Famous Quotes About Busters
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Busters.
Top Quotes About Busters
1. "I find that 'Ghostbusters' and 'Alien' actually have a lot in common in that they're both so naturalistic in the performances. It feels like people you could be hanging out with right now in this room, yet they're on a spaceship or killing ghosts. But the way they talk is never heightened or otherwordly."
Author: Akiva Schaffer
2. "I'm of course disillusioned with what has happened to World cinema. Now cinemas in both Eastern and Western Europe are filled with the same blockbusters from Hollywood."
Author: Alexander Walker
3. "A funny thing happens in real estate. When it comes back, it comes back up like gangbusters."
Author: Barbara Corcoran
4. "Medium clever," Simon acknowledged. "Like a cross between George Clooney in Ocean's Eleven and those MythBusters guys, but, you know, better-looking.""I'm always so glad I have no idea what you're vacantly chattering about," said Jace. "It fills me with a sense of peace and well-being."
Author: Cassandra Clare
5. "Often when you get a really good script, and you receive the new pages, you see that the entire thing has been dumbed down. Films in the '30s and '40s, that were huge blockbusters, were very sophisticated in their language, and the ideas they brought. There were no questions about whether the audience would get it or not."
Author: Connie Nielsen
6. "In an era of mass media, it is easy to believe that the more eyeballs, the more impact. But radio, television, and tracts accounted for a combined total of less than one-half of 1% of the Busters who are born again."
Author: David Kinnaman
7. "Not only is it a wholly remarkable book, it is also a highly successful one – more popular than the Celestial Home Care Omnibus, better selling than Fifty-three More Things to do in Zero Gravity, and more controversial than Oolon Colluphid's trilogy of philosophical blockbusters Where God Went Wrong, Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes and Who is this God Person Anyway?In many of the more relaxed civilizations on the Outer Eastern Rim of the Galaxy, the Hitch-Hiker's Guide has already supplanted the great Encyclopaedia Galactica as the standard repository of all knowledge and wisdom, for though it has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly inaccurate, it scores over the older, more pedestrian work in two important respects.First, it is slightly cheaper; and secondly it has the words DON'T PANIC inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover."
Author: Douglas Adams
8. "I turned down the opportunity to be in some films that went on to be blockbusters."
Author: Elizabeth McGovern
9. "Filibusters should require 35 senators to... make a commitment to continually debate an issue in reality, not just in theory. The number of votes needed to overcome a filibuster should be reduced to 55 from 60."
Author: Evan Bayh
10. "In the pie chart of my brain growing up, there's a huge slice for 'Ghostbusters.'"
Author: Evan Goldberg
11. "Before the nineteen-seventies, most Republicans in Washington accepted the institutions of the welfare state, and most Democrats agreed with the logic of the Cold War. Despite the passions over various issues, government functioned pretty well. Legislators routinely crossed party lines when they voted, and when they drank; filibusters in the Senate were reserved for the biggest bills; think tanks produced independent research, not partisan talking points. The "D." or "R." after a politician's name did not tell you what he thought about everything, or everything you thought about him."
Author: George Packer
12. "I think Junior is certainly a science fiction premise as is Twins, as is Dave, beyond Ghostbusters."
Author: Ivan Reitman
13. "It's been about 15 years, and I've never really worked seriously in CGI and I thought that here was an opportunity to do the kinds of things that I was not able to do on Ghostbusters."
Author: Ivan Reitman
14. "I have one of the original 'Ghostbusters' guns in my house."
Author: Jason Reitman
15. "One of the more noble things the Oscars can do is pay attention to movies no one knows about. Blockbusters don't need much help."
Author: Jeff Daniels
16. "Oh shit did you just dis the feminine genderI'll pummel your ass then stick you in a blenderYou think I like Tori and Ani so I can't rhymeBut I got flow like Ghostbusters got slimeObjectify women and it's fuckin' onYou'll be dead and gone like ancient Babylon."
Author: John Green
17. "I think Paul Newman had an amazing career. I also love what Tom Hanks has done. He has always made very grounded movies that have something to say. He has found a way to make blockbusters that are about something and that is what I want to do."
Author: Josh Duhamel
18. "As far as acting in films, there is not much out there that is very interesting to do. The ones that are interesting to me are independent films and they have trouble raising money. With people putting their money into blockbusters, there is not much left for the independents."
Author: Karen Allen
19. "I teach at USC. I have a big class of 360 kids, only about a fifth of whom are film majors. I don't just show the Hollywood blockbusters. I show independent films, foreign films, documentaries."
Author: Leonard Maltin
20. "After I watched 'The Exorcist' I refused to watch any other movie that had anything to do with ghosts or demons. I didn't even watch 'Ghostbusters' until I was much older."
Author: Oren Peli
21. "I like serious films, the moneymaking blockbusters that don't make any kind of sense and John Carpenter films."
Author: Pam Grier
22. "Just who are you planning to call? Ghostbusters?"
Author: Rachel Caine
23. "He tried not to love that she could recite scenes from Ghostbusters, that she liked kung fu movies and could name all of the original X-Men— because those seemed like reasons a guy would fall for a girl in a Kevin Smith movie."
Author: Rainbow Rowell
24. "'Adbusters' is my favourite reading material, so as soon as you go there, the synapses start firing in a different way. You start taking on things that sometimes I feel are out of our control. That's what basically fuels my creative side."
Author: Raine Maida
25. "Yeah, you know, you like it to come on like gangbusters, but you get into passages that are very interesting and subtle, and sometimes your original intent changes quite a bit."
Author: Roy Lichtenstein
26. "I've found myself moved by letters and diaries in archives as well as trashy, summer blockbusters. It's possible to make a connection with any kind of writing - as long as the writing is good."
Author: Sara Sheridan
27. "Well, look at all of these summer blockbusters. You can't help but laugh a little, because you've already seen a lot of these movies 482 times."
Author: Sean Penn
Quotes About Busters Pictures