Famous Quotes About Bridesmaid
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Bridesmaid.
Top Quotes About Bridesmaid
1. "Immortality, thou art a chimerical bridesmaid of life."
Author: Aporva Kala
2. "I thought bridesmaid's dresses were supposed to be horrid and ugly to make the bride more stunning," I joked to her in a whisper."Yeah right, you marry a gorgeous actor and you want me to show up in a Goodwill special? No way sister! There are bound to be other single, gorgeous actors around, and I intend to land one of them for myself. Or get laid at the very least."..."
Author: Chasta Schneider
3. "After 'Bridesmaids,' women know who I am."
Author: Chris O'Dowd
4. "I was a bridesmaid at a wedding in one picture."
Author: Dorothy Malone
5. "That's it for me. I'm fucked. As per usual. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Although come to think of it I was never even the freaking bridesmaid. Look, show your cock. It's the shortest line between two points. The world ain't giving away nice lives. You got a trust fund? You a genius? Show your cock. It's what you got."
Author: George Saunders
6. "Bridesmaids are never going to upstage the bride."
Author: Georgina Chapman
7. "I don't want comedy to be Bridesmaids 2. I'm not denigrating Bridesmaids but, enough already, let's stop pretending women are incalculably different to us. Seeking out podcasts, listening on headphones, it's like an intimate, specific conversation. People respond if it feels from the heart. I'm as neurotic a human being as lives, and I have my faults. I'm a drunk. But people really like that."
Author: Greg Proops
8. "Always the bridesmaid , never the bride." Always the godfather, never the god"."
Author: Gregory Maguire
9. "She smiled from ear to ear at the thought of knowing his name. She perched herself up onto her tip toes to try to be able to get a good look at him. He was smiling a charming smile and he escorted his bridesmaid through the manmade aisle. Again, like before as his proximity got closer, so did the intense feelings she felt burning inside of her body. She tried really hard to not feel them. She wished she had something stronger to drink to dull the uncomfortable and scary emotions he was bringing out in her."
Author: J.B. McGee
10. "He could totally be your boyfriend," [Angel] went on with annoying persistance. "You guys could get married. I could be like a junior bridesmaid. Total could be your flower dog.""I'm only a kid!" I shrieked. "I can't get married!""You could in New Hampshire."My mouth dropped open. How does she know this stuff? "Forget it! No one's getting married!" I hissed. "Not in New Hampshire or anywhere else! Not in a box, not with a fox! Now go to sleep, before I kill you!"
Author: James Patterson
11. "I am usually part of any disaster at a wedding if I'm a bridesmaid, which I've been lucky enough to be several times."
Author: Jennifer Garner
12. "Me?" he said in some surprise. "I won't be dancing! It's the bridal dance. The bride and groom dance alone!"For one circuit of the room," she told him. "After which they are joined by the best man and first bridesmaid, then by the groomsman and the second bridesmaid."Will reacted as he had been stung. He leaned over to speak across Jenny on his left, to Gilan.Gil! Did you know we have to dance?" he asked. Gilan nodded enthusiastically.Oh yes indeed. Jenny and I have been practicing for the past three days, haven't we, Jen?"Jenny looked up at him adoringly and nodded. Jenny was in love. Gilan was tall, dashing, good-looking, charming and very ammusing. Plus he was cloaked in the mystery and romance tat came with being a Ranger. Jenny had only ever known one ranger and that had been grim-faced, gray-bearded Halt."
Author: John Flanagan
13. "I'll be needing a bridesmaid',she said.'A tall one. That way, I'll look more petite and feminine."
Author: John Flanagan
14. "Up until 'Bridesmaids,' the general consensus was that women preferred comedy a bit softer."
Author: Judd Apatow
15. "It's about Diana,' sobbed Anne luxuriously. 'I love Diana so, Marilla. I cannot ever live without her. But I know very well when we grow up that Diana will get married and go away and leave me. And oh, what shall I do? I hate her husband — I just hate him furiously. I've been imagining it all out — the wedding and everything — Diana dressed in snowy white garments, and a veil, and looking as beautiful and regal as a queen; and me the bridesmaid, with a lovely dress, too, and puffed sleeves, but with a breaking heart hid beneath my smiling face. And then bidding Diana good-bye-e-e—' Here Anne broke down entirely and wept with increasing bitterness. Marilla turned quickly away to hide her twitching face, but it was no use; she collapsed on the nearest chair and burst into such a hearty and unusual peal of laughter…"
Author: L.M. Montgomery
16. "Gabby," Jenna cried. "It's so horrible. I can't believe this happened.""Jenna," I said in a soothing voice, "I'm alive and okay. No worries."She sniffled into the phone. "No, it's not that."I waited a beat. "What?""The bridesmaid dresses are all wrong!" she wailed."Wait a second," I said. "You aren't upset over my being dead for four days?""I knew you'd be fine," she explained, brushing off the subject. "But these dresses? I don't know what to do. They're the wrong color, and they're hideous!" She went into a hysterical fit of tears."
Author: Laura Kreitzer
17. "Had 'Bridesmaids' not ended up being so amazing and successful, we would never have been able to make 'Bachelorette.' So we are in awe of 'Bridesmaids' and totally owe them so much."
Author: Lizzy Caplan
18. "She had worn a sequined, strapless wedding gown, and left her bridesmaid to wear brightly flowered dresses to fit for a kind of pornographic milkmaid: low-cut and laced up the midriff with a sort of shoelace. "What Scarlet O'Hara might have done with a shower curtain, if she were trying to snag a plumber."
Author: Lorrie Moore
19. "Gardens come and go, but I find myself getting attached to certain perennials. My tulips are bridesmaids, with fat faces and good posture. Hollyhocks are long necked sisters. Daffodils are young girls running out of a white church, sun shining on their heads. Peonies are pink-haired ladies, so full and stooped you have to tie them up with string. And roses are nothing but (I hate to say it) bitches--pretty show-offs who'll draw blood if you don't handle them just right. -Vangie Galliard Nepper, From her "Garden Diary," March 1952"
Author: Michael Lee West
20. "Mothers! They promise you they'll never get married again, and next thing you know you're a bridesmaid."
Author: Mindy Schanback
21. "HIDEOUS! Sorry, Mom, but vomit green is NOT my colour. And that dress is impossible to walk in! It's so tight around my legs that it looks like a giant fish tail. While the other bridesmaids walked gracefully to the "Wedding March" song, I flopped my way down the aisle like a human-sized catfish or something! Those rug burns were pure agony! It was getting late and I was running out of time! The last thing I wanted to do was to traumatise Brandon by showing up at the dance looking like a MUTANT FISH GIRL or something. Right now I'm SO frustrated that I'm seriously considering just NOT going to the dance. Why is my life so hopelessly CRUDDY?!"
Author: Rachel Renée Russell
22. "Day 24. Situation is growing worse. My captors continue to find new and horrific ways to torture me. When not working, Agent Scarlet spends her days examining fabric swatches for bridesmaid dresses and going on about how in love she is. This usually causes Agent Boring Borscht to regale us with stories of Russian weddings that are even more boring than his usual ones. My attempts at escape have been thwarted thus far. Also, I am out of cigarettes. Any assistance or tobacco products you can send will be greatly appreciated.-Prisoner 24601"
Author: Richelle Mead
23. "And you, my best friend on earth, my soul sister who shares Chunky Monkey scoops and beefcake e-mails at the drop of a hat, the woman who made me wear a frothy, ruffled lime-colored bridesmaid dress that added fifteen pounds to my hips, are going to spill your guts to me, aren't you? (Sunshine)No fair and the dress wasn't lime, it was mint. (Selena)It was lime-icky green and I looked like a sick pistachio. (Sunshine)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
24. "I'm not blond or super fit or perfect. Not romantic, not "an individual," and definitely not a genius. So what am I? I'll tell you what : a bridesmaid."
Author: Tamara Summers
25. "The Librarian liked being best man. You were allowed to kiss bridesmaids, and they weren't allowed to run away."
Author: Terry Pratchett
26. "You think your friends have good taste in fashion, until they ask you to wear an ugly bridesmaid dress!"
Author: Wendi McLendon Covey
27. "Be cautious then, young ladies; be wary how you engage. Be shy of loving frankly; never tell all you feel, or (a better way still), feel very little. See the consequences of being prematurely honest and confiding, and mistrust yourselves and everybody. Get yourselves married as they do in France, where the lawyers are the bridesmaids and confidantes. At any rate, never have any feelings which may make you uncomfortable, or make any promises which you cannot at any required moment command and withdraw. That is the way to get on, and be respected, and have a virtuous character in Vanity Fair."
Author: William Makepeace Thackeray
Quotes About Bridesmaid Pictures