Famous Quotes About Ching
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Ching.
Top Quotes About Ching
1. "Actually punching is a mistake; a heavy hitter will cut you with one shot."
Author: Alexis Arguello
2. "My passion has always been books and literature, and teaching."
Author: Azar Nafisi
3. "Right then, I wanted to go back in time and relive every moment with him. One more secret smile, one more shared laugh. One more electric kiss. Finding him was like finding someone I didn't know I was searching for. He'd come into my life too late, and now was leaving too soon. I remembered him telling he'd give up everything for me. He already had."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
4. "You wanted to become a doctor to help people and feel better at the end of your job, I think, watching them, as the nurse takes my hand. But I don't think you do feel better at the end of the day. You look like humans have constantly disappointed you."
Author: Caitlin Moran
5. "Her loyalty to Yahweh prompts her to challenge the religious status quo and lead others into a whole new realm of allegiance to Yahweh that carries early hints of the teachings of Jesus."
Author: Carolyn Custis James
6. "I have been obsessed with 'Full House' since I was five years old. I just can't stop watching the reruns!"
Author: Cassie Scerbo
7. "I'm a happy member of the church. I'm proud of it and defend it. It makes me bold and gives me confidence. I feel I know the answer to life - that it's all about. If you're not searching for the answer to life, you have more time to make art. It's a rock for me upon which I can tap dance."
Author: Catherine Hicks
8. "Keep back no part of the precious truth, but speak what you know, and testify what you have seen. Let not the toil or darkness, or possible unbelief of your friends, weigh one moment in the scale. Up, and be marching to the place of duty, and there tell what great things God has shown to your soul."
Author: Charles H. Spurgeon
9. "I think I enjoy working obviously as a lead, but also you know I feel I'm also a character actor as well, so I enjoy approaching various projects in all sort of capacities. Any film I have been able to do I feel very fortunate to have been a part of."
Author: Chiwetel Ejiofor
10. "To observe a profoundly stupid individual can be very enriching, and that's why we should never feel contempt for them."
Author: Claude Chabrol
11. "The West has always been the epicentre of possibility. One of the ways we forge against mortality is to head west. It's to do with catching the sun before it slips behind the horizon."
Author: Daniel Day Lewis
12. "I am now 33 years old, and it feels like much time has passed and is passing faster and faster every day. Day to day I have to make all sorts of choices about what is good and important and fun, and then I have to live with the forfeiture of all the other options those choices foreclose. And I'm starting to see how as time gains momentum my choices will narrow and their foreclosures multiply exponentially until I arrive at some point on some branch of all life's sumptuous branching complexity at which I am finally locked in and stuck on one path and time speeds me through stages of stasis and atrophy and decay until I go down for the third time, all struggle for naught, drowned by time. It is dreadful. But since it's my own choices that'll lock me in, it seems unavoidable--if I want to be any kind of grownup, I have to make choices and regret foreclosures and try to live with them."
Author: David Foster Wallace
13. "After watching what this purchase had cost Irwin and Linda, Amy and I chose a different path. Love, we figured, may be the best thing that ever happens between two people. And that the best thing is of no worldly worth struck us a beautiful paradox--and an endangered one. We therefore began fighting to defend the worthlessness of lovers everywhere in the only way we knew how: by vowing to remain as inseparable from each other, and as utterly useless to all opportunists, as the rest of our responsibilities would allow."
Author: David James Duncan
14. "All the passengers were crowded over on the landside of the ship, watching through the narrow windows the careened hulk of a freighter, visibly damaged by shellfire, which had driven ashore to beach her cargo. She lay aground, looking against the sand in that clear water like a whale with smokestacks that had come to the beach to die."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
15. "It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching."
Author: Francis Of Assisi
16. "Subhuti, someone might fill innumerable worlds with the seven treasures and give all away in gifts of alms, but if any good man or any good woman awakens the thought of Enlightenment and takes even only four lines from this Discourse, reciting, using, receiving, retaining and spreading them abroad and explaining them for the benefit of others, it will be far more meritorious. Now in what manner may he explain them to others? By detachment from appearances-abiding in Real Truth. -So I tell you-Thus shall you think of all this fleeting world:A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;A flash of lightening in a summer cloud,A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.When Buddha finished this Discourse the venerable Subhuti, together with the bhikshus, bhikshunis, lay-brothers and sisters, and the whole realms of Gods, Men and Titans, were filled with joy by His teaching, and, taking it sincerely to heart they went their ways."
Author: Gautama Buddha
17. "No other ethnic group has even come close to matching the abilities and accomplishments of Jews."
Author: H.W. Charles
18. "If 'Airplane!' comes on, it's like a comfort film. You can always guarantee a laugh watching that movie."
Author: Hal Sparks
19. "My time, the rank I attain, my outward appearance - all of these are secondary. For a runner like me, what's really important is reaching the goal I set myself, under my own power. I give it everything I have, endure what needs enduring, and am able, in my own way, to be satisfied."
Author: Haruki Murakami
20. "First love is a kind of vaccination which saves a man from catching the complaint a second time."
Author: Honoré De Balzac
21. "Divorce isn't such a tragedy. A tragedy's staying in an unhappy marriage, teaching your children the wrong things about love. Nobody ever died of divorce."
Author: Jennifer Weiner
22. "We know fun. Like two weekends ago we stayed up all night watching a documentary marathon on the brain." She rolled her eyes toward Erin. "We're positively wild."
Author: Jenny B. Jones
23. "Aiming high and reaching their is amazing but what's more exciting is that when you don't know what's next."
Author: Jerril Thomas
24. "To pitch here is to live. People pitch their kids into good schools, pitch offers on houses they can't afford, and when they're caught in the arms of the wrong person, pitch unlikely explanations. Hospitals pitch birthing centers, daycares pitch love, high schools pitch success . . . car dealerships pitch luxury, counselors self-esteem, masseuses happy endings, cemeteries eternal rest . . . It's endless, the pitching—endless, exhilarating, soul-sucking, and as unrelenting as death. As ordinary as morning sprinklers."
Author: Jess Walter
25. "Tada references the accusation in Jeremiah that the people have forsaken God as Living Water by remembering a hiking trip from her younger days. Reaching a clear stream at the end of her trip, she emptied her canteen of the warm, metallic-tasting water and filled up on fresh water."
Author: Joni Eareckson Tada
26. "Even as a young man, Sawtooth had a hard time talking to women. Since moving to Out-to-Sea, he's become tight-lipped as an oyster. But he can feel the worlds pearling on his tongue: Girl, you are my moon. You are the tidal pull that keeps time marching forward."
Author: Karen Russell
27. "I'm happy to be going," said Mig, putting a hand up and gently touching one of her cauliflower ears."Might just as well be happy, seeing as it doesn't make a difference to anyone but you if you are or not," said the soldier."
Author: Kate DiCamillo
28. "A person's actions could be interpreted in a number of ways, depending on who was watching. Their viewpoints were simply skewed by their beliefs, their prejudices, and their private desires. Their personal kaleidoscopes. I couldn't judge them, of course. I was the same way."
Author: Kirsten Hubbard
29. "So what indeed! The lesson I myself learned over and over again when teaching at the college and then the prison was the uselessness of information to most people, except as entertainment. If facts weren't funny or scary, or couldn't make you rich, the heck with them."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
30. "Dealing with morons … is like teaching Hindu to a beagle."
Author: Lee Child
31. "I'm part of that generation that grew up watching TV, and being an actor was all about being on TV or being in films."
Author: Lennie James
32. "When we are in the grasp of illusion – or, for that matter, whenever we have a new idea – instead of searching for ways to prove our ideas wrong, we usually attempt to prove them correct. Psychologists call this the confirmation bias, and it presents a major impediment of our ability to break free from the misinterpretation of randomness."
Author: Leonard Mlodinow
33. "Someday," I say softly, "you'll tell me the whole story. I'll wait." "When you know the whole story, you won't want me anymore. I'm that girl." "Don't count on that." When I lift my eyes to her face, she's watching me with something like wonder. "What?" She shakes her head, "I can't figure you out." "Good." I cup her face in my palms and trace her bottom lip with my thumb. "Then maybe you won't be able to figure out how to push me away."
Author: Lexi Ryan
34. "Of course every girl wishes she could be one of those pop star babes who wave their hands in the air yelling about being survivors but when love sits on one side of you and loneliness on the other, it's hard to stop the touching and the kissing."
Author: Lisa O'Donnell
35. "Each of us, famous or infamous, is a role model for somebody, and if we aren't, we should behave as though we are -- cheerful, kind, loving, courteous. Because you can be sure someone is watching and taking deliberate and diligent notes."
Author: Maya Angelou
36. "You naturally begin to center more and more on the spiritual part of your being. You do this not by reaching for the Spirit, but by letting go of the rest."
Author: Michael A. Singer
37. "We (Muslims) have no right, in our present misery, to boast of past glories. But we must realise that it was the negligence of the Muslims - and not any deficiency in the teachings of Islam - that caused our present decay."
Author: Muhammad Asad
38. "Making a FistFor the first time, on the road north of Tampico,I felt the life sliding out of me,a drum in the desert, harder and harder to hear.I was seven, I lay in the carwatching palm trees swirl a sickening pattern past the glass.My stomach was a melon split wide inside my skin."How do you know if you are going to die?"I begged my mother.We had been traveling for days.With strange confidence she answered,"When you can no longer make a fist."Years later I smile to think of that journey,the borders we must cross separately,stamped with our unanswerable woes.I who did not die, who am still living,still lying in the backseat behind all my questions,clenching and opening one small hand."
Author: Naomi Shihab Nye
39. "By burning nuclear waste as fuel, we believe we can power the United States cleanly for hundreds of years without ever touching new resources."
Author: Nathan Myhrvold
40. "You see, Yousef, you can't force someone in their hearts to believe the way you do. They all tried and failed. They judged by their own convictions--not even by the truth of the teachings of Isa. No one is above God's judgment. No one has the right to judge for him."
Author: Pola Muzyka
41. "Did you follow me from the party?""Yes""I didn't even know you were there." His dark clothes indicated he must have been on guardian duty at the party. "So you saw the illustrious Janine cause a commotion by dragging me out.""It wasn't a commotion. Hardly anyone noticed. I saw because I was watching you."
Author: Richelle Mead
42. "The fishing is a great relief for me. When I'm out there's no cell phone ringing. I'm out there fishing with bears. I'm in the middle of God's country catching tons of fish. I just absolutely love it."
Author: Rick Barry
43. "Having perfected our disguise, we spend our lives searching for someone we don't fool."
Author: Robert Brault
44. "You are an ocean in a drop of dew,all the universes in a thin sack of blood.What are these pleasures then,these joys, these worldsthat you keep reaching for,hoping they will make you more alive?"
45. "I get scared easily, so I'm not one for just sitting down with a bowl of popcorn and watching horror stories. But, I mean, I'm learning more. Maybe one day I'd like to be able to watch them."
Author: Taissa Farmiga
46. "Upstairs, in what had been until then the cash office, Young Sam slept peacefully in a makeshift bed. One day, Vimes hoped, he would be able to tell him that on one special night he'd been guarded by four troll watchmen. They'd been off duty but volunteered to come in for this, and were just itching for some dwarfs to try anything. Sam hoped the boy would be impressed; the most other kids could hope for was angels."
Author: Terry Pratchett
47. "The Kappamaki, a whaling research ship, was currently researching the question: How many whales can you catch in one week?"
Author: Terry Pratchett
48. "There were two kinds of storms, Alice thought. One was a friendly kind that you could enjoy watching out the window with a cup of tea. It crashed around in the sky with theatricality but no real malice.This storm was the other, the killing kind. There are horrors that exist in the night, the bitter wind said, horrors that only children and demons can see. There are horrors that exist in the mind as well, that only the individual can bear witness to. The winter wind sang of things that the mind did not quite remember but that fear never forgot, filled as people are with the haunts and tragedies that make up the shadows of their lives. We can't endure them, the wind whispered, for when the light and warmth are truly taken we are left shivering naked in the dark. Then we hear a nearby husky chuckle that tells us we are prey."
Author: Thea Harrison
49. "To be frank, I suspect that today there is little respect for Christianity as source of moral teaching about goodness."
Author: Timothy Radcliffe
50. "April. Spring was on the land like an itch. The whole countryside seemed to be scratching itself awake—lazily, luxuriously, though occasionally scratching so hard its nails hit bone, that old cold calcium that lies beneath our tingles."
Author: Tom Robbins
Quotes About Ching Pictures