Famous Quotes About Choke
Browse 387 famous quotes and sayings about Choke.
Top Quotes About Choke
1. "But like so many other things in my life, I had a feeling it would come and bite me on the ass. Until then, I'd cope by avoiding the topic at all costs. Swallow that puppy down and hope I didn't choke on it."
Author: Alexia Purdy
2. "The global economy is spluttering back into life. The Tories would have left it to choke to death."
Author: Alistair Darling
3. "The mouthful of turkey sandwich I'd bitten off caught in my throat when Ren rested his hand on my leg, his fingers exploring the curve of my thigh. I coughed and snatched the bottle of water from his other hand, taking several desperate swallows before swatting his fingers from my leg. "Are you trying to kill me?" I choked the words out. "Keep your hands to yourself."
Author: Andrea Cremer
4. "Poetry is again hip in America as people are beginning to refuse to die of boredom and to choke in the fog of their funny money."
Author: Andrei Codrescu
5. "Noal nodded to one of the corridors 'These corridors are narrow. Good choke points. A man could stand there and only have to fight one or two at a time. He'd last maybe a few minutes. ...'Thom, you're in no shape to fight. Mat, you're the one who's luck can find a way out. Neither of you can stay, but I can."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
6. "We give up our backs and allow religious myths to apply the rear naked choke to our minds."
Author: Cameron Conaway
7. "He made a sound like a choked laughed before he reached out and pulled her into her arms. She was aware of Luke watching them from the window, but she shut her eyes resolutely and buried her face against Jace's shoulder. He smelled of salt and blood, and only when his mouth came close to her ear did she understand what he was saying, and it was the simplest litany of all: her name, just her name."
Author: Cassandra Clare
8. "Takes one to know one. What kind of guy makes a girl an amazing cake without expecting something in return?""A guy who doesn't exist!" Renee yells from the couch, her mouth still full of cake. I hoped she didn't choke."
Author: Chelsea M. Cameron
9. "I darted away from Geir and jmped through the gaping hole in the wall Will's body had made. The settling dust choked me, but I made it through and ran to Will. He was struggling to his feet, leaning heavily on his sword as the point dug into the cold ground. When I reached him, I dropped my swords and wrapped my arms around his chest."I've got you," I said, helping him lift his torso the rest of the way up. I heard a sickening snap in his chest as he groaned, and I knew something was broken. He buried his face into my shoulder and growled in pain."
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
10. "A longer pause, and the carriage came to a halt. "I see very little difference," he finally said into the quiet. "My life is duty. Essentially." Miranda wasn't certain if she hurt more for him or for herself. "What part of your duty am I?" He squeezed her hand. "You're the ray of sun at the center of the storm." It choked her up, that image."
Author: Courtney Milan
11. "Cyn stopped, drawing a deep breath. "Will you answer the fucking question or not? There's more at stake here than Raphael's Dick" Duncan choked back a laugh."
Author: D.B. Reynolds
12. "I could insist that somebody take me to her so I can obey her orders.""I think you might choke on that one, Zakath," Silk said lightly. "Obey is a difficult concept for someone in your position.""He's an irritating little fellow, isn't he?" Zakath said to Garion."I've noticed.""Why, your Majesties," Velvet said, all wide-eyed innocence, "what a thing to suggest.""Well, isn't he?" Zakath said pointedly."Of course, but it's not nice to talk about it."Silk looked slightly offended. "Would you people like for me to go away so you can talk freely?""Oh, that won't be necessary, Kheldar," Velvet said with a dimpled smile."
Author: David Eddings
13. "He offers me a grim, dirty smile."Curiosity killed the cat.""Oh no," I say earnestly."That's a myth. The King of Curiosity was not a cat killer. That cat choked on a chicken bone."
Author: Edmond Manning
14. "She'd probably rip his nuts off and choke him with them for even suggesting it. But hey, at least then she'd be touching me of her own volition."
Author: Eve Langlais
15. "Hysterical laughter. Why did he keep hearing hysterical laughter? Fearghus opened one eye to stare at his two siblings. The were practically falling over each other they were laughing so hard. They woke him up from a sound sleep for this? "What?"His current mood wouldn't allow for this. And definitely wouldn't allow for him. Gwenvael choked out an answer. "She braided your hair, brother." "Like a horse's mane," his sister added."
Author: G.A. Aiken
16. "She's a great cook.""Yeah," Carmine said. "Probably the Italian in her."[...]Dominic laughed. "Must be. You know damn well she has Carmine's full-blooded Italian in her all the time."Carmine's muscles went rigid, and Vincent started coughing as he choked on his drink. Celia snorted, trying to hold back her amusement, but Dominic didn't bother containing himself."
Author: J.M. Darhower
17. "What... are you?" she choked out."No sunlight. Funky choppers." he inhaled raggedly. "Take a guess."
Author: J.R. Ward
18. "And so it was that Gwaihir saw them with his keen far-seeing eyes, as down the wild wind he came, and daring the great peril of the skies he circled in the air: two small dark figures, forlorn, hand in hand upon a little hill, while the world shook under them, and gasped, and rivers of fire drew near. And even as he espied tham and came swooping down, he saw them fall, worn out, or choked with fumes and heat, or stricken down by despair at last, hiding their eyes from death.Side by side they lay; and down swept Gwaihir, and down came Landroval and Meneldor the swift; and in a dream, not knowing what fate had befallen them, the wanderers were lifted up and borne far away out of the darkness and the fire."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
19. "I choked back something welling up in my chest. Every few minutes, the pain renewed itself. I missed her. God, I missed her, and everything we'd gone through played over and over inside my head."
Author: Jamie McGuire
20. "When the person with a chokehold on your soul says, "Jump," you pack your parachute and hope for a soft landing."
Author: Jamie Wyman
21. "LOOK AROUND. GAME DEAD, RIVERS BLACK, LAND CHOKED WITH WEED. SKIES BLEEDING, RED AS BLOOD. FOR WHAT?YOUR KIND ARE BLIND. YOU SEE ONLY THE NOW. NEVER THE WILL BE.BUT SOON YOU WILL. WHEN ALL IS GONE, WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY MONKEY-CHILDREN THAT YOU MURDER FOR A SCRAP OF LAND, A DROP OF CLEAN WATER, THEN YOU WILL SEE."
Author: Jay Kristoff
22. "Oh, yeah." Carissa nodded. "They were googley-eyed in class on Friday. It was pretty steamy, the whole ‘I'mscrewing you with my eyes' thing they had going on." I choked on my drink. "That was not what we were doing. We were talking!"
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
23. "He raked his hand through his hair. 'This is more difficult than I'd anticipated.'Good, she thought. If he was going to break her heart, she didn't want it to be easy for him.'What I'm trying to say is that I had it all wrong. I don't want a wife who...''You don't want a wife?' she choked.'No!' he practically yelled. Then he continued in a more normal tone, 'I don't want a wife who will look the other way if I stray.''You want me to /watch?/'No, I want you to be furious.'Ellie was by now on the verge of tears. 'You deliberately want to make me angry? To hurt me?''No. Oh, God, you've got it all wrong...I just want you to love me so much that if I did [be unfaithful] - which I'm not going to - you would want to have me drawn and quartered."
Author: Julia Quinn
24. "He couldn't have eaten that horrid soup!""He did,and he even pretended to like it.""Pretended?""No one could have liked that meal." She wrinkled her nose. "Mary was mortified.""Mary can be mortified all she wishes; we can't have MacLean da-"Sophia slipped the spoon into his mouth and dumped the contents.Red choked, his face contorting, and he looked around wildly."Do not spit that out."He glared at her, and after what appeared and sounded like a heroic effort, he swallowed the laudanum. "Blech! There! I hope ye're happy!" He grabbed up a hand cloth and began rubbing his tongue vigorously. She calmly replaced the spoon and recorked the bottle. "As I was saying, MacLean swore that he liked every dish at dinner, even the turnips. They were so hard it almost broke my knife to cut one.""Hm.That's very odd,it is."
Author: Karen Hawkins
25. "Sloppy, Mega," I mutter. I still can't see. I wipe my bloody nose on my sleeve and reach out to feel what I hit."That's my dick," Ryodan says. I snatch my hand away. "Gah!" I choke out. I can feel my face again—because, like, it's going up in flames. What kind of universe makes me reach out at exactly that fecking level to feel what I think is a wall and puts my hand on a penis?Then I remember this is Ryodan and scowl. "You did that on purpose!" I accuse. "You saw my hand go out and you stepped right into it!" "I'd do that why, kid?"
Author: Karen Marie Moning
26. "You--" she chokes on a sob and draws back. "You're scared? What a thing to say. You had me thinking you were dead."
Author: Lauren DeStefano
27. "They're on their way to the foreign-language wing. That's no surprise. The foreign kids are always here, like they need to breathe air scented with their native language a couple times a day or they'll choke to death on too much American."
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
28. "Ah yes, that's the man I am! I'm a huntsman – there's no hunter to equal me in the regiment. I'll find you any sort of animal, any sort of bird; and what and where – I knows it all. I have dogs and two guns and nets and a screen and a hawk. I have everything, thank the Lord. If you really are a huntsman, and not just bragging, I'll show you everything. D'you know what sort of man I am? Once I've found a track I knows the animal – knows where he'll sleep and where he'll come to drink or roll about. Then I makes meself a perch and sits there all night, watching. What's the good of staying at home, anyway? You only falls into mischief and gets drunk. And the women come cackling round, and the children yell at you, and you're choked with charcoal smoke."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
29. "Out of the choked Devonian waters emerged sight and sound and the music that rolls invisible through the composer's brain. They are there still in the ooze along the tideline, though no one notices. The world is fixed, we say: fish in the sea, birds in the air. But in the mangrove swamps by the Niger, fish climb trees and ogle uneasy naturalists who try unsuccessfully to chase them back to the water. There are things still coming ashore."
Author: Loren Eiseley
30. "Willow appeared ready to choke her brother. "I have a mouth, rodent, so quit speaking for me." Austin turned to Joe. "Rodent is a good insult, too, huh?""Sure, according to how you use it. Your sister says it to you with affection, but if you say it to some bully, then it'd sound hateful enough." Austin chewed that over. "Okay." His brow scrunched up with suspicion. "But I don't think Willow meant it nice, either." "No, I didn't" Willow, Joe and Austin"
Author: Lori Foster
31. "Emotion choked her. "Since meeting you you've made me feel a lot of things. But not guilt. Not even when I kicked you."He smiled. "Glad to hear it. So what do you say we go check on your sister? I can almost picture her with her ear to the door."Through the door, Natalie said. "Damn right. Now bring my sister back out her."
Author: Lori Foster
32. "She took a bad tumble. Those are some nasty bruises she'scarrying," the maid said with a sad shake of the head."Aye," Cullen agreed, his eyes traveling over lovely, milky white skin,interrupted by several black bruises. "She looks like a cow."Mildrede turned a horrified gaze on him at the comment, but he wasmore concerned by the choked sound that came from his bride. Hereally hadn't meant it as an insult, but it seemed the women were takingit so."I just meant the coloring," Cullen muttered"
Author: Lynsay Sands
33. "Sublime is something you choke on after a shot of tequila."
Author: Mark Z. Danielewski
34. "The color of defeat chokes her pupils, even though her nod and smile and uncomfortable sitting motion on the couch indicate that she is not finished yet. She will carry on, like all of us. Smile stubborn. Smile with instinct, then lick your wounds in the darkest of corners. Trace the scars back to your own fingers and remember them."
Author: Markus Zusak
35. "Chimerical and empty being, your name alone has caused more blood to flow on the face of the earth than any political war ever will. Return to the nothingness from which the mad hope and ridiculous fright of men dared call you forth to their misfortune. You only appeared as a torment for the human race. What crimes would have been spared the world, if they had choked the first imbecile who thought of speaking of you."
Author: Marquis De Sade
36. "If Vaughn was here to assume control blood would spill. "If you'd smelled like wolf," he said, trying to sound as if bloody possessiveness didn't have a chokehold on him, "I'd have had to kill you."
Author: Nalini Singh
37. "He watched the early light of the new moon glint fretfully on the river, now silver slivers, now darkness, as the night breeze stirred the choked growth on the banks and lifted the tree branches. The watersteps were a deserted invitation, and he envied Hori who must surely even now be reclining on the bottom of his skiff, Antef beside him, their fishing lines tied to the boat whilst they watched the stars and gossiped. His fountain tinkled like music in the darkness, and the monkeys sighed and snuffled in their favourite warm spot under the stone basin, which still held the warmth of the day's heat."
Author: Pauline Gedge
38. "It is this kindness of his that unsettles me most. I can dodge a blow or block a knife. I am impervious to poison and know a dozen ways to escape a chokehold or garrote wire. But kindness? I do not know how to defend against that."
Author: R.L. LaFevers
39. "Adam: "I guess I struck a nerve."Gordon: "Suck my cock and choke on it."
Author: Santino Hassell
40. "From Chloe's Secret--coming soon"What are you saying?""I'm saying I want to have a relationship with you. I want to love you.""Is there a ‘but' coming next?""But the funny thing is, when I didn't want to love you—it happened anyway."He slipped his arms into my back pockets and hugged the breath out of me. I choked, my eyes stung. "I don't know what to say."He smiled. "Say whatever you want to. Just because I said it, you don't have to."He was right; I didn't have to. He wasn't asking anything of me."
Author: Shelley K. Wall
41. "Just out of curiosity, can an immortal choke to death on a bagel? (Francesca)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
42. "There was so little to learn from that conversation, and yet it struck me that the very existence of the conversation itself was the lesson; art has nothing to do with Life's fickle intentions: write what you want. Draw what you want. Perform what you can. In the end, the unexpected twists -- the mutated cells, the choked arteries, the swerving vans -- will always tell the ending."
Author: Stephen Markley
43. "It's not wondering what I breathe in, but who, that threatens to choke me."
Author: Suzanne Collins
44. "A culture of vultures steeped and born of violence shall choke on the blood of its offspring."
Author: T.F. Hodge
45. "What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're ok?"
Author: The Script
46. "This is about all the bad days in the world. I used to have some little bad days, and I kept them in a little box. And one day, I threw them out into the yard. "Oh, it's just a couple little innocent bad days." Well, we had a big rain. I don't know what it was growing in but I think we used to put eggshells out there and coffee grounds, too. Don't plant your bad days. They grow into weeks. The weeks grow into months. Before you know it you got yourself a bad year. Take it from me. Choke those little bad days. Choke 'em down to nothin'. They're your days. Choke 'em!"
Author: Tom Waits
47. "I wish those people who write so glibly about this being a holy War, and the orators who talk so much about going on no matter how long the War lasts and what it may mean, could see a case--to say nothing of 10 cases--of mustard gas in its early stages--could see the poor things burnt and blistered all over with great mustard-coloured suppurating blisters, with blind eyes--sometimes temporally, sometimes permanently--all sticky and stuck together, and always fighting for breath, with voices a mere whisper, saying that their throats are closing and they know they will choke."
Author: Vera Brittain
48. "We were quite naturally unhappy; feeling a definite need, unbearably keen at moments, which was never to be satisfied. But that was recognizable pain, and the sharp pang grew to be almost welcome in the midst of the sultry and opaque life which was not felt, had nothing real in it, and yet swam about us, and choked us and blinded us. All these tears and groans, reproaches and protestations of affection, high talk of duty and work and living for others, were doubtless what we should feel if we felt properly, and yet we had but a dull sense of gloom which could not honestly be referred to the dead; unfortunately it did not quicken our feeling for the living; but hideous as it was, obscured both living and dead; and for long did unpardonable mischief by substituting for the shape of a true and most vivid mother, nothing better than an unlovable phantom."
Author: Virginia Woolf
49. "Earth - it was a place where you could stop being afraid, a place where fear of suffocation was not, where fear of blowout was not, where nobody went berserk with the chokers or dreamed of poisoned air or worried about shorthorn cancer or burn blindness or meteoric dust or low-gravity muscular atrophy. A place where there was wind to blow your sweat away."
Author: Walter M. Miller Jr.
50. "I'm so sorry. I don't think the etiquette manuals cover this sort of situation." He leaned in close, his lips all but grazing her neck, and inhaled. "Mmm. You smell good, too."She nearly choked. Took a step backwards, until her back met cold stone. "Th-thank you.""That's better. May I kiss you?" His finger dipped into her shirt collar, stroking the tender nape of her neck."I d-don't th-think that's a good idea.""Why not? We're alone." His hands were at her waist.Her lungs felt tight and much too small. "Wh-what if somebody comes in?"He considered for a moment. "Well, I suppose they'll think I fancy grubby little boys."
Author: Y.S. Lee
Quotes About Choke Pictures