Famous Quotes About Bush
Browse 795 famous quotes and sayings about Bush.
Top Quotes About Bush
1. "You tell me one other person that graduated from Yale that is as inarticulate as Bush. Yale's a great school, and here's this idiot."
Author: Al Jourgensen
2. "The shade melted away as the sun climbed into its zenith. All colors were now covered in stone dust. The only vigorous activity came from the bushes, where cicada songs pulsed like alien hearts."
Author: Aleksandr Voinov
3. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, often violently, just like love."
Author: Andrew Davidson
4. "Let my heiress have full rights,Live in my house, sing songs that I composed.Yet how slowly my strength ebbs,How the tortured breast craves air.The love of my friends, my enemies' rancorAnd the yellow roses in my bushy garden,And a lover's burning tenderness?all thisI bestow upon you, messenger of dawn.Also the glory for which I was born,For which my star, like some whirlwind, soaredAnd now falls. Look, its fallingProphesies your power, love and inspiration.Preserving my generous bequest,You will live long and worthily.Thus it will be. You see, I am content,Be happy, but remember me."
Author: Anna Akhmatova
5. "I saw George Bush at a benefit concert actually waving at Stevie Wonder. Someone had to tell him 'he can't see you'."
Author: Anne Robinson
6. "George W. Bush will have to come to the UN and admit that he was wrong."
Author: Bianca Jagger
7. "A bird in hand is a certainty. But a bird in the bush may sing."
Author: Bret Harte
8. "I promise not to hurt you, unless you try to take my shit. Then I'll twist your head off and hide it in a bush somewhere."
Author: Cedric Nye
9. "He's a man [George W. Bush] who is lucky to be governor of Texas. He is a man who is unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated, and apparently quite proud of all these things."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
10. "It now becomes clear why the Bush Administration has been vigorously opposing congressional hearings. The Bush Administration has been engaged in a conspiracy of silence."
Author: Cynthia McKinney
11. "...the moment you begin to believe you're worthy of the good things in your life - God gets all Old Testament on your ass and does something vicious, something insane, something totally uncalled for. He gives you lupus or He allows Satan to slaughter your children and cattle or He delivers Ohio to George W. Bush."
Author: Dan Savage
12. "In 1933, it was in Franklin Roosevelt's political interest to tell Americans the greatest danger was "fear itself." Seventy years later, it was in George W. Bush's political interest to do the opposite: The White House got the support it needed for invading Iraq by stoking public fears of terrorism and connecting those fears to Iraq."
Author: Daniel Gardner
13. "Bill and Hillary Clinton have one central idea in their uncluttered, ambitious minds: Hillary in 2008. Let Bush get re-elected, use the '04 primaries and general election to clean out the underbrush of competing Democratic candidates, and proceed unimpeded to the '08 nomination."
Author: Dick Morris
14. "They're sheep. They like Bush enough to credit him with saving the nation after 9/11. Three thousand people get killed, and everybody thinks they're next on the list. The president comes along, and he's got his six-guns strapped on, and people think he's going to save them."
Author: Ed Asner
15. "Bush does not want to go down in history as the president who lost in Iraq. His strategy to the extent he has one is to hang tough and let whoever succeeds him take the fall."
Author: Eleanor Clift
16. "Going to Europe as a budding cook opened my eyes to food in a different way. When I got to Italy, the first thing I did was put my little basil plants in the ground and watch them turn into big, healthy bushes."
Author: Frances Mayes
17. "We were soon free of the woods and bushes, and fairly upon the broad prairie."
Author: Francis Parkman
18. "If it please you, the lady's name again?" says Reginald. His quill is poised. If God had come to Reginald and not to Moses in the burning bush, he would have asked him how to spell the great I AM so he'd be sure he had it right."
Author: Frederick Buechner
19. "It's about the power of design and the power of the human spirit. It's above paying anybody to do something stupid for money like reality television does - like ambushing people."
Author: Genevieve Gorder
20. "Little Bush says we are at war, but we are not at war because to beat war Congress has to vote for it. He says we are at war on terror,but that is a metaphor, though I doubt if he knows what that means.It's like having a war on dandruff, it's endless and pointless."
Author: Gore Vidal
21. "Bush looked straight into the camera and said 'We must preserve the sanctity of marriage!' You know, straight people are doing such a fucking great job."
Author: Greg Proops
22. "Anyone who still supports George Bush would still let Michael Jackson babysit their kids."
Author: Hal Sparks
23. "And again that big, bushy thing of hers worked its bloom and magic. It began to have an independent existence for me too. There was Germaine and there was that rose bush of hers.. I liked them separately and I liked them together."
Author: Henry Miller
24. "The word abide is much more straightforward than that. The Greek word meno means literally "to make your home in." When we "make our home in" His love—feeling it, saturating ourselves with it, reflecting on it, standing in awe of it—spiritual fruit begins to spring up naturally from us like roses on a rosebush."
Author: J.D. Greear
25. "There is no way any rational, reasonable person can saythat the Bush Administration has been good for America."
Author: Janeane Garofalo
26. "...it's not what people do, it's what they don't tell you they do. That's what hurts. That's what you think about when the television signs off and you're still bright-eyed and bushy-tailed."
Author: Jerry Stahl
27. "Not surprisingly, some of the super-rich declined to join the Patriotic Millionaires when the Agenda Project reached out to them. At least two airily dismissed the Bush tax cuts for millionaires and above - which will cost well over $700 billion over the coming decade - as small potatoes."
Author: Joe Conason
28. "My argument has always been that this is not an anti-Bush film, it's a pro-democracy film. And if Bush comes out on the wrong side of democracy, that's his problem."
Author: John Sayles
29. "Have you seen Frances?"He tilted his head to the right. "I believe she's off rooting about in the bushes."Anne followed his gaze uneasily."Rooting?""She told me she was practicing for the next play."Anne blinked at him, not following."For when she gets to be a unicorn.""Oh, of course." She chuckled. "She is rather tenacious, that one."
Author: Julia Quinn
30. "With the NDAA, his failure to close Guantanamo Bay and the ramping use of drones, President Obama looks suspiciously like President Bush, a man on a quest for American Empire."
Author: Justin Sane
31. "He was decisive and wholehearted in everything he did, so intent non the task at hand that he never looked over his shoulder, even if his cloak got caught in a thorny bush. When he did turn to speak to somebody, he used to swing his entire body and dress him full face. When he shook hands, he was never the first to withdraw his own. He inspired such confidence that he was known as al-Amin, the Reliable One."
Author: Karen Armstrong
32. "I'm also working with Mrs. Bush on some education projects in Afghanistan, so I get to see her a great deal."
Author: Karen Hughes
33. "My mother says we're supposed to make mistakes. That's the way we learn." Rocky Ryan in Bully At Ambush Corner."
Author: Karen Mueller Coombs
34. "HERE IS HOW Billy Pilgrim lost his wife, Valencia. He was unconscious in the hospital in Vermont, after the airplane crashed on Sugarbush Mountain, and Valencia, having heard about the crash, was driving from Ilium to the hospital in the family Cadillac El Dorado Coupe de Ville. Valencia was hysterical, because she had been told frankly that Billy might die,"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
35. "I had supported Governor George W. Bush over Senator John McCain in the 2000 Rhode Island presidential primary."
Author: Lincoln Chafee
36. "President Bush has had an outstanding Secretary of State in Colin Powell and there are not many people who could replace him, making Condoleezza Rice an excellent choice."
Author: Michael Crapo
37. "Irma, she said. But I had started to walk away. I heard her say some more things but by then I had yanked my skirt up and was running down the road away from her and begging the wind to obliterate her voice. She wanted to live with me. She missed me. She wanted me to come back home. She wanted to run away. She was yelling all this stuff and I wanted so badly for her to shut up. She was quiet for a second and I stopped running and turned around once to look at her. She was a thimble-sized girl on the road, a speck of a living thing. Her white-blond hair flew around her head like a small fire and it was all I could see because everything else about her blended in with the countryside. He offered you a what? she yelled. An espresso! I yelled back. It was like yelling at a shorting wire or a burning bush. What is it? she said. Coffee! I yelled. Irma, can I come and live--I turned around again and began to run."
Author: Miriam Toews
38. "Bush began helping Enron in the eighties."
Author: Paul Begala
39. "His laugh and his voice were both pleasant. He talked the way New Yorkers used to talk before they learned to talk Flatbush."
Author: Raymond Chandler
40. "Seth's quote from his book:"And if I only couldI'd make a deal with God and I'd get Him to swap our places"-"Running up that Hill" by Kate Bush"
Author: Richelle Mead
41. "I think the Bush Administration had basically inherited a policy toward Iraq from the Reagan/Bush Administration that saw Iraq as a kind of fire wall against Iranian fundamentalism. And as it developed over the 1980s, it became a real political run-a-muck... even though the Iraqis were known to be harboring Palestinian terrorists."
Author: Rick Atkinson
42. "In searching for a rationale to go to war, Bush settled on the notion of Saddam as an incarnation of evil, basically, and convinced himself that Saddam was fundamentally Adolf Hitler reborn. I think his feelings towards Saddam were in fact quite genuine and quite legitimately hostile. He was not play acting."
Author: Rick Atkinson
43. "Annabeth and I were relaxing on the Great Lawn in Central Park when she ambushed me with a question."You forgot, didn't you?"I went into red-alert mode. It's easy to panic when you're a new boyfriend. Sure, I'd fought monsters with Annabeth for years. Together we'd faced the wrath of the gods. We'd battled Titans and calmly faced death a dozen times. But now that we were dating, one frown from her and I freaked. What had I done wrong?I mentally reviewed the picnic list: Comfy blanket? Check. Annabeth's favorite pizza with extra olives? Check. Chocolate toffee from La Maison du Chocolat? Check. Chilled sparkling water with twist of lemon? Check. Weapons in case of sudden Greek mythological apocalypse? Check.So what had I forgotten?I was tempted (briefly) to bluff my way through. Two things stopped me. First, I didn't want to lie to Annabeth. Second, she was too smart. She'd see right through me.So I did what I do best. I stared at her blankly and acted dumb."
Author: Rick Riordan
44. "My father didn't know George W. Bush from Adam."
Author: Ron Reagan
45. "I've criticized President Bush for his failure to use his veto pen. There's plenty of blame to go around. The question is how to solve problems. It's not bailouts. What made America great? Free markets, free enterprise, manufacturing, job creation. That's how we're gonna do it, not by enlarging government."
Author: Scott Brown
46. "22 million new jobs under President Clinton. 3 million lost under Bush."
Author: Sidney Blumenthal
47. "A bird in The Strand is worth two in Shepherds Bush"
Author: Spike Milligan
48. "He had come to believe that life was a series of ironic ambushes.- Doctor Sleep"
Author: Stephen King
49. "Bravery without forethought, causes a man to fight blindly and desperately like a mad bull. Such an opponent, must not be encountered with brute force, but may be lured into an ambush and slain."
Author: Sun Tzu
50. "Most of the writers I know work every day, in obscurity and close to poverty, trying to say one thing well and true. Day in, day out, they labor to find their voice, to learn their trade, to understand nuance and pace. And then, facing a sea of rejections, they hear about something like Barbara Bush's dog getting a book deal."
Author: Timothy Egan
Quotes About Bush Pictures