Famous Quotes About Comment
Browse 694 famous quotes and sayings about Comment.
Top Quotes About Comment
1. "Sir one more comment like that and I will strangle you with my microphone wire!"
Author: Adam Sandler
2. "Assembled in Gaza from Brazilian bioplastics, Turkish and Indonesian electronics, running Egyptian software and catching its time cues from an Israeli satellite, it commented on the world in ways its producers had failed to consider."Come to salvation!"
Author: Alex Jeffers
3. "I know you are incredibly bright, because when you are not being a smartarse your comments in class are very insightful, and when you ARE being a smartarse you are witty and clever and you make me laugh even when I want to slap you."
Author: Amy Harmon
4. "We'll need to clarify for the record, that I'm a pretend girlfriend. Pretend," she demands. "Got it? If you're giving me that goofy look because you think there are going to be benefits as part of this deal, you can just hold it right there! Pretend girlfriend. Say it with me." I shake my head at her outrageous comments. "Please. I've got that understood." "Good."
Author: Anne Eliot
5. "Unlike white commentators, who were hamstrung by the fear that they would be labeled racist, I could voice my criticisms of the feudal, religious, and repressive mechanisms that were holding back women from Muslim communities."
Author: Ayaan Hirsi Ali
6. "Clean up a pigsty," she commented one evening, "and if the creatures in it still have pig-minds and pig-desires, soon it will be the same old pigsty again."
Author: Catherine Marshall
7. "Mais comment font ces autres à qui tout réussit? Qu'on me dise mes fautes, mes chimères aussi. Moi j'offrirais mon âme, mon coeur et tout mon temps, mais j'ai beau tout donner, tout n'est pas suffisant....S'il suffisait qu'on s'aime, s'il suffisait d'aimer, si l'on changeait les choses un peu, rien qu'en aimant donner. S'il suffisait qu'on s'aime, s'il suffisait d'aimer, je ferais de ce monde un rêve, une éternité."
Author: Celine Dion
8. "One of the strangest things about being an actor is that people you don't know feel that they are allowed to comment on your hair, body, clothes, relationships."
Author: Courtney Thorne Smith
9. "I mean, all this stuff you're involved in, it's all gossip. It's people talking about each other behind their backs. That's the vast majority of this social media, all these reviews, all these comments. Your tools have elevated gossip, hearsay and conjecture to the level of valid, mainstream communication. And besides that, it's fucking dorky."
Author: Dave Eggers
10. "The running commentary, the loving support, the jokes and the observations and the random thoughts that are made a little less random when they're shared. The desire to be heard is as deeply seeded as the desire to be loved."
Author: David Levithan
11. "I'll miss the comments from the people on the street who love the show and who have felt its impact on the culture. I won't miss the shooting schedule, though!"
Author: Dennis Franz
12. "In the light of her son's comment she reconsidered the scene at the mosque, to see whose impression was correct. Yes it could be worked into quite an unpleasant scene. The doctor had begun by bullying her, had said Mrs Callendar was nice, and then - finding the ground safe - had changed; he had alternately whined over his grievances and patronized her, had run a dozen ways in a single sentence, had been unreliable, inquisitive, vain. Yes, it was all true, but how false as a summary of the man; the essential life of him had been slain."
Author: E.M. Forster
13. "Submission, when it is submission to the truth — and when the truth is known to be both beautiful and merciful — has nothing in common with fatalism or stoicism as these terms are understood in the Western tradition, because its motivation is different. According to Fakhr ad-Din ar-RazT, one of the great commentators upon the Quran: The worship of the eyes isweeping, the worship of the ears is listening, the worship of the tongue is praise, the worship of the hands is giving, the worship of the body is effort, the worship of the heart is fear and hope, and the worship of the spirit is surrender and satisfaction in Allah."
Author: Fakhr Ad Din Ar Razi
14. "Being unhappy alone isn't all that much fun, but what's even tougher is playing one's part without forgetting one's lines, coping with other people's compassion, their comments, being there with the right line when they give the cue."
Author: François Maspero
15. "« Comment ai-je pu laisser les apparences dicter ma vie à ce point-là? On dit souvent qu'« il faut sauver les apparencez ». Moi je dis qu'il faut les assassiner car c'est le sen moyen d'être sauvé. »"
Author: Frédéric Beigbeder
16. "Here's why I will be a good person. Because I listen. I cannot speak so I listen very well. I never interrupt, I never deflect the course of the conversation with a comment of my own. People, if you pay attention to them, change the direction of one another's conversations constantly. it's like having a passenger in your car who suddenly grabs the steering wheel and turns you down a side street."
Author: Garth Stein
17. "What the Web has never figured out is how to pay for reporting, which, with the collapse of print newspapers, is in desperately short supply, and without which even the most prolific commenters will someday run out of things to say."
Author: George Packer
18. "There are books in which the footnotes, or the comments scrawled by some reader's hand in the margin, are more interesting than the text. The world is one of those books."
Author: George Santayana
19. "Her daughter's comment amused Emily. 'I didn't know stalking could be a group activity"
Author: Gregg Olsen
20. "Pauvre petite femme! Ça baîlle après l'amour, comme une carpe après l'eau sur une table de cuisine. Avec trois mots de galanterie, cela vous adorerait, j'en suis sûr! ce serait tendre! charmannt!... Oui, mais comment s'en débarresser ensuite? - Rodolphe Boulanger"
Author: Gustave Flaubert
21. "I've recently enjoyed the Paul Thomas Anderson commentaries and the David Fincher commentaries."
Author: Jay Roach
22. "I will accept comments and criticism about change."
Author: Jimmy Haslam
23. "Halt eyed them balefully. They were all being so obvious about not mentioning his sudden reappearance that it was even worse than if they had commented on it...'Oh, go on!' he said. 'Somebody say something! I know what you're thinking!''It's good to see you up and about, Halt,' Selethen said gravely...Halt glared at the others and they quickly chorused their pleasure at seeing him back to his normal self. But he could see the grins they didn't quite manage to hide. He fixed a glare on Alyss.'I'm surprised at you Alyss,' he said. 'I expected no better of Will and Evanlyn, of course. Heartless beasts, the pair of them. But you! I thought you had been better trained!'...'Halt, I'm sorry! It's not funny, you're right... Shut up, Will.' This last was directed at Will as he tried, unsuccessfully, to smother a snigger."
Author: John Flanagan
24. "I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it."
Author: John Mellencamp
25. "It does not answer the aim which God had in this institution, merely for men to have good commentaries and expositions on the Scripture, and other good books of divinity; because, although these may tend, as well as preaching, to give a good doctrinal or speculative understanding of the word of God, yet they have not an equal tendency to impress them on men's hearts and affections. God hath appointed a particular and lively application of his word, in the preaching of it, as a fit means to affect sinners with the importance of religion, their own misery, the necessity of a remedy, and the glory and sufficiency of a remedy provided; to stir up the pure minds of the saints, quicken their affections by often bringing the great things of religion in their remembrance, and setting them in their proper colours, though they know them, and have been fully instructed in them already."
Author: Jonathan Edwards
26. "I took a couple of classes in clowning, but that was more like Lucille Ball kind of slapstick, not Ringling Brothers. But we had to do things silently, and the teacher would do this running commentary. 'Does this make Clown sad? Oh, Clown doesn't like that, does Clown?' Always 'Clown.' Never a name."
Author: June Diane Raphael
27. "Create reciprocity in your business by making the first gesture, like make a comment on the blog of a great speaker."
Author: Lisa A. Mininni
28. "We always protect our heads, our faces,' he commented as he followed a half-step behind and to her left. It's pure instinct; to shield the eyes. The irony is that the blind have no eyes to protect, and suffer most of their injuries on their legs. But instinct can be blind, too."
Author: Melinda Cross
29. "All is a-swarm with commentaries: of authors there is a dearth."
Author: Michel De Montaigne
30. "You're hurt," she commented. And I care? Okay. It's official. I'm my own species now: pathetic-deathwish-osaurus…I sooo hear extinction calling me."
Author: Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
31. "Le mythe, écrit Mircea Eliade, "raconte une histoire sacrée; il relate un événement qui a eu lieu dans le temps primordial, le temps fabuleux des commencements. Autrement dit, le mythe raconte comment, grâce aux exploits des Etres surnaturels, une réalité est venue à l'existence, que ce soit la réalité totale: le cosmos,, ou seulement un fragment: une île, une espèce végétale, un comportement humain, une institution. C'est donc toujours le récit d'une "création": on rapporte comment quelque chose a été produit, a commencé à être" ("Aspects du mythe")."
Author: Mircea Eliade
32. "I am open to comments, I accept with with all humility, or at least what I can muster at short notice."
Author: Neil Leckman
33. "I am open to all comments, I accept them with humility, or as much as i can muster on short notice."
Author: Neil Leckman
34. "In some ways blowjobs are better than sex because when you have a mouthful of cock you can't make snide comments."
Author: Nenia Campbell
35. "If I had a partner who asked when I was going to the gym or commented that I was eating too much or asked if I really needed an extra potato, that would make me feel awful. It would be terrible."
Author: Penny Lancaster
36. "Wisdom not only comes with suffering: when it comes, it is radically unusable. (Brooks' comment on the Oedipus tragedy)"
Author: Peter Brooks
37. "Oh, stick a cork in it, B," Jen snarled at Decebel.Vasile cocked his head to the side as he looked at Jen. "B?""Yeah. Ya know, for Beta. Although, I like it because I could also be calling him the technical term for a female dog and he wouldn't know it. So really, calling him B totally works to my advantage," Jen explained in all seriousness.Everyone turned when a quick burst of laughter came from the right side of the room. When Sorin saw everyone turn their eyes on him, he quickly began coughing.Holding up his hands, he finally composed himself. "Pardon me, Alpha. I seemed to have swallowed wrong.""You have to be careful while swallowing smart ass comments, Sorin," Jen teased."They tend to have a choking effect."
Author: Quinn Loftis
38. "That which is hateful to you, do not do to another. That is the whole Law. The rest is commentary. Now go and learn."
Author: Rabbi Hillel
39. "Sometimes I suspect most of the media commentariat are suffering from Munchausen syndrome."
Author: Rebekah Brooks
40. "Adrian: I can visit people in their dreams.Christian: Stop. I can feel there is a comment coming on about how women already dream about you. I just ate, you know."
Author: Richelle Mead
41. "Our camels plodded along. Katrina tried to kiss, or possibly spit on Hindenburg, and Hindenburg farted in response. I found this a depressing commentary on boy-girl relationships."
Author: Rick Riordan
42. "I have this horrible, horrible habit of going on YouTube and checking out comments about what I do."
Author: Rufus Wainwright
43. "Do you want my input or is this just an angry tirade you need to vent? (Acheron)Both! (Kat)Okay, you rant and I'll add my comments at the end. (Acheron)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "A great whispering noise began to rise in the woods on either side of the tracks, as if the forest had just noticed we were there and was commenting on it."
Author: Stephen King
45. "Bono has commented often that U2 did everything the wrong way around. Other bands started singing about girls and then found the issues in the cosmos and started singing about God; U2 started singing about God and eventually ended up doing a love album."
Author: Steve Stockman
46. "Critics do not have the satisfaction of working on things that actually exist, like sick dogs or dental cavities. So they are tempted to pluck a virtue out of necessity and claim that they toil in an altogether superior realm, that of the imagination. This implies, rather oddly, that things which do not exist are inevitably more precious than those that do, which is a fairly devastating comment on the latter. What kind of a world is it in which possibility is unquestionably preferable to actuality?"
Author: Terry Eagleton
47. "In the Forest,' comments Mr. Crawfford, ‘ev'ryone comes ‘round in a Circle sooner or later. One day, your foot comes down in your own shit. There, as the Indians say, is the first Step upon the Trail to Wisdom."
Author: Thomas Pynchon
48. "It's too hard for me to comment on the sorry state of our culture."
Author: Trevor Dunn
49. "Corny trash, vulgar clichés, Philistinism in all its phases, imitations of imitations, bogus profundities, crude, moronic and dishonest pseudo-literature—these are obvious examples. Now, if we want to pin down poshlost in contemporary writing we must look for it in Freudian symbolism, moth-eaten mythologies, social comment, humanistic messages, political allegories, overconcern with class or race, and the journalistic generalities we all know."
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
50. "Gave when she asked him that question. "Bush's iPod is heavy on traditional country singers," she reported. "He has selections by Van Morrison, whose ‘Brown Eyed Girl' is a Bush favorite, and by John Fogerty, most predictably ‘Centerfield.'" She got a Rolling Stone editor, Joe Levy, to analyze the selection, and he commented, "One thing that's interesting is that the president likes artists who don't"
Author: Walter Isaacson
Quotes About Comment Pictures