Famous Quotes About Chick
Browse 972 famous quotes and sayings about Chick.
Top Quotes About Chick
1. "I am much bigger than the average chicken, and furthermore I was armed with a rolling pin and kitchen knife. As a matter of fact I have always had the greatest contempt for chickens. They are so stupid that they probably don't even notice the difference when they die, but I must admit that this particular chicken put up a very good fight."
Author: Auberon Waugh
2. "I don't give a chicken's sorry ass who taught you. I just want to play."
Author: Beth Hoffman
3. "EJ cries, "We've been best friends since kindergarten. You can't become a babe slayer and leave me in the dust! I don't have an older sister. I'm disadvantaged. All I got is Emmy, who can only drop preschool wisdom like, 'No pull Barbie's hair!'" "That's probably some early girl wisdom. Nobody likes to get their hair pulled," I say. "Except this one chick in my porno; I think she's into it. I cant really tell, though. I wish they would slow down."
Author: Brent Crawford
4. "She spilled your secrets," said Quinn"Yeah?" He sliced off a piece of chicken and glanced across the table. "What's my name Becca?"Busted. Becca wanted to melt into a puddle.Quinn grinned. "You mean it's not really New Kid?"
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
5. "I had a deeper understanding that no matter what situation would come my way, I would be in the hands of the Lord, and he would rescue me. I felt ashamed and guilty for how I'd complained to the Lord, but he was patient and loving to me, not treating me as I deserved, but gently helping me like an eagle tending her baby chicks."
Author: Brother Yun
6. "My mother, on Sundays, used to prepare things to use during the week, like freshly made broth. It wasn't chicken stock or pasta sauces. She always made her own homemade pasta. So, the amount of dedication that goes into what these people used to do - it was a long time ago but you come to appreciate the hard work and the care about little things."
Author: Carrie Ann Inaba
7. "Sins, like chickens, come home to roost."
Author: Charles W. Chesnutt
8. "Oh, hell, he'd look hot in a chicken suit."
Author: Cyn Balog
9. "Clara: "I won't hurt you." Be not afraid.His eyes flashed with anger like i've come right out and called him chicken."
Author: Cynthia Hand
10. "I eat cheese and salami and a lot of fried chicken. I eat a big bag of oatmeal-raisin cookies every night and I don't gain weight. I still look OK as long as I'm dressed."
Author: Ellen Barkin
11. "Oh it don't make no kind of sense. Big ol' ox like Grady won't sit next to a colored child. But he eats eggs- shoot right outta chicken's ass!"
Author: Fannie Flagg
12. "The Christian admits that the universe is manifold and even miscellaneous, just as a sane man knows that he is complex. The sane man knows that he has a touch of the beast, a touch of the devil, a touch of the saint, a touch of the citizen. Nay, the really sane man knows that he has a touch of the madman. But the materialist's world is quite simple and solid, just as the madman is quite sure he is sane. The materialist is sure that history has been simply and solely a chain of causation, just as the interesting person before mentioned is quite sure that he is simply and solely a chicken. Materialists and madmen never have doubts."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
13. "The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression."
Author: Gary Larson
14. "You know we have reversed roles, right? The guy is the one who usually doesn't want to spoon and the chick wants to be all hugged up on him."
Author: Georgia Cates
15. "Life is all about love. Everything — hate, lust, money, power, death, birth — it all stems from love. If life were put in a giant pot and boiled like a piece of chicken, all the fat would melt away, and what you'd be left with is love."
Author: J. Matthew Nespoli
16. "I never knew you could spend hours just kissing a girl. I never knew because I‘d never done it before. In the last month, I‘d learned just how erotic kissing could be. Many nights I‘d left her place unsatisfied sexually, but completely content emotionally.I sound like a fucking chick. I want to go drink a beer and punch something.That‘s better."
Author: J. Sterling
17. "You're looking at that chick like you want to roll her up in a taco and put your hot sauce all over her."
Author: J.R. Ward
18. "My friend told me later he got the chicken pox. I told him I caught politics and never got over it."
Author: Jack Johnson
19. "When you let the wolves guard the hen house, there's bound to be a few chicken dinners."
Author: James St. James
20. "Morelli was wearing a blazer over a black knit shirt, He took a seat, and his jacket swung wide, exposing the gun at his hip."Nice piece!" Grandma said. "What is it? Is that a forty-five?""It's a nine- millimeter.""Don't suppose you'd let me see it," Grandma said. "I'd sure like to get the feel of a gun like that.""No!" said everyone in unison."I shot a chicken once," Grandma explained to Morelli. "It was an accident.""Where did you shoot it?" he finally asked."In the gumpy," Grandma said. "Shot it clear off."
Author: Janet Evanovich
21. "I want to be strapped to a table, while a family of chickens argues over who gets to eat my legs."
Author: Jarod Kintz
22. "You're an escapee from the loony bin," I said. "You're the butt of every joke ever told. You might as well be the chicken that crossed the road."
Author: Jennifer Echols
23. "I'm sorry, but chick fights are sexy. If you don't think so, you're either an uptight woman or a lying man."
Author: John Ridley
24. "Stop that! What were you doing, perched on the window ledge like a big chicken?"Despite his aches and irritations, he couldn't help but grin. "I prefer to think of myself as a more noble bird, like a hawk.""I'm sure you do. But you flew like a chicken than any hawk I've seen."
Author: Karen Hawkins
25. "Sink," I mumbled."What?" the nurse asked."I think she said ‘drink,'" Preya said."Sink!" I yelled.They hurried me to the small washing area near the rear of the clinic just in time for the stainless steel sink to catch the chicken soup that refused to stay eaten. I heaved and heaved until I had nothingleft to heave, and then some. Preya held up my hair while the nurse rubbed circles on my back. My entire body convulsed. After the trembling stopped, I lifted the tap and washed out my mouth."When did I eat carrots?"
Author: Kate Evangelista
26. "The flock gets sight of a spot of blood on some chicken and they all go to peckin' at it, see, till they rip the chicken to shreds, blood and bones and feathers. But usually a couple of the flock gets spotted in the fracas, then it's their turn. And a few more gets spots and gets pecked to death, and more and more. Oh, a peckin' party can wipe out the whole flock in a matter of a few hours, buddy, I seen it. A mighty awesome sight. The only way to prevent it—with chickens—is to clip blinders on them. So's they can't see."
Author: Ken Kesey
27. "We drove out of New Paltz heading due north. Squeezed into my tiny hatchback, among our boxes and bags, were my dog, Nico, the hens, and the humming hive of bees, its openings covered over with tape. The dog eyed the hive, the chickens eyed the dog, and if the bees weren't nervous they were the only ones."
Author: Kristin Kimball
28. "The humans were sitting cross-legged on the floor in a circle of soldiers, pointing at things and learning more Chimaera words: salt, rat, eat, which unfortunate combination led to Zuzana rejecting the meat on her plate."I think it's chicken," Mik said, taking a bite."I'm just saying there were a lot more rats around here earlier.""Circumstantial evidence." Mik took another bite and said, in passable Chimaera and to guffaws of laughter, "Salty delicious rat.""It's chicken," insisted one of the Shadows That Live. Karou wasn't sure which it was, but she was flapping her arms like wings, and even producing chicken bones to prove it."
Author: Laini Taylor
29. "Most of us are one of two things: blind or chicken-shit. We wouldn't know a crossroads in our lives if it had a set of stoplights and a Denny's."
Author: Larry Brooks
30. "With an air of confession, Jin lowered his voice. "Eggs come out of chickens' butts, you know."
Author: Lois McMaster Bujold
31. "You're my chicken."
Author: Lynetta Halat
32. "The hour of noon has passed,' said Judge Fang. 'Let us go and get some Kentucky Fried Chicken."
Author: Neal Stephenson
33. "All-too-familiar homes. There were at least a dozen people waiting at the meat counter, and the dairy case had already been emptied of the pound blocks of butter Grandma liked to use for baking. I tried not to get annoyed and made substitutions whenever I came across an item on my list that had sold out. It actually seemed appropriate somehow to have such a hodgepodge holiday. I had to settle for chicken instead of the traditional Cornish game hens that Grandma prepared for our Christmas feast. Low-fat eggnog because the regular cartons were already gone. Margarine substituted for butter. At the checkout, I counted the cash that Grandma"
Author: Nicole Baart
34. "Never judge a chicken by its skin."
Author: Nicole Johnson
35. "I'm a thigh-meat dude. Thigh is just the best meat - I don't get chicken breast. I think it's a publicity stunt that we've convinced people it's delicious."
Author: Patrice O'Neal
36. "The Kentucky Fried Chicken corporation made a bobble head of me and sent it to my management. No card, nothing."
Author: Patton Oswalt
37. "NASA asked me to create meals for the space shuttle. Thai chicken was the favorite. I flew in a fake space shuttle, but I have no desire to go into space after seeing the toilet."
Author: Rachael Ray
38. "My yogurt was nestled into a bag, waiting to turn into aushak, and all around us were sausages and pastry, lollipops and spices, chicken and cheese. Any world that contained all this, I thought surveying our loot, was a very fine place. I felt reinvigorated, alive, optimistic. The though of getting back to work suddenly seemed like fun."
Author: Ruth Reichl
39. "I have a farm and I love it there. There's really nothing to do, but even watching the chickens, its fun."
Author: Salma Hayek
40. "You ever see Willy Wonka? You know that part where the girl eats an everlasting gobstopper sweet and it tastes of everything? Like chicken soup and roast beef and blueberry pie all rolled into one? Well, that's exactly what Shapeshifter blood tastes like..."
Author: Sarah Alderson
41. "I keep asking myself," whispered Sabetha, giving Locke's arm a squeeze, "ARE we smarter than that woman's chicken?""At the moment, it's an open question," said Locke."
Author: Scott Lynch
42. "If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?"
Author: Seymour Cray
43. "My view [is] that what morality boils down to is, 'Don't harm, and do help.' And now the question is, 'Can creatures like chickens and cows be harmed?' And the answer is, 'Of course they can.' Consequently, I think it's immoral to harm them. And that seems to me to provide a very strong moral reason to be vegetarian, to not wear leather... it seems to me that our treatment of animals is morally appalling... and that we ought to radically revise the way we live, precisely because they feel pain, they can be hurt, and we're constantly hurting these creatures!"
Author: Shelly Kagan
44. "I don't do vague. If I want to call you a coward, I will bock at you in no uncertain terms. Chicken shit.""-Urian"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
45. "I'm not really this rock'n'roll chick."
Author: Tia Carrere
46. "And the City, in its own way, gets down for you, cooperates, smoothing its sidewalks, correcting its curbstones, offering you melons and green apples on the corner. Racks of yellow head scarves; strings of Egyptian beads. Kansas fried chicken and something with raisins call attention to an open window where the aroma seems to lurk. And if that's not enough, doors to speakeasies stand ajar and in that cool dark place a clarinet coughs and clears its throat waiting for the woman to decide on the key. She makes up her mind and as you pass by informs your back that she is daddy's little angel child. The City is smart at this: smelling and good and looking raunchy; sending secret messages disguised as public signs: this way, open here, danger to let colored only single men on sale woman wanted private room stop dog on premises absolutely no money down fresh chicken free delivery fast. And good at opening locks, dimming stairways. Covering your moans with its own."
Author: Toni Morrison
47. "I remember on the 'Midnight Special' seeing a video with Meat Loaf. I think it was the 'Bat Out Of Hell' video. It was like this raging huge fat guy, and he's really sexual, and he's really sweaty, and it's really kind of sexy. Like, a fat guy can get the chick. I still am a big fan of 'Bat Out Of Hell.'"
Author: William Earl Brown
48. "...who thus translated the Chickasaw title meaning "The Man"; which translation Ikkemotubbe, himself a man of wit and imagination as well as a shrewd judge of character, including his own, carried it one step further and anglicised it to "Doom."
Author: William Faulkner
49. "Sometimes God gits familiar wid us womenfolks too and talks His inside business. He told me.how surprised y'all is goin' tuh be if you ever find out you don't know half as much 'bout us as you think yo do. It's so easy to make yo'self out God Almighty when you ain't got nothin' tuh strain against but women and chickens."
Author: Zora Neale Hurston
50. "Anybody depending on somebody else's gods is depending on a fox not to eat chickens."
Author: Zora Neale Hurston
Quotes About Chick Pictures