Famous Quotes About Choke
Browse 387 famous quotes and sayings about Choke.
Top Quotes About Choke
51. "My immune system has always been overly welcoming of germs. It's far too polite, the biological equivalent of a southern hostess inviting y'all nice microbes to stay awhile and have some artichoke dip."
Author: A.J. Jacobs
52. "We must never expect discretion in first love: it is accompanied by such excessive joy that unless the joy is allowed to overflow, it will choke you."
Author: Alexandre Dumas
53. "Leif gripped Benny's shoulders to hold him back, but he broke free and chased the truck, pumping his tiny arms and legs with great furry."I love you!" he called out, when he was just ten feet away. I gripped the metal bars, my throat choked with emotion."I love you!" Silas cried, as he followed.They both kept after us, sprinting wildly behind the cage. I watched their mouths moving, saying those words over and again, as the truck bounded through the woods and their small bodies disappeared, unreachable, behind the trees."
Author: Anna Carey
54. "I blinked down the street where the jeep had vanished. I felt the unexplainable urge to storm after them and do something I'd hoped I'd regret -like choke Marcie with her stupid red thong."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
55. "Woods are not like other spaces. To begin with, they are cubic. Their trees surround you, loom over you, press in from all sides. Woods choke off views & leave you muddled & without bearings. They make you feel small & confused & vulnerable, like a small child lost in a crowd of strange legs. Stand in a desert or prairie & you know you are in a big space. Stand in the woods and you only sense it. They are vast, featureless nowhere. And they are alive."
Author: Bill Bryson
56. "And the Witch tempted you to do another thing, My son, did she not?""Yes, Aslan. She wanted me to take an apple home to mother.""Understand, then, that is would have healed her, but not to your joy or hers. The day would have come when both of you would have looked back and said it would have been better to die in that illness."And then Diggory could say nothing, for tears choked him and he gave up all hopes of saving his mother's life; but at the same time he knew the Lion knew what would have happened, and that there might be things more terrible even than losing someone you love to death."
Author: C.S. Lewis
57. "Strange that grief should now almost choke me, because another human being's eye has failed to greet mine."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
58. "Casting back her head, Arya gazed up at the twinkling sky, her long neck gold with firelight, her face pale with the radiance of the heavenx. "Do you ask out of friendly concern or your own self-interest?" She gave an abrupt, choked laugh, the sound of water falling over cold rocks. "Never mind. The night air has addled me. It has undone my sense of courtesy and left me free to say the most spiteful things that occur to me." "No matter." "It does matter, because I regret it, and I shall not tolerate it. Did I love Faolin? How would you define love? For over twenty years, we traveled together, the only immortals to walk among the short-lived races. We were companions...and friends."
Author: Christopher Paolini
59. "You could choke on the silence."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
60. "I'm wolf." So shove that down your throat and choke on it."
Author: Cynthia Eden
61. "I'm sorry," I choke out.He's quiet. Tears drip off my chin. He lets out a slow, shaky breath."Don't cry," he says. "That's not fair."I laugh and sob at the same time."It's okay," he whispers. His fingers brush at the tears on my cheeks. "Don't cry."Then he puts his arms around me, wings and all. I curl my arms around his neck and bury my face in his chest and breathe in the smell of the river on him. Somewhere in the woods a crow caws. A blackbird answers. And then we're kissing and everything goes away but Tucker."
Author: Cynthia Hand
62. "Did anybody ever come back from the dead any single one of the millions who got killed did any one of them ever come back and say by god i'm glad i'm dead because death is always better than dishonor? did they say i'm glad i died to make the world safe for democracy? did they say i like death better than losing liberty? did any of them ever say it's good to think i got my guts blown out for the honor of my country? did any of them ever say look at me i'm dead but i died for decency and that's better than being alive? did any of them ever say here i am i've been rotting for two years in a foreign grave but it's wonderful to die for your native land? did any of them say hurray i died for womanhood and i'm happy see how i sing even though my mouth is choked with worms?"
Author: Dalton Trumbo
63. "I don't want her in my car." says Jenna.I don't want her in my life." says Michael.I hope she chokes on her fucking Frappuccino." says Akello."
Author: Deb Caletti
64. "He stepped close to her; she could feel his breath on her neck. "Eve, you make me not want to die."She turned to see his face. "I didn't want to be this, and now it's all I am."He put his hands on her cheeks. The look on his face did her in. He was kind, caring, and mourning her losses. Tears wet his cheeks. Eve felt a very deep sob choke her. If he was mourning, so could she.He pulled her into his arms. "Cry. It's okay. Cry."Eve felt her knees give. He caught her and carried her to his couch. He petted her hair and let her empty her pain and guilt onto his chest. He kissed the top of her head. For the first time, his actions toward her seemed to have no sexual intent whatsoever.Eve let go of a rope she'd clung to for too long. And she fell. She fell right into him. Wrong or right, she gave up judging. Her lips found his, and he kissed her gently, not demanding any more than she was willing to offer."
Author: Debra Anastasia
65. "She hated Mr. Meanie. But she'd gotten to know him and they'd reached an understanding of sorts. Now she was to have him for supper."Don't tell me you're feeling guilty?"Breaking off a piece of the wing, she brought it to her lips and took a bite. It did taste good. Very good."I wonder if all grouchy males are this palatable."Drew choked.She looked up, tilting her head. "Are you all right?"He turned a dull red. "Eat your supper, Connie."
Author: Deeanne Gist
66. "Harwin's eyes went from her face to the flayed man on her doublet. "How do you know me?" he said, frowning suspiciously. "The flayed man . . . who are you, some serving boy to Lord Leech?"For a moment she did not know how to answer. She'd had so many names. Had she only dreamed Arya Stark? "I'm a girl," she sniffed. "I was Lord Bolton's cupbearer but he was going to leave me for the goat, so I ran off with Gendry and Hot Pie. You have to know me! You used to lead my pony, when I was little."His eyes went wide. "Gods be good," he said in a choked voice. "Arya Underfoot? Lem, let go of her.""She broke my nose." Lem dumped her unceremoniously to the floor. "Who in seven hells is she supposed to be?""The Hand's daughter." Harwin went to one knee before her. "Arya Stark, of Winterfell."
Author: George R.R. Martin
67. "Tyrion looked pointedly at his right hand. "Why, I have steel in my hand, Ser Allister, although it appears to be a crab fork. Shall we duel?" He hopped up on his chair and began poking at Thorne's chest with the tiny fork. Roars of laughter filled the tower room. Bits of crab flew from the Lord Commander's mouth as he began to gasp and choke. Even his raven joined in, cawing loudly from above the window. "Duel! Duel! Duel!"
Author: George R.R. Martin
68. "And next time we hear someone saying something like, 'We are pursuing this strategy because other strategies, when we had considered them, we concluded that, in terms of overall effectiveness, they were not sound strategies, which is why we enacted the one we are now embarked upon, which our enemies would like to see us fail, due to they hate freedom,' we will wait to see if the anchorperson cracks up, or chokes back a sob of disgust, and if he or she does not, we'll feel a bit insane, and therefore less confident, and therefore more passive."
Author: George Saunders
69. "And without you is how I disappear,And live my life alone forever now.And without you is how I disappear,And live my life alone forever now.Who walks among the famous living dead,Drowns all the boys and girls inside your bed.And if you could talk to me,Tell me if it's so,That all the good girls go to heaven.Well, heaven knowsThat without you is how I disappear,And live my life alone forever now.And without you is how I disappear,And live my life alone forever now.Can you hear me cry out to you?Words I thought I'd choke on figure out.I'm really not so with you anymore.I'm just a ghost, So I can't hurt you anymore,And now, you wanna see how far down I can sink?Let me go, fuck!So, you can, well now so, you canI'm so far away from you.Well now so, you can.And without you is how I disappear,And without you is how I disappear,Whoa whoa... (And without you is how I disappear)Whoa whoa... (And without you... is how, is how, is how...)Forever, forever now!"
Author: Gerard Way
70. "They laugh when they're embarrassed, they cry when they're happy, and they try to choke you to death when you do something nice for them."
Author: Heather Burch
71. "Tiny gold sparks flared in his irises. "You're in my rooms in my bathtub naked and you're still mouthing off."Did he expect anything different? "Hey, I didn't kick or punch you in the throat. I consider this progress. And you haven't choked me again, which is some sort of record for you..."
Author: Ilona Andrews
72. "Where is Barbie?"The female shifter snickered and choked it off."Is there a stripper pole?"
Author: Ilona Andrews
73. "Winter hurled more wind and rain at the city than it ever had before. Clouds dashed about in all directions emptying their thunder, hail and rain. The horizon was choked in fog."
Author: Ismail Kadaré
74. "Lucy was frightened, frightened near to death. Her voice choked, she could not breath, her limbs went numb. "This is not happening", she said to herself as the men forced her down; "it is just a dream, a nightmare". While the men, for their part, drank up her fear, revelled in it, did all they could to hurt her, to menace her, to heighten her terror. "Call your dogs!" they said to her. "Go on, call your dogs! No dogs? Then let us show you dogs!"
Author: J.M. Coetzee
75. "Lies are served like a fine delicacy. But beware, the truth of it all will sour, lodge in your throat, and choke your very existence if you continue to believe them."
Author: Jason E. Hodges
76. "Destroy superabundance. Starve the flesh, shave the hair, clarify the mind, define the will, restrain the senses, leave the family, flee the church, kill the vermin,vomit the heart, forget the dead. Limit time, forgo amusement, deny nature, reject acquaintances, discard objects, forget truths, dissect myth, stop motion, block impulse, choke sobs, swallow chatter. Scorn joy, scorn touch, scorn tragedy, scorn liberty, scorn constancy, scorn hope, scorn exaltation, scorn reproduction, scorn variety, scorn embellishment, scorn release, scorn rest, scorn sweetness, scorn light. It's a question of form as much as function. It is a matter of revulsion."
Author: Jenny Holzer
77. "We must learn to cast off our anxieties because we have so many of them. The world destroys spiritual life by generating constant anxiety. Jesus said that the life of the gospel is choked out by the cares of this world. We know this to be true yet we are more chained and tethered to the world than ever before in the human race."
Author: John Ortberg
78. "There was enough glamour in that one corner to choke a dragon."
Author: Julie Kagawa
79. "The sexy Fae prince flashed them asmile that was pure devilish charm, sexy and playful and mischievous, briefly catching the tip of his tongue between white teeth, before his lips curved, dark eyes sparking gold. Gabby groaned. She choked on it hastily, camouflaging it with a dry little cough. Her own private stash of eye candy had just been made available for public consumption and she didn't like it one bit. Apparently she wasn't the only one. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking. Dageus?" Drustan said irritably."Och, aye," Dageus said darkly. "You liked him better invisible too?""Och, aye.""Should I curse him again?""Och, aye."Adam threw back his head and laughed, eyes sparkling with gold fire. "Bloody hell, it's good to be back," he purred."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
80. "Dude deserves to be castrated, if you ask me.'Ry chokes a bit, a strangled laugh. "Remind me never to piss you off."
Author: Kiersten White
81. "Bye, Skimmer. Thanks for breakfast." "You're welcome." Translation: Choke on it, bitch."
Author: Kim Harrison
82. "He tried to choke me with the seat belt, so I elbowed him in the face until he stopped moving. It took three good blows to his noggin to put him out. I'll admit, I enjoyed that part."
Author: Larry Correia
83. "Go out there and get rich. Get so obnoxiously rich that when that tax bill comes, your first thought will be to choke on how big a check you have to write."
Author: Mark Cuban
84. "It was awful to be Negro and have no control over my life. It was brutal to be young and already trained to sit quietly and listen to charges brought against my color with no chance of defense. We should all be dead. I thought I should like to see us all dead, one on top of the other. A pyramid of flesh with the whitefolks on the bottom, as the broad base, then the Indians with their silly tomahawks and teepees and wigwams and treaties, the Negroes with their mops and recipes and cotton sacks and spirituals sticking out of their mouths. The Dutch children should all stumble in their wooden shoes and break their necks. The French should choke to death on the Louisiana Purchase (1803) while silkworms ate all the Chinese with their stupid pigtails. As a species, we were an abomination. All of us."
Author: Maya Angelou
85. "You said we must coexist peaceably,' he continued. 'I agree. Instruct me how.''That was a lie,' she said, her voice choked. 'I meant to trick you to my table. You know this!''Truths sometimes appear in unbidden forms."
Author: Meredith Duran
86. "Gormenghast. Withdrawn and ruinous it broods in umbra: the immemorial masonry: the towers, the tracts. Is all corroding? No. Through an avenue of spires a zephyr floats; a bird whistles; a freshet beats away from a choked river. Deep in a fist of stone a doll's hand wriggles, warm rebellious on the frozen palm. A shadow shifts its length. A spider stirs... And darkness winds between the characters.- Gormenghast"
Author: Mervyn Peake
87. "He has 'le coeur comme un artichaud'. Eddy fumbled for her high school French. 'A heart like an artichoke?' 'Oui. He has a leaf for everyone, but makes a meal for no one."
Author: Poppy Z. Brite
88. "God…" I choked on the word. "I know we haven't talked much in the past few years. Hell, I told you I hated you when Tye took his own life." I cursed again and pinched the bridge of my nose. "I don't even care about myself anymore, just promise me she'll be okay. If I don't make it… if you take me, just let Kiersten be okay. She can't go down that road — I don't care if you have to punish me, God. If she's going to suffer, give me her pain instead. If her heart's going to break, break mine for hers. Please, God… please."
Author: Rachel Van Dyken
89. "Cáel sighed. "Look, right now? Either you want Rose, or you don't. If you do—and, quite frankly, it's obvious to me that you do—then give the woman a break and give yourself some credit for not being a whack job. Women are strange creatures, Gray, and she isn't a mind reader. Who the hell knows what kind of conclusions she's drawn over your behavior? Shit or get off the pot."It was a good thing Gray wasn't drinking anything, or he'd have choked on that one. "That's your advice on love? ‘Shit or get off the pot'?"
Author: Riley Shane
90. "Also unfortunately, Congress is far too busy asking if baseball players are really as strong as they seem and trying to choke bankers with wads of cash to grant more funds to such trifling matters as the avoidance of space bullets, so they won't give NASA the money"
Author: Robert Brockway
91. "So what's it like to live without emotions? (Geary)It's hard. Imagine a world without taste. A world where you can see the colors and all, but you can't feel it. A beautiful clear day can never choke you up. A child's laughter doesn't make you smile. You don't look at a bunny and think ‘how cute.' You feel absolutely nothing. It's like being wrapped in thick cotton all the time. (Arik)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
92. "Don't, Cassandra. (Wulf)Oh, please. I just want to choke her for a few minutes. (Cassandra)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
93. "Do you think I should be paying my addresses to Mrs. Martin, my dear Miss Fitzhugh?" he whispered. "Martin doesn'tlook the sort to have enough stamina to service two women.And goodness knows you could probably exhaust Casanova himself."Again this insinuation that she must be a sufferer of nymphomania. Behind her fan, she put her lips very close to his ear. "You've no idea, my Lord Hastings, the heated yearningsthat singe me at night, when I cannot have a man. My skin burns to be touched, my lips kissed, and my entire body passionately fondled."Hastings was mute, for once. He stared at her with something halfway between amusement and arousal.She snapped shut her fan and rapped his fingers as hard as she could, watching with great satisfaction as he choked back ayelp of pain."By anyone but you," she said, and turned on her heels."
Author: Sherry Thomas
94. "I was stunned. I pulled the phone away and looked quizzically at the hole-punched speaker. Aside from the blood obligation to be my sister's maid of honor, it had never occured to me that I would get asked to be in anyone's wedding. I thought we had reached an understanding, the institution of marriage and I. Weddings are the like the triathlon of female friendship: the Shower, the Bachelorette Party, and the Main Event. It's the Iron Woman and most people never make it through. They fall off their bikes or choke on ocean water. I figured if I valued my life, I'd stay away from weddings and they'd stay away from me."
Author: Sloane Crosley
95. "You'll make a sucky father someday," I tell him with a smile. "I feel sorry for the kid that doesn't get to burst into light to get out of your house." He chokes out a laugh. "Is it my sarcasm?" "Definitely. And that obnoxious accent."
Author: Suzanne Young
96. "Though plucking artichoke leaves doesn't mend all cracked spirits as firmly as pea shelling, it has its own curative power. There is a Dutch saying: "Bitter in the mouth cures the heart." If you happen to have a friend shaken by heartache, hand over a bag of raw artichokes. Once she has relieved them of their leaves, encourage one brave bite. Between the meditative peeling and the bitter taste, she should be completely healed. If there are no artichokes around, raw dandelion greens are a good substitute."
Author: Tamar Adler
97. "Are those prechopped peppers in that Tupperware container?" Troy cracked an egg into a bowl. "Yeah." "I'm not sleeping with you." "Jesus," he choked out. "How did we arrive here from prechopped peppers?"
Author: Tessa Bailey
98. "I think there are a lot of things out there that are humorous that people don't realize until you actually show them what is going on. Saran Wrap for one thing. You know, you could pull enough of that out of the box and it will actually kill you. It will get a hold of you, stick to you, and choke you to death."
Author: Tim Conway
99. "Busyness chokes deep thinking."
Author: Todd Stocker
100. "Johnny, yawning still, burst into noisy tears and was slapped by Bill till he choked on them."
Author: William Golding
Quotes About Choke Pictures