Famous Quotes About Dangerous Friends
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Dangerous Friends.
Top Quotes About Dangerous Friends
1. "The territorial aristocracy of former ages was either bound by law, or thought itself bound by usage, to come to the relief of its serving-men and to relieve their distress. But the manufacturing aristocracy of our age first impoverishes and debases the men who serve it and then abandons them to be supported by the charity of the public. This is a natural consequence of what has been said before. Between the workman and the master there are frequent relations, but no real association.I am of the opinion, on the whole, that the manufacturing aristocracy which is growing up under our eyes is one of the harshest that ever existed in the world; but at the same time it is one of the most confined and least dangerous. Nevertheless, the friends of democracy should keep their eyes anxiously fixed in this direction; for if ever a permanent inequality of conditions and aristocracy again penetrates into the world, it may be predicted that this is the gate by which they will enter."
Author: Alexis De Tocqueville
2. "Hunting Down the Secular Humanists" "...What makes them so dangerous is that Secular Humanists look just like you and me. Some of them could be your best friends without you knowing that they are Humanists. They could come into your house, play with your children, eat your food and even watch football with you on television, and you'd never know they have read Catcher in the Rye, Brave New World, and Huckleberry Finn....No one is safe until Congress sets up an Anti-Secular Humanism Committee to get at the rot. Witnesses have to be called, and they have to name names."
Author: Art Buchwald
3. "What do you want?" "Clothes mostly, some weapons."Sebastian shook his head." Too dangerous. We need to get in and out fast. Only emergency items.""My favourite jacket is a emergency item," Jace said. It was so much like hearing him talk to Alec, to any of his friends. "Much like myself, it is both snuggly and fashionable."
Author: Cassandra Clare
4. "Let no one think of me that I am humble or weak or passive; let them understand I am of a different kind: dangerous to my enemies, loyal to my friends. To such a life glory belongs."
5. "The dark dangerous forest is still there, my friends. Beyond the space of the astronauts and the astronomers, beyond the dark, tangled regions of Freudian and Jungian psychiatry, beyond the dubious psi-realms of Dr. Rhine, beyond the areas policed by the commissars and priests and motivations-research men, far, far beyond the mad, beat, half-hysterical laughter... the utterly unknown still is and the eerie and ghostly lurk, as much wrapped in mystery as ever."
Author: Fritz Leiber
6. "Because it is useless, and I tell them so at once. If you had confessed your fears to me sooner, I would have reassured you. My dear friend, a man in love is not only foolish but dangerous. I cease all intercourse with people who love me or pretend to; firstly, because they bore me, and secondly, because I look upon them with dread, as I would upon a mad dog. I know that your love is only a kind of appetite; while with me it would be a communion of souls. Now, look me in the face—" she no longer smiled. "I will never be your sweetheart; it is therefore useless for you to persist in your efforts. And now that I have explained, shall we be friends?"
Author: Guy De Maupassant
7. "Who else is going to do this job? What do you think that classified ad would read like? 'Dangerous job fighting otherworldly beings, no pay, fame or glory. Death possible. Slobber likely. Injuries always. Must distance yourself from family and friends for their protection.'" -- Cheveyo, Beyond the Darkness"
Author: Jaime Rush
8. "Politicians as a class are dangerous, that people who are seeking power over us are not, by definition, our friends."
Author: James Bovard
9. "He knew this could turn out to be a very dangerous ploy if it backfired, but he also knew he had his best friend firmly on his side. If nothing else, he knew he could let her take all the blame and she'd do it. He'd owe her majorly — what else were best friends for but blackmail opportunities and owing giant favors, anyway — but she'd do it."
Author: Jean Johnson
10. "JUAN PABLO MONTOYA Formula 1, and NASCAR Race Car Driver on DANGEROUS ODDS by Marisa Lankester:Reading Dangerous Odds only leads me to confirm the need people have for adrena-line. As a racecar driver, it's always about being on the edge and that is what I experienced throughout the pages of Dangerous Odds. Every chapter seemed like a race; trying to determine the odds, the risks worth taking - choosing friends and discovering enemies... It drove me to expect the unexpected. Knowing it's a true story gives us the reality check we all need from time to time. A must read book!!!"
Author: Juan Pablo Montoya
11. "When there's evil standing in your way, you got to get around it however you can, Natalie. You got to look it in the eye, let it know you see it and that it can't creep up on you. What's dangerous is pretending it isn't there at all and letting it get closer and closer while you're looking someplace else, until suddenly evil's walking alongside you like you were two friends out for a stroll on Sunday. So you look it in the face. You tell it with your eyes that you know what it is, that it don't have you fooled. You tell it you know what GOOD looks like."
Author: Kate Milford
12. "You're @ home?"She could hear him moving around..."I'll let you go then.""What if I dont want you to?"he said.She heard the music as he walked toward his room, some sort of jazz.her heart sped up, thinking of him stretched out on his bed too, "Good night, Seth.""So ur running again, then? One of his boots thudded on the floor."I'm not running.".."Really?""Really.Its just--"She stopped."Maybe you should slow down, so i can catch you."He paused, waiting.He seemed to do that more & more lately, make statements that invited her to admit something dangerous to their friendship.When she didnt answer he added, "Sweet dreams, Ash."
Author: Melissa Marr
13. "Connor," I murmured, not sure what to say to him. We were crossing into dangerous territory, and we both knew it."I don't think you understand how much I count on you, Abby, how much I need you, and how much I care about our friendship. You're so important to me."I didn't have an opportunity to respond. Before I knew what was happening, he was kissing me, and I was kissing him back, and it was everything I'd imagined it would be when I envisioned us kissing a thousand times."
Author: Monica Alexander
14. "I greatly fear some of America's greatest and most dangerous enemies are such as think themselves her best friends."
Author: Nathan Hale
15. "I dare say that if I knew him I should not be his friend at all. It is a very dangerous thing to know one's friends."
Author: Oscar Wilde
16. "Excerpt from page 3 of "Wicked Washington"Shelly Williams, the main character, speaking about her life:And close and dangerous calls were almost my last name. Yet I felt as comfortable among the street hustlers, junkies, thieves, and criminals of D.C. as I did dining with mywhite-collar, college-pedigreed friends over filet mignon, Maine lobster, and strawberry cheesecake at LaMermaidSeafood Restaurant."
Author: Sonja D. Jones
Quotes About Dangerous Friends Pictures