Famous Quotes About Choke
Browse 387 famous quotes and sayings about Choke.
Top Quotes About Choke
351. "Mister if you want more to join,' She said half-choked ‘you'll have to put in the coin."
Author: Angelo Tsanatelis
352. "I like the color of the Caribbean." I paused and absorbed the warmth of her smile before adding, "Dogs, not cats. Boxers, not briefs. Redheads over brunettes..." I glanced sideways at her, and she met my gaze. "I have a penchant for girls in velvet jackets... and I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."She choked in surprise, sputtered, and shook her head."You see? This is what I mean.""What?""Nobody talks like that. I barely know you."I was genuinely confused. Didn't girls like to hear this stuff? Besides, it was, conveniently enough, the truth. "Well, I talk like this. And you should be used to people telling you you're beautiful.""Well, I'm not," she said, and she sounded like she was getting irritated with me again. The feeling was mutual.I leaned against the wall and pulled up one knee. "Okay. I take it back. You are completely average. Dull, dull, dull. Unremarkable in every way."
Author: Anne Greenwood Brown
353. "He moved around the wide counter, silent as always. She was sitting on the floor, her arms wrapped around her knees, her fist in her mouth to try to quiet her sobs, and he realized he hadn't actually seen her cry before. [..]She must have felt his eyes on her, for she suddenly swallowed her sob on a choked gasp and looked up at him, her huge, sorrow-filled eyes a sharper pain than the knife slash.He moved slow enough, so as not to spook her, to give her plenty of time to move, but she stayed where she was, her huge eyes looking into his, and she fucking broke his heart, if he still possessed such a useless organ."
Author: Anne Stuart
354. "I walked to Scott, each step heavy, tears hot on my face, my hands hovering uselessly over his rapidly decaying body. I shut my eyes, forcing myself to recall his lopsided grin. Not his vacant eyes. In my mind, I played back his teasing laugh. Not the gurgling, gasping sounds he'd made right before dying. I remembered his warmth in accidental touches and playful jabs, knowing his body was rotting even as I clung to the memory. "Thankyou," I choked out, telling myself that somewhere nearby, he could still hear my voice. "You saved my life. Good-bye, Scott. I'll never forget you, that's my oath to you. Never." I vowed."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
355. "Stop bein' such a pussy.""I'm not a p-pansy," Aiden stuttered,tripping over the last word. Vulgar terminology didn'texist in his vocabulary. Whenever he tried to push the envelope, he choked in the cutest way possible."I said pussy," she emphasized.He went red from the neck up. "I heard you!"
Author: Carrie Butler
356. "It's when you hide things that you choke on them."
Author: Charles Bukowski
357. "Are you going to give a speech?' she asked gaily.He gave a choked laugh. 'Of course not,' he said. 'Not for ages.''My cousin Davey gave one on his very first day!' ...'In the Lords, I remember. It was about how he didn't like strawberry jam.''Be nice, Charles! It was a speech about fruit importation, which I admit devolved into something of a tirade.' She couldn't help but laugh. 'Still, you could talk about something more important.''Than jam? Impossible. We mustn't set the bar too high, Jane."
Author: Charles Finch
358. "The churchyard. Walled in by houses and overrun with weeds, choked up with too much buying."
Author: David Levithan
359. "The mouth was wide open and ripped at the corners, as though she had choked a little in giving up the tremendous vitality she had stored so long."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
360. "In the square, as they came out, a suspended mass of gasoline exhaust cooked slowly in the July sun. It was a terrible thing - unlike pure heat it held no promise of rural escape by suggested only roads choked with the same four asthma."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
361. "The older a wizard grows, the more silent he becomes, like a woody vine growing over time to choke a garden path, deep and full of moss and snakes, running everywhere, impenetrable."
Author: F.T. McKinstry
362. "Seen from that future time, when every commodity the human mind could imagine would flow from the industrial horn of plenty in dizzy abundance, this would seem a scanty, shoddy, cramped moment indeed, choked with shadows, redeemed only by what it caused to be created.Seen from plenty, now would be hard to imagine. It would seem not quite real, an absurd time when, for no apparent reason, human beings went without things easily within the power of humanity to supply and lives did not flower as it was obvious they could."
Author: Francis Spufford
363. "The fourth elf was younger than the others. This showed in the perfection of her skin, the agility and speed of her movements, and in the brightness of her dress. Her long silk garment was yellow and gold and green, and she wore a blue silk choker with a trailing silver scarf at her neck matching another at her waist. There was fire in her dark eyes which added to her overpowering beauty."
Author: Ian Livingstone
364. "This doesn't mean you're getting a discount."Audrey heaved a mock sigh. "Oh well. I guess I'll have to ply you with sexual favors, then."Gnome choked on the soup. "I'm old enough to be your grandfather!"Audrey winked at him, gathering the empty bags. "But you're not."
Author: Ilona Andrews
365. "Praying and sinning will never live together in the same heart. Prayer will consume sin, or sin will choke prayer."
Author: J.C. Ryle
366. "Do not think of him with Blay. Do not think of him with Blay. Do not think of him— "I didn't know you were a sherry man." "Huh?" Qhuinn glanced down at what he'd poured himself. Fuck. In the midst of the self-lecture, he'd picked up the wrong bottle. "Oh, you know… I'm good with it." To prove the point, he tossed back the hooch—and nearly choked as the sweetness hit his throat. He served himself another only so he didn't look like the kind of idiot who wouldn't know what he was dishing out into his own glass. Okay, gag. The second was worse than the first. From out of the corner of his eye, he watched Saxton settle in at the table, the brass lamp in front of him casting the most perfect glow over his face. Shiiiiiit, he looked like something out of a Ralph Lauren ad, with his buff-colored tweed jacket and his pointed pocket square and that button-down/sweater vest combo keeping his fucking liver cozy. Meanwhile, Qhuinn was sporting hospital scrubs, bare feet. And sherry."
Author: J.R. Ward
367. "Never dreaming, was I, poor Jack Duluoz, that the soul is dead. That from Heaven grace descends . . . No Doctor Pisspot Poorpail to tell me; no example inside my first and only skin. That love is the heritage, and cousin to death. That the only love can only be the first love, the only death the last, the only life within, and the only word . . . choked forever."
Author: Jack Kerouac
368. "The banquet proceeded. The first course, a mince of olives, shrimp and onions baked in oyster shells with cheese and parsley was followed by a soup of tunny, cockles and winkles simmered in white wine with leeks and dill. Then, in order, came a service of broiled quail stuffed with morels, served on slices of good white bread, with side dishes of green peas; artichokes cooked in wine and butter, with a salad of garden greens; then tripes and sausages with pickled cabbage; then a noble saddle of venison glazed with cherry sauce and served with barley first simmered in broth, then fried with garlic and sage; then honey-cakes, nuts and oranges; and all the while the goblets flowed full with noble Voluspa and San Sue from Watershade, along with the tart green muscat wine of Dascinet."
Author: Jack Vance
369. "I'm so sorry, Pigeon. I tried to get to you. I tried…." He cleared his throat of the anger and worry that choked him. "I couldn't get to you."
Author: Jamie McGuire
370. "If someone grabbed me, I'd probably be able to choke them out in about eight seconds."
Author: Jeffrey Donovan
371. "I took a step forward, rage swirling inside me. "You broke into Mount Weather?" Hunter choked out a laugh. "Are you insane?""Shut up," I said, keeping my eyes on Luc.Hunter made a deep noise. "Our little mutual white flag of friendship is going to come to a halt if you tell me to shut up again."I spared him a brief glance. "Shut. Up."Dark shadows drifted over the Arum's shoulder, and I faced him fully. "What?" I said, throwing my hands up in a universal come get some. "I have a lot of pent-up violence I'd love to take out on someone.""Guys." Luc sighed, sliding off the bar. "Seriously? Can't you two bro-mance it out?"
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
372. "Some powers come more easily to others, but Matthew rocks at reading energies.""What?" I set my fork back down. "Our biology teacher is an alien? Holy crap…all I can think of is that movie The Faculty." Dee choked on her orange juice. "We don't snatch bodies."I hoped not."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
373. "Booya!" I drunkenly howled from the ground. I choked a little on the dust as I staggered back to my feet, my heart pounding, my whole body alive with strain and adrenaline. I stabbed a pointing finger toward the impact crater. "That's right! Who just rocked your face? Harry fucking Dresden! That's who!"
Author: Jim Butcher
374. "It doesn't pay to say too much when you are mad enough to choke. For the word that stings the deepest is the word that is never spoke, Let the other fellow wrangle till the storm has blown away, then he'll do a heap of thinking about the things you didn't say."
Author: Jules Renard
375. "I grasp reality, but sometimes I like to choke it into submission."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
376. "She was willing to give you everything she had. And you took it from her. You took her youth, and her beauty, and her energy and her health-" For a moment, think of his mother, Gabe couldn't continue speaking. He fell silent and choked back tears. Then he took a deep breath and went on, "- and it didn't matter. We found each other. None of it mattered but that. You won't ever know what that's like, to love someone. In a way, I pity you. But I hope you starve."
Author: Lois Lowry
377. "One corner of his mouth crooked up, then the quirk vanished in a thoughtful pursing of his lips. "He's bisexual, you know." He took a delicate sip of his wine."Was bisexual," she corrected absently, looking fondly across the room. "Now he's monogamous."Vordarian choked, sputtering."
Author: Lois McMaster Bujold
378. "Silence comes in two varieties: One that nourishes and comforts; another that chokes, smothers, and isolates. Solitary confinement is the worst kind of imprisonment we can inflict on fellow humans, and if you are forced to keep silent about some dark secret, you live in solitary confinement. Without the bridge of communication connecting you to other human beings, you can't share your burdens, can't receive comfort, can't confirm that you still belong. Silence is the abyss that separates you from hope."
Author: Martha Beck
379. "I wrestled futilely, then relaxed as a vine wrapped three times around my throat and squeezed.Right," I choked out, and shut my eyes. "I'll wait here, then."
Author: Rachel Caine
380. "Go oft to the house of thy friend, for weeds choke the unused path."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
381. "The merry-go-round was running, yes, but...It was running backward.The small calliope inside the carousel machinery rattle-snapped its nervous-stallion shivering drums, clashed its harvest-moon cymbals, toothed its castanets, and throatily choked and sobbed its reeds, whistles, and baroque flutes."
Author: Ray Bradbury
382. "And if you hadn't pulled me from the horse-""I lost half a lifetime when I realized-" He choked off whatever else he was about to say. "Best not to think about it." He squeezed her shoulder. "You survived, and that's all that matters.""You saved my life."He smiled faintly. "If you can't trust a Bow Street Runner to protect you, who can you trust?" His tone turned fierce. "I won't let anything happen to you, I swear.""I know." She gazed up at him, her heart full.He flushed, then jerked his gaze back to the window."
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
383. "How dare you give the poor woman trouble over those nasty biscuits! If you made biscuits worth eating, sir, perhaps she wouldn't throw them to the fish!"He blinked his eyes in astonishment. "Biscuits worth eating? I'll have you know, madam, that I bake the best biscuit on the high seas!""That's not saying much, considering that ship's biscuits are notoriously awful!""It's alright, Louisa, you needn't defend me—" Sara began.Louisa just ignored her. "Those biscuits were so hard, I could scarcely choke them down. As for that stew—""Look here, you disrespectful harpy," the cook said, punctuating his words with loud taps of his cane. "There ain't nothin' wrong with Silas Drummond's stew, and I defy any man—or woman—to make a better one!"
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
384. "The flowers were so beautiful, so delicate and unthreatening, but they choked everything around them."
Author: Scott Westerfeld
385. "Her eyes bulged as the noose slowly choked the life out of her. Yet still they burned into his."
Author: Shane K.P. O'Neill
386. "A lot of guys who have never choked have never been in the position to do so."
Author: Tom Watson
387. "Jesus?" he whispered as his voice choked "I feel so lost"A hand reached out and squeezed his, and didn't let go. "I know Mack. But it's not true. I am with you and I'm not lost. I'm sorry it feels that way, but hear me clearly. You are not lost."
Author: Wm. Paul Young
Quotes About Choke Pictures