Famous Quotes About Burning In Hell
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Burning In Hell.
Top Quotes About Burning In Hell
1. "Nathan was something that happened to us, as devastating in its way as the burning roof that fell on the family Mwanza; with our fate scarred by hell and brimstone we still had to track our course. And it happened finally by the grace of hell and brimstone that I had to keep moving. I moved, and he stood still."
Author: Barbara Kingsolver
2. "Regardless, you ask why Idid not greet you. Well, let us assume that I had acted as you suggest Ishould. Upon your approach, you would have had me gush over you?""Naturally.""You would have me point out how stunning you appear in that gown?""I wouldn't complain.""Mention how your dazzling eyes glisten in the fireworks like burningembers?""That would be nice.""Expound on how your lips are so perfectly red that they could leave anyman breathless with wonder, yet drive him compose the most brilliant ofpoetry each time he recalled the moment?""I'd be flattered for certain.""And you claim you want these reactions from me?""I do.""Well blast it, woman," Lightsong said, picking up his cup. "If I'mstunned, dazzled, and breathless, then how the hell am I supposed to greetyou? By definition, won't I be struck dumb?"She laughed. "Well, then, you've obviously found your tongue now.""Surprisingly, it was in my mouth," he said. "I always forget to checkthere."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
3. "I am not likeother people.I amburning in hell. the hell ofmyself."
Author: Charles Bukowski
4. "...in all the Kalahari Desert, only six true hunters remained. The renegades agreed to let Louis hang around, an offer he took to the extreme; once installed, Louis acted like an unemployed in-law, basically squatting with the Bushmen for the next four years...He learned to keep his campfire burning and tent zipped even on the most sweltering nights, since packs of hyenas were known to drag people from open shelters and tear out their throats. He leaned that if you stumble upon an angry lioness and her cubs, you stand tall and make her back down, but in the same situation with a rhino, you run like hell. (p. 234) Know why people run marathons? he said... Because running is rooted in our collective imagination, and our imagination is rooted in running. Language, art, science; space shuttles... intravascular surgery, they all had their roots in our ability to run. Running was the superpower that made us human- which means it's a superpower all humans possess. (p. 239)"
Author: Christopher McDougall
5. "I would not piss on him was he burning in the flames of hell," Grey said politely.One of Hal's brows flicked upward, but only momentarily."Just so," he said dryly. "The question, though, is whether Fraser might be inclined to perform a similar service for you."Grey placed his cup carefully in the center of the desk."Only if he thought I might drown," he said, and went out."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
6. "Oh, I'm burning! I wish I were out of doors! I wish I were a girl again, half savage and hardy, and free . . . and laughing at injuries, not maddening under them! Why am I so changed? Why does my blood rush into a hell of tumult at a few words? I'm sure I should be myself were I once among the heather on those hills. Open the window again wide: fasten it open!"
Author: Emily Brontë
7. "You are tired of being alone. You told me.""You don't know," he said in a low, almost hostile voice. He shook his head. "I don't even know whatI'm doing with you. You're not like anyone else who's in my life—" He stopped abruptly. "Did you everdrink too much wine,Alice ?" He held up the glass in his hand and waggled it idly, making the rubycontents swirl."I'm not one to overindulge.""No, you wouldn't be,Allow me to explain, then, that the more you drink, the more thirsty you become. Not all the wine in the world can assuage the thirst for water. Water. Wine makesyou merry, but a man needs water to keep him alive. Pure, clean, sweet water. I am parched,Alice , scorched like a wasteland, burninglike a damned soul in hell. I thirst."
Author: Gaelen Foley
8. "So, have a little fun. Soon enough you'll be dead and burning in Hell with the rest of your family."
Author: George Carlin
9. "With the palms zipping past and the big sun burning down on the road ahead, I had a flash of something I hadn't felt since my first months in Europe - a mixture of ignorance and a loose, "what the hell" kind of confidence that comes on a man when the wind picks up and he begins to move in a hard straight line toward an unknown horizon."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
10. "Random line from BURNING DARKNESS: Fonda Raine stepped out of the back end of a month in hell a hardened warrior, ready to undertake the most important task of her life: kill Eric Aruda."
Author: Jaime Rush
11. "I'm thinking that it will be autumn soon," she said, lifting her gaze to his. "Autumn is my absolute favorite season. Spring is overrated. It's soggy and the trees are still bare from winter. Winter drags on and on, and summer is nice, but it's all the same. Autumn is different. I mean, is there any perfume in the world that can compare with the smell of burning leaves?" she asked with an engaging smile. Matt thought she smelled a hell of a lot better than burning leaves, but he let her continue. "Autumn —is thexincgitsinagrechanging. It's like dusk." "Dusk?""Dusk is my favorite time of day, for the same reason. When I was young, I used to walk down our driveway at dusk in the summer and stand at the fence, watching all the cars going by with their headlights on. Everyone had a place to go, something to do. The night was just beginning ..." She trailed off in embarrassment. "That must sound incredibly silly.""It sounds incredibly lonely."
Author: Judith McNaught
12. "Well?" she teased in turn. "What do you think?"The gray eyes that finally lifted to hers were flaming, but instead of answering, he flicked his burning gaze down her length again. He hesitated, and then said abruptly, "I think that the dress fits you perfectly."Lauren burst out laughing. "Don't ever let anyone tell you that you have a way with flattery, because you don't.""Is that right?" he mocked, his eyes challenging. "In that case, I'll you exactly what I think: I think that you're exquisitely lovely, and that you have the fascinating ability to look like an extremely sexy, sophisticated young woman and an utterly angelic girl at one and the same time. And I wish to hell that we weren't trapped here with a hundred other people for the next few hours, because whenever I look at you I become...uncomfortably eager...to find out how you're going to feel in my arms tonight."
Author: Judith McNaught
13. "The entire time I'm burning in Hell, I'll regret each tear I made you weep. But if Hell were the price for twenty days with you, I'd condemn myself again and again. - Cian MacKeltar"
Author: Karen Marie Moning
14. "Baby, no one would ever make the mistake of using the word ugly with you. Especially with me around." He pushed the curls off my face, his fingers leaving a burning trail. "Everything about you is beautiful and sexy as hell."
Author: Katie McGarry
15. "The street is no longer measured by meters but by corpses ... Stalingrad is no longer a town. By day it is an enormous cloud of burning, blinding smoke; it is a vast furnace lit by the reflection of the flames. And when night arrives, one of those scorching howling bleeding nights, the dogs plunge into the Volga and swim desperately to gain the other bank. The nights of Stalingrad are a terror for them. Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones cannot bear it for long; only men endure."
Author: Max Hastings
16. "These people who expect to be saints in heaven, though they were not on Earth, have ignored the wisdom of the founders of the great religions. This wisdom is that the kingdom of heaven is within you and that you do not go to heaven unless you are already in it. The magic must be wrought by you and you alone. God has no fairy wand to tap the pig and turn it into a swan.People ignore this. And those who believe in sinners burning in hell are, perhaps, not so much concerned with going to heaven as with being sure that sinners-–others-–roast forever in the flames."
Author: Philip José Farmer
17. "Your not growing up, Your just burning out.Get up and find your self out of Hell."
Author: Redzel Romulo
18. "I'm back in the basement of the Ascension Catholic Church, Francisco. And Little Suzie is here. She's lying on an alter, and they're hurting her. The bastards. They're hurting her. There is blood all over the place. There are candles burning and people chanting." I could hardly believe what I was seeing and I cried out, "What is this? I don't understand. What the hell is this?""Ask your unconscious mind to tell you, Suzie," he responded, ever so gently. "Ask."I did ask. And the answer swept over me with a force so strong that I felt as if I had been knocked backward."Lord! Oh, Lord. This is satanic ritual abuse, Francisco. That's what this is! That's what this is!" I screamed. "Satanic ritual abuse. And they're using Little Suzie as part of their goddamned ritual.p150"
Author: Suzie Burke
19. "The human mind is so limited it can only build an arbitrary heaven — and usually the physical comforts they endow it with are naively the kind that can be perceived as we humans perceive — nothing more. No: perhaps I will awake to find myself burning in hell. I think not. I think I will be snuffed out. Black is sleep; black is a fainting spell; and black is death, with no light, no waking."
Author: Sylvia Plath
20. "Fire, loveliest of the four elements of the world, and yet an element too in Hell. While it burned adoringly in the core of the Temple, it had also scorched the life from a city, this night, and spewed its venom over the land. How strange of God to speak from a burning bush, and of Man to make a symbol of Heaven into a symbol of Hell."
Author: Walter M. Miller Jr.
Quotes About Burning In Hell Pictures