Famous Quotes About Committing The Same Mistakes
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Committing The Same Mistakes.
Top Quotes About Committing The Same Mistakes
1. "Does the presence of the other, who yesterday morning felt almost like and intruder, become ever more necessary because it shields us from our own hell--so that the very person who causes our torment by daybreak is the same who'll relieve it at night?"
Author: André Aciman
2. "I truly believe that writing is a continuum - so the different genres and forms are simply stops along the same continuum. Different ideas that need to be expressed sometimes require different forms for the ideas to float better. I don't write essays as often as I should."
Author: Chris Abani
3. "We awaken in others the same attitude of mind we hold toward them."
Author: Elbert Hubbard
4. "But fate it a cunning hussy, and builds up her plans as imperceptibly as a bird builds her nest; and with the same kind of unconsidered trifles."
Author: Elizabeth Gaskell
5. "When the animals entered the Ark in pairs, one may imagine that allied species made much private remark on each other, and were tempted to think that so many forms feeding on the same store of fodder were eminently superfluous, as tending to diminish the rations....The same sort of temptation befell the Christian Carnivora who formed Peter Featherstone's funeral procession; most of them having their minds bent on a limited store which each would have liked to get the most of. The long-recognized blood-relations and connexions by marriage made already a goodly number, which, multiplied by possibilities, presented a fine range for jealous conjecture and pathetic hopefulness."
Author: George Eliot
6. "But at the same time, never having final cut before, I really learned an interesting thing for any studio executive who is reading this: that if a director has final cut, it's actually easier and more interesting to listen to notes."
Author: Griffin Dunne
7. "And so I sat in the centre of this old city that I loved, which itself sat at the bottom of a tiny island. I was surrounded by people I loved, and I felt happy and miserable at the same time. I thought of what a mess everything had been, but that it wouldn't always be this way."
Author: Hanif Kureishi
8. "Well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow....""I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough. What happens if you break it, then?""You die," said Ron simply. "Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was about five. I nearly did too, I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental," said Ron, with a reminiscent gleam in his eyes. "Only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum. Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since.""Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock —""I beg your pardon?" said Fred's voice as the twins entered the kitchen."
Author: J.K. Rowling
9. "This was a perfect storm of crap, all flying through the same fan, right at him."
Author: James Patterson
10. "Should I go up one flight of stairs and then come back down, or should I go down one flight of stairs and then come back up? Same destination, same distance, same amount of work, but two different paths. Who knows, I might find love on one path. Probably the path I don't choose."
Author: Jarod Kintz
11. "If it is a sin to be gay, then why did God make you that way to begin with?...What kid of god would condemn someone for just being the way that they are?...I do not believe for one second that God thinks we are unnatural or sinful because we love people of our same gender."
Author: Jeff Erno
12. "Threads that drift alone will sometimes simply twine themselves together, without need for spindle or distaff: brought into each other's ambit, they bind themselves tight with the force of their own torsion. And this same torsion can, in the course of things, bundle the resulting cord back upon itself, ravelling it up into a skein, returning to the point of its beginning."
Author: Jo Baker
13. "To be fair, I am not the same man. The one who listened. The one who believed her."
Author: Jodi Picoult
14. "In the same way he's fascinated by crosswords, the puzzle of solving the murder is what drives him on."
Author: John Thaw
15. "Reasons. Life and death, really. But he'd refrained. She should have given him the same benefit of the doubt. "I think I'm ready to climb now." She sounded much calmer. Deadly"
Author: Mary Connealy
16. "To travel a circle is to journey over the same ground time and time again. To travel a circle wisely is to journey over the same ground for the first time. In this way, the ordinary becomes extraordinary, and the circle, a path to where you wish to be. And when you notice at last that the path has circled back into itself, you realize that where you wish to be is where you have already been ... and always were."
Author: Neale Donald Walsch
17. "And I began to feel sorry for myself; for so many years, my drawer full of memories had held the same old stories."
Author: Paulo Coelho
18. "Things didn't work between the two of them, because they loved the same person. He loved her and she loved herself"
Author: Ravinder Singh
19. "The fact that we don't keep repeating tests in the same arena is not because the probability of the hypothesis showing its falsity in other arenas goes up after it has passed tests in one arena."
Author: Robert Nozick
20. "The word "religion" has been hi-jacked and debased by the priests of faiths like these, until now it has become a dirty word amongst intelligent, right-thinking people in the Western world. The word "religion" springs from roots meaning piety, the Latin religio, the opposite idea to negligens, negligent, uncaring, unaware. It also springs from a root meaning to join together things that are separate, which in fact is the same meaning as the word "yoga" (compare the English word yoke, which ties oxen together, for example). So religion is a word which describes the process of becoming aware and unified, of joining together all things which are diverse; it is the union of body and spirit, self and not-self, human and god."
Author: Rodney Orpheus
21. "Instead of committing suicide, people go to work."
Author: Thomas Bernhard
Quotes About Committing The Same Mistakes Pictures