Famous Quotes About Broken Trust
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Broken Trust.
Top Quotes About Broken Trust
1. "When bridges seem to give way, we fall into Christ's safe arms, true bridge, and not into hopelessness. It is safe to trust! We can be too weak to go on because His strength is made perfect in utter brokenness and nail-pierced hands help up. It is safe to trust! We can give thanks in everything because there's a good God leading, working all things into good. It is safe to trust! The million bridges behind us may seem flattened to the earthly eye, but all bridges ultimately hold, fastened by nails. It is safe to trust."
Author: Ann Voskamp
2. "Sebastian tapped his index finger on the polished wood thoughtfully. Yes, it was a universal truth: some things once broken were broken forever—like trust. It might be patched up and smoothed over, but it would always be the thing that had once been shattered."
Author: Carol Oates
3. "I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest."His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me.Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
4. "Trust is tough. Once trust has been broken by multiple people on multiple occasions, believing in anyone or anything becomes increasingly difficult. Much of the skepticism of our world can be traced back to broken trust."
Author: Dillon Burroughs
5. "The Broken Bow group is such a great family and seem like a group of tight-knit people. When I looked for a new label, I wanted to feel I could trust everybody. I wanted motivation to be at an all-time high."
Author: Fatima Siad
6. "Just give yourself to me. Trust me. For one day. I'll take care of you." She exhales and stares up at me. She looks lost and broken. She looks sad and defeated. And I hate it. "One day of trust, Ashleigh. Just one day. And then tomorrow we can drive to LA and life can start again. But don't let your pause end up meaningless. Make it count. Give me control. I'll show you life goes on."
Author: J.A. Huss
7. "I sit and I listen to John cry and I wish there was something I could do to help him. I sit and I listen and I wish there was some way I could make it better. There is no hope for John, no hope at all. He could go to five hundred Clinics and spend ten years working the Twelve Steps and it wouldn't make a bit of fucking difference. He has been broken beyond repair, wounded beyond the point of healing, abused beyond the point of recovery. He will never know happiness or joy, security, or normalcy. He will never know pleasure, satisfaction, serenity, clarity, peace of mind or any semblance of sanity. He will never know or trust love. You poor, sick, sad Motherfucker. You will never know. I'm sorry."
Author: James Frey
8. "I did not know where I belonged or if there was a place on earth for children who had broken hearts and shattered trustI could not fathom a place where those who were not loved would feel safe from the hands of predators and the leering eyes of those who'd lost a love for innocenceI walked close to walls and never slept, held my breath during long nights of ticking clocks and creaking floors hoping that the monsters in the closet would be too tired to whisper secrets worse than nightmaresuntil a fragment of Truth unlocked the door to a kingdom with air so rarified and pure that demons cannot breathe there and monsters wither in the lightyou do not live in the world it promised you live in the space where God and men do meet, you live in a kingdom undivided, inviolate, a place where you can close your eyes and rest your hopes upon His Love... in this place there is only peace...rest sweet child rest,rest, rest..."
Author: Kate Mullane Robertson
9. "Yes," he assured her without hesitation. "I thought I was broken too, that I'd never trust women, but I had it all wrong. I wasn't broken at all. I was just waiting for you. It's always been yours; even before we met, it belonged to you."
Author: Kele Moon
10. "I was 16 and got my boyfriend's name tattooed on me. Don't do it. 'Cause it hurts. The moment you do it, the next month, the next year, you'll be broken up - trust me - and cover-ups hurt. You can show your love in other ways. Ink is not it. Write it on a piece of paper and mail it to him."
Author: Lauren London
11. "The Harrises, on the other hand, have always been constant talkers, not so much for the sake of entertainment or information but because if a silence caught and held for too long they might have fallen into a bottomless sullen discord, a frozen mutual quietude that could never be broken because there never had been and never would be a shared topic of sufficient reviving urgency (not at least one either of his parents could bear to broach), and so they needed to hydroplane forward together on an ever-replenished slick of remark and opinion, of ritualized disinclination (You know, I've never trusted that man) and long-familiar enthusiasms (I know Chinese food is filthy, but I just don't care)."
Author: Michael Cunningham
12. "The infinite loves of two birds were broken. I and You were the two birds. The strong pillars of faith, trust, hope, conviction and whatever that makes a strong building, the building is obviously known as relations, were now go down. Those pillars lose their strength. They were no more able to balance my and yours's infinite love..Tamanna breaks down"
Author: Prakhar Srivastav
13. "The owner of the Post Office was called Maurice. A sixtyish-year-old with a large red nose that was pebble-dashed with broken capillaries, and a smooth bald head with a fuzz of grey hair around the side like the tide mark on a dirty bath. He had a gruff manner, distrusting eyes and a cough like kicked gravel."
Author: R.D. Ronald
Quotes About Broken Trust Pictures