Famous Quotes About Bye Bye
Browse 89 famous quotes and sayings about Bye Bye.
Top Quotes About Bye Bye
1. "I knew something as I watched almost everyone was saying goodbye to me. I was becoming one of many little girl-losts. They would go back to their homes and put me to rest, a letter from the past never reopened or reread. And I could say goodbye to them, wish them well, bless them somehow for their good thoughts. A handshake in the street, a dropped item picked up and retrieved and handed back, or a friendly wave from a distant window, a nod, a smile, a moment when the eyes lock over the antics of a child."
Author: Alice Sebold
2. "He deserves to know how he impacted your life. He gave you a gift. You know what it feels like to love someone. That doesn't come along every day, at least not the real kind. You need to go thank him for that before you have to say goodbye. Everyone deserves a thank you and goodbye."
Author: Alison G. Bailey
3. "Cause i really always knew that my little crime would be cold thats why i got heater for your thighs and i know i know its not your time but bye bye and word to the wise when the fire dies you think its over but its just begun"
Author: Avenged Sevenfold
4. "Don't cry, Mary," Eden croaked. "I didn't mean to make you cry." My lip quivered as I softly replied, "You're dying. How could I not cry?"I didn't hear Lucas walk up behind me, but he put his hand on my shoulder for comfort. I sniffed back tears as I looked at my aunt lying helplessly in the hospital bed. I took in a sharp breath as Eden's glassy eyes searched mine."I love you," Eden said weakly, coughing into her shaking hand. "I love you, too," I whispered. "But this isn't goodbye. Don't say goodbye," I pleaded."
Author: Barbara C. Doyle
5. "Gather the stars if you wish it soGather the songs and keep them.Gather the faces of women.Gather for keeping years and years.And then...Loosen your hands, let go and say good-bye.Let the stars and songs go.Let the faces and years go.Loosen your hands and say good-bye."
Author: Carl Sandburg
6. "Bye, bye butterfly."
Author: Celia Mcmahon
7. "Too many years fighting back tears. Why can't the past just die? Wishing you were somehow here again, knowing we must say goodbye. Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try! No more memories, no more silent tears, no more gazing across the wasted years. Help me say goodbye."
Author: Charles Hart
8. "I said goodbye againsucking up all that was left of her into thelittle that was left ofme. I said, 'don't look for me again. fuck it.we are all lost. goodbye, goodbye."
Author: Charles Bukowski
9. "Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos."
Author: Charles M. Schulz
10. "Jenkins tried to say goodbye, but he could not say goodbye. If he could only weep, he thought, but robots could not weep."
Author: Clifford D. Simak
11. "But yeah, I played bass guitar in high school and in college and then I actually fractured my thumb, so my bass career went bye-bye."
Author: Colin Hanks
12. "And we will be ready, at the end of every day will be ready, will not say no to anything, will try to stay awake while everyone is sleeping, will not sleep, will make the shoes with the elves, will breathe deeply all the time, breathe in all the air full of glass and nails and blood, will breathe it and drink it, so rich, so when it comes we will not be angry, will be content, tired enough to go, gratefully, will shake hands with everyone, bye, bye, and then pack a bag, some snacks, and go to the volcano."
Author: Dave Eggers
13. "I do not say 'good-bye.' i believe that's one of the bullshittiest words ever invented. it's not like you're given the choice to say 'bad-bye' or 'awful-bye' or 'couldn't-care-less-about-you-bye.' every time you leave, it's supposed to be a good one. well, i don't believe in that. i believe against that."
Author: David Levithan
14. "Now I know who you areU got nothin' on me, I seeI should've known it from the startYou can't tell me liesDon't even try cuzThis is goodbyeGoodbye"
Author: Demi Lovato
15. "Wherever I go, I'll always see you. You'll always be with me. And there's no happy ending coming here, no way a story that started on a night that's burned into my heart will end the way I wish it could. You're really gone, no last words, and no matter how many letters I write to you, you're never going to reply. You're never going to say good-bye. So I will. Good-bye, Julia. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for being you."
Author: Elizabeth Scott
16. "Be kind to one another. Bye, bye."
Author: Ellen DeGeneres
17. "It's time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I'd much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure."
Author: Ernie Harwell
18. "When friends speak overmuch of times gone by, often it's because they sense their present time is turning them from friends to strangers. Long before the moment came to say goodbye, I think, we said goodbye in other words and ways and silences. Then when the moment came for it at last, we didn't say it as should be said by friends. So now at last, dear Mouse, with many, many years between: goodbye."
Author: Frederick Buechner
19. "The maid told him that a girl and a child had come looking for him, but since she didn't know them, she hadn't cared to ask them in, and had told them to go on to Mers."Why didn't you let them in?" asked Germain angrily. "People must be very suspicious in this part of the world, if they won't open the front door to a neighbor.""Well, naturally!" replied the maid. "In a house as rich as this, you have to keep a close watch on things. While the master's away I'm responsible for everything, and I can't just open the door to anyone at all.""That's a mean way to live," said Germain; "I'd rather be poor than live in fear like that. Good-bye to you, miss, and good-bye to this horrible country of yours!"
Author: George Sand
20. "Well, I learned to cook. At my age," she told him. "What's next? Art therapy? Anyway, I've had quite a time of it this summer, and who knows what eases down on any road. Come, Rain. A quick goodbye, and off you go." "Goodbye," said Rain to the Lion, and then to the woman. "Not to them," said Glinda, "To me."She turned eyes that were saucerly upon Glinda. "Mum?"
Author: Gregory Maguire
21. "Came to . . . see you.""But I had to go home, remember? You were supposed to say good-bye.""Don't know why you . . . say good-bye. I say . . . hello."Her lip quivers between reactions, but she ends up with a reluctant smile. "God you're a cheeseball. But seriously, R—"
Author: Isaac Marion
22. "Emmanuelson said good-bye to me; he started to walk, and then came back and said good-bye once more. I sat in the car and watched him, and I think that as he went he was pleased to have a spectator. I believe that the dramatic instinct within him was so strong that he was at this moment vividly aware of being leaving the stage, of disappearing, as if he had, with the eyes of his audience, seen himself go. Exit Emmanuelson. Should not the hills, the thorn-trees and the dusty road take pity and for a second put on the aspect of cardboard?"
Author: Isak Dinesen
23. "Never say good-bye because saying good-bye means going away and going away means forgetting."
Author: J.M. Barrie
24. "Bye-bye, Elan. P.S., Next time you implicate someone falsely, try to pick a pacifist."
Author: J.R. Ward
25. "His eyes were a warm brown, gentle but intense. "You know...I never gave you a good-bye kiss."It was hard to breathe. "Oh. That's right.""I was supposed to do that so you wouldn't be lying." ...He leaned toward me gradually, as though giving me time to change my mind. I shut my eyes and let his lips come down on mine. Hudson wasn't in a hurry to say good-bye. The kiss was slow, caressing. All the bumps of the road and the sway of the carriage seemed to fade away, replaced by the beating of my heart. I didn't remember putting my free hand around his neck, but it was there somehow, twining through his hair. His arm moved from the back of the seat to my shoulders. I liked the feel of his arm around me. I felt enveloped, cared for. When he lifted his head from mine, my mind was spinning. I blinked at him. "Well, you certainly have a way with good-byes."
Author: Janette Rallison
26. "I would say goodbye, but it's just too long. The sooner she's gone the better, so I'll just say bye."
Author: Jarod Kintz
27. "Smiling is the way the soul says hello. Obviously a frown means goodbye. Is there a word halfway between hello and goodbye? Because that's what my soul is saying right now."
Author: Jarod Kintz
28. "The Italians say "Chow." To them it means "Bye," but to me it means food. Of the greetings, goodbye is the desert."
Author: Jarod Kintz
29. "What do you want Phoenix?""I'm going away for a while. I wanted to say goodbye." He smiled, but it was empty. There was nothing there."Fine, goodbye."
Author: Jessica Shirvington
30. "In 1957, 'West Side Story' had introduced the musical to the reckless dark side of teen-age life; 'Bye Bye Birdie,' set in Sweet Apple, Ohio, where the citizens apparently dress mostly in chartreuse, mauve, orange, periwinkle, and turquoise, was a walk on the bright side."
Author: John Lahr
31. "[S]o if the device of the person in the ambulance detected the device of the person he loved the most, or the person who loved him the most, and the person in the ambulance was really badly hurt, and might even die, the ambulance could flash GOODBYE! I LOVE YOU! GOODBYE! I LOVE YOU!"
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
32. "There on the sofa, as I nursed Maxie and her eyes slid closed, I said to the girls, ‘I think nursing is where kisses come from.' I had been thinking about it. Nursing had to be the place where nurturing and sweet milk and soft skin and mouths and warmth all came together and started to mean something about love. I had always assumed kissing was a learned thing, like waving bye-bye or speaking a language. But since Maxie, I'd decided that it was innate, the adult version of something we know to do from the moment we're born. All of it tied together in the cycle of life."
Author: Katherine Center
33. "I've done goodbyes before, and I can do this one, too. Somehow this one hurts worse than the others; because this one I could prevent if I wanted to, since I'm the one saying it. This goodbye comes with a choice the way none of the others did."
Author: Katja Millay
34. "Say goodbye to your mom."Scottie pauses, then keeps going."Scottie.""Bye!" she yells.I grab her arm. I could yell at her for wanting to leave, but I don't. She pulls her arm out of my grasp. I look up to see if anyone is watching us, because I don't think you're supposed to aggressively hold children these days. Gone are the days of spanking, threats, and sugar. Now there are therapy, antidepressants, and Splenda."
Author: Kaui Hart Hemmings
35. "This was goodbye. The best, longest, sexiest goodbye kiss ever…"
Author: Kitty French
36. "Will you do me a favor Matt?" "Anything." "This is easy. Just repeat after me. ‘It was nice talking to you Hanna. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight.' " I gave her an incredulous look. :Don't give me that look. I'm trying to teach you this mysterious skill, one that you seem to lack. It's called how to say goodbye." I smiled and rubbed the back of my neck. "What are you grinning at?" she said. "I never want to," I said. "What? Never want to what?" "I never want to learn how to say goodbye." I closed Skype and then closed my eyes, laughing into the silence of my apartment."
Author: M. Pierce
37. "One thousand ways to say good-byeOne thousands ways to cryOne thousand ways to hang your hat before you go outsideI say good-bye good-bye good-byeI shout it out so loudCause the next time that I find my voice I might not remember how."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
38. "You had me at HelloYou had me at hello, but now it's time to say goodbye.Whilst my lungs draw breath and my heart beats a steady beat, beside me, for you there will always be a seat.You my special friend brought laughter and smiles that knew no end.Although physically you may be gone, my memories of you will live on and on.I know within my soul once again that we shall meet and when we do,that seat is still reserved especially for you.You had me at hello, for now my friend I say goodbye."
Author: Michael Tianias
39. "We have to be what we are, so we don't have to present a false image. If you love me the way I am, "Okay, take me." If you don't love me the way I am, "Okay, bye-bye. Find someone else." It may sound harsh, but this kind of communication means the personal agreements we make with others are clear and impeccable."
Author: Miguel Ruiz
40. "Will you date me when I ask you out? it asked.Yes.Even if I'm ugly and you don't like my personality?Yes.No, you won't.I will!You're just saying that because you're in a hurry.Well, it won't be my fault if I miss the bus.Goodbye, sweetness.Bye! Where's my backpack?It's on the counter.Oh. Bye!"
Author: Miranda July
41. "Why does that kid think so highly of himself?""Kids that think they're so smart.They're everywhere! Destroy is self-esteem!""Yes...I really do think highly of myself.People like me should get a taste of the ups and downs of life! Sorry I'm so envious.I will reflect upon this. Please don't be angry."Ah..um..""There, I said it now. Are you satisfied?" ........"Bye bye!"Beat him.....Beat him until he reaches heaven...!!! -random people and Hiro-chan"
Author: Natsuki Takaya
42. "Bye-bye. I'm off on a journey to the real world. 'Cause within this meta-reality what's real is this - my death."
Author: Natsuo Kirino
43. "I looked round the place. The moment of parting had come. I felt sad. The whole thing reminded me of one of those melodramas where they drive chappies out of the old homestead into the snow.'Good-bye, Jeeves,' I said.'Good-bye, sir.'And I staggered out."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
44. "Good-bye, Mrs Bartholemew," said tom, shaking hands with stiff politeness; "and thank you very much for having me.""I shall look forward to our meeting again," said Mrs Bartholemew, equally primly. Tom went slowly down the attic stairs. Then, at the bottom, he hesitated: he turned impulsively and ran up again - two at a time - to where Hatty Bartholemew still stood...Afterwards, Aunt Gwen tried to describe to her husband that second parting between them. "He ran up to her, and they hugged each other as if they had known each other for years and years, instead of only having met for the first time this morning. There was something else, too, Alan, although I know you'll say it sounds even more absurd...Of course, Mrs Bartholemew's such a shrunken little old woman, she's hardly bigger than Tom; anyway: but, you know, he put his arms right round her and he hugged her good-bye as if she were a little girl."
Author: Philippa Pearce
45. "Here comes goodbye, here comes the last timeHere comes the start of every sleepless nightThe first of every tear Im gonna cryHere comes the pain, Here comes me wishing things had never changedAnd she was right here in my arms tonight, but here comes goodbye"
Author: Rascal Flatts
46. "Scott walked away and did not look back. They knew Maggie would try to follow him, and she did. In her world, they were a pack, and the pack stayed together.Maggie whined and barked, and he heard her claws scrape the tarmac like files. Budress had cautioned him not to look back or wave bye-bye or any of the silly things people did. Dogs weren't people. Eye contact would make her struggle harder to reach him. A dog could see your heart in your eyes, Budress told him, and dogs were drawn to our hearts."
Author: Robert Crais
47. "Would Alona be gone before I even got a chance to say good-bye? A real good-bye? One last kiss and the chance to tell her that she'd made my life better even as she'd made me crazy? That we were better together than I would ever be by myself, but that because of her, I would be okay? Not great, but okay, and I owed that all to her? No. I needed to see her one last time."
Author: Stacey Kade
48. "But before she could fend him off, Ethan pressed her back against the dryer and closed his mouth over hers. It wasn't a soft getting-reacquainted kiss, but it didn't feel like a kiss good-bye, either; it was fevered. His lips were scalding hot, and his grip unyielding. She couldn't break away if she wanted to. Only when he lifted her onto the dryer did she get hold of herself. Taking a big gulp of air, she gasped. "I thought we were kissing good-bye?""We are. I just want to make a thorough job of it," he said, kissing her again."
Author: Stephanie Draven
49. "Pack up all my care and woe, blackbird, bye-bye"
Author: Stephen King
50. "Goodbye, I say, goodbye, as I disappear little by little into the middle of the middle of my own spectacular now"
Author: Tim Tharp
Quotes About Bye Bye Pictures