Famous Quotes About Convincing Yourself
Browse 7 famous quotes and sayings about Convincing Yourself.
Top Quotes About Convincing Yourself
1. "You are so terribly nimble, so clever. I distrust your cleverness. You make a wonderful pattern, everything is in its place, it looks convincingly clear, too clear. And meanwhile, where are you? Not on the clear surface of your ideas, but you have already sunk deeper, into darker regions, so that one only thinks one has been given all your thoughts, one only imagines you have emptied yourself in that clarity. But there are layers and layers -- you're bottomless, unfathomable. Your clearness is deceptive. You are the thinker who arouses most confusion in me, most doubt, most disturbance."
Author: Anaïs Nin
2. "[The Devil] A new method, sir: when you've completely lost faith in me, then you'll immediately start convincing me to my face that I am not a dream but a reality--I know you now; and then my goal will be achieved. And it is a noble goal. I will sow just a tiny seed of faith in you, and from it an oak will grow--and such an oak that you, sitting in that oak, will want to join 'the desert fathers and the blameless women'; because secretly you want that very ver-ry much, you will dine on locusts, you will drag yourself to the desert to seek salvation!"
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
3. "There are technical tricks that may help you create more effective characters. My approach to characterization is not at all technical. I can't really analyze how I do it, but I am sure of one thing. To write convincing characters, you must possess the ability to think yourself into someone else's skin."
Author: Juliet Marillier
4. "RULES OF LYING:1. Figure out your lie before you open your mouth.2. Play on your opponent's sympathies and weaknesses3. Dance around the lie with distracting truth. They're far more convincing.4. Picture the lie in your head as if it were the truth. They want to see how it's coming up.5. Never forget which is the lie and which is the truth.6. If you say something that brings you trouble, pretend that was actually the lie. Lie and say you were joking before, and aren't you funny? It's a quick escape from a sticky situation. It's the liars trapdoor.7. Avoid it if at all possible.8. Keep up your poker face. Never have a "tell" or a physical gesture that will give yourself away and let your opponent know your bluffing."
Author: Kristin Walker
5. "I think-I need to ask an embarrassing question. Do you think I could borrow a pair of scrubs? I-uh-my pants-""Oh!" Cried the poor nurse. "Yes. Absolutely. I'll be right back."[...]"Thanks," I mumbled. "I'll just change here. He's not looking at anything at the moment." I gestured toward Sam, who was looking convincingly sedated. The nurse vanished through the curtains. Sam eye's flashed open again, distinctly amused.He whispered, "Did you just tell that man you went potty on yourself?""You.Shut.UP." I hissed back furiously."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
6. "There's no better guarantee of failure than convincing yourself that success is impossible, and therefore never even trying."
Author: Max Tegmark
7. "Convincing yourself doesn't win an argument."
Author: Robert Half
Quotes About Convincing Yourself Pictures