Famous Quotes About Change And Growth
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about Change And Growth.
Top Quotes About Change And Growth
1. "The most meaningful engine of change, powerful enough to confront corporate power, may be not so much environmental quality, as the economic development and growth associated with the effort to improve it."
Author: Barry Commoner
2. "Mere change is not growth. Growth is the synthesis of change and continuity, and where there is no continuity there is no growth."
Author: C.S. Lewis
3. "For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction."
Author: Cynthia Occelli
4. "You grow and evolve and as you do that, your art hopefully reflects that change and that growth."
Author: Fefe Dobson
5. "Basic technical training is, of course, useful. But to treat it as anything more than that is to lock students into technology that will be obsolete by the time they graduate. The time wasted will also deprive them of the basic training in knowledge and thinking that might help them adjust to the constant changes outside.(IV - From Managers and Speculators to Growth)"
Author: John Ralston Saul
6. "I had started keeping a journal, and I was discovering that I didn't need school in order to experience the misery of appearances. I could manufacture excruciating embarrassment in the privacy of my bedroom, simply by reading what I'd written in the journal the day before. Its pages faithfully mirrored my fraudulence and pomposity and immaturity. Reading it made me desperate to change myself, to sound less idiotic. As George Benson had stressed in Then Joy Breaks Through, the experience of growth and self-realization, even of ecstatic joy, were natural processes available to believers and nonbelievers alike. And so I declared private war on stagnation and committed myself privately to personal growth. The Authentic Relationship I wanted now was with the written page."
Author: Jonathan Franzen
7. "Architecture traditionally has been the slowest of art forms. It was not unusual for great cathedrals to take centuries to complete, with stylistic changes from Romanesque to Gothic or Renaissance to Baroque as common as the addition of chapels or spires. But because the function remained the same, the form could be flexible and its growth organic."
Author: Martin Filler
8. "In the years to come, the combination of climate change and population growth could have a devastating effect on the planet and, needless to say, on humanity."
Author: Nathaniel Philbrick
9. "Life is all about mistakes.It is constant change and growth"
Author: Neale Donald Walsch
10. "If change and growth are not programmed into your spirituality, if there are not serious warnings about the blinding nature of fear and fanaticism, your religion will always end up worshiping the status quo and protecting your present ego position and personal advantage as if it were God."
Author: Richard Rohr
11. "Belief is not subject to the will. Men think as they must. Children do not, and cannot, believe exactly as they were taught. They are not exactly like their parents. They differ in temperament, in experience, in capacity, in surroundings. And so there is a continual, though almost imperceptible change. There is development, conscious and unconscious growth, and by comparing long periods of time we find that the old has been almost abandoned, almost lost in the new."
Author: Robert G. Ingersoll
12. "We are all but symbols of some greater thing—totems of ourselves--subject to change and growth. When we forget that metaphoric sense of ourselves, we lose sight of the overall path."
Author: S. Kelley Harrell
13. "Except. What is normal at any given time? We change just as the seasons change, and each spring brings new growth. So nothing is ever quite the same."
Author: Sherwood Smith
14. "First build upon a strong core of principles that are not open for continuous change; at the same time, be relentless in the quest for improvement and continuous self-renewal. This dialectic enables an individual to retain a rock-solid foundation and attain sustained growth for a lifetime."
Author: Stephen R. Covey
15. "Deathbed confession or mere ordinance work do not change man's nature. This is the reason Satan's plan to force everyone to be good would have failed, for there could never be a returning to the presence of the Eternal Father without a testing in the face of opposites and temptation and without the continuous choosing of the highest good over lesser goods and over evil. Any other approach to salvation ignores this process of growth and turns it all into some kind of an arbitrary and awesome mystery that, to many, is the hallmark of spirituality."
Author: Stephen R. Covey
16. "I meet people in my daily life, people who seem to experience some change and some growth on a personal level, and that gives me hope."
Author: Tracy Chapman
17. "It is a relationship that is flexible enough to allow for change and that is constantly being renegotiated in the light of changing needs, consensus in decision-making, acceptance and encouragement of individual growth, and openness to new possibilities for growth."
Author: Tristan Taormino
18. "The writer catches the changes of his mind on the hop. Growth is exciting; growth is dynamic and alarming. Growth of the soul, growth of the mind."
Author: Vita Sackville West
Quotes About Change And Growth Pictures