Famous Quotes About Changing Bad Habits
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Changing Bad Habits.
Top Quotes About Changing Bad Habits
1. "She would be quiet at first. Then she would say a word about something small, something she had noticed, and then another word, and another, each one flung out like a little piece of sand, one from this direction, another form behind, more and more, until his looks, his character, his soul would have eroded away . . . I was afraid that some unseen speck of truth would fly into my eye, blur what I was seeing and transform him from the divine man I thought he was into someone quite mundane, mortally wounded with tiresome habits and irritating imperfections."
Author: Amy Tan
2. "Good stories flow like honey. Bad stories stick in the craw. A bad story? One that cannot be absorbed on the first time of reading."
Author: Arthur Christiansen
3. "Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
Author: Booker T. Washington
4. "99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name."
Author: David Gerrold
5. "Good character going bad is like a beast escaping it's cage; it will be hard to capture it again!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
6. "Yes, a deep lesson from the postage stamp. It attaches itself to a moveable material, the envelope and gets going. A good relationship keeps you going forward; a bad one keeps you static. Attach yourself to someone who is also going forward and you will also get there."
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
7. "Rule if this goes bad it's gonna be so, so bad." Her voice was just a husky whisper against my chest."True, but if it's good it's going be so very, very good."
Author: Jay Crownover
8. "It was hard to figure out what were the good causes, the bad causes, even the good politics and the bad politics. So we started taking requests and figuring it out."
Author: Jeff Ament
9. "I can scarcely manage to scribble a tolerable English letter. I know that I am not a scholar, but meantime I am aware that no man living knows better than I do the habits of our birds."
Author: John James Audubon
10. "Hey, how 'bout those Cubs'"-the bad male impersonation was back-" 'let's play some golf, smoke some cigars. Here's my penis, there's yours-yep, they appear to be about the same size-okay, lets's do some deals."
Author: Julie James
11. "He scooted his chair so close to hers that she fought the urge to back away. She gulped at his nearness. The lustful gleam flashing in his eyes made him like the Big Bad Wolf looming over her. "How much plainer can I make it for you? You were so damn sexy in that green dress. Your hair was down and fell in waves around your shoulders. And you kept giving me those innocent little smiles from across the room." His breath scorched against her cheek before he whispered into her ear. "I've never wanted to fuck someone so much as I wanted to you."
Author: Katie Ashley
12. "But what is equally important, and sobering, is how often we fool ourselves. And we fool ourselves not only individually but en masse. The tendency of a group of human beings to quickly come to believe something that its individual members will later see as obviously false is truly amazing. Some of the worst tragedies of the last century happened because well-meaning people fell for easy solutions proposed by bad leaders."
Author: Lee Smolin
13. "I have a copy of you in my brain; when you make me angry I do very bad things to you."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
14. "A government which is not liked by the artists is certainly a bad government, because artist sees very well what is behind the masks!"
Author: Mehmet Murat Ildan
15. "Whenever I'm having a bad day and have an attitude, I stay home. I keep it at home."
Author: Michael Clarke Duncan
16. "Have compassion for everyone you meet, even if they don't want it. What appears bad manners, an ill temper or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone."
Author: Miller Williams
17. "If a man can make me laugh and stimulate me intellectually, then I wouldn't mind if he was 4 ft. 8 in. with a huge belly. The only thing that would put me off is bad breath - but even that can be fixed. A bad personality isn't so easy to fix."
Author: Olga Kurylenko
18. "Weren't you scared?" I ask."Yes. But it was a good scared.""There's a good kind?""Oh, yes." Her voice drops so low I have to strain to hear. "Orlin made me scared all the time. Scared I would starve. Scared I would get too cold. Scared he would hurt me again or get so mad he'd throw me to one of the men. That was nasty bad scared." She pauses, scuffing her boots against the floor. "But you never hit me, even though I'm your slave... You always feed me. You call me my true name. Now when I'm scared, it's not because of meanness. And today, I chose my own scared. It's always a good scared, when you get to pick it your own self."
Author: Rae Carson
19. "Why bother praying? It does not matter if we have developed bad habits in limiting prayer to only asking for things, but prayer is much, much richer than that. By all means let's keep asking God to keep changing us, but let's also give praise and thanksgiving; crying out in lamentation; affirm our trust and faith; sing of our salvation; and simply wait upon the Lord. There is a way to pray for all seasons under the sun."
Author: Richard Leonard
20. "You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, 'I release the need for this in my life'."
Author: Wayne Dyer
Quotes About Changing Bad Habits Pictures