Famous Quotes About Champions
Browse 218 famous quotes and sayings about Champions.
Top Quotes About Champions
1. "In Cuba we use our champions to promote the sport."
Author: Alberto Juantorena
2. "I have been waiting to win a world championship since 1985. I've had three cracks at a world title - in karting, I finished third at Le Mans; that hurt because it was very close, but then in Formula One there wasn't really an opportunity to finally crack it, so it's third time lucky."
Author: Allan McNish
3. "Champions all get kicked when they're down."
Author: Apolo Ohno
4. "I vowed I would do everything I could to stop the Isle of Man counting towards the world championship. And it was stopped, so they love me in the Isle of Man."
Author: Barry Sheene
5. "You don't win championships by just being normal, by just being average."
Author: Bill Walton
6. "His ability to evoke Celtic pride was incredible. He would always talk about how all the old players called him up after an embarrasing performance and wanted to disassociate themselves from the Celtics. They wanted to mail in their championship rings, wanted their numbers removed from the rafters, and by this point there would be tears rolling down our cheeks and we'd want to kill."
Author: Bill Walton On K.C. Jones
7. "Champions keep playing until they get it right."
Author: Billie Jean King
8. "You're measured by championships no matter what."
Author: Candace Parker
9. "Champions don't do extraordinary things. They do ordinary things, but they do them without thinking, too fast for the orther team to react. They follow the habits they've learned."
Author: Charles Duhigg
10. "That's our cue to depart." "They know something " I pointed out. "I know something too. I know we're going to attract a lot of unwanted attention if they keep screaming. And then we have to make up some ridiculous explanation about how we heard screaming through the vents in our rooms and we followed the sound back to the basement and we found these girls lying on the ground and pretending to be tied up by invisible rope because they're practicing for the regional mime championships." I blinked at her. "Is that explanation more or less believable than we woke up because two girls who are actually evil magicians tripped a magical alarm wired to a door in the basement we aren't supposed to know about " Scout paused for a minute then nodded. "Point made."
Author: Chloe Neill
11. "To me, being the best means proving it in different countries and championships."
Author: Cristiano Ronaldo
12. "No one alive today has a single ancestor in his or her past who died in infancy. We are the champions, my friend!"
Author: Daniel J. Levitin
13. "That's the only reason I'm here. I don't need to play the game for any other reason than to win a championship."
Author: Drew Bledsoe
14. "I'm ambitious, I want to play in the Champions League, and that's the aim with Tottenham - to start qualifying for the Champions League on a consistent basis."
Author: Gareth Bale
15. "For sportsmen or women who want to be champions, the mind can be as important, if not more important, than any other part of the body."
Author: Gary Neville
16. "Only 38 per cent of players in the Premier League are English; that is a damning statistic. Soon, the England manager will have to go scouting for players in the Championship - and when I say 'soon' I mean the next four or five years, perhaps even for the next World Cup."
Author: Glenn Hoddle
17. "The first time I managed to pick up a basketball I knew I was destined to lead the UK to another National championship. ... Even now, so many years later, I still believe Kentucky will go undefeated in March & win everything."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
18. "They're off, and the big excitement this match is the Firebolt that Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to Which Broomstick, the Firebolt's going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championship —" "Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" interrupted Professor McGonagall's voice. "Right you are, Professor — just giving a bit of background information — the Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in auto-brake and —" "Jordan!" "Okay, okay, Gryffindor in possession, Katie Bell of Gryffindor heading for goal …"
Author: J.K. Rowling
19. "In over 160 years of recorded baseball history, no team had ever won a championship this way."
Author: John Thorn
20. "I never paid, or intended to pay, $10,000, or any amount of money, to any player for knocking Kurt Warner, Brett Favre or any other player out of the 2009 Divisional playoff game, 2010 NFC Championship Game or any other game."
Author: Jonathan Vilma
21. "Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
Author: Ken Blanchard
22. "Time will tell how you rate against the rest of the competition. I'll let everyone else worry about championships. I'm going to worry about qualifying at Pomona."
Author: Larry Dixon
23. "Being happy is very important. We won our second championship last season and we have our entire team coming back to try and defend our title again. I'm very proud of that."
Author: Larry Dixon
24. "People confuse being world No. 1 with winning a Major championship."
Author: Lee Westwood
25. "Regaining the Champions Cup is not going to be easy."
Author: Luis Figo
26. "I know that a good many champions have entertained the thought that the more they discourage youngsters, the longer they would reign. However, this theory never impressed me, and I always made it a point to give youths the benefit of my experience in bicycle racing."
Author: Major Taylor
27. "True champions aren't always the ones that win, but those with the most guts."
Author: Mia Hamm
28. "Rivalries don't necessarily mean races being close at major championships. I had a rivalry with Butch Reynolds for many years. I won all the races, but Butch was the world record holder before I came into the sport, he was extremely talented and he was the only other man running 43 seconds."
Author: Michael Johnson
29. "I think this can be a championship team. But we do have to take it one game at a time. You can't look at the end of the road before you get the next foot in."
Author: Michael Strahan
30. "The ones who want to achieve and win championships motivate themselves."
Author: Mike Ditka
31. "A consequence of female self-love is that the woman grows convinced of social worth. Her love for her body will be unqualified, which is the basis of female identification. If a woman loves her own body, she doesn't grudge what other women do with theirs; if she loves femaleness, she champions its rights. It's true what they say about women: Women are insatiable. We are greedy. Our appetites do need to be controlled if things are to stay in place. If the world were ours too, if we believed we could get away with it, we would ask for more love, more sex, more money, more commitment to children, more food, more care. These sexual, emotional, and physical demands would begin to extend to social demands: payment for care of the elderly, parental leave, childcare, etc. The force of female desire would be so great that society would truly have to reckon with what women want, in bed and in the world."
Author: Naomi Wolf
32. "I want to ask you a tough question. Okay. If you could trade your championships for your health back, would you? Uhhhh. That's not even realistic. I know. But I'd like to hear how you feel. [Pause] I would give back every one of my trophies to still be coaching. That says it's the teaching you really love, more than the winning. That's right. It also says that retirement is a deep wound."
Author: Pat Summitt
33. "My short-term factual memory can be like water; events are a brief disturbance on the surface and then it closes back up again, as if nothing ever touched it. But it's a strange fact that my long-term memory remains strong, perhaps because it recorded events when my mind was unaffected. My emotional memory is intact too, perhaps because feelings are recorded and stored in a different place than facts. The things that happened deeper in the past, and deeper in the breast, are still there for me, under the water. I won 1,098 games, and eight national championships, and coached in four different decades. But what I see are not the numbers. I see their faces. 'Pat should get a tattoo!' The kids laughed. 'What kind should she get?' 'A heart. She should get a heart.' Little did they know. They are the tattoos."
Author: Pat Summitt
34. "Going to Omaha for the College World Series - the people there are tremendous - huge crowds and a lot of excitement. I still remember those days - you make a lot of friends that you never forget when you win a championship like that."
Author: Roger Clemens
35. "The heartbeat of a football team is the quarterback position and I think everyone who has any intelligence about the game understands you must have consistency at that position to be a championship team."
Author: Ron Jaworski
36. "Happy birthday, Nicaragua. I drank a toast in the best rum in the world, Flor de Caña Extra Seco. Mixed with Coke, it was called a Nica-libre, and after a few glasses I was ready to take on the salsa champions and knock them dead. I went outside to dance."
Author: Salman Rushdie
37. "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat."
Author: Sam Snead
38. "Nike doesn't want to make products for everyone - they want to make products for champions."
Author: Simon Sinek
39. "The Motto of Champions: If you are hurt, you can suck it up and press on. If injured, you can rebound and return bigger and better...and continue to inspire!"
Author: T.F. Hodge
40. "You can be the best person in the league but if you don't win championships, something's missing."
Author: Terrell Davis
41. "World barista champions use the AeroPress to make coffee on the folding tray tables of airplanes."
Author: Timothy Ferriss
42. "You don't even have to win a championship every year to draw the fans. You just have to show you're really trying."
Author: Tom Hicks
43. "What drives me is winning championships."
Author: Tony Parker
44. "I began playing in the Pacific Coast Indoor Tennis Championships."
Author: Tracy Austin
45. "Each championship is unique and special."
Author: Trish Stratus
46. "In spring training prior to his 1995 rookie season, Chipper was already so confident in who he was as a player that he famously deadpanned to veteran slugger Fred McGriff, after the Crime Dog grounded into an inning-ending double play, these two words: "Rally killer." His confidence carried over to the field, just as it had since he began playing as a kid—he batted .265, and he led all rookies with 23 home runs, 87 runs, and 86 RBIs. Hideo Nomo was Rookie of the Year for the Dodgers, but Chipper and the Braves were World Champions."
Author: Tucker Elliot
47. "To win the Championship in the first year will be hard. We need time to become competitive and win races."
Author: Valentino Rossi
48. "To even get to the Olympics, I have to qualify for the 2013 World Championships and the standard is high. I know I am always going to be a few points behind the top guys."
Author: Vanessa Mae
49. "I went to state in track, won the girls' city championship, and did well in volleyball. I was a varsity cheerleader. So you know, shoot, I've got a couple of letters and things! Last I counted, I think there were eight in my mama's house."
Author: Vivica A. Fox
50. "When the Knicks won the championship in 1970, our fans rallied behind us and became our sixth man because they saw a group of five distinct personalities come together and play as one seamless unit. Winning takes a game plan and that's where a great coach comes in. He has to have the vision. He has to be the architect and design a particular style of play that his players can work together and excel at. The great Celtics teams that won 11 championships in the span of 13 seasons ( 1957-69) never changed their system. They played the same game regardless of who their cast was."
Author: Walt Frazier
Quotes About Champions Pictures