Famous Quotes About Broken Hearts And Love
Browse 8 famous quotes and sayings about Broken Hearts And Love.
Top Quotes About Broken Hearts And Love
1. "Our hearts will be broken a thousand times over, but who is to say that our hearts were ever perfect to begin with? Maybe they can withstand a few cracks. After all, the way that we love is not perfect. We love things to such an incomprehensible depth that these things become worn in. Wouldn't the most beautiful thing in the world be a heart that has been through all of the wear and tear, as worn in as your favorite sweater that both keeps you warm and grants you a smile in return? That's the kind of heart that I want. Bruises make for beautiful colors after all."
Author: Elizabeth Brooks
2. "(In India, just so you know, May 3 is National Broken Hearts Day. And in Papua New Guinea, there exists a tribe whose men write mournful love songs called namai, which tell the tragic stories of marriages which never came to pass but should have.)"
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
3. "We describe a person without compassion as "heartless," and we urge him or her to "have a heart." Our deepest hurts we call "heartaches." Jilted lovers are "brokenhearted." Courageous soldiers are "bravehearted." The truly evil are "black-hearted" and saints have "hearts of gold." If we need to speak at the most intimate level, we ask for a "heart-to-heart" talk. "Lighthearted" is how we feel on vacation. And when we love someone as truly as we may, we love "with all our heart." But when we lose our passion for life, when a deadness sets in which we cannot..."
Author: John Eldredge
4. "I did not know where I belonged or if there was a place on earth for children who had broken hearts and shattered trustI could not fathom a place where those who were not loved would feel safe from the hands of predators and the leering eyes of those who'd lost a love for innocenceI walked close to walls and never slept, held my breath during long nights of ticking clocks and creaking floors hoping that the monsters in the closet would be too tired to whisper secrets worse than nightmaresuntil a fragment of Truth unlocked the door to a kingdom with air so rarified and pure that demons cannot breathe there and monsters wither in the lightyou do not live in the world it promised you live in the space where God and men do meet, you live in a kingdom undivided, inviolate, a place where you can close your eyes and rest your hopes upon His Love... in this place there is only peace...rest sweet child rest,rest, rest..."
Author: Kate Mullane Robertson
5. "Broken hearts healed. Maybe the cracks were always there, like thin scars, but they healed. People lived and worked, laughed and ate, walked and talked with those cracksFor many, even the scars healed and they loved again."
Author: Nora Roberts
6. "Upon the shadowy shore of death the sea of trouble casts no wave. Eyes that have been curtained by the everlasting dark, will never know again the burning touch of tears. Lips touched by eternal silence will never speak again the broken words of grief. Hearts of dust do not break. The dead do not weep. Within the tomb no veiled and weeping sorrow sits, and in the rayless gloom is crouched no shuddering fear.I think of those I have loved and lost as having returned to earth, as having become a part of the elemental wealth of the world – I think of them as unconscious dust, I dream of them as gurgling in the streams, floating in the clouds, bursting in the foam of light upon the shores of worlds..."
Author: Robert G. Ingersoll
7. "Where it MattersBeing with you today is worth all the broken hearts of yesterday. In a flash, all of the stumbling blocks of relationships gone wrong have become the stepping stones to our perfect love. We fit. I now understand the feeling I used to think was pain that came along with love was actually the discomfort from being in a place I didn't fit. Thank you for being you… for sharing your love with me… for inspiring me to accept myself… for helping me see the unique beauty in imperfection… for showing me that love is something you do; something not just to be said, but also to be shown.I am not perfect; neither are you. I love that!Our love is perfect. And even though we may not be, our love creates a bridge that spans over our imperfections and joins us where it matters.I love you!"
Author: Steve Maraboli
8. "We must also realize that nothing happens without a purpose. Nothing. Not even broken hearts. Not even pain. That broken heart and that pain are lessons and signs for us. They are warnings that something is wrong. They are warnings that we need to make a change. Just like the pain of being burned is what warns us to remove our hand from the fire, emotional pain warns us that we need to make an internal change. We need to detach. Pain is a form of forced detachment. Like the loved one who hurts you again and again and again, the more dunya hurts us, the more we inevitably detach from it. The more we inevitably stop loving it."
Author: Yasmin Mogahed
Quotes About Broken Hearts And Love Pictures