Famous Quotes About Brownies
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Brownies.
Top Quotes About Brownies
1. "Each suburban wife struggles with it alone. As she made the beds, shopped for groceries, matched slipcover material, ate peanut butter sandwiches with her children, chauffeured Cub Scouts and Brownies, lay beside her husband at night- she was afraid to ask even of herself the silent question-- 'Is this all?"
Author: Betty Friedan
2. "Seth put his ear against the door. "I can't hear anything.""There are probably ten of them patiently waiting on the far side, ready to pounce."Brownies are shrimps. All I'd need are some heavy boots, a pair of shin guards, and a weed whacker."The image made Kendra giggle."
Author: Brandon Mull
3. "Everybody's eating all my - brownies, granola, anything you eat cooked, I can find you raw."
Author: Carol Alt
4. "Of course not. No one is chosen. Not ever. Not in the real world. You chose to climb out of your window and ride on a leopard. You chose to get a witch's Spoon back, and to make friends with a wyvern. You chose to trade your shadow for a child's life. You chose not to let the Marquess hurt your friend--you chose to smash her cages! You chose to face your own Death, not to balk at a great sea to cross and no ship to cross it in. And twice now you have chosen not to go home when you might have, if only you abandoned your friends. You are not the chosen one, September. Fairyland did not choose you--you chose yourself. You could have had a lovely holiday in Fairyland and never met the Marquess, never worried yourself with local politics, had a romp with a few brownies and gone home with enough memories for a lifetime's worth of novels. But you didn't. You chose. You chose it all. Just like you chose your path on the beach: to lose your heart is not a path for the faint and fainting."
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
5. "I'll show up at every classroom open house and teacher conference,' she said, now in a voice that was almost frightening in its intensity. 'I'll bake brownies. My child will have new clothes. Her shoes will fit. She'll get her shots, and she'll get her braces. We'll start a college fund next week. I'll tell her I love her every damn day.'If that wasn't a great plan for being a good mother, I couldn't imagine what a better one could be."
Author: Charlaine Harris
6. "Oh, well, thanks an awful lot, Thomas, Myfanwy thought bitterly. It sounds like I'm the Defense Minister of Ghosts and Goblins, but as long as the job is "all fairly self-explanatory," I've no doubt it will be fine. The country might get overrun by brownies and talking trees, but what the hell--there's always Australia!"
Author: Daniel O'Malley
7. "Childhood smells of perfume and brownies."
Author: David Leavitt
8. "Okay, paradigm shift, faeries and brownies exist."
Author: Dawn Marie Hamilton
9. "I put the guitar back in the case. I can't even look at it anymore. Instead, I want to make brownies. I want an end result there's a recipe for. I want to combine eggs and water and oil and chocolate and flour and sugar and vanilla and get something fulfilling."
Author: Deb Caletti
10. "Are you referring to the day you instructed me to ‘follow the white rabbit,' plied me with absinthe and brownies, and tried to have your way with me? Didn't take long for you to lose your romantic streak, did it?"
Author: Elle Lothlorien
11. "All fat and wet and curvy-a tight tee-shirt contest in a beer-drinking hall-erotic and moist, like good brownies. Boredom invites me, but i do not take her personality. She is an unwelcome house guest that whores me daily."
Author: Emily H. Sturgill
12. "On the edge of a laughing teacupDid Kubla Kat decreeThe the corn fritter festooned with medalsShall make the brownies freeAnd so the walls turned to waterTo let our sorrows drownAs the chairs burned themselves for warmthSo they need not face the clownThen the spoons burst into songAnd all the forks they understoodAs I stared at my talking clawsBecasue this catnip is just that good"
Author: Francesco Marciuliano
13. "What kind of good deeds? Like Girl Scouts? Because I got kicked out of Brownies and they won't give me another chance to keep my clothes on at camp."
Author: Haven Kimmel
14. "Howard was almost as fond of this hall as he was of his own shop. The Brownies used it on Tuesdays, and the Women's Institute on Wednesdays. It had hosted jumble sales and Jubilee celebrations, wedding receptions and wakes, and it smelled of all of these things: of stale clothes and coffee urns, and the ghosts of home-baked cakes and meat salads; of dust and human bodies; but primarily of aged wood and stone."
Author: J.K. Rowling
15. "Why did everyone send casseroles in times of crisis? Why didn't anyone ever send brownies and Jack Daniel's?"
Author: Jaye Wells
16. "For most of our young lives, my family was baffled by elementary school bake sales, to which we were told to bring in goodies to sell. While other kids arrived bearing brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and apple pies, Chinese families didn't bake."
Author: Jennifer Lee
17. "My pants cut the cheese. Let one fly. Baked a batch of brownies."
Author: Jim Benton
18. "The famed author Robert Lewis Stevenson declared that he'd trained his Brownies to be writers. As he slept, they would whisper fantastic plots in his ear -- for example, the strange case of Dr. Jekyll and the diabolical Mr. Hyde, and that episode in "Olalla" when a young man from an old Spanish family bites his sister's hand."
Author: Jorge Luis Borges
19. "I was a soccer cheerleader. It doesn't get nerdier than that. I was fired from the soccer cheerleading squad after one year, which I believe to this day is unprecedented. You have to understand, no one went to the soccer games. In fact, I believe part of my duties as a cheerleader was to bake brownies for the team."
Author: Kathy Griffin
20. "I am Outcast.""The kids behind me laugh so loud I know they're laughing about me. I can't help myself. I turn around. It's Rachel, surrounded by a bunch of kids wearing clothes that most definitely did not come from the EastSide Mall. Rachel Bruin, my ex-best friend. She stares at something above my left ear. Words climb up my throat. This was the girl who suffered through Brownies with me, who taught me how to swim, who understood about my parents, who didn't make fun of my bedroom. If there is anyone in the entire galaxy I am dying to tell what really happened, it's Rachel. My throat burns.""Her eyes meet mine for a second. "I hate you," she mouths silently."
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
21. "I didn't even try it but the feeling that I got from being slightly high was so nice, I was so relaxed and happy and horny. Tomorrow Claude will be coming to my house, we will bake weed brownies on mugs, order pizza and have sex all the afternoon."
Author: Mariana Calderón De La Barca
22. "How to announce the return of comfort and well-being except by cooking something fragrant. That is what her mother always did. After every calamity of any significance she would fill the atmosphere of the house with the smell of cinnamon rolls or brownies, or with chicken and dumplings, and it would mean, This house has a soul that loves us all, no matter what. It would mean peace if they had fought and amnesty if they had been in trouble. It had meant, You can come down to dinner now, and no one will say a thing to bother you, unless you have forgotten to wash your hands. And her father would offer the grace, inevitable with minor variations, thanking the Lord for all the wonderful faces he saw around his table."
Author: Marilynne Robinson
23. "If I'm going to have something rich and yummy, I'm not reaching for prepackaged brownies. I'm going to make a pie from scratch."
Author: Marisa Miller
24. "Do you want to hang out? At your place or something?" Hanging out with Jimmy Hailler will mean that I have to say hello to him every day. I'm not ready to say hello to him every day. Too much commitment. It's bad enough that I'm sharing chocolate brownies swith him. I shake my head. "Not today."
Author: Melina Marchetta
25. "While Leo fussed over his helm controls, Hazel and Frank relayed the story of the fish-centaurs and their training camp.'Incredible,' Jason said. 'These are really good brownies.''That's your only comment?' Piper demanded.He looked surprised. 'What? I heard the story. Fish-centaurs. Merpeople. Letter of intro to the Tiber River god. Got it. But these brownies--''I know,' Frank said, his mouth full. 'Try them with Ester's peach preserves.''That,' Hazel said, 'is incredibly disgusting.''Pass me the jar, man,' Jason said.Hazel and Piper exchanged a look of total exasperation. Boys."
Author: Rick Riordan
26. "Incredible," Jason said. "These are really good brownies.""That's your only comment?" Piper demanded.He looked surprised. "What? I heard the story. Fish-centaurs. Merpeople. Letter of intro to the Tiber River god. Got it. But these brownies—""I know," Frank said, his mouth full. "Try them with Esther's peach preserves.""That," Hazel said, "is incredibly disgusting.""Pass me the jar, man," Jason said.Hazel and Piper exchanged a look of total exasperation. Boys.Percy, for his part, wanted to hear every detail about the aquatic camp. He kept coming back to one point: "They didn't want to meet me?""It wasn't that," Hazel said. "Just…undersea politics, I guess. The merpeople are territorial. The good news is they're taking care of that aquarium in Atlanta. And they'll help protect the Argo II as we cross the Atlantic."Percy nodded absently. "But they didn't want to meet me?"Annabeth swatted his arm. "Come on, Seaweed Brain! We've got other things to worry about."
Author: Rick Riordan
27. "Around 7 years old, we girls took dancing lessons, joined the Brownies, the Girl Scouts, the 4H Club."
Author: Ruth Buzzi
28. "Have you been hitting the wine or my mother's brownies again?"
Author: Terri Herman Poncé
29. "You all watched a sketch about feminism and you didn't even know it because of all the jokes. It's like when Jessica Seinfeld puts spinach in kids' brownies. Suckers!"
Author: Tina Fey
Quotes About Brownies Pictures