Famous Quotes About Cleaner
Browse 101 famous quotes and sayings about Cleaner.
Top Quotes About Cleaner
1. "It was awful," I tell Luke at his locker. It's on the other side of the hall and I really feel like the air is cleaner over here or something. I almost suffocated trying to stuff my book bag into my own locker, squeezed right between Kimi and her voluptuousness and Wolf and his sexual-awakening-me-ness."
Author: Alecia Whitaker
2. "In Congress, I am a strong supporter of the New Apollo Energy Act. This plan would help to establish our energy independence, create jobs, and provide cleaner, reliable, and more affordable energy."
Author: Allyson Schwartz
3. "A distinguished producer called Kenith Trodd actually lived in his office for over a year - the cleaners refused to go in because it was such a tip."
Author: Andrew Davies
4. "I wanna be your vacuum cleanerBreathing in your dustI wanna be your Ford CortinaI will never rustIf you like your coffee hotLet me be your coffee pot You call the shots babeI just wanna be yoursSecrets I have held in my heartAre harder to hide than I thoughtMaybe I just wanna be yoursI wanna be yours,I wanna be yours Wanna be yours, wanna be yours, wanna be yoursLet me be your 'leccy meter and I'll never run outAnd let me be the portable heater that you'll get cold withoutI wanna be your setting lotion (I wanna be)Hold your hair in deep devotion (How deep?)At least as deep as the Pacific OceanI wanna be yours"
Author: Arctic Monkeys
5. "Good old Watson! You are the one fixed point in a changing age. There's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as never blew on England yet. It will be cold and bitter, Watson, and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less, and a cleaner, better, stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared."
Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
6. "Freedom isn't free. It shouldn't be a bragging point that 'Oh, I don't get involved in politics,' as if that makes someone cleaner. No, that makes you derelict of duty in a republic. Liars and panderers in government would have a much harder time of it if so many people didn't insist on their right to remain ignorant and blindly agreeable."
Author: Bill Maher
7. "Film and TV V.I.P, seeker of the peace, part time chandelier cleaner, a legend in his own time, oppressor of champions, soldier of fortune, world traveller, bonvivant, all round good guy, international lover, casual hero, philosopher, wars fought, bears wrestled, equations solved, virgins enlightened, revolutions quelled, tigers castrated, orgies organised, bars quaffed dry, governments run, test rockets flown, life president of the Liquidarian Society of Great Britain and Ireland."
Author: Billy Connolly
8. "Well, you know, writers just suck up new experiences - we're just like the vacuum cleaners of newness."
Author: Charlaine Harris
9. "About 25 years ago, I took a bicycle across the United States. I soon found out that the greatest item of clothing was the trusty bandanna. There were dozens of uses for a bandanna - as a pot holder, a chain cleaner, a sun shield, a headband, a snot rag, a declaration of Kerouacian intent."
Author: Colum McCann
10. "I believe we can and should have it all. Lower deficits but higher spending. More peace with a bigger military that goes off and kills terrorists and whatnot. A cleaner environment without forcing SUVs off the road."
Author: Craig Armstrong
11. "Taking in money, banks were like industrial vacuum cleaners. Giving it out, they were clogged faucets"
Author: Dean Koontz
12. "I'm sure, you'll never again have a problem with a tool or a machine. No more hammered thumbs, no vacuum-cleaner catastrophes." "That'll take a second miracle." "Because all that clumsiness was never anything but an elaborate excuse not to have a gun, not to learn how to use one."
Author: Dean Koontz
13. "...it will be a world made not bright but brighter, not clean but cleaner."
Author: Dean Koontz
14. "A salesman is an it that stinks to please but whether to please itself or someone else makes no more difference than if it sells hate condoms education snakeoil vac uumcleaners terror strawberries democ ra(caveat emptor)cy superfluous hair"
Author: E.E. Cummings
15. "Rain, midnight rain, nothing but the wild rainOn this bleak hut, and solitude, and meRemembering again that I shall dieAnd neither hear the rain nor give it thanksFor washing me cleaner than I have beenSince I was born into this solitude.Blessed are the dead that the rain rains upon:But here I pray that none whom once I lovedIs dying to-night or lying still awakeSolitary, listening to the rain,Either in pain or thus in sympathyHelpless among the living and the dead,Like a cold water among broken reeds,Myriads of broken reeds all still and stiff,Like me who have no love which this wild rainHas not dissolved except the love of death,If love it be towards what is perfect andCannot, the tempest tells me, disappoint."
Author: Edward Thomas
16. "A bore is a vacuum cleaner of society, sucking up everything and giving nothing. Bores are always eager to be seen talking to you."
Author: Elsa Maxwell
17. "This is what I love to do: I love to run through a field of wet grass that has not been mowed recently, I love to run, keeping my snout low to the ground so the grass and the sparkles of water cover my face. I imagine myself as a vacuum cleaner, sucking in all the smells. all the life, a spear of summer grass. It reminds me of my childhood, back on the farm in Spangle, where there was no rain but there was grass, there were fields, and I ran. ~ p208"
Author: Garth Stein
18. "I didn't fight to get women out from behind vacuum cleaners to get them onto the board of Hoover."
Author: Germaine Greer
19. "As for money - when I have it, it's great. When I don't, I go get some. I've been a dishwasher, a gardener, a cleaner."
Author: Gil Scott Heron
20. "'The Cleaner' is more about everyday people. People who have drug addictions get sick die all the time and we never hear about them. Those are the type of tragic stories we tell on 'The Cleaner.'"
Author: Grace Park
21. "Comedy has to be so much cleaner than drama. You can't layer it in the way you can a dramatic performance. Which is why it's more difficult than drama - you don't have so many tricks."
Author: Grant Bowler
22. "I know too that we Americans like to think of ourselves as cleaner than clean, a healthy nation who would never take anything when a recent poll suggested that 65 per cent of the population would risk dying in 10 years if they would be guaranteed Olympic gold."
Author: Greg LeMond
23. "I came here to help make America more competitive and prosperous by developing an energy policy that increases conservation, promotes cleaner technologies, encourages development of renewables and enhances domestic production of gas and oil."
Author: Greg Walden
24. "She kept asking herself whether, if he had looked cleaner, she might have been more concerned; whether, on some subliminal level, she had confused his obvious signs of neglect with street-smartness, toughness and resilience."
Author: J.K. Rowling
25. "Ethanol doesn't burn cleaner than gasoline, nor is it cheaper."
Author: Jeff Goodell
26. "Screaming. Did I mention the screaming? Screaming is usually associated with horror films and roller coasters. This is why I usually look like I've just watched a horror film on a rollercoaster. Kids love to scream. Frightened, happy, bored. They scream. I've actually learned to love the sound of a vacuum cleaner. It's just so peaceful."
Author: Jim Gaffigan
27. "If it isn't the sheriff, it's the finance company; I've got more attachments on me than a vacuum cleaner."
Author: John Barrymore
28. "Clothes I wear for mushroom hunting are rarely sent to the cleaner. They constitute a collection of odors I produce and gather while rambling in the woods. I notice not only dogs (cats, too) are delighted (they love to smell me)."
Author: John Cage
29. "When I was leader of the GLC, by the time I had been in control for three years, the difference in pay between the cleaner and the director general was a four-to-one ratio. I find that attractive."
Author: Ken Livingstone
30. "Such presumption," said Aunt Laura, meaning for a Dix to aspire to a Murray. "It wasn't because of his presumption I packed him off," said Emily. "It was because of the way he made love. He made a thing ugly that should have been beautiful." "I suppose you wouldn't have him because he didn't propose romantically," said Aunt Elizabeth contemptuously. "No. I think my real reason was that I felt sure he was the kind of man who would give his wife a vacuum cleaner for a Christmas present," vowed Emily."
Author: L.M. Montgomery
31. "Literary style is like crystal-ware: the cleaner the wineglass, the brighter the brilliance. As a reader, I agree with those who believe that a colour of the dress, which a character has on, as well as any enumeration and description of dishes at dinner or in the kitchen should be mentioned only in case if all this has a strong consequent relation to the plot, but as an author, I can't help mentioning all this, with no particular reason, just for love for my characters, desiring to give them something nice and pleasant. Melancholy grows a platinum rose. Affection grows a double rose."
Author: Lara Biyuts
32. "Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race."
Author: Margaret Sanger
33. "In a society that prioritizes man's health, a cleaner is more important than a lawyer."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
34. "I would hope that my writing's cleaner than it was when I started."
Author: Nora Roberts
35. "A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often."
Author: Oliver Herford
36. "Great," Shane said. "Look i'd rather not be on janitorial duty. I have allergies to cleaners.""And to cleaning," Michael said."Look who's talking, Didn't the do one of those Animal Planet documentaries about the roaches in your room?"
Author: Rachel Caine
37. "I will be very careful the next time I fall in love, she told herself. Also, she had made a promise to herself that she intended on keeping. She was never going to go out with another writer: no matter how charming, sensitive, inventive or fun they could be. They weren't worth it in the long run. They were emotionally too expensive and the upkeep was complicated. They were like having a vacuum cleaner around the house that broke all the time and only Einstein could fix it. She wanted her next lover to be a broom."
Author: Richard Brautigan
38. "He came over to stand by me. "Well, don't tell anyone, but I think getting away from Court was a good thing. This weather sucks, but Palm Springs might be good for me— it and all the wonders it contains. You guys. Art classes. Pine cleaner."
Author: Richelle Meadle Mead
39. "If we can produce more ethanol and bio-diesel to help fuel our vehicles, we will create jobs, boost local economies and produce cleaner burning fuels. This will keep dollars here at home where they can have a positive impact on our economy."
Author: Rick Renzi
40. "A good place to meet a man is at the dry cleaner. These men usually have jobs and bathe."
Author: Rita Rudner
41. "I got out of my car, locked it tight as a virgin, and entered his back seat, where a Milky Way wrapper greeted me on the floor, a burnt cigarette mark greeted me on the seat, and the overpowering scent of upholstery cleaner nearly did me in."
Author: Robert Downs
42. "The day I worry about cleaning my house is the day Sears comes out with a riding vacuum cleaner."
Author: Roseanne Barr
43. "As you live Deeper in the Heart, the Mirror gets clearer and cleaner."
44. "I've lived with boys and girls, and I find that boys are generally cleaner than girls. Generally! This is a big generalization!"
Author: Sam Claflin
45. "Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner."
Author: Sophia Loren
46. "GainsThere is no man in the house that I have to try to make happy. There are no more arguments, or nights when I turn away from N in quiet dispair as he snores with an entitled regularity. Everything also stays cleaner; the toilet seat is perpetually down. I have the remote control to the television; no one can take that away. I can watch the Lifetime channel without derision."
Author: Suzanne Finnamore
47. "Wrapping his arms around her waist, he kissed her cheek. She inhaled his masculine scent, he smelled of engine grease, citrus hand cleaner and man. She turned in his arms and laid her cheek over his beating heart, treasuring the haven of his embrace..."
Author: Tamara Hoffa
48. "The Swedes have coined the term 'management by perkele' to portray the Finnish managerial approach. Instead of collectively pondering all the possible alternatives and letting every member of the staff from the cleaner to the MD voice their views, as the Swedes do, the Finns act swiftly and don't waste time on the decision-making process. If something isn't happening quickly enough, it is necessary for the top managers to slam their fists on the table and yell, 'Perkele!' Repeatedly, if necessary."
Author: Tarja Moles
49. "MacKenzie grinned at Mim. "They love the modern appliances.""Especially the electric floor sweeper," Valor chuckled."Defiance really has a thing for the vacuum cleaner," MacKenzie agreed in a secretive whisper."If he ever has kids, he'll probably name the first one Hoover," Havoc snickered."
Author: Taylor Longford
50. "I played didgeridoo from a young age - on the vacuum cleaner, initially."
Author: Xavier Rudd
Quotes About Cleaner Pictures