Famous Quotes About Controlling Your Mind
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Controlling Your Mind.
Top Quotes About Controlling Your Mind
1. "I naively believe that self-love is 80 percent of the solution, that it helps beyond words to take yourself through the day as you would with your most beloved mental-patient relative, with great humor and lots of small treats."
Author: Anne Lamott
2. "How was your night?" I asked, my voice carefully neutral as I attempted to break the ice. My spying adventures still hung uncomfortably between us. "Interesting.Yours?""Not so much.""Homework was brutal,huh?"He was making fun of me. "I didn´t do homework." He had the smile of a fow. "Who did you do?" I was speechless a moment. I stood there with my mouth slightly open. "Was that an innuendo?" "Just curious what my competition is.""Grow upp." His smile stretched. "Loosen up."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
3. "The Queen gave him a look: special and secretive and shared between the two of them.You warned her about us, the look seemed to say.That we would hurt her, break her as you might break a twig between your fingers. But you, who thought you could not be touched — you are the one who has been broken."
Author: Cassandra Clare
4. "You are sitting and smoking; you believe that you are sitting in your pipe, and that your pipe is smoking you; you are exhaling yourself in bluish clouds. You feel just fine in this position, and only one thing gives you worry or concern: how will you ever be able to get out of your pipe?"
Author: Charles Baudelaire
5. "I was not a particularly brave child, I think, because I had a narrative mind, because my mind automatically went to any terrible thing that could happen."
Author: Daniel Handler
6. "If you like, you can all think of it as my gift to you. I never had much else to give. You can get on and play your own lives as you like, while I just keep moving. This story of it all can be another gift. I've made an arrangement with Adam. When I've finished, which is almost now, I'm going to put the bundle of papers in the garden of the Old Fort, before I move on. Adam's going to get them and take them to his father. And if you read it and don't believe it's real, so much the better. It will make another safeguard against Them.But you wouldn't believe how lonely you get."
Author: Diana Wynne Jones
7. "Zen masters say you cannot see your reflection in running water, only in still water."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
8. "I plan less and less. It's a great benefit of writing lots, that you get good at holding long narratives in your head like a virtual space."
Author: Jonathan Lethem
9. "He had a face made for magazine covers. Could someone say GQ model? That razor sharp jaw and those angular features caught the light just right. If she'd had a camera she wouldn't mind snapping a few pictures. And those lips…she stopped. She didn't know him, and something told her she shouldn't get to know him."
Author: Kate Evangelista
10. "It was silly, but I couldn't let go of the hope that one day he'd walk in, look at me, smile and maybe popby my table to have a chat where I would boggle his mind with my brilliance. I'd charm him with mymanner. Then he'd ask me out on a date. At the end of which, maybe, hopefully, I'd finally be able totouch his hair (amongst other things).This never happened."
Author: Kristen Ashley
11. "For years I'd been awaiting that overriding urge I'd always heard about, the narcotic pining that draws childless women ineluctably to strangers' strollers in parks. I wanted to be drowned by the hormonal imperative, to wake one day and throw my arms around your neck, reach down for you, and pray that while that black flower bloomed behind my eyes you had just left me with child. (With child: There's a lovely warm sound to that expression, an archaic but tender acknowledgement that for nine months you have company wherever you go. Pregnant, by contrast, is heavy and bulging and always sounds to my ear like bad news: "I'm pregnant." I instinctively picture a sixteen-year-old at the dinner table- pale, unwell, with a scoundrel of a boyfriend- forcing herself to blurt out her mother's deepest fear.) (27)"
Author: Lionel Shriver
12. "Things change after people are married," she finally said, talking more to herself than to him. "People change.""Not usually for the better.""How would you know? Are you an authority on marriage...or on me, for that matter? You act just like Daniel, as if you know what's best for me. Well, maybe I should start deciding what I want!"His eyes gleamed like a cat's. "Maybe you should. What do you want?"She wanted Daniel.But she wanted Daniel to be different. "That's none of your concern.""But it is.I'm afraid I've already nvested a lot in you.""Invested what? A lot of what?""A lot of worry and vexation." His casual tone of voice belied his words."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
13. "Managing stress is about controlling the way you respond to events and having an open mind about the things that stress you. Learn to talk to God during the day and ask Him to give you peace and to help you with your problems"
Author: Michele Woolley
14. "Everybody in my band is married, pretty much, and have lives at home, and I don't want them to be away from their families so long that they just start to feel psychotic. You have to go home and stand around in your bathrobe doing your dishes to feel like a normal person sometimes."
Author: Neko Case
15. "I'll go from world to world until I find a time and place where you can come awake in safety. And I'll tell your story to my people, so that perhaps in time the can forgive you, too. The way that you've forgiven me."
Author: Orson Scott Card
16. "Ellie kept going. "You should get one of those headset things that are invisible and stick in your ear. Like the secret service and James Bond and crap like that. I bet you'd look really cool. Get tons of pussy."
Author: Skyla Dawn Cameron
17. "If you are not the hero of your own story, then you're missing the whole point of your humanity."
Author: Steve Maraboli
18. "I took a breath. Pictured the bed waiting for me upstairs. Then retreated to the lobbybar alone and ordered an ice-cold gin martini, a small signal to myself that my work was done. I held the glass, its inverted construction an insult to gravity and the order of things. Just like our Movement, from the outside the balance of power seems all wrong. But hold a martini glass in your hand and you know instinctively that it is just right."
Author: Stuart Connelly
19. "The only way you will ever permanently take control of your financial life is to dig deep and fix the root problem."
Author: Suze Orman
Quotes About Controlling Your Mind Pictures