Famous Quotes About Contractor
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Contractor.
Top Quotes About Contractor
1. "Had I been more responsible I might have made something of myself as a junk bond trader, long-haul trucker or perhaps a plumbing contractor."
Author: Brock Yates
2. "From famous artists to building contractors, we all want to leave our signature. Our lasting effect. Your life after death. We all want to explain ourselves. Nobody wants to be forgotten."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
3. "IBM was the original contractor for much of the computer interface design on the film."
Author: Douglas Trumbull
4. "I became a general contractor in my early 20s. I have been in the business for over 35 years."
Author: Gary Miller
5. "I will not do work that isn't done well or right. Stuff happens - things break, contractors don't come through - but I don't want to be responsible for not doing something correctly."
Author: Genevieve Gorder
6. "Defense contractors are able to reap tremendous profits while rarely confronting the risks for which those profits are supposed to be the reward."
Author: James Surowiecki
7. "At that time, about July 5, we had no Iraqi corrections officers working for us. It was a responsibility of the CPA, with contractors, to set up a training program."
Author: Janis Karpinski
8. "She's drunk dialing contractors " Chloe said to Tara. "Someone should stop her."
Author: Jill Shalvis
9. "Any contractor who would construct a flat-roofed, two-storey building in Northern New Hampshire was enough of a moron to not know how many assholes a human being had."
Author: John Irving
10. "For some individuals - some soldiers, some contractors - combat provides a kind of purpose and meaning beyond which all else potentially pales in comparison."
Author: Kathryn Bigelow
11. "In ordinary life, the action of a third party does not free the contractor from an obligation; but the advantage of making a contract with heaven is that intentions are valid currency."
Author: Machado De Assis
12. "My father was an electrical contractor, while I used to deliver video cassettes on a cycle to people in Juhu and Bandra, including celebrities like Mithun Chakraborty. Mithunda remembers me and is very proud of me. He can't believe that the guy who used to come to his house in short pants has become so successful."
Author: Madhur Bhandarkar
13. "CMS has a track record of successfully overseeing the many contractors our programs depend on to function. Unfortunately, a subset of those contracts for HealthCare.gov have not met expectations."
Author: Marilyn Tavenner
14. "What was to be a relatively innocuous federal government, operating from a defined enumeration of specific grants of power, has become an ever-present and unaccountable force. It is the nation's largest creditor, debtor, lender, employer, consumer, contractor, grantor, property owner, tenant, insurer, health-care provider, and pension guarantor. Moreover, with aggrandized police powers, what it does not control directly it bans or mandates by regulation."
Author: Mark R. Levin
15. "Independent contractors - a rapidly growing piece of the workforce - can often achieve the best quality of life. They can choose from where they work, whom they work for and for how long."
Author: Maynard Webb
16. "My dad had an eighth grade education, and everything that he did in his life was just stuff that he went out and did - figured out what he needed to know and read. Very successful, a union contractor."
Author: Mitch Pileggi
17. "The streets and alleys of the ward were notoriously filthy, and the contractors habitually neglected them, not failing, however, to draw their regular payments from the city treasury."
Author: Ray Stannard Baker
18. "If you cannot be on the project each day to check on things, then you should not try and be your own contractor."
Author: Robert Metcalfe
19. "America pays defense contractors to build aircraft carriers. Google pays brilliant programmers to do whatever the hell they want."
Author: Robin Sloan
20. "As if it were Injustice to sell dearer than we buy; or to give more to a man than he merits. The value of all things contracted for, is measured by the Appetite of the Contractors: and therefore the just value, is that which they be contented to give."
Author: Thomas Hobbes
21. "Campaign finance and ethics reform only works if it curtails all special interest groups equally and does not carve out any exceptions to benefit one party or another. 'Pay to play' reform was passed to limit the influence of big spending contractors over the public officials from whom they are trying to obtain work."
Author: Thomas Kean Jr.
22. "For the employee, the goal is to have full access to necessary information and as much independent decision-making ability as possible. For the entrepreneur, the goal is to grant as much information and independent decision-making ability to employees or contractors as possible."
Author: Timothy Ferriss
23. "Prince Charming can go suck rocks. I've met my true love and he's a contractor"
Author: Yasmine Galenorn
Quotes About Contractor Pictures