Famous Quotes About Cheering For Football
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Cheering For Football.
Top Quotes About Cheering For Football
1. "Each game we approach like a final. Today it was the opening game at home, we won and showed outstanding football qualities. We will be preparing for the next game the same way."
Author: Andriy Shevchenko
2. "There came an awful day when I picked up the phone and knew at once, as one does with some old friends even before they speak, that it was Edward. He sounded as if he were calling from the bottom of a well. I still thank my stars that I didn't say what I nearly said, because the good professor's phone pals were used to cheering or teasing him out of bouts of pessimism and insecurity when he would sometimes say ridiculous things like: 'I hope you don't mind being disturbed by some mere wog and upstart.' The remedy for this was not to indulge it but to reply with bracing and satirical stuff which would soon get the gurgling laugh back into his throat. But I'm glad I didn't say, 'What, Edward, splashing about again in the waters of self-pity?' because this time he was calling to tell me that he had contracted a rare strain of leukemia. Not at all untypically, he used the occasion to remind me that it was very important always to make and keep regular appointments with one's physician."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
3. "Why isn't it fun to watch a videotape of last night's football game even when we don't know who won? Because the fact that the game has already been played precludes the possibility that our cheering will somehow penetrate the television, travel through the cable system, find its way to the stadium, and influence the trajectory of the ball as it hurtles toward the goalposts!"
Author: Daniel Gilbert
4. "There are lots of concerns facing English football but for me the major one is the way in which football clubs are run by owners, whether they are growing organically and sustainably and how that is being policed by the football authorities."
Author: Gary Neville
5. "As England manager I always felt we needed an extra man in midfield to retain the ball, but that was more as an attacking ploy to help create opportunities. It came from my experience playing international football in a 4-4-2 and spending half my time chasing the ball."
Author: Glenn Hoddle
6. "Autumn. It's crispness, it's anticipation, it's melancholia, it's cool breezes replacing summer's heat. It's long days in the field, a harvest festival when work's done, a cheering crowd in a football stadium, chrysanthemums punctuating a somber landscape. It's Halloween highjinx, pumpkins grinning toothy smiles, the crack of pecan pressed against pecan. It's the first curls of woodsmoke, fresh blisters from pushing a rake. It's crisp and fresh and mellow and snug, solemn and melancholy. And it's very, very welcome."
Author: Good Housekeeping Magazine
7. "I've been in football a long time and people have problems through debt, drugs, drink and family."
Author: Gordon Strachan
8. "I went to school with a guy named Truxton. He and I played football together, and he knocked me out once because he's bigger and strong than I am."
Author: Henry Bromell
9. "Well football teams are perhaps easier to control than political parties, I'm sure the Prime Minister would agree with me, but yeah I think every team needs discipline and a sense of self-belief and that's important, that's what leadership's all about."
Author: Iain Duncan Smith
10. "Not to be narcissistic, but I truly believe in order to make yourself better, you should see what you did before and what was good about that and what wasn't - same way a football team plays a game and then they go back and watch film."
Author: Jake Owen
11. "A football could be swapped out for a brick, to make family reunion football games more fun. But I'm calling it right now: I get to be quarterback."
Author: Jarod Kintz
12. "In marching, in mobs, in football games, and in war, outlines become vague; real things become unreal and a fog creeps over the mind. Tension and excitement, weariness, movement--all merge in one great gray dream, so that when it is over, it is hard to remember how it was when you killed men or ordered them to be killed. Then other people who were not there tell you what it was like and you say vaguely, "yes, I guess that's how it was."
Author: John Steinbeck
13. "Although I hardly ever turn on the TV set unless it's football season, I do watch a lot of TV on my iPad - perfect for long airplane journeys."
Author: Joshua Bell
14. "We spend our spare time taking care of little things. I can watch a little bit of college and professional football if I want to... Our favorite pastime is trying to take pictures of our hometowns from space."
Author: Kevin A. Ford
15. "Norm Smith personally came and signed me up to the Melbourne Football Club. The fact that I then played cricket for Melbourne Cricket Club - the footy club didn't like it that much."
Author: Max Walker
16. "The movie, 'Remember the Titans,' is my favorite movie, staring Denzel Washington. I love the way in this movie the game of football brings those boys together, it unites those boys on that football field. It unites a whole town, black, white, old, young, rich and poor."
Author: Michael Irvin
17. "If you look at football over the last 50 years there has been a gradual decrease in goals, you don't see too many 10-nils these days, but two, three or four goals per game is a good spectacle."
Author: Michael Owen
18. "If you own a football club, you have to be really involved and committed."
Author: Mohamed Al Fayed
19. "Once you become an owner of a team, you get so much more into the sport and you can't help it. So I really love NFL football now to the degree of following it much more than I did previously."
Author: Paul Allen
20. "The feeling made him wonder what he would have become if only he'd been allowed to live a normal life. Sports, he knew, would've suited him. He was bigger, stronger and much faster than most boys his age. Football was probably the game for him. He liked watching Joshua playing at quarterback, imagining what it would be like to be in his position. To hear the crowd cheering as he made a pass, to feel accepted by his teammates – they were experiences forever denied him. It was nice to daydream though."
Author: Phillip W. Simpson
21. "I had actually gone to a church-related college, but I went on a football scholarship, not because of any interest in the church."
Author: R. C. Sproul
22. "Because I love football and I love the footballers."
Author: Sepp Blatter
23. "It's so easy for a kid to join a gang, to do drugs... we should make it that easy to be involved in football and academics."
Author: Snoop Dogg
24. "Our goal was to win, to win a Super Bowl, but also to win in the right way, to be role models to our community, to represent Indianapolis, the state of Indiana and the National Football League."
Author: Tony Dungy
25. "We all need a cheering committee and parents are a child's most important fans!"
Author: Vivian Kirkfield
Quotes About Cheering For Football Pictures