Famous Quotes About Cole
Browse 441 famous quotes and sayings about Cole.
Top Quotes About Cole
1. "Growing up my mother played Sarah Vaughan and Nat Cole in the house regularly."
Author: Aaron Neville
2. "As Cole left school that day with Peter, they stopped beside the bulldog statue."You two are wrecking our school!" shouted one of the jocks walking by."You can't wreck something that's already wrecked!" Peter shouted back angrily."Hey, Peter, we're Spirit Bears," Cole reminded his friend. "Spirit Bears are strong, gentle, and kind."Peter thought a moment. "You got mauled, so that proves they can get ticked off too."
Author: Ben Mikaelsen
3. "He turned to Edwin. "You know, the stuff you just told me makes more sense than all the weird things the counselors and psychologist have told me in school and at the detention center."Edwin tapped Cole's shoulder with the broken stick. "That's because those people still think you can get rid of the left end of the stick."
Author: Ben Mikaelsen
4. "I ordered a coffee and a little something to eat and savored the warmth and dryness. Somewhere in the background Nat King Cole sang a perky tune. I watched the rain beat down on the road outside and told myself that one day this would be twenty years ago."
Author: Bill Bryson
5. "..."Specifically, Hercules. Yes, the strong man often is perceived as an oaf. Light on the brain cells, heavy on the the biceps."Cole leaned over and said under his breath, "We all know someone like that, don't we?"
Author: Brodi Ashton
6. "Cole let me pull him, saying loudly, "Lead on. I like a woman who -""Shut up."
Author: Brodi Ashton
7. "I grabbed the sides of my desk, as if I were about to pick it up and move it. Like a crazy person. Cole walked over and noticed how I was grabbing my desk.He raised an eyebrow. "I think when Mrs. Stone said to take our seats, she didn't mean literally take our seats."
Author: Brodi Ashton
8. "Hi, Nikki," Gavin said. Ariel didn't even bother looking up from Gavin's neck."Hey, Gavin," I said. "I thought that latest STD test came back positive? Ariel's head shot up. Good, I had her attention. I kept my eyes on Gavin. "I'm happy to be wrong though." Ariel pushed herself up off Gavin and stood there."It's not true," Gavin said, a disbelieving smile on his face. "I've never even been tested." "I'm out if here," Ariel said......Gavin shot me a dirty look. "Thanks a lot Nikki." Cole's lips twitched, obviously amused at what had just happened."
Author: Brodi Ashton
9. "When Coleridge tried to define beauty, he returned always to one deep thought; beauty, he said, is unity in variety! Science is nothing else than the search to discover unity in the wild variety of nature,—or, more exactly, in the variety of our experience. Poetry, painting, the arts are the same search, in Coleridge's phrase, for unity in variety."
10. "KATIE: Cuando alguien dice que es una larga historia quiere decir que es una historia corta y tonta de la que no tiene ganas de hablar o que le da demasiada vergüenza contar. ¿Por qué no hablas con él?ROSIE: Porque ya no me importa lo que haga o lo que deje de hacer. Es muy libre de hacer lo que quiera con su vida y yo no tengo nada que ver. Además, noquiere oír lo que tengo que decirle.KATIE: Nuestro vecino Rupert dice: «Los errores son los portales deldescubrimiento».ROSIE: Eso no lo dice Rupert. Lo dijo James Joyce.KATIE: ¿James qué? ¿Le conozco?ROSIE: Está muerto.KATIE: Vaya, lo siento, ¿le conocías bien?ROSIE: ¿Qué demonios os enseñan en el colegio?KATIE: Ahora mismo educación sexual. Un aburrimiento mortal."
Author: Cecelia Ahern
11. "Do you have to use the ladies' room or something?" Livia asked."No. No, I don't. I just can't wait. I'm having all sorts of problems with the waiting."Livia knew her sister's secret would bubble out of her soon.Cole put a hand on Kyle's shoulder. "You wanted to wait, remember? Tell her if you can't stand it anymore."At that, Kyle exploded. She waved her sparkling left hand in front of her. "Oh my God! I'm engaged! I'm marrying Cole!"
Author: Debra Anastasia
12. "John stooped to give Kyle a kiss on the cheek. Kyle held her hand out to Cole, and for a brief moment their hands didn't touch. The tiny sliver of air between their palms seemed to contain the energy of an entire universe. But when his hand eclipsed hers, instead of an explosion, there was only calm. Only peace."
Author: Debra Anastasia
13. "A small lady moved on after greeting Livia to address the wedding couple. "Cole Bridge. Look at you!"Cole's mouth dropped open. "Mrs. D?" After a shocked pause, he scooped her into a hug. "You're here?""Of course I am, sweetheart. Your wonderful wife delivered the invitation by hand. She insisted it be a surprise." Mrs. D rubbed Cole's arm.Cole turned to Kyle. "Thank you so much. I didn't know you were going to do this."Kyle nodded. "I know how much she means to you," she said."
Author: Debra Anastasia
14. "Eve grew uneasy. She had to tell Beckett there was another wedding to attend from a distance. Blake had refused to appoint anyone else as best man. He said it was Beckett's place, whether he filled it or not. Cole would officiate."
Author: Debra Anastasia
15. "It's us that should be thanking you. Not a day goes by that Cole and I don't remember you've given your life for ours. Your heart is good. You are the man you seek to be. Never forget that. If it's getting rough, think of what you've already accomplished. Trusting you got Cole and me the lives of our dreams."
Author: Debra Anastasia
16. "Cole reached into his pocket and handed Beckett the bag with the rings. He held them gently in a cupped hand for a moment and smiled down at them. Then he put them in his pocket and held his head high."
Author: Debra Anastasia
17. "...something which, for want of a more definite term at present, I must be permitted to be called queer; but which Mr. Coleridge would have called mystical, Mr. Kant pantheistical, Mr. Carlyle twistical, and Mr. Emerson hyperquizzitistical."
Author: Edgar Allan Poe
18. "Me propongo a describir, con precisión, hechos que finalmente han provocado mi forzosa estadía en este manicomio con el insólito consentimiento de mi amadísima familia, alumnos, colegas y amistades, habiendo sido recluido específicamente en el pabellón de los personajes famosos, dignidad esta que rechazo de plano."
Author: Eduardo Liendo
19. "En realidad, siempre he pensado que no hay memoria colectiva, lo que quizá sea una forma de defensa de la especie humana. La frase "todo tiempo pasado fue mejor" no indica que antes sucedieran menos cosas malas, sino que —felizmente— la gente las echa en el olvido. Desde luego, semejante frase no tiene validez universal; yo, por ejemplo, me caracterizo por recordar preferentemente los hechos malos y, así, casi podría decir que "todo tiempo pasado fue peor"
Author: Ernesto Sabato
20. "It was not so much fun. His work became confused with Nicole's problems; in addition, her income had increased so fast of late that it seemed to belittle his work. Also, for the purpose of her cure, he had for many years pretended to a rigid domesticity from which he was drifting away, and the pretence became more arduous in this effortless immobility, in which he was inevitably subjected to microscopic examination. When Dick could no longer play what he wanted to play on the piano, it was an indication that life was bring refined down to a point. He stayed in the big room a long time, listening to the buzz of the electric clock, listening to time."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
21. "Querendo ou não, iremos todos envelhecer. As pernas irão pesar, a coluna doer, o colesterol aumentar. A imagem no espelho irá se alterar gradativamente e perderemos estatura, lábios e cabelos. A boa notícia é que a alma pode permanecer com o humor dos dez, o viço dos vinte e o erotismo dos trinta anos.Erótica é a alma que se diverte, que se perdoa, que ri de si mesma e faz as pazes com sua história. Que usa a espontaneidade pra ser sensual, que se despe de preconceitos, intolerâncias, desafetos. Erótica é a alma que aceita a passagem do tempo com leveza e conserva o bom humor apesar dos vincos em torno dos olhos e o código de barras acima dos lábios; erótica é a alma que não esconde seus defeitos, que não se culpa pela passagem do tempo. Erótica é a alma que aceita suas dores, atravessa seu deserto e ama sem pudores. #BOMDIA!!!!["Erótica é a alma", por Fabíola Simões- blog "A soma de todos os afetos"]"
Author: Fabíola Simões
22. "Se você tiver alguma coisa do meu passado me manda, eu coleciono o que me aconteceu."
Author: Filipe Russo
23. "Psihanalistul devine regizorul unui teatru privat - in loc sa fie inginerul sau mecanicul care monteaza unitati de productie, care se lupta cu agenti colectivi de productie si de antiproductie."
Author: Gilles Deleuze Felix Guattari
24. "Everything from Colette to Kerouac."
Author: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
25. "¿Qué nos importa hoy la suerte de nuestra primera novia, cuya llamada o el encuentro con ella esperábamos anhelantemente? ¿Qué nos importa, incluso, la suerte de la penúltima, si hace ya un año que no la vemos? ¿Qué nos importan los amigos del colegio, y los de la Universidad, y los siguientes, pese a que giraran en torno a ellos larguísimos tramos de nuestra existencia que parecían no ir a terminarse nunca? ¿Qué nos importan los que se desgajan, los que se van, los que nos dan la espalda y se apartan, los que dejamos caer y convertimos en invisibles, en meros nombres que sólo recordamos cuando por azar vuelven a alcanzar nuestros oídos, los que se mueren y así nos desertan?"
Author: Javier Marías
26. "My initial plan was to spend a year in France, go to some kind of school and learn a bit of French. I went a year in an American college in the outskirts of Strasbourg, but got a glimpse of a real art school, L'Ecole des Arts Decoratifs, and enrolled the following year."
Author: John Howe
27. "Ruth Cole was a novelist; novelists are not at their best when they go off half-cocked. She believed that she would prepare what she was going to tell the police - preferably in writing."
Author: John Irving
28. "Cole Clayborne: I'm that transparent? Daniel Ryan: No, but she is. She's always looking at you like she's thinking about shooting you.Cole: *grins* It's love all right.Daniel: How can you be so sure? Everyone who meets you wants to shoot you.Cole: We're getting married. Daniel: Has she agreed?Cole: No.Daniel: *laughs* Then how do you think you're going to get her to marry you?Cole: *smiles* Ever hear of a shotgun wedding? Daniel: No, but I've got a feeling I won't want to miss it.Cole: Good, because your attendance is going to be required.Daniel: Why?Cole: Who do you think is going to hold the shotgun?"
Author: Julie Garwood
29. "Last night they came again. The soldiers had set up a defense perimeter, but there were simply too many—they must have come by the hundreds of thousands, a huge swarm that blotted out the stars. Three soldiers killed, as well as Cole. He was standing right in front of me; they actually lifted him off his feet before they bored through him like hot knives through butter. There was barely enough of him left to bury."
Author: Justin Cronin
30. "I know you like to be in control and you operate a lot from fear but you have to break the bounds of your past Nicole and rewrite the story you've been telling yourself based off of others experiences. You have to create your own experience, write your own story."
Author: Kathryn Perez
31. "En la película, la pobre Keira Knightley tiene que pasar por toda esa maldita tragedia con James McAvoy, pero si Keira no hubiera sido atractiva, el nunca se habría fijado en ella y no le habría roto el corazón. Al fin y al cabo todos sabemos eso de que "es mejor haber amado y perdido...", todo ese rollo es una mierda.Esta teoría se aplica a un montón de películas. Piensa en ello. Si Kate winslet hubiese sido la "Duff", Leonardo DiCaprio no se habría enamorado de ella en Titanic y nosotros nos habríamos ahorrado un montón de lágrimas. Si Nicole Kidman hubiese sido fea en ColdMountain, no tendría que haberse preocupado por Jude Law cuando se fue a la guerra. La lista es interminable."
Author: Kody Keplinger
32. "When your life has an expiration date, you don't have time to be negative. (Paraphrased from Kresley Cole's book "Lothaire")"
Author: Kresley Cole
33. "Goddamnit I've never been the "pretty friend..." She's the one who wears the perfect eyeliner, it never gathers like a crowd in her tear ducts to create a grapefruit-size ebony eye booger. The one who can wear a bodysuit, sit down in it, and not have rolls of fat cascading over her belt. The one who can eat a sandwich or hamburger and not wind up with lipstick on the bun or on her chin. The one who can actually eat in front of other people and not have food, like coleslaw, hanging from her lip or shooting out of her mouth, landing on the plates of other diners. She never spits when she talks. She sleeps with her mouth shut and never drools. She doesn't pick at her face. And she never, ever has to take a shit."
Author: Laurie Notaro
34. "Estoy seguro de que en el transcurso de vuestra vida os habréis dado cuenta de que las habitaciones de las personas reflejan su personalidad. En mi habitación, por ejemplo, he reunido una colección de objetos que son importantes para mí, y que incluyen un polvoriento acordeón en el que puedo tocar algunas canciones tristes, un legajo de notas sobre las actividades de los huérfanos Baudelaire y una fotografía borrosa, hecha hace mucho tiempo, de una mujer llamada Beatrice. Son objetos muy valiosos e importantes para mí."
Author: Lemony Snicket
35. "I'll try to communicate, Taylor said. She spoke slowly and deliberately. Hello! We need help. Is your village close?My village is Denver. And I think it's a long way from here. I'm Nicole Ade. Miss Colorado.We have a Colorado where we're from too! Tiara said. She swiveled her hips, spread her arms wide, then brought her hands together prayer-style and bowed. Kipa aloha.Nicole stared. I speak English. I'm American. Also, did you learn those moves from Barbie's Hawaiian Vacation DVD?Ohmigosh, yes! Do your people have that, too?"
Author: Libba Bray
36. "Every family has one living patriarch or matriarch, the final arbiter and repository of ancient family history, and Nicole's Aunt Patti was the last woman standing."
Author: Liz Rosenberg
37. "The front door was locked. "Here, talk to Grace," I said. "Mommy isn't going to give me a different answer than Daddy," Cole said, but I handed her the phone anyway."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
38. "Porque a felicidade era temporária, individual, excepcionalmente dual, raríssimas vezes tripartida e nunca coletiva, municipal."
Author: Mario Vargas Llosa
39. "Los niños de mi colegio son estúpidos. Pero se supone que no he de llamarlos estúpidos, ni siquiera aunque sea eso lo que son. Se supone que he de decir que tienen dificultades de aprendizaje o que tienen necesidades especiales."
Author: Mark Haddon
40. "Pretend you're me," she says. I can barely see her over the frothy mound.And it happens just like that.A feeling of sinking, a falling deep inside.And I'm her.And this is my house, and Matt French is my husband, tallying columns all day, working late into the night for me, for me.And here I am, my tight, my perfect body, my pretty, perfect face, and nothing could ever be wrong with me, or my life, not even the sorrow that is plainly right there in the center of it. Oh, Colette, it's right there in the center of you, and some kind of despair too. Colette----that silk sucking into my mouth, the weight of it now, and I can't catch my breath, my breath."
Author: Megan Abbott
41. "Tu stii foarte bine ce vreau sa spun, repetase Stefan. Poate mai exista si altceva în afara de dragoste. Poate exista undeva o posibilitate deschisa miracolelor, un mister ireductibil, un secret pe care nu izbutim înca sa-l descifram."
Author: Mircea Eliade
42. "Cuando un autor da sus páginas a la publicidad, se dirige, no a la multitud que arrojará a un lado el libro, o jamas lo tomará en las manos, sino a los muy contados que lo comprenderán mejor que la mayoría de sus condiscípulos de colegio o sus contemporáneos. Y no faltaran autores que en este punto vayan aun mas lejos en ciertos detalles confidenciales que pueden interesar sólo, y exclusivamente, a un corazón único y a una inteligencia en perfecta simpatía con la suya, como si el libro impreso se lanzara al vasto mundo con la certeza que ha de tropezar con el ser que forma el complemento de la naturaleza del escritor completando el círculo de su existencia al ponerlos así en mutua comunicación."
Author: Nathaniel Hawthorne
43. "Que la vida es simplemente una colección de vivencias a las que les ponemos un título, cada una de ellas de una duración limitada;"
Author: Nicholas Sparks
44. "Yo no soy entendida en política ni economista. Soy simplemente una mujer que padeció, que perdió a su marido, a sus padres, a sus hijos y a sus amigos. Yo sé que el mundo tendrá que compartir colectivamente la responsabilidad. Los alemanes pecaron criminalmente, pero lo mismo hicieron las demás naciones aunque sólo sea por negarse a creer y a afanarse día y noche en salvar a los desventurados y desposeídos, por cuantos medios estuviesen a su alcance. Sé que si la gente de todo el mundo se propone que de ahora en adelante reine una justicia indivisible y que no haya más Hitlers, algos se conseguirá. Indudablemente, todos aquellos cuyas manos se hayan manchado con sangre nuestra, bien sea directa bien indirectamente, tienen que pagar por los crímenes que han cometido, lo mismo si son hombres que si son mujeres."
Author: Olga Lengyel
45. "Noi, civilizatiile, stim acum ca suntem muritoare. Am auzit vorbindu-se de lumi disparute cu totul, de imperii prabusindu-se cu toti oamenii simasinariile lor, cazute în groapa inexplicabila a secolelor, cu zeii, cu legile lor, cu academiile sistiintelor lor pure si aplicative, cu gramaticile si dictionarele lor, cu clasicii, romanticii sisimbolistii lor, cu criticii si critica criticilor lor. Stim ca pamântul întreg e facut din cenusa si cacenusa semnifica ceva. Zarim prin ceata deasa a istoriei fantomele imenselor nave încarcate cubogatiile spiritului. Nu le putem numara. (...). Vedem ca prapastia istoriei este destul deîncapatoare pentru toata lumea. Simtim ca o civilizatie are aceeasi fragilitate ca si o viata."
Author: Paul Valéry
46. "En el colegio voy un curso adelantado porque me enseñó a leer a los cuatro años. Era la estrella del parvulario. Ahora soy el pringado al que los demás le sacan la cabeza."
Author: Pierre Szalowski
47. "The master and mistress of the house and the rest of the Blood -even the Crux himself- brought our food, poured the wine, did our bidding. The centerpiece was a roasted stag. crowned with gilded antlers and stuffed with songbirds; they had hunted well. We were forbidden to kill the deer that fattened on our coleworts and stole our grain, and the venison tasted all the better for the salt of revenge."
Author: Sarah Micklem
48. "Grace's gaze skimmed over her, taking in the various marks of possession that decorated her flesh. "Well, short of having ‘Property of Trey Coleman' tattooed on your forehead, he couldn't have made it any clearer that he considered you his, could he?"
Author: Suzanne Wright
49. "Tahar Ben Jelloun (2007)l'école perdue; Paris: Gallimard Jeunesse. 89 pages"
Author: Tahar Ben Jelloun
50. "My love, you are playing with a fire that you do not fully understand." His voice was deep and controlled. "There are times I may not be able to control myself. I am injured, and I need to feed – this would be one of those times." ~Cole"
Author: Tina Carreiro
Quotes About Cole Pictures