Famous Quotes About Conflict In Lord Of The Flies
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Conflict In Lord Of The Flies.
Top Quotes About Conflict In Lord Of The Flies
1. "My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross."
Author: Adolf Hitler
2. "Unlike Western parents, reminding my child of Lord Voldemort didn't bother me."
Author: Amy Chua
3. "In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. The Only Owner of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help. Guide us to the Straight Way... The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray.(The Qur'an- Surah Al-Fatihah)"
4. "I want. I need. I ache. I burn. Burn with me." Ellysetta to Rain in Lord of the Fading Lands."
Author: C.L. Wilson
5. "Well then, take this thought with you for the dark hours to come: It is a ludicrous fiction that love conquers all, but it can, in fact, conquer quite a lot. I am Iason of the Blood, Knight of Arthur, King of the Britons, reborn into dark service in the year of Our Lord five hundred and sixty. My power is vast, and for none to arrogate but by my will and decree. My services are engaged, Selina. Tell me what you need to ease your pain in this, and it is yours."
Author: Chris Dee
6. "The Lord has never spoken to me, but I feel Chick-fil-A has been His gift."
Author: Dan T. Cathy
7. "A fanatic is a man that does what he thinks the Lord would do if He knew the facts of the case."
Author: Finley Peter Dunne
8. "The Lord doesn't want anybody in His house who has to be dragged there."
Author: Frank D. Gilroy
9. "A man is never so vulnerable in a battle as when he flees," Lord Eddard has told Jon once. "A running man is like a wounded animal to a soldier. It gets his bloodlust up."
Author: George R.R. Martin
10. "Scout, I´m telling you for the last time, shut your trap or go home - I declare to the Lord you´re gettin´ more like a girl every day!"With that, I had no option but to join them."
Author: Harper Lee
11. "One was watching the other day a red-tailed hawk, high in the heavens, circling effortlessly, without a beat of the wing, just for the fun of flying, just to be sustained by the air-currents. Then it was joined by another, and they were flying together for quite a while. They were marvellous creatures in that blue sky, and to hurt them in any way is a crime against heaven. Of course there is no heaven; man has invented heaven out of hope, for his life has become a hell, an endless conflict from birth to death, coming and going, making money, working endlessly. This life has become a turmoil, a travail of endless striving. One wonders if man, a human being, will ever live on this earth peacefully. Conflict has been the way of his life - within the skin and outside the skin, in the area of the psyche and in the society which that psyche has created."
Author: Jiddu Krishnamurti
12. "Why, lies are like a sticky juice overspreading the world, a living, growing flypaper to catch and gum the wings of every human soul. . . And the little helpless buzzings of honest, liberal, kindly people, aren't they like the thin little noise flies make when they're caught?"
Author: John Dos Passos
13. "The critical question for our generation—and for every generation—is this: If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all thefriends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, andall the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beautiesyou ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and nohuman conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied withheaven, if Christ were not there?"
Author: John Piper
14. "In the Gulag, it was not the case that people died like flies. Rather, flies died like people."
Author: Martin Amis
15. "J. R. R. Tolkien, the near-universally-hailed father of modern epic fantasy, crafted his magnum opus The Lord of the Rings to explore the forces of creation as he saw them: God and country, race and class, journeying to war and returning home. I've heard it said that he was trying to create some kind of original British mythology using the structure of other cultures' myths, and maybe that was true. I don't know. What I see, when I read his work, is a man trying desperately to dream.Dreaming is impossible without myths. If we don't have enough myths of our own, we'll latch onto those of others — even if those myths make us believe terrible or false things about ourselves. Tolkien understood this, I think because it's human nature. Call it the superego, call it common sense, call it pragmatism, call it learned helplessness, but the mind craves boundaries. Depending on the myths we believe in, those boundaries can be magnificently vast, or crushingly tight."
Author: N.K. Jemisin
16. "May the Lord our God prepare us for every event, then comes Life or Death - it is no great matter."
Author: Nathaniel Smith
17. "I am less to you than your ivory Hermes or your silver Faun. You will like them always. How long will you like me? Till I have my first wrinkle, I suppose. I know, now, that when one loses one's good looks, whatever they may be, one loses everything. Your picture has taught me that. Lord Henry Wotton is perfectly right. Youth is the only thing worth having. When I find that I am growing old, I shall kill myself."
Author: Oscar Wilde
18. "The Lord said, ‘If ye love me, keep my commandments.' (John 14:15.) Our obedience to the laws, ordinances, and commandments is the greatest expression of love and gratitude that we can bestow upon him."
Author: Robert D. Hales
19. "Griffin? You ever heard of knocking?"Griffin sniffed and tucked his chin-length hair behind his ears. "We're family, dude, I don't need to knock."I sighed, not sure if Kellan could argue that point or not—not since Griffin had impregnated my sister. He really was family now. Lord help me."
Author: S.C. Stephens
20. "The smell of dead fish lingered in the air, and excited flies darted from fish to fish lapping up the decay."
Author: S.W. Lothian
21. "They had gathered at Eastcheap to wait. At this time of day, the marketplace ought to have been thronged with people looking for bargains, moving from stall to stall, examining the fresh fish, choosing the plumpest hens, buying candles and pepper and needles. The stalls were open, but the fishmongers and cordwainers and butchers were doing no business, despite the growing crowd. The sun was hot, flies were thick, and the odors pungent; no one complained, though. They talked and gossiped among themselves, strangers soon becoming friends, for the normally fractious and outspoken Londoners had forgotten their differences, at least for a day, united in a common purpose and determined to revel in their triumph, for they were pragmatic enough to understand this might be their only one. Now they joked and swapped rumors and waited with uncommon patience, and at last they heard a cry, swiftly picked up and echoed across the marketplace: "She is coming!"
Author: Sharon Kay Penman
22. "Do you ever lose the ego?" Westford asks me."Yeah." When his daughter kisses me, my ego flies out the window."
Author: Simone Elkeles
23. "When sorrows surround you few will comfort you. When happiness arises many will be part of the celebrationsAnd when Tragedy happens only the Lord is a prayer by calling out his Glorious name"
Author: Sonny Cele
24. "This is a life of right order, Sarah. "The heart that knows the Lord as the source of its beauty and value knows freedom. You have lost yourself in the gifts God gave you. Those blessings have become your master."
Author: Tessa Afshar
25. "The dove, as it flies in the sun, seems simply to sparkle like silver, but only one who has been able to wait at length to discover its hidden face will see its true gold or, rather, the color of a shining orange."
Author: Umberto Eco
26. "God of Jacob! it is the meeting of two fierce tides - the conflict of two oceans moved by adverse winds!"
Author: Walter Scott
Quotes About Conflict In Lord Of The Flies Pictures