Famous Quotes About Choke
Browse 387 famous quotes and sayings about Choke.
Top Quotes About Choke
201. "I'm still furious with you," she murmured, kissing a line down his chest."Oh, God, please don't be furious," he choked out quickly. "Every female I know is furious with me. Rosalyn throws tantrums, and Charlotte hasn't spoken to me or written since you left." He moved his hands to unbutton her gown. "The morning I thought you'd sailed out of my life I started drinking and didn't stop until I'd finished two bottles. For three days I had a blistering headache, and Nedda couldn't for the life of her stop banging things." He groaned. "And I can't even begin to tell you about your sisters."
Author: Adele Ashworth
202. "They want to talk to you tomorrow.""Tomo…" Chase choked on the word. "As in the day after today?""Is there any other kind?"
Author: Adrienne Wilder
203. "We are made to bleed and scab and heal and bleed again and turn every scar into a joke. We are made to fight and fuck and talk and fight again and sit around and laugh until we choke."
Author: Ani DiFranco
204. "For lunches he rode the elevator to the fourth-floor food court and ate Thai Town or Subway at a table tucked among potted tropicals, gazing past milling teenagers to the little penny-choked fountain where a copper salmon spat water into a chlorinated pool."
Author: Anthony Doerr
205. "Blood fills my mouth. Fire sears my veins. I choke back a howl. The silver knife slips--thechoice is mine.I am death or life. I am salvation or destruction. Angel or demon.I am grace.I plunge in the knife.This is my sacrifice--I am the monster."
Author: Bree Despain
206. "Fear is like a weed in a garden. Once you allow it to take root, it spreads, replicating itself, until, eventually, it chokes out all the other life there. Trust, love, kindness – none of those things can ever really bloom in a garden of fear."
Author: Breeana Puttroff
207. "While walking back to the highway I stop, choke back a sob, my throat tightens. "I just want to..." Facing the skyline, through all the baby talk, I murmur, "keep the game going." As I stand, frozen in position, an old woman emerges behind a Threepenny Opera poster at a deserted bus stop and she's homeless and begging, hobbling over, her face covered with sores that look like bugs, holding out a shaking red hand. "Oh will you please go away?" I sigh. She tells me to get a haircut."
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
208. "A man is born into this world with only a tiny spark of goodness in him. The spark is God, it is the soul; the rest is ugliness and evil, a shell. The spark must be guarded like a treasure, it must be nurtured, it must be fanned into flame. It must learn to seek out other sparks, it must dominate the shell. Anything can be a shell, Reuven. Anything. Indifference, laziness, brutality, and genius. Yes, even a great mind can be a shell and choke the spark."
Author: Chaim Potok
209. "The borderline Queen experiences what therapists call "oral greediness". The desperate hunger of the borderline Queen is akin to the behavior of an infant who had gone too long between feelings. Starved, frustrated, and beyond the ability to calm of soothe herself, she grabs, flails, and wails until at last the nipple is planted securely and perhaps too deeply in her mouth. She coughs, gags, chokes, and spits, eyeing the elusive breast like a wolf guarding her food. Similarity, the Queen holds on to what is hers, taking more than she could use, in case it might be taken away prematurely."
Author: Christine Ann Lawson
210. "That's fucking amazing news, I can't even tell you. Look how great you guys have been doing with me gone." Beckett wanted this to be a compliment, but Livia's eyes widened, then narrowed. "Oh, no. You don't get to say that. He misses you so much. Things that remind him of you? They just stop him in his tracks. He even wrote a song about you." Livia put her hand on his arm. "As fucking gay as that is, it chokes me up like a bitch." Beckett laughed but covered his mouth with his fist."
Author: Debra Anastasia
211. "Safe! All I wanted to do was keep them safe. How do you protect your brothers at eight-fucking-teen? How do you make enough money, get enough respect to do that? I wasn't smart, Eve. I'm a big, dumb fucking bastard. I couldn't even get a job as a bagger at the A&P. I wanted to make their lives worth living. That's what they'd done for me—made my life worth living. They're my family. I can't…I just can't." Beckett pounded his chest."They would've been better off without me," he continued. "Blake would still be homeless, but Cole made his own damn way. But I wanted in. I wanted to belong. I was too fucking selfish to walk away. I should have walked away. But I didn't and now—" Beckett choked on a deep, angry sob. "Now, they're paying for it. All my stupid decisions. They'll die tonight. They'll both die, and I can't stop it. I can't plug it with money. I can't bring them back from the dead, even if I act tough or kill more people."
Author: Debra Anastasia
212. "I was so emotional. Choked up. I could hardly talk all day. I'll be cleaning out my trailer and saying goodbye soon, realizing what a wonderful experience this has been."
Author: Dennis Franz
213. "She swallowed and looked down at the artichoke petals piled neatly on the side of her plate. Her center certainly felt like it was melting, growing soft and wet just from the rasp of Mr. O'Connor's voice. Why should a man already devilishly handsome also have a voice that could charm birds from the sky? It simply wasn't fair."
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
214. "She smiled as she poured tea into his cup. "I hope you find your rooms comfortable?""Quite." He took a too-hasty sip of tea and scalded his tongue."The view is to your liking?"He had a view of a brick wall. "Indeed."She fluttered her eyelashes at him over the rim of her teacup. "And the bed. Is it soft and… yielding?"He nearly choked on the bite of cake he'd just taken."Or do you prefer a firmer bed?" she asked sweetly. "One that refuses to yield too soon?""I think"—he narrowed his eyes at her—"whatever mattress I have on the bed you gave me is perfect. But tell me, my lady, what sort of mattress do you prefer? All soft goose down or one that's a bit… harder?"It was very fast, but he saw it: Her gaze flashed down to the juncture of his thighs and then up again. If there hadn't been anything to see there before, there certainly was now."Oh, I like a nice stiff mattress," she purred. "Well warmed and ready for a long ride."
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
215. "Do you know, I think that of all your idiosyncrasies that choke you give, when you are determined not to laugh, is the one that most enchants me."
Author: Georgette Heyer
216. "He racked his brains for a way of making his declaration. Torn all the while between fear of offending and shame at his own faint-heartedness, he wept tears of dejection and desire. Then he made forceful resolutions. He wrote letters, and tore them up; he gave himself a time limit, then extended it. Often he started out with a determination to dare all; but his decisiveness quickly deserted him in Emma's presence [...]Emma, for her part, never questioned herself to find out whether she was in love with him. Love, she believed, must come suddenly, with thunder and lightning, a hurricane from on high that swoops down into your life and turns it topsy-turvy, snatches away your will-power like a leaf, hurls your heart and soul into the abyss. She did not know how on the terrace of a house the rain collects in pools when the gutters are choked; and she would have continued to feel quite safe had she not suddenly discovered a crack in the wall."
Author: Gustave Flaubert
217. "Leaders should lead as far as they can and then vanish. Their ashes should not choke the fire they have lit."
Author: H. G. Wells
218. "Darn! what a beautiful night! Heading towards Pandara Road-Gulati Restaurant, with open windows of my baby sedan and this broad chest guy with big brown eyes.He hums the oldies well and his Issey Miyake is making me lose the grip over my senses.One more thing is distracting me, he ain't wearing anything inside but a transparent white, V necked, cotton short Kurta.I can see the hair winking out and his collar bones!!Not only men get excited by transparent dresses but women as well.His broad shoulders and chest is my weakness and he knows it.This man is not doing good to me!It's a crime to seduce in this way, when you are not touched, when you are distracted by the aroma of his skin, when you know, he is well aware of the intentions..when you can't do anything except getting seduced by the corner stretching smile of a man with animal instinct..I certainly am missing myself to be tied up to the bedpost,choked and groaning his name!"
219. "What he did was wrong. He doesn't deserve your love. But he does deserve your forgiveness, because otherwise he will grow like a weed in your heart until it's choked and overrun. The only person who suffers, when you squirrel away all that hate, is you."
Author: Jodi Picoult
220. "Hazel used his trick. "They got no starfish there?""They got no ocean there" said Doc."Oh!" said Hazel and he cast frantically about for a peg to hang a new question on. He hated to have a conversation die out like this. He wasn't quick enough. While he was looking for a question Doc asked one. Hazel hated that, it meant casting about in his mind for an answer and casting about in Hazel's mind was like wandering alone in a deserted museum. Hazel's mind was choked with uncataloged exhibits. ..."
Author: John Steinbeck
221. "No one can ever use his heart to listen or touch or feel or see or smell. It's just a lump of muscle pumping mechanically inside your ribs. It has no will and no ability to do anything but go on pumping until it gives up and withers away or is choked by some disease. Your spinal cord, on the other hand, feels. The central nervous system pours out from the spinal cord, and with it one feels pain. Pain is the most trustworthy sensation a human being can know because it teaches us what hurts. With the spinal cord, one can hear what will hurt, smell the sting of suffering, taste it, feel it, and see the world with new eyes. I learned a long time ago not to follow my heart, the hunk of meat flexing in the chest. I trust the tube locked up in a column of bone, the tube that shows me what pain is."
Author: Joshua S. Porter
222. "He waited until she was standing directly across his desk from him before he said quietly, "You've chosen a poor time to apologize,Lauren. I have to leave for a luncheon appointment in five minutes."Lauren almost choked on his outrageous presumption that she owed him an apology,but she merely favored him with an amused smile. "I hate to bruise your ego, but I didn't come up here to apologize."
Author: Judith McNaught
223. "What are your pleasures and pursuits, Lord Moncrieffe?" Miss Eversea asked too brightly, when the silence had gone on for more than was strictly comfortable or polite.That creaky conversation lubricant. It irritated him again that she was humoring him. "Well, I'm partial to whores."Her head whipped toward him like a weather-vane in a hurricane. Her eyes, he noted, were enormous, and such a dark blue they were nearly purple. Her mouth dropped, and the lower lip was quivering with shock or... or..."Whor... whores...?" She choked out the word as if she'd just inhaled it like bad cigar smoke. He widened his own eyes with alarm, recoiling slightly. "I... I beg your pardon - Horses. Honestly, Miss Eversea," he stammered. "I do wonder what you think of me if that's what you heard."
Author: Julie Anne Long
224. "You pompous little bitch!" the infuriated Were shouted, red-faced and with his thugs backing him. "What are you doing here?" Mrs. Sarong pushed past the men who had put themselves in front of her. "Arranging your removal," she said, her voice sharp and her eyes glaring. Removal? As if he were an overgrown tree clogging the sewer line? The short businessman seemed to choke on his own breath, becoming choleric. Mouth gaping to look like one of his prize fish, he struggled to respond. "Like hell you are!" he finally managed. "That's what I wanted to talk to her about!" From my shoulder came a small, "Holy crap, Rache. How did you become Cincy's assassin of choice?"
Author: Kim Harrison
225. "You want to go to the movies tomorrow night?" he asked, and Posey was so shocked she actually choked."What?" she managed."The movies? Tomorrow?""Um…I, uh…um…what movie?"He narrowed his eyes just a little, and Posey's nether parts gave a long, happy squeeze. Get his clothes off, those parts advised. We're lonely."
Author: Kristan Higgins
226. "Harry - "No plovers no pigeons no snipe. No oysters mussels clams or whole lobsters. No artichokes no savories no cheese." He paused for breath then went on "Nothing too rich nothing too highly seasoned. And never more than one glass of wine. Did I miss any no-noes " Emma - She sighed. "When it comes to my work I do wish you would be serious."Harry - "I am serious " he assured her. "After reading this I understand why women have such tiny waists and go about fainting all the time. I thought it was corsets but no. You're all hungry ."
Author: Laura Lee Guhrke
227. "They vanished in the same forest without a trace. Not one of them was ever found or heard from again.''And you suspect what?' Scully asked. 'Bigfoot maybe?''Not likely,' Mulder answered deadpan. 'That's a lot of flannel to choke down. Even for Bigfoot.'Scully sighed. She should have known better than to joke about Bigfoot to Mulder. Bigfoot wasn't a joke to him."
Author: Les Martin
228. "If mother kept a list of the reasons she confined me to the house on the hill, she'd have a length of paper that could stretch all the way down Pinnacle Lane and trail into the waters of the Puget Sound. It could choke passing sea life. It could flap in the wind like a giant white flag of surrender atop our house's widow's walk."
Author: Leslye Walton
229. "First,' Dad said, giving me a stern look, 'Captain Griswold and you [Nora] and i must have a little chat.' I batted my eyelashes at him, even as my cheeks heated. Chas choked, and scrawled out, You stil ow me detales! Detales!!!"
Author: Lia Habel
230. "Dain kept his gaze on his plate and concentrated on swallowing the morsel he'd just very nearly choked on. She was possessive... about him.The beautiful, mad creature - or blind and deaf creature, or whatever she was - coolly announced it as one might say, "Pass the salt cellar," without the smallest awareness that the earth had just tilted on its axis."
Author: Loretta Chase
231. "Perhaps his gloom was due to his profession, that he lived among fallen empires, and in reading these languages that had not been spoken by the common man in centuries, he had all about him the ruin of language, evidence of toppled suburbs, grass growing among the mosaics, and voices that had been choked with poison, iron, age, or ash."
Author: M.T. Anderson
232. "My life has been one great big joke, a dance that's walked a song that's spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself."
Author: Maya Angelou
233. "She laid her head against his collarbone, and he kissed her temple. To her shock, she felt a shudder roll through his body about the same time she registered wetness against her skin. Tears. His tears.She started to turn around, but he tightened his grip."Stay," he said in a choked voice. "Just let me hold you, baby. Just let me hold you."
Author: Maya Banks
234. "What do you ask from Judd in exchange for giving sanctuary to the kids?'His pale eyes iced over. 'Judd is a fully trained Psy assassin with experience in covert wet work. I'd be a fool if I didn't utilize his skills.' She choked back a cry. 'How can you ask that of him?' An alpha looked after his own.He didn't destroy them. But maybe Hawke didn't consider the Laurens his own. After all, and for reasons she'd never known, he hated the Psy as much as her brothers did.His face gentled, an unexpected softening of harsh masculine lines. Closing the distance between them, he cupped her cheek. 'He is who and what he is, Brenna. If you want something different, you shouldn't be with him.''He's the only one I want to be with.''Then accept his beast like you do your own."
Author: Nalini Singh
235. "So, having found a lady, could you not have come to her aid, or left her alone? Why drag her into your foolishness?''Love,' he explained.She looked at him with eyes the blue of the sky. 'I hope you choke on it,' she said, flatly."
Author: Neil Gaiman
236. "Even that was all consumed after two days, and the patients had to try to choke down fresh fish, just boiled in water, without salt, pepper or butter; mutton, beef, and potatoes without the faintest seasoning."
Author: Nellie Bly
237. "Getting two-inch silver chain chokers around the neck of a guy, especially Shane, proved to be more of a problem.Shane held the jewelry at arm's length, dangling it like a dead rat. "No way in hell am I caught dead or alive wearing that.""Oh, come on, just this once," Eve said. "Protects your neck. As in your arteries and veins? That's kind of crucial, right?""Thanks for the thought, but it doesn't go with my shoes."
Author: Rachel Caine
238. "...Until they stood at last by a crumbling wall, looking up and up and still farther up at the great tombyard top of the old house. For that's what it seemed. The high mountain peak of the mansion was littered with what looked like black bones or iron rods, and enough chimneys to choke out smoke signals from three dozen fires on sooty hearths hidden far below in dim bowels of this monster place. With so many chimneys, the roof seemed a vast cemetery, each chimney signifying the burial place of some old god of fire or enchantress of steam, smoke, and firefly spark. even as they watched, a kind of bleak exhalation of soot breathed up out of some four dozen flues, darkening the sky still more, and putting out some few stars."
Author: Ray Bradbury
239. "You're in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won't tell you that he loves you, but he loves you. And you feel like you've done something terrible, like robbed a liquor store, or swallowed pills, or shoveled yourself a grave in the dirt, and you're tired. You're in a car with a beautiful boy, and you're trying not to tell him that you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling, and you're trembling, but he reaches over and he touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist, and you feel your heart taking root in your body, like you've discovered something you didn't even have a name for."
Author: Richard Siken
240. "Jason turned to Leo. "Do you think you can fly this thing?""Um…" Leo put his hand on the side of the helicopter, concentrating hard, as if listening to the machine."Bell 412HP utility helicopter," Leo said. "Composite four-blade main rotor, cruising speed twenty-two knots, service ceiling twenty-thousand feet. The tank is near full. Sure, I can fly it."Piper smiled at the ranger again. "You din't have a problem with an under-aged unlicensed kid borrowing your copter, do you? We'll return it.""I-" The pilot nearly choked on the words, but she got them out: "I don't have a problem with that."Leo grinned. "Hop in kids, Uncle Leo's gonna take you for a ride."
Author: Rick Riordan
241. "What seems a kind of temporal death to people choked between walls and curtains, is only a light and living slumber to the man who sleeps a-field."
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
242. "How do I know what *you've* got in your pants?' He choked, and so did I, for different reasons. 'Pockets!' I corrected."
Author: Rosemary Clement Moore
243. "His so-fucking-vivid imagination rarely gave him the horrors, but when it did, God help him. God help him once it was warmed up. It was not only warmed up now, it was hot and running on full choke. That there was no sense at all in what he was thinking made not a whit of difference in the dark. In the dark, rationality seemed stupid and logic a dream. In the dark he thought with his skin."
Author: Stephen King
244. "Jacob caught my arm with a shivering hand. "Please, Bella. I'm begging."His dark eyes were glistening with tears. A lump filled my throat."Jake, I have to?""You don't, though. You really don't. You could stay here with me. You could stay alive. For Charlie. For me."The engine of Carlisle's Mercedes purred; the rhythm of the thrumming spiked when Alice revved it impatiently.I shook my head, tears spattering from my eyes with the sharp motion. I pulled my arm free, and he didn't fight me."Don't die Bella," he choked out. "Don't go. Don't."What if I never saw him again?The thought pushed me past the silent tears; a sob broke out from my chest. I threw my arms around his waist and hugged for one too-short moment, burying my tear-wet face against his chest. He put his big hand on the back of my hair, as if to hold me here."Bye, Jake." I pulled his hand from my hair, and kissed his palm. I couldn't bear to look at his face. "Sorry," I whispered."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
245. "Hey Bil-!'Just then my air choked off- Jacob grabbed me up in a bear hug too tight to breathe and swung me around in a circle.'Wow, it's good to see you here!''Can't. . .breathe,' I gasped.He laughed and put me down."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
246. "Never mind that. What's going on with you and Heath?"Annabelle pulled a little wide-eyed innocence out of her rusty bag of college acting skills."What do you mean? Business.""Don't give me that. We've been friends too long."She switched to a furrowed brow. "He's my most important client. You know how much this means to me."Molly wasn't buying it. "I've seen the way you look at him. Like he was a slot machine with triple sevens tattooed on his forehead. If you fall in love with him, I swear I'll never speak toyou again." Annabelle nearly choked. She'd known Molly would be suspicious, but she hadn't expected an outright confrontation. "Are you nuts? Setting aside the fact that he treats me like a flunky, I'd never fall for a workaholic after what I've had to go through with my family." Falling in lust, however, was an entirely different matter."He has a calculator for a heart," Molly said. "I thought you liked him."
Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
247. "You'll need to do a better job, Annabelle. No more dates like the first one tonight.""Agreed. And no more making me sit through your Power Matches introductions, either. As you so wisely pointed out, helping Portia Powers isn't in my best interests.""Then why are you still trying to talk me into seeing Melanie again?""Hunger makes me weird.""You got rid of the last one in fourteen minutes. Well done. I'm rewarding you by letting you sit in on all the introductions from now on."She nearly choked on an ice cube. "What are you talking about?""Exactly what I said."
Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
248. "How easily you forgive, Eleanor. How freely youabsolve the sins of others. Tell me, little one, when thetime comes, how will you absolve yours?With the first lash of the whip Nora felt a strip of fireburn across her back. She cried out from a pain soferocious she nearly choked on it.Like this, Søren, she dared answer only in her mind.This is how."
Author: Tiffany Reisz
249. "We offer a stark contrast to the bland escapism that chokes the charts,"
Author: Tom Morello
250. "Freedom is never easily won, but once established, freedom lasts, spreads and chokes out tyranny."
Author: Trent Lott
Quotes About Choke Pictures