Famous Quotes About Creating A Legacy
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Creating A Legacy.
Top Quotes About Creating A Legacy
1. "He tried to calm his thoughts, but everything came back to what he'd almost done. Because he hadn't done anything, for years or ever, he had almost done this. Because he had no stories of valor, he had almost done this. Because the efforts he'd made towards creating something like a legacy had failed, he had almost done this."
Author: Dave Eggers
2. "I'll tell you the secret. When you begin with a character, you want to begin by creating a villain."
Author: Dorothy Allison
3. "It is useless to contend with the irresistible power of Time, which goes on continually creating by a process of constant destruction."
Author: E. T. A. Hoffmann
4. "They have no achievements of their own. They've made nothing, created nothing, worked at nothing. They will leave no trace that they ever existed. They have no legacy except for their names, which they did nothing to earn."
Author: Esmeralda Santiago
5. "'Tis to create, and in creating live A being more intense, that we endow With form our fancy, gaining as we give The life we image, even as I do now. What am I? Nothing: but not so art thou, Soul of my thought! with whom I traverse earth, Invisible but gazing, as I glow Mix'd with thy spirit, blended with thy birth,And feeling still with thee in my crush'd feelings' dearth."
Author: George Gordon Byron
6. "By creating a new mythos - that is, a change in the way we perceive reality, the way we see ourselves, and the ways we behave - la mestiza creates a new consciousness. The work of mestiza consciousness is to break down the subject/object duality that keeps her prisoner and to show in the flesh and through the images in her work how duality is transcended. The answer to the problem between the white race and the colored, between males and females, lies in healing the split that originates in the very foundation of our lives, our culture, our languages, our thoughts. A massive uprooting of dualistic thinking in the individual and collective consciousness is the beginning of a long struggle, but one that could, in our best hopes, bring us to the end of rape, of violence, of war."
Author: Gloria E. Anzaldúa
7. "We live in a world shaped by the ambiguous legacy of the Enlightenment...[it] enlarged the scope of human freedom, prepared our minds for the scientific method, made man the measure of all things, and placed individual consent front and center on the political stage."
Author: James Q. Wilson
8. "A huge part of keeping women in their place has to do with creating a really limited definition of what a 'real' woman is like. And a ton of that what-makes-a-woman nonsense is attached to motherhood. Apparently, by virtue of having ovaries and a uterus, women are automatic mommies or mommies-to-be."
Author: Jessica Valenti
9. "Defending birthright citizenship is about being on the right side of liberty. The 14th Amendment is a great legacy of the Republican Party."
Author: Mark McKinnon
10. "Fears of creating new kinds of plagues or of altering human evolution or of irreversibly altering the environment were only some of the concerns that were rampant."
Author: Paul Berg
11. "Leadership, on the other hand, is about creating change you believe in."
Author: Seth Godin
12. "As death approaches me, I regret this most, Pilgrim--aside from my loss of you. I regret that I blamed, so often, others--for faults and problems of my own making. And, if not of my own making, certainly of my own tolerance. That men could not love men--or women, women--that poverty was the fault and responsibility of the poverty-stricken (how can I have thought so!)--and that 'good' was something that could be decreed by governments, as if by creating laws we could establish the boundaries of someone else's needs and joys and confidence. How dare we decree what is 'good' for others when for us it has been a gift!'Sybil QuartermaineHôtel Baur au LacZürich14th May 1912"
Author: Timothy Findley
Quotes About Creating A Legacy Pictures