Famous Quotes About Cared
Browse 1715 famous quotes and sayings about Cared.
Top Quotes About Cared
1. "After I lie there for a while, I realize that Dad isn't every going to do anything but be there to drive us home from the airport. And cook. And if I want something bigger to change, it's up to me. I'm scared shitless, yes. I'm doubtful, yes. But I'm angry. Angry that I am doing this because Dad can't. But then I sniff breakfast, and I know that Dad is doing what he can."
Author: A.S. King
2. "If you're always scared of dying," Obispo had said, "you'll surely die. Fear's a poison; and not such a slow poison either."
Author: Aldous Huxley
3. "But you never knew where the bombs would fall in the dark, so night bombing was even more frightening than daylight bombing. Let's just say, it scared the living daylights out of us!"
Author: Alfred Nestor
4. "Fortunately, it turns out that being scared of yourself is a somewhat effective motivational technique."
Author: Allie Brosh
5. "To be scared out of your wits is to be at your wits' end."
Author: Anyaele Sam Chiyson
6. "And Jazz snapped.He didn't snap the way a normal person might snap. A normal person would fling his arms around and stomp his feet and rant at the top of his lungs, bellowing to the sky. There might be tears, from a normal person.Jazz went quiet. He darted out one hand and grabbed the wrist of the paramedic who had been trying to cuff him and pulled the man close, holding his gaze.In a moment, he channeled every last drop of (his father)."Who am I? I'll tell you. I'm the local psychopath, and if you don't save my best friend's life, I will hunt down everyone you've ever cared about in your life and make you watch while I do things to them that will have you begging me to kill them. That's who I am."
Author: Barry Lyga
7. "She takes out a piece of paper that looks like the list I gave her months ago. Smiling her Hayley smile, she puts it in my hand. "These are my reasons.""You made me a list?"She nods, smile still glued on her face."Gosh darn it, Brody. I love the heck out of you. You should know why too." (...)There's one thing on the list. And its in big letters, and I bark out my laughter. You're good in the sack."You dork." I toss the paper over my shoulder, and she laughs against my lips. "Thought that would be the only one you cared about."I shake my head, wiggling my nose against hers. I still amazes me that she's my girl."
Author: Becca Ann
8. "Are you scared?" He taunted, an amused smirk lifting the corner of his mouth.I raised my chin a fraction. "No. I…just…I haven't ridden a horse before."He leaned forward and patted the horse's neck. "Prism is gentle. You have my word."I wasn't worried about the horse. "And you?"Ry shrugged, his facial expression remained shuttered. "I'd never make that a personal promise, but I will get you to a phone."
Author: Beth Mikell
9. "I really never cared about any occupation or stream. I just wanted to be an eminent personality."
Author: Bharat Budhani
10. "Life is for the living. I was a little scared before surgery 'cause of the release you sign that says there's always a very small percent chance that you'll die during the operation."
Author: Billy West
11. "You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that's why I'm scared when you say you love me."
Author: Bob Marley
12. "We're all a little scared sometimes, Rory. If that's what really bothering you them just remember that, okay?"
Author: Candace Knoebel
13. "They enveloped each other within the folds of their thoughts, holding each other with an intimacy no physical embrace could replicate, allowing their identities to merge once again. Their greatest comfort was a simple one: they were no longer alone. To know that you were with the one who cared for you, and who understood every fiber of your being, and who would not abandon you even in the most desperate of circumstances, that was the most precious relationship a person could have, and they both cherished it."
Author: Christopher Paolini
14. "Who cared that he couldn't spell? She was a good-enough speller for both of them. With luck, their children would take after her."
Author: Delia Ephron
15. "Only once did I perceive a human being, and that was at the intersection of our crossroad with the wide, white turnpike which cuts each cultivated district longitudinally at its exact center. The fellow must have been sleeping beside the road, for, as I came abreast of him, he raised upon one elbow and after a single glance at the approaching caravan leaped shrieking to his feet and fled madly down the road, scaling a nearby wall with the agility of a scared cat. The Tharks paid him not the slightest attention; they were not out upon the warpath, and the only sign that I had that they had seen him was a quickening of the pace of the caravan as we hastened toward the bordering desert which marked our entrance into the realm of Tal Hajus."
Author: Edgar Rice Burroughs
16. "My father cared a lot about me, but he never gave me the satisfaction of really knowing it. Hitting .390 wasn't enough for him. Nothing seemed to be. He was not trying to be mean. He was just seeing to it that I never got self-satisfied, that I worked hard to get the most out of what I had."
Author: George Brett
17. "But I love being scared. I think you're brave only when you do things that scare you. I've always used fear as a motivator. I'm not sure why."
Author: Ginnifer Goodwin
18. "Everyone these days is concerned so much with privacy and forgets the value of human touch. We still need each other but are scared of how it might sound or appear to the other."
Author: Gloria D. Gonsalves
19. "Wasnt it more important to be loyal to what was right or to those people you knew and cared about? What was the good of killing people or being hateful to them because someone you didn't know was doing something hateful to someone ekse you didn't know?"
Author: Janet Lunn
20. "He could afford to do things right this time around, and he didn't intend to settle for anything less. Colby knew hewasn't doing it for the baby, who wouldn't know the difference between a shiny new crib and a cardboard box. He wasdoing it for Diana. He wanted her to take pleasure in everything that had to do with the baby. She was a woman whoappreciated nice things, and he was determined that she would be surrounded by them while she cared for their child.Colby finished adjusting the position of the crib and took one last look around the room. All was in order.This time he was ready.And so was Diana, he had decided"
Author: Jayne Ann Krentz
21. "Sister, why do you do that?""Do what?""Cage the animals at night?""Well..." She looked up and out through the barred window before answering me."We don't want to, Jennings, but we have to. You see, the animals that are given to us we have to take care of. If we didn't cage them up in one place, we might lose them, they might get hurt or damaged. It's not the best thing, but it's the only way we have to take care of them.""But if somebody loved one them," I asked, "wouldn't it be a good idea to let them have one? To keep, I mean?""Yes, it would be. But not everyone would love them and take care of them as you would. I wish I could give them all away tomorrow." She looked at me. There were tears in her eyes. "But I can't. My heart would break if I saw just one of those animals lying by the wayside uncared for, unloved. No, Jennings. It's better if we keep them together."
Author: Jennings Michael Burch
22. "But all this was beside the point. What scared Amy was the mere fact of what looked inescapably like recreational malevolence. The poem had been written by an adult, not some teen with an unfinished brain. Whoever wrote the line bootlicker, sycophant, toady intended damage, understood how Carla would feel, how anybody would feel, being called such names. The line was playful, offhand, the poem itself a smug, imperious cat stretch. The writer was having fun. Amy had been comfortable in the same room with someone whose idea of fun this was."
Author: Jincy Willett
23. "I'm so scared of commitment that I even hate stickers. I mean, once they're stuck, that's it. No going back now. Stupid stickers."
Author: Kaine Andrews
24. "Once there was a princess who was very beautiful. She shone bright as the stars on a moonless night. But what difference did it make that she was beautiful? None. No difference."Why did it make no difference?" asked Abilene.Because," said Pellegrina, "She was a princess who loved no one and cared nothing for love, even though there were many who loved her."
Author: Kate DiCamillo
25. "I knew why I was there and I didn't. I was scared and I wasn't. I didn't feel right and I did. I didn't know what to do but I still knew what I had to do. I wasn't me. Yet I was."
Author: Kristen Ashley
26. "She buried her face in his hsoulder. And while the truth still scared her, being in his arms made her feel like the sea finding it's shore, like a traveler returning after a long, hard, distant trip -finally returning home."
Author: Lauren Kate
27. "Yes it is, because you can only be brave if you're scared."
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
28. "Being scared is really a good thing. It's being scared of being scared that's bad. Being scared of walking through your fear, going to a place of true creativity - that's what an artist is, that's what he does. If you do that, then being inspired by your contemporaries or people from the past is really great."
Author: Lawrence Bender
29. "Are you scared?" he said into my hair."Yeah.""What scares you?"I kept my eyes on the ceiling."That this is too good. That it won't last. That you'll leave."
Author: Leah Raeder
30. "Milla was always aware, on the dimmest edge of her consciousness that Diaz constantly watched her.She also knew that he was a man who never gave up, who never lost sight of his goal. Exactly what his goal was wasn't always clear to her, but she had no doubt he was perfectly clear in his own mind what he wanted.He wanted her. She knew it, and yet she couldn't imagine how they could ever be together again. The rift between them, to her, was final and absolute. He'd betrayed her in the most wounding way possible, and forgiveness evidently wasn't her strong suit. She had found that grudges weren't heavy at all; she could carry them for a very long time.Diaz wasn't taking care of her out of the goodness of his heart. He was taking care of her the way a wolf cared for its wounded mate."
Author: Linda Howard
31. "Oh, poor baby," she said, mimicking his drawl."Whew. You're back. There was this other Susie here a minute ago, and she was really nice to me. She scared the shit out of me."She laughed. "They locked her back up in the loony bin.""Good, because there's only one Susie for me—the one who calls me on my crap and doesn't let me get away with jack shit. That's the Susie I need. That's the Susie I've missed coming home to over the last year." He kissed her. "And that's the Susie who's going to leave a gaping hole in my heart and my life if she doesn't give me another chance."
Author: Marie Force
32. "Give serious thought to why your company should care about your strategy. Specifically, find problems that the board wants to be solved. What are senior managers scared of? Part of becoming a credible strategic thinker is learning effective approaches to selling ideas for your situation. You'll know that you're getting better at selling (or pitching) strategy when managers start coming to you when there is strategic thinking to be done."
Author: Max McKeown
33. "Do I get paid, too?''Yes,' he said without hesitation. This scared me, because Crawley gave money like bulls gave milk: not at all, and you get gored for asking. If he had already decided this was a paying job, it must be horrible beyond words."
Author: Neal Shusterman
34. "Until that moment she had never thought she could do it. Never thought she would be brave enough or scared enough, or desperate enough to dare."
Author: Neil Gaiman
35. "I saw 'Paranormal Activity' on Halloween with all my friends. It scared me, but it was so much fun."
Author: Nicola Peltz
36. "I felt like they only cared about what I could do for them, not what they could do for me."
Author: Norma McCorvey
37. "Yeah, but the satyrs you have are working super hard," I said. "I think they're scared of you." Grover blushed. "That's silly. I'm not scary." "You're a lord of the Wild, dude. The chosen one of Pan. A member of the Council of—" "Stop it!" Grover protested. "You're as bad as Juniper. I think she wants me to run for president next." He"
Author: Rick Riordan
38. "I'm just like you. I'm scared and I'm angry and I'm confused and I don't know what the hell I'm going to do, but I do know you can't have it both ways. You can't say you're a human in one breath and a cockroach in the next."
Author: Rick Yancey
39. "For no reason that she could discern, she put down the novel and picked up her cell phone. She was lonely, yes, but had been so for as long as she cared to remember, and nothing seemed to be pressing that particular bruise, one of many, at the moment. Her loneliness was at a comfortable echelon: not growing like a tree, nor multiplying as a moss, but just simply there. A permanent, weathered embedded rock. A boulder in the wheat field. A bullet inside of a body, too dangerous to remove, around which tissue grows."
Author: Ron Parsons
40. "I think in the end, you would have stayed with me, out of obligation...or maybe comfort. Maybe I was safe to you, and you needed to feel that. I know how scared you get of the unknown. To you...I must be kind of a security blanket. Do you see now, how that doesn't work for me? I don't want to be there, simply because the idea of me being gone is too...scary. I want to be someone's everything. I want fire and passion, and love that's returned, equally. I want to be someone's heart... Even if it means breaking my own."
Author: S.C. Stephens
41. "Scared by the noise, Millie looked down at her brothers. Then she held out both arms and Tom's stomach turned cold. She was going to jump to him, like she did from the back of the sofa. She was going to jump, confident that he'd catch her, like he always did."
Author: S.J. Bolton
42. "I couldn't breathe. I wanted him to keep touching me; I wanted to feel his whole body against mine again. But Rylan was here. Rylan was listening. Rylan, who had cared for me all along."Thank you," I said, my voice unsteady, and somehow I made myself move and turn away from his touch to stare at the tent again, my heart hammering. Rylan's back was still turned to me, but I could see how stiff he was, as if every muscle in his body was clenched."I hope you are able to rest well Alex," Damien said."You too," I said, making myself close my eyes, to pretend I was going to sleep. But inside, I thought, Rest well? Is he serious?It was going to be a long night."
Author: Sara B. Larson
43. "But in the wake of 'Bullet,' all the guys wanted to know was, 'How's it doing? How's it selling?' How to tell them I didn't give a flying fuck how it was doing in the marketplace, that what I cared about was how it was doing in the reader's heart?"
Author: Stephen King
44. "The irresponsible mother helped explain bella's maturity. She'd had to grow up early, to become the caretaker. That's why she didn't like being cared for- she felt it was her job."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
45. "I remember Detroit feeling really unsafe, feeling scared a lot. Our house was broken into, our car was stolen, we had to get a watchdog, we would get beat up in the street, I had my bike stolen. There was just a lot of real anarchy on the streets and sidewalks."
Author: Sufjan Stevens
46. "People you knew when you were teenagers, the ones who saw your stupidest haircut and the most embarrassing things you've done in your life, and they still cared about you after all that: they're not replaceable, you know?"
Author: Tana French
47. "And they will pause just for an instant, and give a sigh to me, and think, "Poor girl!" believing they do great justice to my memory by this. But they will never, never realize that it was my single opportunity of existence, as well as of doing my duty, which they are regarding; they will not feel that what to them is but a thought, easily held in those two words of pity, "Poor girl!" was a whole life to me, as full of hours, minutes, and peculiar minutes, of hopes and dreads, smiles, whisperings, tears, as theirs: that it was my world, what is to them their world, and that in that life of mine, however much I cared for them, only as the thought I seem to them to be. Nobody can enter into another's nature truly, that's what is so grievous."
Author: Thomas Hardy
48. "People tend the take everything too seriously. Especially themselves. Yep. And that's probably what makes 'em scared and hurt so much of the time. Life is too serious to take that seriously."
Author: Tom Robbins
49. "They hooted and laughed all the way back to the car, teasing Milkman, egging him on to tell more about how scared he was. And he told them. Laughing too, hard, loud, and long. Really laughing, and he found himself exhilarated by simply walking the earth. Walking it like he belonged on it; like his legs were stalks, tree trunks, a part of his body that extended down down down into the rock and soil, and were comfortable there--on the earth and on the place where he walked. And he did not limp."
Author: Toni Morrison
50. "When I look for self-help books for myself, I used to be scared that I was going to pick up a book that would depress me even more."
Author: Vinny Guadagnino
Quotes About Cared Pictures