Famous Quotes About Coldest
Browse 32 famous quotes and sayings about Coldest.
Top Quotes About Coldest
1. "My tears brought no sense of release or relief. Their flight felt like the lightest, coldest touch of a departing lover."
Author: Anne Giardini
2. "It was the worst thing she had ever had to do, but she went forward to the stream, knelt down and began scooping up water in her hand. It was the coldest, most refreshing water she had ever tasted. You didn't need to drink much of it, for it quench your thirst at once."
Author: C.S. Lewis
3. "Have you never known a cruel wind? What an easy, balmy, tropical life you must have! I never tease, madam! I coax, I beguile, I stomp, I throw tantrums, and for certain, I freeze — I am the Coldest and Harshest of all the Harsh Airs! I am the shiver of the world! But I do not tease. You can cause ever so much more trouble by taking folk seriously, asking just what they're doing and doing just what they ask."
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
4. "Coldest the remembrance of the wider ocean--wealth, caste, custom intervened between me and what I naturally and inevitably loved."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
5. "I am the land, the bones of the hills. I am the winter. When I am dead I will come for you all on the coldest of nights."
Author: Conn Iggulden
6. "On the coldest day of winter, I wouldn't give you the steam off my shit"
Author: Edward Lee
7. "I am shadow so I don't have a face. I am utter darkness like the one that swells within your coldest depths. I am the ultimate judger. I am your final fate. I am the one that brings your darkness to the known."
Author: Eiry Nieves
8. "It may be the coldest day ofThe year, what does he think ofThat? I mean, what do I? And if I do,Perhaps I am myself again."
Author: Frank O'Hara
9. "A state, is called the coldest of all cold monsters. Coldly lieth it also; and this lie creepeth from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people."It is a lie! Creators were they who created peoples, and hung a faith and a love over them: thus they served life.Destroyers, are they who lay snares for many, and call it the state: they hang a sword and a hundred cravings over them.Where there is still a people, there the state is not understood, but hated as the evil eye, and as sin against laws and customs."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
10. "Financial demands, of all the rough winds that blow upon our love, (are) quite the coldest and the most biting."
Author: Gustave Flaubert
11. "Ah!" thought Rodolphe, turning very pale, "that was what she came for." At last he said with a calm air— "Dear madame, I have not got them." He did not lie. If he had had them, he would, no doubt, have given them, although it is generally disagreeable to do such fine things: a demand for money being, of all the winds that blow upon love, the coldest and most destructive."
Author: Gustave Flaubert
12. "My view of writing "Coldest Girl in Coldtown" was to take every single thing that I loved from every vampire book I had ever read and dump it into one book--everything I like--trying to evoke some of the decadence… Vampires are a high-class monster: They want to dress up. They want to drink a lot of absinthe, or force their victims to drink a lot of absinthe. They have big parties and have elegant rituals. I think that's a thing we associate with vampires--they are the royalty of our monsters. We expect them to be rich, we expect them to be well-dressed. I wanted to have some of that be true because I like it, and have some of it not be true because it's kind of weird.I wanted to put in the idea of infection, which I was really interested in and which was a big feature of the vampire books I read growing up. And, the fear and desire for infection--the way in which our urge towards loving vampires is nihilistic. Our fear of them is our survival instincts kicking in."
Author: Holly Black
13. "Please,Tana,please.' -lots of characters in The Coldest Girl in Coldtown"
Author: Holly Black
14. "The love of literature, of language, of the mystery of the mind and heart showing themselves in the minute, strange, and unexpected combinations of letters and words, in the blackest and coldest print—the love which he had hidden as if it were illicit and dangerous, he began to display, tentatively at first, and then boldly, and then proudly."
Author: John Edward Williams
15. "In the night, I hear 'em talk. Coldest story ever told. Somewhere far along this road he lost his soul."
Author: Kanye West
16. "The coldest most rational scientific madness is also the most intolerable. But when a man has acquired a certain ability to subsist, even rather scantily, in a certain niche with the help of a few grimaces, he must either keep at it or resign himself to dying the death of a guinea pig. Habits are acquired more quickly than courage, especially the habit of filling one's stomach."
Author: Louis Ferdinand Céline
17. "Clear nights are sometimes the coldest."
Author: Luanne Rice
18. "Love is a feeling, a real, raw, and unscripted emotion so sensationally pure, unable to dull even under the strain of a world against it, strong enough to heal the broken and warm even the coldest of hearts.Innate.Unavoidable.Undeniable."
Author: Madeline Sheehan
19. "They snatched the girl off her tire swing in the backyard and dragged her into the woods; her body made a shallow track in the snow, from her world to mine. I saw it happen. I didn't stop it.It had been the longest, coldest winter of my life. Day after day under a pale, worthless sun. And the hunger- hunger that burned and gnawed, an insatiable master."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
20. "And yes, I know it's you; and that is what we will come to, sooner or later, when it's even darker than It is now, when the snow is colder,when it's darkest and coldest and candles are no longer any use to us and the visibility is zero: Yes.It's still you. It's still you."
Author: Margaret Atwood
21. "Man without compassion is the coldest thing ever in this universe!"
Author: Mehmet Murat Ildan
22. "We haven't met yet, I'm Brandon Taylor." Dear Lord that voice could warm me on the coldest day of the year."
Author: Molly McAdams
23. "All the hardest, coldest people you meet were once as soft as water. And that's the tragedy of living."
24. "The coldest depth of Hell is reserved for people who abandon kittens."
Author: Robert A. Heinlein
25. "There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise. A time when it is far too early to arise, but so late that going to bed makes small sense."
Author: Robin Hobb
26. "Dear Sixpence,I saved them all, you know. Every letter you ever sent, even those to which I never replied. I'm sorry for so many things, my love: that I leftyou; that I never came home; that it took me so long to realize that you were my home and that, with you by my side, none of the restmattered.But in the darkest hours, on the coldest nights, when I felt I'd lost everything, I still had your letters. And through them, in some small way,I still had you.I loved you then, my darling Penelope, more than I could imagine—just as I love you now, more than you can know.MichaelHell House, February 1831"
Author: Sarah MacLean
27. "In our past lies our future. By our own hands and decisions we will be damned and we will be saved. Whatever you do, put forth your best effort even if all you're doing is chasing a never ending rainbow. You might never reach the end of it, but along the way you'll meet people who will mean the world to you and make me...mories that will keep you warm on even the coldest nights"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
28. "Hey, just be grateful I'm old. When an Arcadian first starts time-walking, we only have about a three percent chance of success. I once ended up on Pluto. (Sebastian)Are you serious? (Channon)They're not kidding about it being the coldest planet. (Sebastian)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
29. "The hottest love has the coldest end."
30. "On the darkest days you have to search for a spot of brightness, on the coldest days you have to seek out a spot of warmth; on the bleakest days you have to keep your eyes onward and upward and on the saddest days you have to leave them open to let them cry. To then let them dry. To give them a chance to wash out the pain in order to see fresh and clear once again."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
31. "Dauntless is the cruelest of the fiveThey tear each other to pieces . . . .Erudite is the coldest of the fiveKnowledge is a costly thing. . . ."
Author: Veronica Roth
32. "The misery of a child is interesting to a mother, the misery of a young man is interesting to a young woman, the misery of an old man is interesting to nobody. This of all miseries is the coldest."
Author: Victor Hugo
Quotes About Coldest Pictures