Famous Quotes About Choosing Friends
Browse 10 famous quotes and sayings about Choosing Friends.
Top Quotes About Choosing Friends
1. "Having a lover/friend who regards you as a living growing criatura, being, just as much as the tree from the ground, or a ficus in the house, or a rose garden out in the side yard... having a lover and friends who look at you as a true living breathing entity, one that is human but made of very fine and moist and magical things as well... a lover and friends who support the ciatura in you... these are the people you are looking for. They will be the friends of your soul for life. Mindful choosing of friends and lovers, not to mention teachers, is critical to remaining conscious, remaining intuitive, remaining in charge of the fiery light that sees and knows."
Author: Clarissa Pinkola Estés
2. "Getting staked had been a hard lesson in choosing one's friends wisely."
Author: Heather Brewer
3. "Feminist psychologists have suggested that a toxic friendship is often one in which a women's own personal growth and individuation is sacrificed at the expense of the demands of the other person. Sometimes choosing oneself rather than the friendship is important for future personal growth and individuation. But women have a difficult time separating from each other because emotional connection is so highly valued and broken friendships are seen as failures."
Author: Irene S. Levine
4. "JUAN PABLO MONTOYA Formula 1, and NASCAR Race Car Driver on DANGEROUS ODDS by Marisa Lankester:Reading Dangerous Odds only leads me to confirm the need people have for adrena-line. As a racecar driver, it's always about being on the edge and that is what I experienced throughout the pages of Dangerous Odds. Every chapter seemed like a race; trying to determine the odds, the risks worth taking - choosing friends and discovering enemies... It drove me to expect the unexpected. Knowing it's a true story gives us the reality check we all need from time to time. A must read book!!!"
Author: Juan Pablo Montoya
5. "If there is a particular person in your life that is repeatedly choosing not to honor you and is causing you more sadness or pain than they are joy - it might be time to release that friendship back to God and trust that it is not where you belong."
Author: Mandy Hale
6. "We talk of choosing our friends, but our friends are self-elected."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. "Bad friends could ruin your whole life. Be wise when it comes to choosing your friends. You set the standard. You be the one who stands strong. Don't be a follower."
Author: Robin Jones Gunn
8. "They had gathered at Eastcheap to wait. At this time of day, the marketplace ought to have been thronged with people looking for bargains, moving from stall to stall, examining the fresh fish, choosing the plumpest hens, buying candles and pepper and needles. The stalls were open, but the fishmongers and cordwainers and butchers were doing no business, despite the growing crowd. The sun was hot, flies were thick, and the odors pungent; no one complained, though. They talked and gossiped among themselves, strangers soon becoming friends, for the normally fractious and outspoken Londoners had forgotten their differences, at least for a day, united in a common purpose and determined to revel in their triumph, for they were pragmatic enough to understand this might be their only one. Now they joked and swapped rumors and waited with uncommon patience, and at last they heard a cry, swiftly picked up and echoed across the marketplace: "She is coming!"
Author: Sharon Kay Penman
9. "Choosing friends based on how much money they have is like betting on a horse because you like its saddle."
Author: Stephen Smoke
10. "One fake friend can do more harm than 10 enemies... Be smart choosing your friends."
Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour
Quotes About Choosing Friends Pictures