Famous Quotes About Clothe
Browse 1884 famous quotes and sayings about Clothe.
Top Quotes About Clothe
1. "For mines are for men, not for money. And money is not something to go mad about, and throw your hat into the air for. Money is for food and clothes and comfort, and a visit to the pictures. Money is to make happy the lives of children. Money is for security, and for dreams, and for hopes, and for purposes. Money is for buying the fruits of the earth, of the land where you were born."
Author: Alan Paton
2. "People left a lot of things behind when they went in the water. Their clothes, their stuff, their makeup, their fixed-up hair, their voices, their hearing, their sight--at least as they normally experienced them....Some people lost their individuality in the water, but Riley always felt most herself. Water was supposed to symbolize renewal, she knew, but when Riley swam, pared down, alone, and unreachable--she felt a deeper sense of who she already was."
Author: Ann Brashares
3. "Clothes and manners do not make the man; but when he is made, they greatly improve his appearance."
Author: Arthur Ashe
4. "On my first album I was wearing a lot of guys pants, baggy clothes and stuff like that. I was 17 and I was a little tomboy. And you would never see me wearing a dress or heels on my first record."
Author: Avril Lavigne
5. "I gave a relenting sigh. "Fine! I'll throw on some clothes. Turn around. I'm in my pj's." Pj's that consisted of nothing but a tank top and boy shorts--an image I didn't want to sear into Scott's mind. Scott smiled. "I'm a guy. That's like asking a kid not to glance at the candy counter." Ugh. The dimple in his cheek deepened. And it was not in any way cute... pg 196"
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
6. "I've been quite a late developer on the clothes front, but I've suddenly realised it is one of life's joys."
Author: Benedict Cumberbatch
7. "The move to tax Internet sales, clothed as a 'fairness' issue, is the typical 'wolf-in-sheep's-clothing' ploy so often used by governments unwilling to cut expenditures to match revenues. It matters not whether its proponents have a 'D' or an 'R' after their name. It is a tax increase in either case."
Author: Bob Barr
8. "They could read it on each other, their faces wrinkled pages. Words hiding in the folds of their clothes. She was made of letters then, as all of us are now."
Author: Brian Francis Slattery
9. "In a platonic and boring fashion, is it all right if I share your fire until me clothes dry out? I have a feeling if I fall asleep damp I'll wake up with some horrid Victorian disease."
Author: Caitlin Kittredge
10. "What do you want?" "Clothes mostly, some weapons."Sebastian shook his head." Too dangerous. We need to get in and out fast. Only emergency items.""My favourite jacket is a emergency item," Jace said. It was so much like hearing him talk to Alec, to any of his friends. "Much like myself, it is both snuggly and fashionable."
Author: Cassandra Clare
11. "Merit," Catcher said, sitting beside Mallory on the couch, an arm around her shoulders. "It's nice to see you clothed again.""And now that she is," Gabriel said, standing, "we should get moving.""Where are we going, exactly?" Catcher asked."To a land beyond space and time," Jeff said drawing an arc in the air. "Where the rules of mortals have no meaning."Gabriel looked up at the ceiling as if he might find patience there. "We're going to the Brecks' backyard. Into the woods, right here in Illinois, where most of us are quite mortal.""Illi-noise," Jeff said with cheeky enthusiasm. "Because the wolves will howl."
Author: Chloe Neill
12. "I like trendy clothes just like everybody else does."
Author: Chrisette Michele
13. "Bunny Slippers watched my appraisal for at least a fullminute before clasping his hands and resting them on the table."You stand in the doorway, clothes sticking to you like you justgot out of the shower and didn't dry off." I hadn't dried offactually. "Your hair is wet like it's been raining, but it's nearninety outside. You glare at me for a good ten minutes beforeyou come over. Sit across from me in my booth, without aninvitation. Don't introduce yourself. Don't say hello. Youannounce you're not gay, but that I made you gay, and I amconfusing you?Well, when he said it like that."
Author: Dani Alexander
14. "Having a dissenting opinion on movies, music, or clothes, or owning clever or obscure possessions, is the way middle-class people fight one another for status...Hipsters, then, are the direct result of this cycle of indie, authentic, obscure, ironic, clever consummerism...It is ironic in the sense the very act of trying to run counter to the culture is what creates the next wave of culture people will in turn attempt to counter."
Author: David McRaney
15. "Miss, I'd gladly pay you to remove your clothes."
Author: David Scheier
16. "There's this idea that if you take your clothes off, somehow you must have loose morals."
Author: Demi Moore
17. "Get some perspective. A lot of things that may aggravate you only do so because you have the luxury of not wrestling with bigger issues. Today, be thankful for everything you have: being alive, your friends and family, your health, a roof over your head, something to eat, clean water to drink, indoor plumbing, heating, air conditioning, clothes, shoes, a job, and freedoms. Many, many people have it worse."
Author: Dinah Sanders
18. "Who picks your clothes - Stevie Wonder?"
Author: Don Rickles
19. "I dressed in another new outfit courtesy of the guys, and which I didn't argue about given they keptdestroying my clothes in their eagerness to claim me. Ain't love grand?"
Author: Eve Langlais
20. "Let me be cursed, let me be base and vile, but let me also kiss the hem of that garment in which my God is clothed; let me be following the devil at the same time, but still I am also your son, Lord, and I love you, and I feel a joy without which the world cannot stand and be."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
21. "What had survived - maybe all that had survived of Trism - was Liir's sense of him. A catalog of impressions that arose from time to time, unbidden and often upsetting. From the sandy smell of his sandy hair to the locked grip of his muscles as they had wrestled in sensuous aggression - unwelcome nostalgia. Trism lived in Liir's heart like a full suit of clothes in a wardrobe, dress habillards maybe, hollow and real at once. The involuntary memory of the best of Trism's glinting virtues sometimes kicked up unquietable spasms of longing."
Author: Gregory Maguire
22. "It wasn't like there was some obvious change. Actually, the problem was more a lack of change. Nothing about her had changed - the way she spoke, her clothes, the topics she chose to talk about, her opinions - they were all the same as before. Their relationship was like a pendulum gradually grinding to a halt, and he felt out of synch."
Author: Haruki Murakami
23. "A man who has at length found something to do will not need to get a new suit to do it in. If there is not a new man, how can the new clothes be made to fit? All men want, not something to do with, but something to do, or rather something to be. Perhaps we should never procure a new suit until we have so conducted that we feel like new men in the old."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
24. "Trouble is only an opportunity in work clothes."
Author: Henry J. Kaiser
25. "...I know all about myself now, I know. You've told me so often. You haven't left me one rag of illusion to clothe myself in."
Author: Jean Rhys
26. "The TV said you should ignore bullies and they would stop harassing you. In practice this worked about half the time. The other half, you ended up with two tall boys shadowing you through a trailer park, their fingers taking little nips at your clothes, like dogs."
Author: Jennifer Echols
27. "Babies are the worst roommates. They're unemployed. They don't pay rent. They keep insane hours. Their hygiene is horrible. If you had a roommate that did any of the things babies do, you'd ask them to move out. "Do you remember what happened last night? Today you're all smiles, but last night you were hitting the bottle really hard. Then you started screaming, and you threw up on me. Then you passed out and wet yourself. I went into the other room to get you some dry clothes, I came back, and you were all over my wife's breasts! Right in front of me, her husband! Dude, you gotta move out."
Author: Jim Gaffigan
28. "If it's only a kiss you want, I can kiss you with my clothes on." Katie O'Reilly to Captain Lord Blackthorn in "Titanic Rhasody."
Author: Jina Bacarr
29. "Diets, like clothes, should be tailored to you."
Author: Joan Rivers
30. "Everybody was wearing rhinestones, all those sparkly clothes, and cowboy boots. I decided to wear a black shirt and pants and see if I could get by with it. I did and I've worn black clothes ever since."
Author: Johnny Cash
31. "You've been really hard on my clothes lately", I said. I pushed him away just enough to slip out of my T-shirt and drop it on the floor before he turned it into a stretched-out rag."I've been really hard...and your clothes are in my way."
Author: Jordan Castillo Price
32. "Good grief, Rex, doesn't Skywalker tell his underlings to put clothes on? What does he think this is, a cruise liner?"It was at times like this that Rex savoured the true value of his bucket. He silenced his helmet audio for a moment with a quick eye movement, roared with laughter, and then switched the speaker back on."Would you like me to ask him, sir?""Rex, you're enjoying this...""Me, sir? Never, sir."
Author: Karen Traviss
33. "That was another thing people used to be able to do, which they can't do anymore: enjoy in their heads events which hadn't happened yet and might never occur. My mother was good at that. Someday my father would stop writing science fiction, and write something a whole lot of people wanted to read instead. And we would get a new house in a beautiful city, and nice clothes, and so on. She used to make me wonder why God had ever gone to all the trouble of creating reality. Quoth Mandarax:Imagination is as good as many voyages - and how much cheaper! - GEORGE WILLIAM CURTIS"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
34. "Lily appeared, wearing her nightclothes, in the doorway. She gave an impatient sigh. 'This is certainly a very LONG private conversation,' she said. 'And there are certain people waiting for their comfort object.'Lily,' her mother said fondly, 'you're very close to being an Eight, and when you're an Eight, your comfort object will be taken away. It will be recycled to the younger children. You should be starting to go off to sleep without it.'But her father had already gone to the shelf and taken down the stuffed elephant which was kept there. Many of the comfort objects, like Lily's, were soft, stuffed, imaginary creatures. Jonas's had been called a bear.Here you are, Lily-billy,' he said. 'I'll come help you remove your hair ribbons."
Author: Lois Lowry
35. "Emperors, kings, artisians, peasens, big people---at the bottom we are all alike and all the same; all just alike on the inside, and when our clothes are off, nobody can tell which of us is which."
Author: Mark Twain
36. "I studied Finn the way another boy might have studied history, determined to memorize his vocabulary, his movements, his clothes, what he said, what he did, what he thought. What ideas circulated in his head when he looked distracted? What did he dream about?But most of all what I wanted was to see myself through his eyes, to define myself in relation to him, to sift out what was interesting in me (what he must have liked, however insignificant) and distill it into a purer, bolder, more compelling version of myself.The truth is, for that brief period of my life I failed to exist if Finn wasn't looking at me. And so I copied him, strove to exist the way he existed: to stretch, languid and graceful when tired, to move swiftly and with determination when not, to speak rarely and with force, to smile in a way that rewarded the world."
Author: Meg Rosoff
37. "I myself had to grow a longer beard and Afghan clothes. I was in danger of being kidnapped by smugglers, though I didn't know it at the time."
Author: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
38. "You know a man is interesting when you forget to notice how expensive — or cheap — his clothes are."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
39. "I've admired historical clothes like Victorian gowns since I was a child, and it's what motivated me to go into fashion."
Author: Olivier Theyskens
40. "Ella let out a squeal when I picked her up, "Jonathan!"I loved carrying her around in my arms. After all, modern man is just an illusion, we're all still cavemen. We just wear better clothes now."
Author: R. Matthews
41. "People ask how can a Jewish kid from the Bronx do preppy clothes? Does it have to do with class and money? It has to do with dreams."
Author: Ralph Lauren
42. "Jesus is ready to set us free from the heavy yoke of an oppressive way of life. Plenty of wealthy Christians are suffocating from the weight of the American dream, heavily burdened by the lifeless toil and consumption we embrace. This is the yoke from which we are being set free. And as we are liberated from the yoke of global capitalism, our sisters and brothers in Guatemala, Liberia, Iraq, and Sri Lanka will also be liberated. Our family overseas, who are making our clothes, growing our food, pumping our oil, and assembling our electronics--they too need to be liberated from the empire's yoke of slavery. Their liberation is tangled up with our own."
Author: Shane Claiborne
43. "My beard grows down to my toes,I never wears no clothes,I wraps my hairAround my bare,And down the road I goes."
Author: Shel Silverstein
44. "Since you came back from summer break, our entire relationship is about fooling around. We never talk anymore, and I'm sick of feeling guilty for not ripping my clothes off and spreading my legs to prove I love you."
Author: Simone Elkeles
45. "The main floor of Penn Station, early,the first commuters arriving, leaving,the man outstretched on his coat,wide circles of survivors forming.He's half in, half out of his clothes,being kissed and cardio-shocked,though he was likely dead before he landed.This goes on for minutes, minutes more,until the medics unhook the vanished heart,move him onto the cot and cover himwith the snow-depth of a sheetand wheel him the fluorescent lengthof the hall through gray freight doorsthat open on their own and close at will."
Author: Stanley Plumly
46. "The photograph, the clothes, the sets - this was about 1974, and I started hanging out with my friend Richard Sold, who was playing in a band with Patti Smith."
Author: Stephen Sprouse
47. "You are not naked when you take off your clothes. You still wear your religious assumptions, your prejudices, your fears, your illusions, your delusions. When you shed the cultural operating system, then, essentially you stand naked before the inspection of your own psyche…and it's from that position, a position outside the cultural operating system, that we can begin to ask real questions about what does it mean to be human, what kind of circumstance are we caught in, and what kind of structures, if any, can we put in place to assuage the plan and accentuate the glory and the wonder that lurks, waiting for us, in this very narrow slice of time between the birth canal and the yawning grave. In other words we have to return to first premises."
Author: Terence McKenna
48. "Everyone has a best feature, so find clothes and accessories to accentuate those, whether it's your shoulders or your long legs!"
Author: Tim Gunn
49. "I'm tall with broad shoulders. And my waist is small. I'm into fashion, so I like the way clothes lay on me. I'm pretty much a normal person's size, just stretched out."
Author: Tyson Chandler
50. "I want my wardrobe to be full of good clothes, so that when I'm deciding what to wear, I don't run out of options. I love shopping!"
Author: Virat Kohli
Quotes About Clothe Pictures