Famous Quotes About Canadian
Browse 209 famous quotes and sayings about Canadian.
Top Quotes About Canadian
1. "He had a voice you couldn't miss: strong and penetrating with strange vowels that sounded different from the accents of other English speakers even to me. I later discovered that he was Canadian."
Author: Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. "I was born in Israel, to Canadian parents. My father immigrated in 1948, part of a wave of young men and women who came as pioneers, to fight for a Jewish homeland. Their motive was in large part a reaction to the Holocaust, and their slogan was 'Never Again.'"
Author: Ayelet Waldman
3. "Canadian hockey fans... They boo me every time I go anywhere. Because I play for Team USA."
Author: Brett Hull
4. "Canadians are the best, they're the best."
Author: Brody Jenner
5. "Yeah, we're sweet but savage, and I think a lot of Canadians are that way."
Author: Bruce McCulloch
6. "You hear stories like that of Canadians trying to get in, but when you go back home, you don't expect that."
Author: Caroline Dhavernas
7. "Many people object to "wasting money in space" yet have no idea how much is actually spent on space exploration. The CSA's budget, for instance, is less than the amount Canadians spend on Halloween candy every year, and most of it goes toward things like developing telecommunications satellites and radar systems to provide data for weather and air quality forecasts, environmental monitoring and climate change studies. Similarly, NASA's budget is not spent in space but right here on Earth, where it's invested in American businesses and universities, and where it also pays dividends, creating new jobs, new technologies and even whole new industries."
Author: Chris Hadfield
8. "It 's the time of year when Canadians mate."
Author: Craig Ferguson
9. "It's appealing to imagine that if we can just get that one thing in our life to work out-- [...] that everything will be solved, absolved, good to go for good. I slipped into that way of thinking way too often, I admitted to Missy, even though I knew that sometimes in life all of a sudden there you were--standing with your Technics turntables just across the Canadian border, and you're not a new you, you're just you, but in Canada."
Author: Davy Rothbart
10. "The Canadian run can be no different, at least in terms of actual running."
Author: Dennis Banks
11. "The Canadian circle in L.A. is really close. There's a magnet effect where we all just huddle together somehow. It's one big Canadian family, really."
Author: Devon Bostick
12. "I want to give as many Canadians the opportunity to be successful and if we can use their athletic gifts to get them a free degree or a free diploma across the border then I guess I'm doing my job."
Author: Donovan Bailey
13. "Canadians can easily 'pass for American' as long as we don't accidentally use metric measurements or apologize when hit by a car."
Author: Douglas Coupland
14. "The trial of Ernst Zundel has gone down in Canadian history."
Author: Ernst Zundel
15. "Canadians have this weird way about them where we really stick together."
Author: Estella Warren
16. "It has been our experience that American houses insist on very comprehensive editing; that English houses as a rule require little or none and are inclined to go along with the author's script almost without query. The Canadian practice is just what you would expect--a middle-of-the-road course. We think the Americans edit too heavily and interfere with the author's rights. We think that the English publishers don't take enough editorial responsibility. Naturally, then, we consider our editing to be just about perfect. There's no doubt about it, we Canadians are a superior breed! (in a letter to author Margaret Laurence, dated May, 1960)"
Author: Jack McClelland
17. "If Quebecers want to keep the Canadian dollar, they'll keep it - and nobody can stop that, end of debate."
Author: Jacques Parizeau
18. "L.A. will never be a hockey town. I'm a huge hockey fan, and people out here do not appreciate hockey as much as they should. I've always been into it. I'm Canadian; that's my sport for sure."
Author: Jean Luc Bilodeau
19. "The generic Canadian style of illustration is different from the generic American style."
Author: John Kricfalusi
20. "Democrats inhabit the low shores of Puget Sound, mostly on its eastern side, in a ragged trail of port-cities that stretches from Bellingham, close to the Canadian border, through Everett, Seattle, and Tacoma, to Olympia, the state capital, at the southern end of the sound."
Author: Jonathan Raban
21. "The director is a Canadian, Jeff Stephenson, and any time I get a script that has any Canadian component, I'm always immediately much more interested."
Author: Kathleen Robertson
22. "I feel like Canadian movies should be as good or better than the competition because of the talent we have here."
Author: Kevin Zegers
23. "I believe that Canadians have the common sense to see that a better future cannot be built on fragmentation."
Author: Kim Campbell
24. "We Canadians are not given as a people to great patriotic displays."
Author: Kim Campbell
25. "Mostly this problem is contained in the fact that the US makes it so difficult for Canadians to get green cards (you heard it here), but if an American orchestra really wants a player, they have their ways."
Author: Lara St. John
26. "Monkey John looked at the dead boy. "By God, life is cheap up here on the goddamned Canadian River.""Cheap," Blue Duck answered. "And it might get cheaper."
Author: Larry McMurtry
27. "No man can roan or inhabit the Canadian North without it affecting him, and the artist, because of his constant habit of awareness and his discipline in expression, is perhaps more understanding of its moods and spirit than others are. He is thus better equipped to interpret it to others, and then, when her has become one with its spirit, to create living works in their own right, by using forms, colors, rhythms and moods, to make a harmonious home for the imaginative and spiritual meaning it has evoked in him."
Author: Lawren Harris
28. "We made a demand for the the same wage rates to be paid in the Canadian plants as in the U.S. plants."
Author: Leonard Woodcock
29. "I'm very proud to be Canadian, but I would move to New York in a heartbeat."
Author: Lexa Doig
30. "I wanted to further my education, so I went on to get a Ph.D. in electrical engineering and came back and served about ten years in the Canadian Navy as what we call a combat systems engineer."
Author: Marc Garneau
31. "Those East Coast rich kids are a different breed, on a fast track to nowhere. Your friends in Seattle are downright Canadian in their niceness. None of you has a cell phone. The girls wear hoodies and big cotton underpants and walk around with tangled hair and smiling, adorned backpacks. Do you know how absolutely exotic it is that you haven't been corrupted by fashion and pop culture? A month ago I mentioned Ben Stiller, and do you remember how you responded? ‘Who's that?' I loved you all over again."
Author: Maria Semple
32. "I'd always enjoyed acting at high school, and I was all lined up to do an honours degree course in biology at a Canadian university, and at the eleventh hour the drama teacher I had said, 'You know, you'll get a lot more girls if you go into acting,' and that kinda sold it."
Author: Matt Frewer
33. "I think that Scottish people, like Canadians, are often misunderstood and what I like about my Scottish friends and relatives is how quickly it can go from love to anger. It's a great dynamic."
Author: Mike Myers
34. "As for my country, I don't live there, but obviously I'm very proud to be Canadian."
Author: Mike Weir
35. "If I can raise more money for charities, or get more Canadian kids to play golf, the green jacket will mean even more."
Author: Mike Weir
36. "Margaret Atwood, the Canadian novelist, once asked a group of women at a university why they felt threatened by men. The women said they were afraid of being beaten, raped, or killed by men. She then asked a group of men why they felt threatened by women. They said they were afraid women would laugh at them."
Author: Molly Ivins
37. "I remember really bonding with the first generation kids, the Chinese Canadian kids, and in high school bonding with the Latin kids and the East Indian kids. It was very interesting because it made me open to lots of musical sounds."
Author: Nelly Furtado
38. "The troops were occasionally occupied in pursuing scattered bands going north or south, and on three occasions the large camp of Sitting Bull ventured south of the Canadian border, and important expeditions were sent against them."
Author: Nelson A. Miles
39. "Ironically, the Canadian naval vessels, aircraft and personnel in the Persian Gulf I mentioned earlier who are fighting terrorism will provide more support indirectly to this war in Iraq than most of the 46 countries that are fully supporting our efforts there."
Author: Paul Cellucci
40. "I'm a very, very proud Canadian, and having the privilege to represent my country on the international level was the highlight of my 18-year career."
Author: Paul Henderson
41. "Every Canadian who wants to learn should have the opportunity to do so."
Author: Paul Martin
42. "Um...is that thing tame?" Frank said.The horse whinnied angrily."I don't think so," Percy guessed. "He just said, 'I will trample you to death, silly Chinese Canadian baby man'."
Author: Rick Riordan
43. "I grew up in kind of the last generation of Canadians who thought things that were happening in Britain were more important, almost, than what was happening in Canada. And my mother was fervently of that opinion."
Author: Robert MacNeil
44. "I think Canadian humor is a little less broad than American humor."
Author: Scott Thompson
45. "And all those boys of Europe born in those times, and thereabouts those times, Russian, French, Belgian, Serbian, Irish, English, Scottish, Welsh, Italian, Prussian, German, Austrian, Turkish – and Canadian, Australian, American, Zulu, Gurkha, Cossack, and all the rest – their fate was written in a ferocious chapter in the book of life, certainly. Those millions of mothers and their million gallons of mother's milk, millions of instances of small talk and baby talk, beatings and kisses, ganseys and shoes, piled up in history in great ruined heaps, with a loud and broken music, human stories told for nothing, for ashes, for death's amusement, flung on the mighty scrapheap of souls, all those million boys in all their humours to be milled by the millstones of a coming war."
Author: Sebastian Barry
46. "I'm Canadian. The only difference between dating American and Canadian guys is whether you'll be watching football or hockey. I have no preference."
Author: Serinda Swan
47. "Nonsense. Everyone knows Canadians are a peaceful people." He was laughing now."Tell that to the White House circa 1812," I told him."Oh? Why?""Because that's the year the peace-loving Canadians burned it to the ground."Dominick grabbed an empty bottle and jumped onto his chair. The room got silent in an instant as everyone paused to look at him. "Cheers to 1812." He lifted his empty bottle.The whole room whooped and raised their full glasses, howling in unison.I could barely hear over the sound of my own laughter."
Author: Sierra Dean
48. "There is a Canadian culture that is in some ways unique to Canada, but I don't think Canadian culture coincides neatly with borders."
Author: Stephen Harper
49. "[Farmer] went to dozens of American and Canadian universities and colleges, preaching his O for the P [Preferential Option for the Poor] gospel, and to South Africa, where he debated a World Bank official at an international AIDS conference. "Africans must learn to curb their sexual appetites," the banker remarked, and Farmer replied, "I want to talk about other bankers, not the World Bankers, but bankers in general. My suspicion is they're not getting a lot of sex, because they spend a lot of time screwing the poor."
Author: Tracy Kidder
50. "During one or two summers, as well as part-time during the school year, I worked for a small Canadian company which developed electrical instruments for military planes."
Author: Walter Kohn
Quotes About Canadian Pictures