Famous Quotes About Chef
Browse 222 famous quotes and sayings about Chef.
Top Quotes About Chef
1. "Very good cooks who are employed as 'chefs' rarely refer to themselves as 'chefs.' They refer to themselves as 'cooks.'"
Author: Alton Brown
2. "I am so proud of 'Top Chef' - I think it's got great cred."
Author: Andy Cohen
3. "Every chef I know, their cholesterol is through the roof. And mine's not so great."
Author: Anthony Bourdain
4. "I was hired as a sous-chef at a restaurant on the Upper East Side. The chef liked to drink - some mornings we would find him sleeping. Two weeks after its opening, I became the chef. I was 20 years old, and way over my head. I had to hire the cooks and do the menus."
Author: Bobby Flay
5. "Listen, boy, just ask the chef to make me a proper Full English Breakfast.You know, bacon, fried eggs, sausages, liver, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes, black pudding, kidneys, baked beans, fried bread, toast and served with strong English mustard, mind - none of this effete French muck - and a large mug of hot, strong Indian tea."
Author: Bryan Talbot
6. "There isn't a name for my situation. Firstly because I decided to kill myself. And then because of this idea:I don't have to do it immediately.Whoosh, through a little door. It's a limbo.I need never answer the phone again or pay a bill. My credit score no longer matters. Fears and compulsions don't matter. Socks don't matter. Because I'll be dead. And who am I to die? A microwave chef. A writer of pamphlets. A product of our time. A failed student. A faulty man. A bad poet. An activist in two minds. A drinker of chocolate milk, and when there's no chocolate, of strawberry and sometimes banana."
Author: D.B.C. Pierre
7. "I love food shows: Anthony Bourdain, Iron Chef, Chopped, you name it."
Author: Donnie Wahlberg
8. "Many of the master chefs in the South, both the upper South as well as the deep South, were blacks and many of those people came here to Washington, D.C., and opened up establishments. Very, very few of them have survived. But they certainly were very prominent."
Author: Ed Smith
9. "I'm not a trained chef, so I end up making stuff up. It either turns out brilliant or an absolute disaster. I just go for it."
Author: Eric Balfour
10. "Virtue would go far if vanity did not keep it company.Francois de La Rochefoucauld"
Author: Gabriela Popa
11. "There's not a single chef I know of that does not think about the politics of the food they're serving."
Author: Gail Simmons
12. "I think every chef, not just in America, but across the world, has a double-edged sword - two jackets, one that's driven, a self-confessed perfectionist, thoroughbred, hate incompetence and switch off the stove, take off the jacket and become a family man."
Author: Gordon Ramsay
13. "The pressure on young chefs today is far greater than ever before in terms of social skills, marketing skills, cooking skills, personality and, more importantly, delivering on the plate. So you need to be strong. Physically fit. So my chefs get weighed every time they come into the kitchen."
Author: Gordon Ramsay
14. "The first year I sold a photo to was a lady who thought I was a chef, for some reason. I've no idea why."
Author: Graeme Le Saux
15. "I always knew I wanted to be a chef."
Author: Grant Achatz
16. "Lobster-both-ways is popular tonight. The preparation is easy enough. Take a two-pound lobster. Kill it with a sharp chef's knife straight between the eyes. Remove the claw and knuckle meat. Steam for five minutes, chop into salad with aioli, celery, and lots of shallots and chives. Chill. Reserve the tail until ordered. Paint with herb-infused oil, season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, grill for two or three minutes until it's just cooked through. Serve with spicy organic greens."
Author: Graydon Carter
17. "I did all the Chef Boyardee commercials, in America, when I was young."
Author: Jane Seymour
18. "I'm famous for my Shepherd's Pie. Here's my recipe: lamb, potatoes, cheese, peas, paprika, and a wool-covered apron for the chef/shepherd/wolf-like politician to wear while serving the sheeple up."
Author: Jarod Kintz
19. "All I watch is the Food Network. I took a cheesemaking class a few weeks ago, and I told my family and friends to only get me kitchen stuff on my birthday. I'm into every kind of cookbook and anything by Anthony Bourdain. I'd love to own a restaurant if I could find the right chef."
Author: Jesse McCartney
20. "L'histoire des théologies nous montre que les chefs religieux ont toujours affirmé qu'au moyen de rituels, que par des répétitions de prières ou de mantras, que par l'imitation de certains comportements, par le refoulement des désirs, par des disciplines mentales et la sublimation des passions, que par un frein, imposé aux appétits, sexuels et autres, on parvient après s'être suffisamment torturé l'esprit et le corps, à trouver un quelque-chose qui transcende cette petite vie.Voilà ce que des millions de personnes soi-disant religieuses ont fait au cours des âges ; soit en s'isolant, en s'en allant dans un désert, sur une montagne ou dans une caverne ; soit en errant de village en village avec un bol de mendiant ; ou bien en se réunissant en groupes, dans des monastères, en vue de contraindre leur esprit à se conformer à des modèles établis."
Author: Jiddu Krishnamurti
21. "Chicago is a lot of my background as a chef."
Author: Jose Garces
22. "You never forget a beautiful thing that you have made,' [Chef Bugnard] said. 'Even after you eat it, it stays with you - always."
Author: Julia Child
23. "I'm not a chef. I think in this country, we use the term very loosely. I'm a cook and a teacher."
Author: Julia Child
24. "Here's Lego Zombie Chef! Here's Lego Zombie builder! See their grasping hands and posable limbs!"
Author: Kirsty McKay
25. "People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict."
Author: Lemony Snicket
26. "They eat the dainty food of famous chefs with the same pleasure with which they devour gross peasant dishes, mostly composed of garlic and tomatoes, or fisherman's octopus and shrimps, fried in heavily scented olive oil on a little deserted beach."
Author: Luigi Barzini
27. "I made you something to eat if you're hungry." Leigh peered at the steaming pile on the plate on the tray, then asked uncertainly. "What is it?" "Prime cuts in gravy." "Prime cuts in gravy?" she echoed slowly. "Did you cook it?""I opened the can and heated it up in the microwave for one minute. Someone named Alpo cooked it." Leigh stiffened, her head shooting up, eyes wide with disbelief. "Alpo?" He shrugged. "That's what the can said." Leigh shook her head with bewilderment. "You can use a microwave, but not a phone, and don't know that Alpo isn't the chef, but the brand name for dog food?" There was something seriously wrong here."
Author: Lynsay Sands
28. "Hey, lovebirds, do I have your order right or are you too busy necking to notice?" the chef asked, pointing at us with one of his cooking knives.I snapped my head up and could feel my cheeks flush, but as usual John was as cool as a cucumber. He smiled and looked at the chef. "We weren't necking...yet. But I'm sure we will be as soon as you're done making our steaks."The hipster couple shook their heads, but I could hear Martha awwing at us again. Luckily the chef had a sense of humor, but it still embarrassed the heck out of me."Okay, red meat and then necking.Gotcha. You need some wine? Or music to set the mood?" he asked, playing an invisible violin on his shoulder."
Author: Magan Vernon
29. "Being an Ethiopian-born, Swedish-raised chef, there's nothing traditional about my Thanksgiving spread."
Author: Marcus Samuelsson
30. "First need in the reform of hospital management? That's easy! The death of all dietitians, and the resurrection of a French chef."
Author: Martin H. Fischer
31. "Japanese chefs believe our soul goes into our knives once we start using them. You wouldn't put your soul in a dishwasher!"
Author: Masaharu Morimoto
32. "Because I'm so known as a meat-chef, when I talk about Meatless Monday some people look at me like I've lost my mind. I'm like, look, I'm not saying beef and pork is bad, I love it and I eat it six days a week."
Author: Michael Symon
33. "For the longest time, chefs and restaurateurs were able to get products home cooks couldn't get, but that's not the case anymore."
Author: Michael Symon
34. "I love 'Top Chef.'"
Author: Monica Raymund
35. "If I want popularity, I go to a chef's convention."
Author: Nathan Myhrvold
36. "Cooking is for chefs. Science informs us and lets us cook while knowing what we are doing, but it is not a replacement for the skills of a chef."
Author: Nathan Myhrvold
37. "I was good at math and science, and I got lots of degrees in lots of things, but in a parallel universe, I probably became a chef."
Author: Nathan Myhrvold
38. "Eve se leva-nue,grande,élancée- et traversa la pièce jusqu'à l'autochef. Il l'examina par-dessus le rebord de sa tasse.- Tu devrais porter cette tenue plus souvent. C'est ma préférée."
Author: Nora Roberts
39. "Society, civilized society at least, is never very ready to believe anything to the detriment of those who are both rich and fascinating. It feels instinctively that manners are of more importance than morals, and, in its opinion, the highest respectability is of much less value than the possession of a good chef."
Author: Oscar Wilde
40. "Television is kind of a disappointment. I often want to watch it, but I find it quite hard - I don't like soaps, reality TV or celebrity chefs."
Author: Quentin Blake
41. "I never cooked at home - my father was the chef."
Author: Rene Redzepi
42. "There really is a camaraderie among chefs and a willingness to help out whenever we can."
Author: Rocco DiSpirito
43. "Pastry is different from cooking because you have to consider the chemistry, beauty and flavor. It's not just sugar and eggs thrown together. I tell my pastry chefs to be in tune for all of this. You have to be challenged by using secret or unusual ingredients."
Author: Ron Ben Israel
44. "If you've attended the Cordon Bleu, you would know that no woman is supposed to be a chef - only men."
Author: Sandra Lee
45. "Being a chef would be too much hard work."
Author: Sophie Ellis Bextor
46. "You never hear of a sportsman losing his sense of smell in a tragic accident and for good reason; in order for the universe to teach excruciating lessons that are unable to apply in later life, the sportsman must lose his legs, the philosopher his mind, the painter his eyes, the musician his ears, the chef his tongue."
Author: Steve Toltz
47. "If you can't reuse or repair an item, do you ever really own it? Do you ever really own it? Do you ever develop the sense of pride and proprietorship that comes from maintaining an object in fine working order?We invest something of ourselves in our material world, which in turn reflects who we are. In the era of disposability that plastic has helped us foster, we have increasingly invested ourselves in objects that have no real meaning in our lives. We think of disposable lighters as conveniences -- which they indisputably are; ask any smoker or backyard-barbecue chef -- and yet we don't think much about the tradeoffs that that convenience entails."
Author: Susan Freinkel
48. "I miss being fawned over by restaurateurs and chefs."
Author: Toby Young
49. "'Chef' doesn't mean that you're the best cook, it simply means 'boss.'"
Author: Tom Colicchio
50. "Il eut même le temps de comparer les mérites respectifs de l'une et de l'autre et de faire ce choix sans conséquence pratique que font presque toujours les hommes en regardant les femmes. Darenski, qui cherchait à mettre la main sur le commandant de l'armée, qui se demandait si celui-ci lui donnerait les chiffres dont il avait besoin, qui se demandait où il pourrait trouver à manger et à dormir, qui aurait aimé savoir si la division où il devait se rendre n'était pas trop éloignée et si la route qui y menait n'était pas trop mauvaise, Darenski, donc, eut le temps de se dire pour la forme (mais quand même pas seulement pour la forme): 'Celle-là!' Et il advint qu'il n'alla pas chez le chef de l'état-major mais resta à jouer aux cartes."
Author: Vasily Grossman
Quotes About Chef Pictures