Famous Quotes About Cherished Time
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Cherished Time.
Top Quotes About Cherished Time
1. "He thought women were every bit as intelligent as men, every bit as capable of figuring out how long it would take for train A to crash into train B if the two were moving toward each other at an average speed of C. They were as capable of rational thought; they just didn't appear to be as interested in it. They were happy to apply rational argument to defend what they already believed but unlikely to be swayed by it, not if it conflicted with inclination or, worse, intuition, not if it undercut a cherished opinion or nettled their self-esteem. So many times, when Nate had been arguing with a woman, a point was reached when it became clear that no argument would alter her thinking. Her position was one she "felt" to be true; it was, as a result, impermeable."
Author: Adelle Waldman
2. "Or maybe a ghost was only a thing that endures, like the furnishings of this room, like the chairs or table; a little worse for wear, but still here because someone cherished it, or because it was made of such hardy stuff that time couldn't wear it down fast enough."
Author: Ari Berk
3. "An enthusiastic desire of visiting the Old World haunted me from early childhood. I cherished a presentiment, amounting almost to belief, that I should one day behold the scenes, among which my fancy had so long wandered."
Author: Bayard Taylor
4. "Small moments we find so pointless can become cherished memories with time and the perspective that wisdom brings."
Author: Brandy Nacole
5. "So that precious romance we fought so hard for and cherished so much, it's dead and gone. Maybe we can catch each other in the next lifetime, or maybe it's buried forever. But I will always, always be in love with you. As for the rest of what we have, we'll see that again soon. We'll make sure of it."
Author: Diane Rinella
6. "Cherished it for being small and inconvenient, and thus keeping out the "new people" whom New York was beginning to dread and yet be drawn to; and the sentimental clung to it for its historic associations, and the musical for its excellent acoustics, always so problematic a quality in halls built for the hearing of music."
Author: Edith Wharton
7. "When a man is happy enough to win the affections of a sweet girl, who can soothe his cares with crochet, and respond to all his most cherished ideas with beaded urn-rugs and chair-covers in German wool, he has, at least, a guarantee of domestic comfort, whatever trials may await him out of doors. What a resource it is under fatigue and irritation to have your drawing-room well supplied with small mats, which would always be ready if you ever wanted to set anything on them ! And what styptic for a bleeding heart can equal copious squares of crochet, which are useful for slipping down the moment you touch them ? How our fathers managed without crochet is the wonder; but I believe some small and feeble substitute existed in their time under the name of 'tatting'."
Author: George Elliott
8. "Love of democracy can be likened to a mother's love for her son.It must be cherished,nurtured and protected for all of time"
Author: J.R. Ortiz
9. "If the members of the Church would search their scriptures more intensely in the spirit of humility and prayer, disputations would cease among us. It seems to be a difficult thing to eliminate from the minds of some of our brethren cherished notions that are contrary to the revealed word. Many questions have been answered time and time again by those who have the knowledge and are prepared to give the answers, yet the error continues to exist. . . . Why is it that some members of the Church grasp at every sensational rumor with apparent eagerness and delight? If the same eagerness were applied to the revelations already given and we would heed them soberly and in humility of spirit, all would be well. The Lord has promised the Church "commandments not a few, and revelation in their time," yet we have some clamoring for more revelation when we have failed to keep those already given."
Author: Joseph Fielding Smith
10. "Because I knew the moment I saw you," he ground out savagely, her "I hate you" still ringing in his ears, "that in another life—a life where I didn't become a dark sorcerer—you were my wife. I cherished you. I adored you. I loved you until the end of time, Jessica MacKeltar. But I doona get to have that life. So I'll take you any fucking way I can get you. And I'll not apologize for one moment of it"
Author: Karen Marie Moning
11. "I want to hold on tight to everything and everyone I cherished and, at the same time, saw in a way I never had before that living on this earth, growing older, and growing up in the true sense of the word is really about learning how to let go."
Author: Katrina Kenison
12. "Jennie was beginning to accept how much she cared for him. He'd been her friend for so long. Her support in so many ways. He protected her. He cared for her without question whenever she needed him.But there was more than that. He made her feel special. Cherished. He made her laugh and he held her when she cried. So many men would have walked away from her a long time ago considering what she'd put him through. She knew it would never have crossed Chad's mind to do that."
Author: Lori Ryan
13. "Times i think u were the most cherished trophy i had, but sometimes i think i was the game that you played."
Author: Paul Auster
14. "Balanced service is a virtue to be cherished. There is to be time in our life to serve God, to serve our family, to serve our country and community, to serve our employer. Wise persons budget available time so that no significant area of one's life falls into a state of neglect."
Author: Thomas S. Monson
Quotes About Cherished Time Pictures