love this beauty,And walking up the long beach all aloneI heard the waves breaking in measured thunderAs you and I once heard their monotone.Around me were the echoing dunes, beyond meThe cold and sparkling silver of the sea --We two will pass through death and ages lengthenBefore you hear that sound again with me."
Author: Sara Teasdale
16. "Sloane's laugh was brief and brittle, like ice breaking in an enchanted forest."
Author: Seanan McGuire
17. "Neither son loved the father for himself. They both were using the father for their own self-centered ends rather than loving, enjoying, and serving him for his own sake. This means that you can rebel against God and be alienated from him either by breaking his rules or by keeping all of them diligently. It's a shocking message: Careful obedience to God's law may serve as a strategy for rebelling against God."
Author: Timothy Keller
Quotes About Breaking Cycles Pictures